• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"The Aura is Mine!" Lucario Social Thread! (With More Moderators!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gilius Thunderhead

Smash Apprentice
I want the forms to be a gameplay strategy, you won't convince me of anything else it's way too cool of a game mechanic. Earning these super powered forms mid match would be sweet.
Sure, but it would also be horrible for balancing, and that's not even how the Mega evolving works. It would make more sense if he appeared on the stage as Lucario then transformed into his Mega form as his entrance.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
oh, wait a sec.

aren't there supposed to be character-specific win themes? what would lucario's be? I have no idea.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Just incorporate his Mega transformation into his Final Smash. If he returns that is...

LKnight

Smash Cadet
Just wanted to throw my two cents in on different ways the 'Mega Form' could be incorporated!

1. - Probably the most likely of all the options, Lucario goes Mega for the duration of his final smash (which should be changed or buffed imo) and returns to his normal form once finished.

2. - An Alt costume, something I consider highly unlikely giving Sakurai's reluctance to add any aesthetic changes to characters alt costumes but considering we still don't know exactly what the new customizable features will be I figured I'd throw it in here.

3. - Playing off Lucario's aura mechanic, when he reaches his aura limit (can't recall the exact damage figure) he turns into his mega form, either just for appearance or if Sakurai would want to follow the games all of Lucario's physical attacks would do more damage. The problem here is if this were the method for Lucario to go 'Mega' it would require Mewtwo (hopefully both make the cut) to have a similar 'aura' feature, which is something I think both Sakurai and fans would feel a bit cheated by and would ruin a unique feature.

4. - If Sakurai were to follow the games, both Lucario and Mewtwo would have to just be known as Mega Lucario and Mega Mewtwo, only acting as there normal forms when they enter the stage, something I think would go a number of ways, fans would either be happy to just as the mega forms, fans would prefer playing the normal forms and some fans would prefer it if it was a genuine gameplay feature, again I don't see this being a likely option.

5. - If you look at the recent Pokemon movie, Mewtwo has the ability to transfer in and out of his Mega form at will, if this were to be incorporated both Lucario and Mewtwo would sacrifice a special move in order to transform just in a similar way to Zelda/Sheik. Again, for balance issues, they would have to be thought of us two separate characters (for example, Lucarios physical attacks get stronger but due to increased weight he's slower and has a lower jump?). Again, I think it takes away from Zelda/Sheiks unique function and the fact they can be thought of as two separate characters makes it far more compelling than just going between 'Mega' and 'Normal' forms.

6. Sakurai decided that just because both have Mega forms doesn't mean they both have to enter them in similar fashions, so Mewtwo could go in and out of his form with a special move and Lucario would only transform when he hits his 'aura limit', this would probably be my preferred option as it gives both characters an element of originality while essentially being the same thing, however since it goes against how the actual forms work in Pokemon I dont know if Sakurai would consider this.

Sorry for the long post, just had these thoughts and had to put them down somewhere! This is all assumed both Mewtwo and Lucario make the roster cut, which I believe both should. In all honesty, I doubt the forms will be used at all and even if they are it will simply be when both characters use their final smash and both returning to normal form, while I would much prefer it to be a gameplay mechanic, I think that's the only option we'll probably get!

RomanceDawn

Smash Lord
NNID
Romancedawn
3DS FC
0044-2811-9045
After seeing Lucario promoted so much I'm convinced he's back in. Same goes for Mewtwo as well.

I would hope the Mega forms would be costumes, I'd certainly appreciate playing with that form at any time.

Sakurai mentioned he doesn't want to give characters random clothing, we still don't know if Wario style costume changes have a chance at making it in.

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
Apparently hes taller now and weighs more, though they did say stats would be boosted but which stats will be they, have have not said yet....Im gonna be pissed if this is just a defense form for him....
It's Attack, his Attack will go up the roof....with all that I don't see Sword Dance important which means you can change Sword Dance with Bullet Punch....BUT DAT CLOSE COMBAT.

MagnesD3

Smash Master
Just wanted to throw my two cents in on different ways the 'Mega Form' could be incorporated!

1. - Probably the most likely of all the options, Lucario goes Mega for the duration of his final smash (which should be changed or buffed imo) and returns to his normal form once finished.

2. - An Alt costume, something I consider highly unlikely giving Sakurai's reluctance to add any aesthetic changes to characters alt costumes but considering we still don't know exactly what the new customizable features will be I figured I'd throw it in here.

3. - Playing off Lucario's aura mechanic, when he reaches his aura limit (can't recall the exact damage figure) he turns into his mega form, either just for appearance or if Sakurai would want to follow the games all of Lucario's physical attacks would do more damage. The problem here is if this were the method for Lucario to go 'Mega' it would require Mewtwo (hopefully both make the cut) to have a similar 'aura' feature, which is something I think both Sakurai and fans would feel a bit cheated by and would ruin a unique feature.

4. - If Sakurai were to follow the games, both Lucario and Mewtwo would have to just be known as Mega Lucario and Mega Mewtwo, only acting as there normal forms when they enter the stage, something I think would go a number of ways, fans would either be happy to just as the mega forms, fans would prefer playing the normal forms and some fans would prefer it if it was a genuine gameplay feature, again I don't see this being a likely option.

5. - If you look at the recent Pokemon movie, Mewtwo has the ability to transfer in and out of his Mega form at will, if this were to be incorporated both Lucario and Mewtwo would sacrifice a special move in order to transform just in a similar way to Zelda/Sheik. Again, for balance issues, they would have to be thought of us two separate characters (for example, Lucarios physical attacks get stronger but due to increased weight he's slower and has a lower jump?). Again, I think it takes away from Zelda/Sheiks unique function and the fact they can be thought of as two separate characters makes it far more compelling than just going between 'Mega' and 'Normal' forms.

6. Sakurai decided that just because both have Mega forms doesn't mean they both have to enter them in similar fashions, so Mewtwo could go in and out of his form with a special move and Lucario would only transform when he hits his 'aura limit', this would probably be my preferred option as it gives both characters an element of originality while essentially being the same thing, however since it goes against how the actual forms work in Pokemon I dont know if Sakurai would consider this.

Sorry for the long post, just had these thoughts and had to put them down somewhere! This is all assumed both Mewtwo and Lucario make the roster cut, which I believe both should. In all honesty, I doubt the forms will be used at all and even if they are it will simply be when both characters use their final smash and both returning to normal form, while I would much prefer it to be a gameplay mechanic, I think that's the only option we'll probably get!
Lucarios mega form happens when he reaches max aura by taking damage, mewtwos mega for would happen by inflicting so much damage.

Sure, but it would also be horrible for balancing, and that's not even how the Mega evolving works. It would make more sense if he appeared on the stage as Lucario then transformed into his Mega form as his entrance.
It wouldn't be too hard to balance and it would be a very interesting dynamic, final smashes feel super dumb I want these transformations to feel earned and give the characters changes in stats, and various changes to move properties over all. It's definitely doable and would be quite awesome.

Swift Fox

Smash Lord
Wariofan1, I definitely agree with you. I don't plan on seeing too many changes to Lucario, and I expect that Mewtwo would be coming back. With all of Sakurai's effort invested into Lucario, I believe that the development team wouldn't want to let that effort go to waste; Right now, with such a large fanbase for Pokemon, I would consider cutting a loved veteran to be PR-wise and economically detrimental to the franchise, especially with no 6th gen mascot, as others have already pointed out.

My only concern would be that if there were time constraints, Mewtwo could still be left back, since there would be more work adding mechanics and remodeling for Mewtwo compared to Lucario.
EXACTLY what I was trying to say in several pages ago. I'm glad we have similar thoughts in different writing. You can write way better than me. :p

You would start as the normal forms then earn the mega forms in the middle of battle.
Meh.

still really don't like the idea...

the new design's really cool, but I like the old one a lot better. and I like lucario's mechanic in brawl, so I don't want to change that either.
May I add: Lucario can't mega-evolve up until when his aura sphere is fully charged and he's on 90%. The mega-evolve thing should be done through an activation button similar to Zelda/Shiek (of course, the activation button shouldn't be Down+B or his DoubleTeam will become unusable >_> Maybe (-) button on wiimote?), the pros and cons will be exchanged between normal Lucario and MegaLucario.

Player can prevent Lucario from mega-evolving by not triggering an activation button, or can revert any time for the other pros that is only available for normal Lucario. (such as smaller, better dodging, floatier, whatever NINJA MODE?! :troll: )

Hence why I think FS should be available for both Mega-Lucario and normal Lucario, just like Zelda/Sheik.

MagnesD3

Smash Master
EXACTLY what I was trying to say in several pages ago. I'm glad we have similar thoughts in different writing. You can write way better than me. :p

May I add: Lucario can't mega-evolve up until when his aura sphere is fully charged and he's on 90%. The mega-evolve thing should be done through an activation button similar to Zelda/Shiek (of course, the activation button shouldn't be Down+B or his DoubleTeam will become unusable >_> Maybe (-) button on wiimote?), the pros and cons will be exchanged between normal Lucario and MegaLucario.

Player can prevent Lucario from mega-evolving by not triggering an activation button, or can revert any time for the other pros that is only available for normal Lucario. (such as smaller, better dodging, floatier, whatever NINJA MODE?! :troll: )

Hence why I think FS should be available for both Mega-Lucario and normal Lucario, just like Zelda/Sheik.
Lucario would have the option to transform once his damage hits 90 by holding the down taunt or something and when mewtwo inflicts 90 damage he can transform the same way. Dying reverts you. Transform is punishable if timed poorly.

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
Mega Lucario looks so awesome, I am totally using one in 6th gen.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Mega Lucario looks so awesome, I am totally using one in 6th gen.
if you can get your hands on one of those stones required.

seems like they won't be "obtainable through normal gameplay" or something like that. which is stupid.

Swift Fox

Smash Lord
Then I guess the Smash Ball as the Mega Stone is the only way.

Unless

Lucario has had the Mega Stone in his "pocket" the whole time XD

Or Lucario won't be able to mega-evolved in SSB4... dang

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Im gonna be pissed if they are not in game, why hype the **** if I cant get them in game...
ummmm

pre planned DLC?

well, you can get it if you get the stone exclusive during the first month of the game's release, if that's something you are getting anyways.

Gune

Smash Lord
The only stone confirmed not to be ingame is blaziken so who knows the smashball could be the equivalent to a Mewtwonite or Lucarionite megastone.

Swift Fox

Smash Lord
The only so far the only stone confirmed not to be ingame is blaziken so who knows the smashball could be the equivalent to a Mewtwonite or Lucarionite megastone.
Yes that's what I meant for Smash Ball XD

And for the hidden megastones in Pokemon game I think SSB4 could do similar routine for "transformation unlockable" some sort of for Mewtwo and Lucario.

I may have figured out what Sakurai was talking about for "customization" during in one of his interviews.

Rukario448

Smash Rookie
Also, I think that even if Mega Blaziken and Mega Absol don't make it into the game as characters (whose chances are, in my opinion, improbable), they could still make interesting assist trophies. I'm still looking forward to the Final Smash as the tie-in; it makes the most sense for me.

Thanks, by the way; I appreciate your appreciation :).

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
I may have figured out what Sakurai was talking about for "customization" during in one of his interviews.
There are so many things he could have meant; and no one will probably even guess it right. Typical Sakurai - dropping huge news without actually saying anything.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Im loving all these Mega Lucario Profile pics btw.
It's making me confused on who is posting what.

Also, I think that even if Mega Blaziken and Mega Absol don't make it into the game as characters (whose chances are, in my opinion, improbable), they could still make interesting assist trophies.
Pokemon as Assist Trophies, wut?

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Final Smashes would waste these great forms, they should just be earned transformations.
They're kind of gonna work like Final Smash tranformations in X & Y though. They're limited power-ups, they're better than their original counterpart in every way, and would work like that in Smash Bros too, making them Final Smashes is a great way to transfer the function from one game to another. If they were mere Down-B transformations you would never need to turn back, because they're better than their original counterparts in every possible way, thus it's much more logical to make them Final Smashes.

And I'm glad, because I like the original versions of both Mewtwo and Lucario more, heck, Newtwo still looks terrible while the Lucario one looks decent. But that's just subjective.

MagnesD3

Smash Master
They're kind of gonna work like Final Smash tranformations in X & Y though. They're limited power-ups, they're better than their original counterpart in every way, and would work like that in Smash Bros too, making them Final Smashes is a great way to transfer the function from one game to another. If they were mere Down-B transformations you would never need to turn back, because they're better than their original counterparts in every possible way, thus it's much more logical to make them Final Smashes.

And I'm glad, because I like the original versions of both Mewtwo and Lucario more, heck, Newtwo still looks terrible while the Lucario one looks decent. But that's just subjective.
Look to my earlier posts to see how I make the transformation be earned in the middle of battle by maxing out your aura.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend

It would appear even Gamefreak/Nintendo are acknowledging the Mewtwo vs Lucario schism.
Then that's it were wrong about lucario now lucario can also present gen 6 and mewtwo and lucario are fighting each other so they are rivals and say goodnight genesect

Gilius Thunderhead

Smash Apprentice
But the final smash bit is boring and would never get to see the light of day competitively.
It might not be what you have in mind, but it wouldn't be boring, also it's by far the most likely way it'll get in(if at all).

I know you want it to be used competitively, but I don't see it working the way you said. So he'd still have his Aura mechanic from brawl, but now when his aura reaches it's peak he mega evolves and gets buffed up? Sounds a lot more like a handicap than an earned transformation. Final smash is the best way to go for many reasons. Why make such a drastic change to an already great character anyways? If the Lucario we got in brawl wasn't enough for you play as someone else, because he doesn't need any tacky mid-fight transformation.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
I agree with Wariofan, Mega Evolutions are essentially GameFreak's version of a Final Smash. While I'd like something more unique than transformation final Smashes (at least different from generic Wario Man/Dragon Yoshi/Giga Bowser/Super Sonic, or forced character transformation like Zero Laser) I see it being the most likely way to incorporate these new formes without making entirely separate characters (as lovely as 2 versions of Lucario and Mewtwo sound, I'd rather something else).

Then that's it were wrong about lucario now lucario can also present gen 6 and mewtwo and lucario are fighting each other so they are rivals and say goodnight genesect

I'm going to laugh if they go and reveal Mega Genesect now.

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
Lucario might have a new signature move.
0:19 seconds in
Strangely kind looks like Aura Storm. Could be any generic beam though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom