• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"The Aura is Mine!" Lucario Social Thread! (With More Moderators!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gune

Smash Lord
Give him metal claw and close combat so people can get off his back about how he doesent feel like a fighting type.

Gune

Smash Lord
I was thinking something like Bullet Punch as his recovery now or something. ExtremeSpeed not doing damage still feels off to me.
I'm kinda curious how he would use bullet punch as a recovery, I would prefer if he had a variation of sky upper cut at his disposal kind off like mario's coin upper cut except with a higher jump and maybe some blue flame effects and some killing potential. Or make extreme speed have some invincible and ghost properties So it could be more of a escape recovery move than offensive one.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
I stayed away from Sky Uppercut because of the generic Shoryuken/Dragon Punch recovery vibe it gives, plus it seems more suited for Blaziken. The way I pictured it, it'd be like Wolf's Up Special, but "aimable" like ExtremeSpeed, and obviously much faster. If not that, then like like the StarFox character's "Illusion" side special move, but with Lucario instantly teleporting to where he would land, followed by the "afterimage" which unleashes a flurry of punches. Latter is how I wish Extremespeed worked.

More on Fighting type moves, I'd like Cross Chop (replacing aerial Force Palm), Reversal (in place of Double Team), and maybe Hi Jump/Blaze Kick.

In terms of just unique moves, I'd like Bone Club, Dark/Dragon/Water Pulse or Flash Cannon, Ice Punch (you fought/found him in Brawl meditating on a snow peak, why not?), Iron Tail, Metal Sound (to stun people/break shields) or Vacuum Wave (like Bullet Punch, but special!)

Gune

Smash Lord
Hmm that is interesting way for BP to work I like it, I thought Sky upper cut would be okay for him since project m lucario has it and it works very well on him the BP idea is actually alot more creative then what I had in mind, I don't know about blazekick though or the other ranged attacks it would be kind of weird with him using more ranged attacks when he's supposed to be physical I think Aura sphere is enough for his ranged coverage and blaze kick is blazikens signature move so I am leaning more on high jump kick it could work like casherns knee kick in TvC, im kinda hopeing Lucario has a spike this time around so maybe he could use iron tail or bone rush or maybe even a two handed downwards smash with metal claw.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I actually think his recovery were one of the things that worked for him in Brawl. I'd like a better side-special though, something like Close Combat that was mentioned further up, and a few new normal moves too. I'm not expecting him to get a major overhaul honestly.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I was thinking something like Bullet Punch as his recovery now or something. ExtremeSpeed not doing damage still feels off to me.
What's even weirder is that Pikachu's Quick Attack was faster. At least now, ExtremeSpeed has higher priority than most other first strike attacks, only losing to Fake Out.

Gune

Smash Lord
Two mega Mewtwos.
Hoping this doesn't hurt Lucario a lot!
I wouldn't worry about it I don't think this hurt's Luc' chances at all this may hurt PT's chances a bit because now mew two might switch between all 3 of his forms though it is still very likely that his first mega evolution will be the only one applied as a FS or transformation gimmick.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Give him metal claw and close combat so people can get off his back about how he doesent feel like a fighting type.
Good idea! ,I prefer Lucario over Mewtwo,but I don't like his attacks,they are like ghost or psychic type.
And his aura mechanic...,I don't like it.
Project M 's Lucario is way better than brawl's Lucario.

Phan7om

ドリームランドの悪夢
Here are some things they could do with Lucario to make him more accepted.
  • Faster Jabs
  • Extremespeed now has like a teleport effect (similar to when attacked when using Double Team)
  • More of a Balanced Aura Mechanic (Stronger at 0% but weaker at 167%, make it more like 75% - 130%)
  • Double Team creates a fake (cant attack) clone of yourself (which plays as a level 4-5 cpu) for 3-5 seconds that can confuse your opponent of which ones really you (Like how double team is supposed to do)
  • Aura Sphere's slightly curve into your opponent. (Not homing, just slightly up or down by a couple of pixels)

Gune

Smash Lord

Looks like (Mega)Lucario is going to be a recurring character in the anime this generation (again) along with mega blaziken too.:bee:

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Mega Garchomp is apparently going to be an antagonist. Also appears like Ash is going with Froakie (bleh).

Continuing on from my last post, I do hope Lucario gets some better alts this time. Aside from the obvious Shiny colors, I'd love for there to be a Mienfoo/Mienshao alt. They get pretty much the same moveset (even Aura Sphere) in game, and are roughly the same size/proportions.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
What's wrong with Froakie? :(

Anyway, if MegaLucario doesn't get implemented into Lucario's moveset/FS, I could see him being an alternate costume. Other colors outside of the basic red/blue/green and shiny could be Brown/Red to represent Zoroark.

D

Deleted member

Am I the only one here who's hoping that Lucario's Final Smash doesn't change to Mega Lucario? Kinda redundant, especially since Mewtwo is almost certainly going to have his Mega forms in Smash as well.

Gune

Smash Lord
Am I the only one here who's hoping that Lucario's Final Smash doesn't change to Mega Lucario? Kinda redundant, especially since Mewtwo is almost certainly going to have his Mega forms in Smash as well.
Nope, your not I just want it as a alt costume Lucario's aurastorm is already a good FS for him they just need to buff it.

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
I wouldn't mind it if it were just a cosmetic change like changing Lucario to Mega and using Aura Blast like he did in Brawl, but as a full out thing, I wouldn't like to see it.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I'm currently hoping for Lucario to change into Mega Lucario and THEN perform his Kamehameha Final Smash.

Jedisupersonic

Eight Leaves One Kame Style
NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
I'm currently hoping for Lucario to change into Mega Lucario and THEN perform his Kamehameha Final Smash.
That would be amazing, also I kinda hope Sean Schemmel voices him this time like he did in the Lucario Movie just so we can have even more of a connection to DBZ xD.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Extremespeed that deals damage and is cancelable would be wicked, IMO. I also feel that a Melee Koopa Klaw variant would be a great replacement for Force palm.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
http://www.idigitaltimes.com/articles/19816/20130909/pokemon-x-y-news-mega-mewtwo-pokedex.htm

If this is a real list witch was posted 2 days ago also rumored a mega gengar earlier lucario is toast because look at the very bottom right pokemon

Correct me if im wrong but is that genesect and to predict its mega form that ufo form that genesect is in the movie that had mewtwo could have ben secretly its mega form

And for those playing at home of why this puts genesect back on top it hes he can present for mega evolutions and hes a 6th gen presenter and more relevant than lucario since he was in The 3rd movie with mewtwo

If the this is really the final list of pokemon with mega evolutions ofcoarse (aka if a real list)

(Oops my bad diden't look at the last part)

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Old and fake.
Oop your right diden't look carefully on the bottom thank god that final list is fake because i want too see mega pinsir

But for real pokemon x and y news the 2nd forms of fossil pokemon have ben revealed and the 3rd form of the water and fire starters of 6th gen and that lion pokemon it has a pre evolution form

Gune

Smash Lord
http://www.idigitaltimes.com/articles/19816/20130909/pokemon-x-y-news-mega-mewtwo-pokedex.htm

If this is a real list witch was posted 2 days ago also rumored a mega gengar earlier lucario is toast because look at the very bottom right pokemon

Correct me if im wrong but is that genesect and to predict its mega form that ufo form that genesect is in the movie that had mewtwo could have ben secretly its mega form

And for those playing at home of why this puts genesect back on top it hes he can present for mega evolutions and hes a 6th gen presenter and more relevant than lucario since he was in The 3rd movie with mewtwo

If the this is really the final list of pokemon with mega evolutions ofcoarse (aka if a real list)
Still doesent put him above Lucario in terms of importance or relevance so him getting mega evolution won't really change his chances since lucario had his and is still advertising x and y.

Edit: never mind Golden already got to it before I did.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Still doesent put him above Lucario in terms of importance or relevance so him getting mega evolution won't really change his chances since lucario had his and is still advertising x and y.

Edit: never mind Golden already got to it before I did.
Yea i just relized that i diden't think of that lucario still is an advertiser for x and y and mewtwo is the true advertiser of coarse

Even if that was a real final mega evolution list

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Even if they were true, I don't think any of them would stand a chance to take the spot from Lucario as he's still one of the big three pushing the new mechanic while the others aren't as prominent advertising-wise. The only character that stands to dethrone him (outside of Mewtwo, who may be planned alongside him) is Blaziken and he doesn't have that much a reason to unseat Lucario by comparison.

Edit: Beaten by Gune.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I thought of a few ways for how Lucario could Mega Evolves. I may not be the first to think of them, but here's what I got.

1) Alt Costume: Switch what form Lucario is in through the character screen, like Wario in brawl.

2) Form Change: Mega evolve in battle by button press. Not my favorite idea, but still considerable.

3) Final Smash: With the Smash Ball, Lucario Mega evolves, becoming stronger than before.

4) Mega Stone Item: Togglable through the item menu, this stone pops out rarely. When picked up, it powers up the user. It also Mega evolves Lucario and Mewtwo when they pick it up. The music changes, playing the mega evolution theme in the background. (I'd rather play directly as him, though)

5) New Character: Replacing Normal Lucario with Mega Lucario.

Thoughts?

Gune

Smash Lord
I thought of a few ways for how Lucario could Mega Evolves. I may not be the first to think of them, but here's what I got.

1) Alt Costume: Switch what form Lucario is in through the character screen, like Wario in brawl.

2) Form Change: Mega evolve in battle by button press. Not my favorite idea, but still considerable.

3) Final Smash: With the Smash Ball, Lucario Mega evolves, becoming stronger than before.

4) Mega Stone Item: Togglable through the item menu, this stone pops out rarely. When picked up, it powers up the user. It also Mega evolves Lucario and Mewtwo when they pick it up. The music changes, playing the mega evolution theme in the background. (I'd rather play directly as him, though)

5) New Character: Replacing Normal Lucario with Mega Lucario.

Thoughts?
The top 3 I like is 1,3, and 5.

Swift Fox

Smash Lord
Order from best to worst: 2, 3, 1, 4, 5

2. It'd be nice to have Lucario transformable in game like Zelda/Sheik but it will probably replace existing combination like Down+B move which isn't what I've wanted to see, so it should go Samus/ZSS's routine (Hold Z during stage selection screen).

3. If making up movesets is too much of works for Lucario's 2nd form then they can leave the rest up to his Final Smash. This is ahead of 1 because I think it's stupid to see Lucario's different forms and their exact same movesets, hitboxes, etc.

1. See 3

4. It'd be really stupid to see mega stone as an "item" that randomly drop during in game. If someone else who isn't Lucario picked it up it'll have no use for them. **** it! It'd be the least item I want to see in the game. I'd much rather to make it a special item used to unlock Mega Lucario and does not have any uses during in battle, only in character selection screen.

5. Replace normal Lucario? I like normal Lucario the way he is.

•Col•

Smash Champion
Eh.

I'm hoping for both Mewtwo and Lucario to get into the game with their mega evolved forms as well. Honestly they could just make it a cosmetic thing though. Rather than having them be alt costumes though, have a taunt that transforms them into their mega evolutions that you use mid-battle.

ShichibukaiJimbe

Smash Apprentice
I wouldn't be surprised if Lucario is the character revealed during x/y launch, maybe he becomes a starter character instead of unlockable

Gune

Smash Lord
I wouldn't be surprised if Lucario is the character revealed during x/y launch, maybe he becomes a starter character instead of unlockable
Personally I kinda expect him to be revealed they have been revealing veterans this whole time and it seems like newcomers are gonna be saved for e3.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Anyone wanna bet Lucario might be the next character to get revealed? I can't wait to see how many people think Lucario isn't gonna make it get owned

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom