• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"The Aura is Mine!" Lucario Social Thread! (With More Moderators!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

hichez50

Smash Lord
NNID
Player-00
3DS FC
2122-6108-1245
I don't know what to tell you, unless you don't gain Aura from stocks vs CPU or I did something incredibly wrong and stupid. I can upload a vid if you want, but I suspect it has something to do with CPUs...which is weird if true.

But not as weird as seeing the Rival trophy getting killed round 1 in Classic mode by another random CPU.

Nothing about this game is consistent, I swear.
We just don't understand what is going on yet.

@ Kami~ Kami~ did you get hit before you SD'd? The game might treat actual SDs different than "kills".

Kami~

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kamicario
ugh lmao, guess I'll have to test manually later without handicap
no I didn't get hit or else that'd mess with my % dmg or kill me

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
And this is why I usually don't test things, because being lazy is far easier, huehuehue.

_Malal

Smash Cadet
Confirming RT's results

Ganon+Lucario with 2 controllers

I hit Lucario offstage twice and pummeled him to 180%

32% on Full Charge Aurasphere

Next game, hit Ganon offstage twice and pummeled Lucario too 180%

27%

Edit: forgot to mention, wiiU

Last edited:

|RK|

Smash Marketer
We just don't understand what is going on yet.

@ Kami~ Kami~ did you get hit before you SD'd? The game might treat actual SDs different than "kills".
I did it a while back to confirm, and I both handicapped and SD'd - 32% for a fully charged Aura Sphere.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Sweet, good to know I'm not going crazy.

Kami~

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kamicario
I did it a while back to confirm, and I both handicapped and SD'd - 32% for a fully charged Aura Sphere.
You used handicap? I have no idea what i'm doing wrong then, will have to play with it later some more. I'm happy im wrong though

maybe it can't be a cpu? i'll try in a bit with 2 controllers

Last edited:

Kami~

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kamicario
K, I tested with another controller and I got the same results as you guys. Behind 2 stocks = 32% AS and ahead = 27%

For some reason when testing with a lvl 1 cpu/any cpu? stock aura IS NONEXISTENT. Constant 30% no matter the stocks.

Why does this game like to **** with me i'll never know.

Last edited:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
This game is just inconsistent with everything.

I was playing against a friend's ZSS and the DownB was not hurting me despite landing it on me and bouncing off TWICE.

And then the whole Rival in Classic mode getting KO'd first round to a random CPU. This happened TWICE. I didn't think it was possible since the game makes it seem like you must fight it.

This game is full of strangeness.

Last edited:

PSIBoy

Smash Lord
This game is just inconsistent with everything.

I was playing against a friend's ZSS and the DownB was not hurting me despite landing it on me and bouncing off TWICE.

And then the whole Rival in Classic mode getting KO'd first round to a random CPU. This happened TWICE. I didn't think it was possible since the game makes it seem like you must fight it.

This game is full of strangeness.
At the very least people can create funny montages of SSB4 moments and post them on YouTube like during Brawl.

jankanpo

Smash Rookie
Is anyone able to give me some advice on the diddy matchup? (vids usually help me a lot)

I played against a bunch of diddy kong players in tournament yesterday, but I don't have enough experience to really know what to do against his moves. I tried to zone him out, but he closed the distance really fast! Custom moves were enabled for the tournament, so I was using snaring spheres, but that might have been a big mistake because he was able to hit me with a peanut for free anytime I launched it while in the neutral since the peanuts go through the snare spheres.

My area had only 1 diddy kong during brawl (and it wasn't his main), so I don't really know the match up at all

Jay-kun

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Apple first~<3
Is anyone able to give me some advice on the diddy matchup? (vids usually help me a lot)

I played against a bunch of diddy kong players in tournament yesterday, but I don't have enough experience to really know what to do against his moves. I tried to zone him out, but he closed the distance really fast! Custom moves were enabled for the tournament, so I was using snaring spheres, but that might have been a big mistake because he was able to hit me with a peanut for free anytime I launched it while in the neutral since the peanuts go through the snare spheres.

My area had only 1 diddy kong during brawl (and it wasn't his main), so I don't really know the match up at all
Hmm, first did the Diddy have any custom moves?

Kami~

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kamicario

Using any lucario custom is the first mistake.
Theres vids of me playing strongbads diddy but they aren't on youtube yet, could still link the twitch vod if you wanted though.

and omg you're the aib birthday guy, hi x3

Last edited:

_Malal

Smash Cadet
What is wrong with getting hit with the peanut after the sphere is already out? Doesn't that let you recover faster?

I do not know if snaring is worth losing the classic Diddy Peel/Dash Aura Sphere Punish, but it definitely bullies his recovery placed right.

I have had success in using crawl vs Diddys that get too fair happy, what did you find yourself getting opened up with?

jankanpo

Smash Rookie
Using any lucario custom is the first mistake.
Theres vids of me playing strongbads diddy but they aren't on youtube yet, could still link the twitch vod if you wanted though.

and omg you're the aib birthday guy, hi x3
Hello :3

Yeah, I just felt like trying out snaring sphere in tournament since it's really good if you manage to get them off the edge, but felt like it didn't work too well against diddy LOL

I beat the dude's shulk and he switched to diddy and then I got 3-stocked and then 2-stocked @_@

I would definitely watch a twitch vod of lucario vs diddy, I just don't have any references to go on at all at the moment

What is wrong with getting hit with the peanut after the sphere is already out? Doesn't that let you recover faster?

I do not know if snaring is worth losing the classic Diddy Peel/Dash Aura Sphere Punish, but it definitely bullies his recovery placed right.

I have had success in using crawl vs Diddys that get too fair happy, what did you find yourself getting opened up with?
I got opened up with bananas :(

I only managed to kill him on the one stock that I was able to hit him off the stage and just throw out a billion snares to make him roll into my up smash

MythTrainerInfinity

Smash Champion
NNID
MTInfinity
3DS FC
2363-5671-9607
Remember that priority in this game is increased from Brawl.

It takes 9% for a regular move to beat another regular move.

It is a bad idea to take damage that you can easily avoid or for no real reason. Unless of course you are way ahead and you want to scare a laser spamming Fox that already has some damage on him.

If you duck/crawl the Diddy could just aim his FAir lower or just run up and grab you. If you do duck into shield you may accidentally aim your shield lower leaving your head exposed.

Who is the Diddy that this working on?

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I feel like the Diddy matchup is like the Rosalina one. People are treating bananas like the boogeyman. Just don't let the bananas pressure you or scare you. You know what Diddy is going to do when he grabs you 95% of the time. And if for some strange reason the Diddy let's you live past 90%, just kill him in like 6 moves.

And friendly reminder that Diddy can fair AS. It just looks stupid if a Diddy knows this and does it to you.

Last edited:

Kami~

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kamicario
I feel like the Diddy matchup is like the Rosalina one. People are treating bananas like the boogeyman. Just don't let the bananas pressure you or scare you. You know what Diddy is going to do when he grabs you 95% of the time. And if for some strange reason the Diddy let's you live past 90%, just kill him in like 6 moves.

And friendly reminder that Diddy can fair AS. It just looks stupid if a Diddy knows this and does it to you.
The diddy mu is much worse than rosa and i'm not sure if it can even be compared besides having to play extremely defensive.

The bananas should be feared because they lead into grabs which is like 20%+ after the dthrow upair/fair. But still they are easily avoided if you play defensive

We all know what diddy is going to do when he grabs you, that doesn't change the fact he's going to get a free 20% from his dthrow followup. or 25% plus if he grabs you at 0

Being at 90% isn't a safe haven because this is prime %(maybe needs to be a little higher?) to be killed by dthrow-upair if the diddy is in rage mode. and landing kill moves on a small and fast char that is just trying to grab is not easy

This is probably the worst mu in the game closely followed by fox imo.
I just listed the negative things, there is still a lot of hope in this mu

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Mmm, I feel differently about the Diddy and Rosalina matchups since I get fairly regular practice for both, but then again, nothing in the game really scares me. I've seen too much stupidity in certain things to know what fear is anymore.

Last edited:

Kami~

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kamicario
I think if you played a really smart diddy you'd rethink your opinions on not fearing him

Jay-kun

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Apple first~<3
The diddy mu is much worse than rosa and i'm not sure if it can even be compared besides having to play extremely defensive.

The bananas should be feared because they lead into grabs which is like 20%+ after the dthrow upair/fair. But still they are easily avoided if you play defensive

We all know what diddy is going to do when he grabs you, that doesn't change the fact he's going to get a free 20% from his dthrow followup. or 25% plus if he grabs you at 0

Being at 90% isn't a safe haven because this is prime %(maybe needs to be a little higher?) to be killed by dthrow-upair if the diddy is in rage mode. and landing kill moves on a small and fast char that is just trying to grab is not easy

This is probably the worst mu in the game closely followed by fox imo.
I just listed the negative things, there is still a lot of hope in this mu
What, no. Bananas are nothing to be afraid of if you can keep pressure (by that I also mean no AS or AS only to destroy bananas). Diddy's d-throw combos only work when you are at low percents, than it is up to you to DI.

_Malal

Smash Cadet
I'm with RT on this one.

After Brawl, nothing in this game seems unreasonable to overcome.

Diddy and Rosie can be beaten if you're playing well, we don't have to make miracles to win.

... Well, until people start trying to time us out on a stock lead again, but that's only in theory.

@Kami I don't agree on Diddy but I think Fox is our most stressful MU in this game just due to the KO threat he throws around with that speed.

@Myth The Diddy can start going for deeper fairs yes but those are easier to see coming or unsafe on block depending on Diddy's timing.

It can be worked around but it stops Diddy from mindlessly stuffing you out with SHFF buffered fair.

All your options are available on crouch too so it's not like it's a hard commitment, it's just a walk that lowers your hitbox.

Pitbuller26

Smash Lord
Still having trouble with the Rosalina match up. Right now I feel like it's 70/30 in rosa's favor. :/
Rosalina is tough but not that extreme. You have to make sure you kill Luma because Rosalina's moves can't really kill which is a blessing for us (nearly free damage on us). It doesn't matter if we're at 90% or 180%, chances are Luma will kill us then. Killing Luma is what makes the matchup doable.

Speaking of timing out, I had to fight a Pikachu who was certainly trying to time me out. Let's just say, Lucario's aura said no to that.

Last edited:

_Malal

Smash Cadet
I hate to change to topic, but just finished The Legend of Korra finale (Late because had to bum off someone else's comp)

I don't get how this ending is controversal.

spiderfreak1011

Smash Ace
NNID
spiderfreak1011
3DS FC
3050-8430-0117
I hate to change to topic, but just finished The Legend of Korra finale (Late because had to bum off someone else's comp)

Its controversial because of the...Relationship, implied in the ending of the finale.

*cough*korrasami*cough*

spiderfreak1011

Smash Ace
NNID
spiderfreak1011
3DS FC
3050-8430-0117
Rosalina is tough but not that extreme. You have to make sure you kill Luma because Rosalina's moves can't really kill which is a blessing for us (nearly free damage on us). It doesn't matter if we're at 90% or 180%, chances are Luma will kill us then. Killing Luma is what makes the matchup doable.

Speaking of timing out, I had to fight a Pikachu who was certainly trying to time me out. Let's just say, Lucario's aura said no to that.
Lol, i hate when an opponent tries to time me out. It barely happens, but when it does, i make sure they fail in that. XD

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162

They're just mad because now they can't say "Korra is my waifu!111!!!1!!!!" anymore.

Honestly, no one should care.

Kami~

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kamicario
What, no. Bananas are nothing to be afraid of if you can keep pressure (by that I also mean no AS or AS only to destroy bananas). Diddy's d-throw combos only work when you are at low percents, than it is up to you to DI.
YEAH OK LOL
You should leave this thread til you play something other than a for glory diddy. That dthrow upair works til extremely high %'s
Wouldn't expect a no name scrub like you to know though. I'll report myself, no one else has to ^-^

And the diddy mu is as stressful as fox in dif ways but you won't know it til you play a competent one, you can't judge off your friends who have only played for a week.

Last edited:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I think if you played a really smart diddy you'd rethink your opinions on not fearing him
I've been playing against a Diddy that has been playing since Brawl and regularly places top at all tourneys here.

I will admit I am nowhere near a top player compared to him, but when I see parts where I am already giving him trouble at times, there is something going on. Again, not saying it's by any means a good matchup for Lucario, but I think it might be more manageable compared with other characters vs Diddy. But I get fairly regular Diddy practice, so my opinions are biased.

And bananas are good and you still have to respect them, but I think people still fear them more than they should overall, like Luma.

I agree Fox is poopoo matchup. Fox can just go feral and outpace anything Lucario can do.

Last edited:

_Malal

Smash Cadet
Cali is a stacked as **** region, so I don't feel the need to question the competency of local Diddy Kongs

Especially when some of them have been playing since Brawl.

I pretty much share feelings with RT, we give Diddy trouble if he drops the ball on his momentum/We get him offstage.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Playing Trela in Lucario dittos is funny. Maybe one day he'll come back inspired to use him...one day...

Last edited:

jankanpo

Smash Rookie
i can't imagine not playing smash at local events, but i also live on an island in the middle of the ocean, so that little bit of extra delay might be a bit too much

Jay-kun

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Apple first~<3
YEAH OK LOL
You should leave this thread til you play something other than a for glory diddy. That dthrow upair works til extremely high %'s
Wouldn't expect a no name scrub like you to know though. I'll report myself, no one else has to ^-^

And the diddy mu is as stressful as fox in dif ways but you won't know it til you play a competent one, you can't judge off your friends who have only played for a week.
Dont be mean. Dthrow combos can still work at higher percents, but then they are not true combos. The reads are hards yes but it is not impossible, maybe a quick wavebounce would work?? Also, Im a loner , I dont have friends. Problem?

Please dont be so judgemental, I am stuck with the 3ds version until after Christmas. But, Im considering using the 3ds controller or WiiMote like I did in Brawl.

Merry Christmas God Bless- Jay kun

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom