• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"The Aura is Mine!" Lucario Social Thread! (With More Moderators!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gune

Smash Lord
But to add to the final smash discussion I was thinking since closecombat is Lucarios megaform signature move how about for a final smash he could go megaform then use close combat maybe like ikes great aether or links triforce slash, Like if you catch your opponet in the first hit they get caught in a flurry of afterimage punches and kicks until he delivers the final blow and sends you flying, if you didnt catch them the you just send out after image punches in the direction you were faceing untill it ends.

MagnesD3

Smash Master
It might not be what you have in mind, but it wouldn't be boring, also it's by far the most likely way it'll get in(if at all).

I know you want it to be used competitively, but I don't see it working the way you said. So he'd still have his Aura mechanic from brawl, but now when his aura reaches it's peak he mega evolves and gets buffed up? Sounds a lot more like a handicap than an earned transformation. Final smash is the best way to go for many reasons. Why make such a drastic change to an already great character anyways? If the Lucario we got in brawl wasn't enough for you play as someone else, because he doesn't need any tacky mid-fight transformation.
How would it be a handicap when he grows much stronger? After reaching maximum aura you can hit a button (currently down taunt) and you will transform, this will change properties of all of his moves in some way, you can be punished like a normal transformation if timed poorly, you revert when you die and must start the process over again.

Rukario448

Smash Rookie
But to add to the final smash discussion I was thinking since closecombat is Lucarios megaform signature move how about for a final smash he could go megaform then use close combat maybe like ikes great aether or links triforce slash, Like if you catch your opponet in the first hit they get caught in a flurry of afterimage punches and kicks until he delivers the final blow and sends you flying, if you didnt catch them the you just send out after image punches in the direction you were faceing untill it ends.
Seems probable. I don't know if they'd prefer to have two vastly different characters have very similar Final Smashes, however; it'd probably come off as unoriginal to most. I hope a new completely different mechanism using Close Combat is created; a "buffed Lucario" Final Smash with short cut-scenes upon Close-Combat impact would be awesome for me.

Gune

Smash Lord
Seems probable. I don't know if they'd prefer to have two vastly different characters have very similar Final Smashes, however; it'd probably come off as unoriginal to most. I hope a new completely different mechanism using Close Combat is created; a "buffed Lucario" Final Smash with short cut-scenes upon Close-Combat impact would be awesome for me.
Know that I think about it CloseCombat getting a cut scene final smash would be so fitting for it since you do get up close and and completely overwhelm your enemy with punch's and kicks...the more I imagine it the more awesome it sounds.:chuckle:

Gilius Thunderhead

Smash Apprentice
How would it be a handicap when he grows much stronger? After reaching maximum aura you can hit a button (currently down taunt) and you will transform, this will change properties of all of his moves in some way, you can be punished like a normal transformation if timed poorly, you revert when you die and must start the process over again.
Sorry I meant to say it would be like a crutch. If he can instantly get stronger in the middle of the match (even if he needs to be at high damages) he'd be pretty broken. Someone who's already extremely skilled with Lucario would get even better. Yes, even if it requires them to transform like Samus' taunt transformation it would still be unbalanced. What's the point in balancing out a huge cast of characters if one of them is just going to transform and potentially overpower most of them. stop trying to explain it more, I understood it fine before and it still sounds a lot more like a crutch not an earned transformation.

Again why make such a drastic change to a great character, especially if it could potentially break him. If Lucario does return he needs to stay close to how he was in brawl, not get some tacky unnecessary transformation. He was already a unique character in brawl, he doesn't need all this, and I doubt the smash team would waste time adding it in this late as anything but a final smash, which is what it should be.

MagnesD3

Smash Master
That's exactly why it's a handicap. If he can instantly get stronger in the middle of the match (even if he needs to be at high damages) he'd be pretty broken. Someone who's already extremely skilled with Lucario would get even better. Yes, even if it requires them to transform like Samus' taunt transformation it would still be unbalanced. What's the point in balancing out a huge cast of characters if one of them is just going to transform and potentially overpower most of them. stop trying to explain it more, I understood it fine before and it still sounds a lot more like a handicap not an earned transformation.

Again why make such a drastic change to a great character, especially if it could potentially break him. If Lucario does return he needs to stay close to how he was in brawl, not get some tacky unnecessary transformation. He was already a unique character in brawl, he doesn't need all this, and I doubt the smash team would waste time adding it in this late as anything but a final smash, which is what it should be.
I mean If you make lazy changes yes it could be broken but that's why you make careful changes. But it's whatever your entitled to want what you want. I just don't want these forms wasted.

Gilius Thunderhead

Smash Apprentice
I mean If you make lazy changes yes it could be broken but that's why you make careful changes. But it's whatever your entitled to want what you want. I just don't want these forms wasted.
That's exactly why they'd be better as a final smash. You mind telling me exactly why having them as a final smash would waste them? Besides it's not like they can incorporate every aspect of a characters game into this game. They already won't be wasted because they'll be in X and Y where they belong.

MagnesD3

Smash Master
That's exactly why they'd be better as a final smash. You mind telling me exactly why having them as a final smash would waste them? Besides it's not like they can incorporate every aspect of a characters game into this game. They already won't be wasted because they'll be in X and Y where they belong.
Because nobody plays with items on.... and if your afraid of brokeness well items are broken, id rather sakurai not get lazy and just make there be a good way for them to be playable and not just a lame final smash.

Rukario448

Smash Rookie
Because nobody plays with items on.... and if your afraid of brokeness well items are broken, id rather sakurai not get lazy and just make there be a good way for them to be playable and not just a lame final smash.
I believe that games in the Super Smash Bros. series have been catered well towards both casual and competitive players; in party play, I've enjoyed the havoc created by different items, and even in semi-competitive play, Final Smashes are still sometimes left on (at least, in my own personal experience). I think that a Mega-Lucario Final Smash would retain the balance already present for Lucario in competitive play while adding an awe-inspiring and exciting component to casual play.

MagnesD3

Smash Master
I believe that games in the Super Smash Bros. series have been catered well towards both casual and competitive players; in party play, I've enjoyed the havoc created by different items, and even in semi-competitive play, Final Smashes are still sometimes left on (at least, in my own personal experience). I think that a Mega-Lucario Final Smash would retain the balance already present for Lucario in competitive play while adding an awe-inspiring and exciting component to casual play.
It could be implemented with balance during actual gameplay without items though it just requires more effort. I like mega lucario waaay more than I do the original, not including these new forms were it counts would be an extreme bummer especially when in the actual pokemon game mega forms arent overpowered either the pokemon are just buffed in certain ways. At the competitive level this could be incredibly exciting as you could turn the tide of battle with this transformation.

Rukario448

Smash Rookie
At the competitive level this could be incredibly exciting as you could turn the tide of battle with this transformation.
Although such a mechanic would definitely be exciting, I feel that it would be against the spirit of the gameplay to have a mechanic that, by itself, could turn tables. Perhaps a mostly net-zero change in gameplay could be considered (similar to Zelda's transformation to and from Shiek), but I feel like a general increase in power would be too difficult to effectively balance against all of the other characters.

MagnesD3

Smash Master
Although such a mechanic would definitely be exciting, I feel that it would be against the spirit of the gameplay to have a mechanic that, by itself, could turn tables. Perhaps a mostly net-zero change in gameplay could be considered (similar to Zelda's transformation to and from Shiek), but I feel like a general increase in power would be too difficult to effectively balance against all of the other characters.
It really depends if Sakurai is confident enough in his balancing abilities to get it right, its not like he would turn super sonic or anything lol.

Swift Fox

Smash Lord
Meh, I feel bad for Sakurai when Lucario was going to have Mega-Evolution without using Smash Ball. That is particularly because it will mess up the balance and they had to re-balance it as if it was another character. (adding a characters is like multiplying with others)

Plus Lucario will have to have Lucarionite in his pocket the whole time for it to happen without Smash Ball. (but then we don't know how to trigger Mega Evolution in battle in Pokemon game yet.)

Same to MegaMewtwo.

Gilius Thunderhead

Smash Apprentice
No, what you're saying is YOU don't play with items on. That's your fault not the smash team's. Sakurai knows that there are way more casuals than competitive players, that's why items are in the game. They're also turned on during most of the single player modes, so whether you use them or not is irrelevant. If Mega Lucario ends up being his final smash and you never use it because you refuse to play with items on then it's not wasted..... you're just being stupid.

So if he decides not to give Lucario some stupid mid-fight transformation and make Mega Lucario a final smash like it should be then that makes him lazy? You do realize he'd have to program the other form from the ground up like every other character right? It's just not a good idea. What if Wario transformed into WarioMan when his down B was fully charged (Not as powerful as his final smash, but still) You see how that could be a problem? You sound like you either want mega Lucario as a mid-fight form change or you don't want him at all, which is pretty selfish.

EDIT: Like I've been saying, Lucario's fine the way he is, he simply doesn't need to change that much if at all.

Swift Fox

Smash Lord
So if he decides not to give Lucario some stupid mid-fight transformation and make Mega Lucario a final smash like it should be then that makes him lazy? You do realize he'd have to program the other form from the ground up like every other character right? It's just not a good idea. What if Wario transformed into WarioMan when his down B was fully charged (Not as powerful as his final smash, but still) You see how that could be a problem? You sound like you either want mega Lucario as a mid-fight form change or you don't want him at all, which is pretty selfish.

EDIT: Like I've been saying, Lucario's fine the way he is, he simply doesn't need to change that much if at all.
Indeed... If Sakurai and his team was going to work on non-FS MegaLucario/Mewtwo it'd be too much of works for Lucario/Mewtwo alone. And then that can lead them to drop non-FS MegaEvolution and/or possibly the entire characters due to "time constraints". That isn't something we want to see.

Normal Lucario with MegaLucario or just his normal self (if Smash Ball=/=Lucarionite) for FS is much easier for Smash team to work on IMHO and I wouldn't consider it a lazy thing to do.

Better safe than sorry >_>

MagnesD3

Smash Master
No, what you're saying is YOU don't play with items on. That's your fault not the smash team's. Sakurai knows that there are way more casuals than competitive players, that's why items are in the game. They're also turned on during most of the single player modes, so whether you use them or not is irrelevant. If Mega Lucario ends up being his final smash and you never use it because you refuse to play with items on then it's not wasted..... you're just being stupid.

It is lazy, look at other fighting games that actually try and implement new things throwing it to a final smash is easy, also I really dont care about casuals opinions because they usually dont know much, I dont play with items because I enjoy competitive gaming when it comes to fighting games as thats what they are meant for (even though nintendo calls it a party game), I mean every now and again we play items but its never serious, I want sakurai to work hard and implement this new form into this character in some way that isnt just an easy final smash (that would be brainless). As for warioman he isnt even that important to wario as a series, it was just wario needed a final smash so they found one and it was him, pokemon have techniques that can be used for final smashes that would be considered to powerful in game. These forms are actually not overpowered and are in the games. Its an extreme waste and there is no way you are changing my mind, it is lazy to just final smash it, final smash is lazy in general as it means its an item and doesnt affect the overall balance and gameplay meaning less work for them when making the game.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
If you are still implying that once lucario's form changes, he's at max power? That's stupid, then they would target the lucario player in a free for all.

Also, you are implying that lucario's new form is essensial to his character when it isn't. In fact, far from it.

Alright,see you tomorrow I need sleep.

Swift Fox

Smash Lord
It is lazy, look at other fighting games that actually try and implement new things throwing it to a final smash is easy, also I really dont care about casuals opinions because they usually dont know much, I dont play with items because I enjoy competitive gaming when it comes to fighting games as thats what they are meant for (even though nintendo calls it a party game), I mean every now and again we play items but its never serious, I want sakurai to work hard and implement this new form into this character in some way that isnt just an easy final smash (that would be brainless).
I don't think you have caught up interviews with Sakurai, he already stated he and his team were already working really hard on previous Smash Bros games and then on SSB4. Melee was supposed to have only 20 characters (including transforms) but it ended up having 26 in total. And then there were 39 in Brawl. Sakurai also stated that by adding a character into Smash game it's like multiplying with others.

If the "lazy" thing wasn't the case then Roy and Mewtwo would have made it to Brawl.

So no, I don't think they would be happy to work on another (equivalent to) "character" for each Lucario and Mewtwo as their new transforms. We're surprised that you decided to call their hard of works "lazy"...

MagnesD3

Smash Master
I don't think you have caught up interviews with Sakurai, he already stated he and his team were already working really hard on previous Smash Bros games and then on SSB4. Melee was supposed to have only 20 characters (including transforms) but it ended up having 26 in total. And then there were 39 in Brawl. Sakurai later stated that by adding a character into Smash game it's like multiplying with others.

If the "lazy" thing wasn't the case then Roy and Mewtwo would have made it to Brawl.

So no, I don't think they would be happy to work on another (equivalent to) "character" for each Lucario and Mewtwo as their new transforms. We're surprised that you decided to call their hard of works "lazy"...
When a company like capcom who doesnt have the best reputation can work their ass off to at least make good fighting games with a ton of characters, mechanics and variety then a way bigger company like nintendo with a better reputation can do more or at least equally good as the said capcom games, I expect them to work harder and make less excuses, I am confident that the cutting of the subspace will help but from those interview I just hear alot of excuses, we will know for certain when we see the final product.

Swift Fox

Smash Lord
When a company like capcom who doesnt have the best reputation can work their *** off to at least make good fighting games with a ton of characters, mechanics and variety then a way bigger company like nintendo with a better reputation can do more or at least equally good as the said capcom games, I expect them to work harder and make less excuses, I am confident that the cutting of the subspace will help but from those interview I just hear alot of excuses, we will know for certain when we see the final product.
SSB isn't a fighting game (as claimed by Sakurai himself) and I wonder how characters fight in Capcom's fighting games. Are they like luigified clones of each others or most are creatures and/or humanoids with lot of variety of moves like Pikachu, Kirby, Mario VS Captain Falcon, whatever? I can tell it's harder to balance characters' moves in Smash than in other fighting games.

And, of course, I'd really like to see non-FS MegaLucario or MegaMewtwo playable sometime in 2014. That's when Sakurai and his team are willing invest their lot of time and work into it even though it doesn't really deserve that much, just for the hell outta it. But right now, We don't really know what kind of plan do they have for Lucario and Mewtwo's Mega Evolutions. We shouldn't expect too much for something that is difficult to work on.

We should wait and see how Mega Evolution works in Pokemon X/Y then we can get the ideas how to transform them in Smash game.

MagnesD3

Smash Master
SSB isn't a fighting game (as claimed by Sakurai himself) and I wonder how characters fight in Capcom's fighting games. Are they like luigified clones of each others or most are creatures and/or humanoids with lot of variety of moves like Pikachu, Kirby, Mario VS Captain Falcon, whatever? I can tell it's harder to balance characters' moves in Smash than in other fighting games.

And, of course, I'd really like to see non-FS MegaLucario or MegaMewtwo playable sometime in 2014. That's when Sakurai and his team are willing invest their lot of time and work into it even though it doesn't really deserve that much, just for the hell outta it. But right now, We don't really know what kind of plan do they have for Lucario and Mewtwo's Mega Evolutions. We shouldn't expect too much for something that is difficult to work on.

We should wait and see how Mega Evolution works in Pokemon X/Y then we can get the ideas how to transform them in Smash game.
I know that sakurai said that but to clarify it is a fighting game (regardless of what sakurai says) its just a very different fighting game, and yes Im just gonna wait and see until more info is released on the forms before I suggest more.

Gilius Thunderhead

Smash Apprentice
It is lazy, look at other fighting games that actually try and implement new things throwing it to a final smash is easy, also I really dont care about casuals opinions because they usually dont know much, I dont play with items because I enjoy competitive gaming when it comes to fighting games as thats what they are meant for (even though nintendo calls it a party game), I mean every now and again we play items but its never serious, I want sakurai to work hard and implement this new form into this character in some way that isnt just an easy final smash (that would be brainless). As for warioman he isnt even that important to wario as a series, it was just wario needed a final smash so they found one and it was him, pokemon have techniques that can be used for final smashes that would be considered to powerful in game. These forms are actually not overpowered and are in the games. Its an extreme waste and there is no way you are changing my mind, it is lazy to just final smash it, final smash is lazy in general as it means its an item and doesnt affect the overall balance and gameplay meaning less work for them when making the game.
So if the smash team doesn't do one little selfish thing that you want and keeps Lucario, a veteran fighter, basically the same as he was in brawl that means that they're being lazy. Okay, I understand now, that makes perfect sense. Oh, and why should we care about casual players in the slightest? I mean they only make up the vast majority of smash bros fan base, why should Sakurai care about them at all? If it weren't for all of them we probably wouldn't even have gotten a sequel to smash64, but hey, who needs 'em, am I right? Sakurai totally didn't have to put final smashes in the game at all, but the fact that he did just proves how much of a lazy SoB he really is. Also you're totally right about Wario Man. He's not nearly as important to the WarioWare series as mega Lucario is to Pokémon. This new form we just learned about a few days ago and has to be in smash, it's just too important not to be!

Sarcasm

In all seriousness, you clearly have no idea how hard Sakurai and the other devs work to make sure everyone enjoys their game, even the assholes. They work themselves to exhaustion day and night while guys like you sit at your computer and criticize them for a game they're still hard at work on.

MagnesD3

Smash Master
So if the smash team doesn't do one little selfish thing that you want and keeps Lucario, a veteran fighter, basically the same as he was in brawl that means that they're being lazy. Okay, I understand now, that makes perfect sense. Oh, and why should we care about casual players in the slightest? I mean they only make up the vast majority of smash bros fan base, why should Sakurai care about them at all? If it weren't for all of them we probably wouldn't even have gotten a sequel to smash64, but hey, who needs 'em, am I right? Sakurai totally didn't have to put final smashes in the game at all, but the fact that he did just proves how much of a lazy SoB he really is. Also you're totally right about Wario Man. He's not nearly as important to the WarioWare series as mega Lucario is to Pokémon. This new form we just learned about a few days ago and has to be in smash, it's just too important not to be!

Sarcasm

In all seriousness, you clearly have no idea how hard Sakurai and the other devs work to make sure everyone enjoys their game, even the *******s. They work themselves to exhaustion day and night while guys like you sit at your computer and criticize them for a game they're still hard at work on.
Obviously the casuals are important, I just said I dont care about them, also a copy and pasted lucario would be lzay and not implementing the form in some new way would be lazy too, I couldnt care less if he does it how I want it, he can do it however as long as its something I can play in a competitive match. As for him complaining, in his interviews he does act like he does all this stuff by himself when he actually has a team that helps out a ton, Im only saying they are complaining to much and If they have alot of shortcomings then they will probably just make excuses, I want them to get what they planned to put in their games in them or at least make dlc what they run out of time for. I expect alot from a blockbuster like smash.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
I would rather them copy-paste a character I already really like, so they have more time for other things.

if something's not broken, why fix it?

Gilius Thunderhead

Smash Apprentice
Obviously the casuals are important, I just said I dont care about them, also a copy and pasted lucario would be lzay and not implementing the form in some new way would be lazy too, I couldnt care less if he does it how I want it, he can do it however as long as its something I can play in a competitive match. As for him complaining, in his interviews he does act like he does all this stuff by himself when he actually has a team that helps out a ton, Im only saying they are complaining to much and If they have alot of shortcomings then they will probably just make excuses, I want them to get what they planned to put in their games in them or at least make dlc what they run out of time for. I expect alot from a blockbuster like smash.
You realize they heave to create every character (veteran and newcomer) from scratch right? Probably not. Lucario was great in brawl, keeping him how he was is not lazy. Is keeping Ryu the same in every addition of Street Fighter lazy? NO! He's a great character. Just because YOU didn't like Lucario doesn't mean he should change. Again you have no idea how hard they work, Sakurai especially. He's the lead dev, ALL of the pressure is on him. It doesn't help that this is one of if not the most stressful game to work on. What other game has more suggestions, criticism, complaints, and overall fan interaction than Smash Bros? It's a wonder he didn't quit years ago. You don't realize how stupid and selfish you're being do you? Of course not, there's no correcting it either. This is clearly a pointless argument so I'm done. I hope you know a great game like this is wasted on you though.

MagnesD3

Smash Master
You realize they heave to create every character (veteran and newcomer) from scratch right? Probably not. Lucario was great in brawl, keeping him how he was is not lazy. Is keeping Ryu the same in every addition of Street Fighter lazy? NO! He's a great character. Just because YOU didn't like Lucario doesn't mean he should change. Again you have no idea how hard they work, or how stupid and selfish you're being. There's no correcting it though. This is clearly a pointless argument so I'm done. I hope you know a great game like this is wasted on you though.
Ryu is never the same from sf2 to sf3 to sf4, they are very different due to system changes, move changes etc. I know sakurai recreates them from scratch you can tell but not implementing this new interesting thing to his character is an extremely wasted opportunity. Also insulting me over my opinions is childish, there is no reason to, just because you dont agree doesnt mean you have to be uncivil. I want this form to be implemented in some way bad, I dont want it wasted on an item, and I wont be happy with Lucario if he doesnt receive many changes, including this new form and certain specials.

Swift Fox

Smash Lord
Sakurai and his team are working hard on other things first, especially for the new-comers, stages, etc, and they will also have to re-balance veteran's moves to incorporate with new-comers, doesn't necessarily mean you'd going to call them "lazy" for not starting non-FS MegaLucario project, not even when MegaLucario was going to be Lucario's FS. And for the "waste" part, in our perspective, cutting or modifying a character are a waste of their previously hard of works than to make something new.

And how the hell can Lucario mega evolve without Lucarionite which is an item? XD

I don't know why I edited a lot I'm getting more stupid for some reason...

2 C H i L L E D

Eternal Hitstun
3DS FC
3956-0619-2163
The only way I see Lucario's Mega form making it in is by FS. I agree with one of the previous posters who commented about close combat. Possibly Lucario Mega transforms and would have a FS similar to Ike/Link?

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
The only way I see Lucario's Mega form making it in is by FS. I agree with one of the previous posters who commented about close combat. Possibly Lucario Mega transforms and would have a FS similar to Ike/Link?

Actually, Lucario's Mega form could be put in as an alternate costume. While Mewtwo's mega form has different body features/proportions, Mega Lucario is basically just Lucario with dread locks and decorative spikes. I'd be totally okay with him just being a sweet costume.

Gune

Smash Lord
Actually, Lucario's Mega form could be put in as an alternate costume. While Mewtwo's mega form has different body features/proportions, Mega Lucario is basically just Lucario with dread locks and decorative spikes. I'd be totally okay with him just being a sweet costume.
I approve of this.

Swift Fox

Smash Lord
Then what about his Adaptability (x0.25 STAB)? I'd say give him warioware-esque costume and then luigify some moves and that's about it. I'm sure that'd take only about x0.2 character development time.

And have Lucarionite as hidden item that will unlock Lucario's alt costume.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom