• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"The Aura is Mine!" Lucario Social Thread! (With More Moderators!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
I'm sick of you. I'm not a god damn fan boy. Lucario wasn't relevant prior to the corocoro scan and any poster can go back to those pages and clearly see why. They can both be in now yeah, they have an excuse, but at the same time "Mega" forms aren't unique. I can say Absol is relevant just because of it's "Mega" form. The same way that I said Mewtwo was. It would make the upgrades redundant, but Mewtwo still retains his relevancy because of the movie. So I still don't know where Sakurai would go with this. I will say that Lucario's chances have rose, but it's still really dependent on if Sakurai will have the balls to cut Jiggs. And if it's one thing I don't think Sakurai has that would be a pair to cut a 3x Smash veteran.
Absol IS relevent, not popular enough to be a character, though.

also, a character doesn't have to be in a movie to be relevant! that's the stupidest thing I have heard! and even if that's not what you have meant, they are now ALL relevant. if anything, BLAZIKEN has a way higher chance because of recent events.

and why are you so set on the idea that there will only be 4 pokemon reps? I say the big three should be allowed 5 reps each, not counting transformations. jiggs doesn't have to be cut, neither does lucario. and mewtwo can be in too.

SpaceJell0

Smash Ace
NNID
SpaceJell0
3DS FC
0104-0342-5999
Have you guys seen the pic of MegaLucario fighting MegaMewtwo? Yeah they're a shoe-in. (Go awai Jigglypuff...please)

2 C H i L L E D

Eternal Hitstun
3DS FC
3956-0619-2163
Absol IS relevent, not popular enough to be a character, though.

also, a character doesn't have to be in a movie to be relevant! that's the stupidest thing I have heard! and even if that's not what you have meant, they are now ALL relevant. if anything, BLAZIKEN has a way higher chance because of recent events.

and why are you so set on the idea that there will only be 4 pokemon reps? I say the big three should be allowed 5 reps each, not counting transformations. jiggs doesn't have to be cut, neither does lucario. and mewtwo can be in too.
Yes that's what I'm saying. They are all relevant but for you to be a smasher you have to be somewhat "unique" have a feature that sets you apart. Lucario is unique (having proved that by being in Brawl) and has all the reason in the world to take Jigg's spot. But Sakurai has all the reason in the world to keep her in. It's really based on what the final roster size will be. I really can't see any more than 40-42 characters. That's essentially the same as Brawl. And I can see franchises with fewer reps namely Metroid getting additional reps before adding more to the larger franchises. But yeah, I agree with that statement and I like the resulting reps. I just don't see 5 reps at the moment. Maybe I will after more information comes.

Rukario448

Smash Rookie
- That's definitely aimed directly at me. Whatever man, I couldn't give less of a damn about your moment.
That isn't the focus of this sentence. We can see that fanboys' (Positioning of the apostrophe) refers to a plural.
Therefore, a more simple interpretation might be:
I'm thankful that Mewtwo's fanboys have stopped voicing their negative opinions of Lucario.

Chillax, man. Stop jumping in with an angry comment before thoroughly understanding the post.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Yes that's what I'm saying. They are all relevant but for you to be a smasher you have to be somewhat "unique" have a feature that sets you apart. Lucario is unique (having proved that by being in Brawl) and has all the reason in the world to take Jigg's spot. But Sakurai has all the reason in the world to keep her in. It's really based on what the final roster size will be. I really can't see any more than 40-42 characters. That's essentially the same as Brawl. And I can see franchises with fewer reps namely Metroid getting additional reps before adding more to the larger franchises. But yeah, I agree with that statement and I like the resulting reps. I just don't see 5 reps at the moment. Maybe I will after more information comes.
Pokémon doesn't have a chance at a newcomer, that much I agree with. However, remember, not only is Pokémon an ENORMOUS franchise, but the Pokémon roster would consist only of veterans. Veterans are A LOT easier to implement than newcomers, and all the Pokémon reps have a fanbase of their own. I can rather see characters like Toon Link, Wolf, Lucas, Ike and Snake being cut before any Pokémon rep, especially since no Pokémon rep is a clone. It's not unrealistic to expect 5 Pokémon characters, because they're easy to implement, even Mewtwo would be a lot easier to make than a newcomer since they already have a lot of basis things from him to work from. I'm not expecting Pokémon to suffer a cut personally, just because as of currently the possible characters aren't hard to work with, just look at Pikachu who looks to has nearly no changes, they could do the same with Jigglypuff and call it a day. Sure they'd still have to balance them, but they have to do that with all characters regardless.

I'm not really expecting any Pokémon cuts this time around. All I'm expecting is a new FS for Lucario and a FS for Mewtwo, and adjustements to Mewtwo and Pokemon Trainer. They don't need to do more, so those characters wouldn't be too much of a hassle, and would be better received than clones getting in over any of them. Also, because of the nature of the Pokémon franchise it's not too far-fetched to expect it to have more reps than Mario or Zelda, since those series are pretty much covered, Pokémon can't be fully covered, and thus it'll probably be amongst the most repped series.

Anyways, that's just my two cent, I don't know how Sakurai and co. views it though.

MagnesD3

Smash Master
Since Mega-Lucario looks like Final Smash material, would you want Mega-Lucario to be a powered up Lucario (similar Giga Bowser or Wario-Man) or have Mega-Lucario performing Lucario's Brawl FS (the aura kamehameha)?
I hope they dont waste the opportunity to make them transform mid match instead of relying on an item, especially since the mega mechanic is very similar.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
am I the only one who hopes it's NOT the mega form you play as by default?

plz have it as a FS or a Alt. Costume.

2 C H i L L E D

Eternal Hitstun
3DS FC
3956-0619-2163
Sure you deserve to call yourself '2 C H i L L E D'? Chill down man.
I am chilled. Like really chilled right now if you know what I mean. But you can't really judge my attitude based on a post even though words I may use will point to a specific tone. Js...

Rukario448

Smash Rookie
Wariofan1, I definitely agree with you. I don't plan on seeing too many changes to Lucario, and I expect that Mewtwo would be coming back. With all of Sakurai's effort invested into Lucario, I believe that the development team wouldn't want to let that effort go to waste; Right now, with such a large fanbase for Pokemon, I would consider cutting a loved veteran to be PR-wise and economically detrimental to the franchise, especially with no 6th gen mascot, as others have already pointed out.

My only concern would be that if there were time constraints, Mewtwo could still be left back, since there would be more work adding mechanics and remodeling for Mewtwo compared to Lucario.

Rukario448

Smash Rookie
I am chilled. Like really chilled right now if you know what I mean. But you can't really judge my attitude based on a post even though words I may use will point to a specific tone. Js...
I think the point was that each member of this thread should keep a calm tone of voice when posting to maintain a constructive debate, and not so much concern towards personal well-being.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
You would start as the normal forms then earn the mega forms in the middle of battle.
Meh.

still really don't like the idea...

the new design's really cool, but I like the old one a lot better. and I like lucario's mechanic in brawl, so I don't want to change that either.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774

I think I get you man.

Notice the longer dreads on Lucario in his Mega Evolution? Think this made me actually really love the character.

Cause to be honest, I was kinda pissed Lucario got in Brawl over Mewtwo.

MagnesD3

Smash Master
Meh.

still really don't like the idea...

the new design's really cool, but I like the old one a lot better. and I like lucario's mechanic in brawl, so I don't want to change that either.
Well im all for incorporating the new coolness, he would still have the aura mechanic were he does more damage btw its just he can transform when its maxed out. Also Mega Lucario is way cooler than Lucario.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Well im all for incorporating the new coolness, he would still have the aura mechanic were he does more damage btw its just he can transform when its maxed out. Also Mega Lucario is way cooler than Lucario.
if it was a alt costume, we'd both be happy.

Do we have much info on mega lucario? like, are there any new abilities?

Rukario448

Smash Rookie
In X and Y, his ability will change to Adaptability, which changes STAB from 1.5x to 2x, but I haven't heard many significant changes other than that.

Gune

Smash Lord
In X and Y, his ability will change to Adaptability, which changes STAB from 1.5x to 2x, but I haven't heard many significant changes other than that.
Apparently hes taller now and weighs more, though they did say stats would be boosted but which stats will be they, have have not said yet....Im gonna be pissed if this is just a defense form for him....

Steelia

Smash Champion
Apparently hes taller now and weighs more, though they did say stats would be boosted but which stats will be they, have have not said yet....Im gonna be pissed if this is just a defense form for him....
It's already been confirmed that Lucario's new MegaEvo raises his Atk (same with Blaziken and Absol), whereas Mega Mewtwo specializes in Sp. Atk. No worries :)

I will say that Lucario's chances have rose, but it's still really dependent on if Sakurai will have the balls to cut Jiggs. And if it's one thing I don't think Sakurai has that would be a pair to cut a 3x Smash veteran.
We all know Female Kirby isn't going anywhere... \:

Gilius Thunderhead

Smash Apprentice
I don't completely understand this whole Mega evolution thing. Did they scrap the whole "Awakened" thing entirely and just replaced it with Mega Mewtwo?

Apparently Mega evolutions activate when a Pokémon enters battle and ends when they leave it (when the battle itself ends not when the Pokémon faints or is withdrawn) so if Lucario does return there's a good chance he'll be in his Mega form the whole time. I'd actually prefer it as long as they buff his final smash. I think his Mega Form looks boss anyways, unlike Mewtwo's.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
I don't completely understand this whole Mega evolution thing. Did they scrap the whole "Awakened" thing entirely and just replaced it with Mega Mewtwo?

Apparently Mega evolutions activate when a Pokémon enters battle and ends when they leave it (when the battle itself ends not when the Pokémon faints or is withdrawn) so if Lucario does return there's a good chance he'll be in his Mega form the whole time. I'd actually prefer it as long as they buff his final smash. I think his Mega Form looks boss anyways, unlike Mewtwo's.
I don't think it will be like that the same reason I don't think adult isaac would be included over young issac.

it's not their original, more well known form.

Gilius Thunderhead

Smash Apprentice
I don't think it will be like that the same reason I don't think adult isaac would be included over young issac.

it's not their original, more well known form.
I can't really say which form it will be or even if he'll get in the game, but I can always hope.

It kind of is, I mean it's not, but it looks enough like it that anyone who knows Lucario can tell that it's him, plus it looks so insanely cool! It is the same character just a different, newer and cooler design, you know like TP Link.

EDIT: It's probably too late in development for Mega Lucario to have a chance, but again, one can always hope. Mewtwo will always be my first choice though, and with X and Y coming soon a Pokémon rep is just around the corner.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
I can't really say which form it will be or even if he'll get in the game, but I can always hope.

It kind of is, I mean it's not, but it looks enough like it that anyone who knows Lucario can tell that it's him, plus it looks so insanely cool! It is the same character just a different, newer and cooler design, you know like TP Link.
I don't know why I want regular lucario so badly, but I do.

I think it's the hairy tail. I don't like that.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
I want the forms to be a gameplay strategy, you won't convince me of anything else it's way too cool of a game mechanic. Earning these super powered forms mid match would be sweet.
alright. but you won't convince me either.

Gilius Thunderhead

Smash Apprentice
I don't know why I want regular lucario so badly, but I do.

I think it's the hairy tail. I don't like that.
Well It's only been a day man. Don't worry it'll grow on you, first time I saw it I thought it was stupid and a total rip-off of Digivolving, an hour later I made it my profile pic.

What worked for me was turning all my confusion and frustration on Mega Blaziken. I mean does Blaziken really need a Mega form? With Speed Boost?!! He's already Uber tier for Arceus sakes, and I just know that everyone and their mom is gonna be using Mega Blaziken from now on! I mean they're literally giving Torchick's with Mega stones out on X and Y, It's ridiculous!! I love all the others especially Ampharos, but Blaziken really pissed me off. If every 3rd evo starter doesn't get a Mega form then just give up.

Edit: Maybe I got a little carried away here.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
just thought of something:

Lucario changing into mega-lucario mid match would certanly be interesting, as Magnes said, but it might interfere with the aura mechanic.

yeah, I've said this all before, but I wanted to mention something:

that it would work PERFECTLY as a replacement for one of MEWTWO's specials nobody uses. (changing into awakened forme, not mega-lucario).

that way we can have a stat-effecting mega-pokemon move an a mega-pokemon FS. it's flawless.

Well It's only been a day man. Don't worry it'll grow on you, first time I saw it I thought it was stupid and a total rip-off of Digivolving, an hour later I made it my profile pic.
I'm not saying it doesn't look cool, it really does (I made it my pic as well), I just like regular lucario more. that's about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom