• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Arizona Brawl Scene - TOURNEY on Jan 2nd!

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
noone in Tempe wants to come to our SV tournament.. =/?

*sigh* fine what If I............*struggles to get the words out* Have Brawl friendlies *Nearly dies*........then would you come? or you guys can't? ; ;

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
noone in Tempe wants to come to our SV tournament.. =/?

*sigh* fine what If I............*struggles to get the words out* Have Brawl friendlies *Nearly dies*........then would you come? or you guys can't? ; ;
seems like most of the tempe crowd is just playing brawl right now.

we had a tempe smashfest this week and we busted out melee for the last 20 minutes. it was hilarious how bad we all were at it. i kept trying to wave dash but inputting the snake-dash control instead. I couldn't remember any of the nuances of control of my player. i would up B facing the wrong direction on the ledge cause i'd forget you can't grab facing the other way in melee. I'd FF a dair with Falco off the ledge and die in like 0.2 seconds, instead of having like an hour and a half to jump and up B.

i couldn't even remember to L cancel at all. I was like "why can't i do ANYTHING like i used to...." and then i remembered that my aerials don't auto cancel if i time them right...

bottom line: tempe sucks at melee at this point and it would be humiliating for us to try to keep with ANYONE who still plays.

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
seems like most of the tempe crowd is just playing brawl right now.

we had a tempe smashfest this week and we busted out melee for the last 20 minutes. it was hilarious how bad we all were at it. i kept trying to wave dash but inputting the snake-dash control instead. I couldn't remember any of the nuances of control of my player. i would up B facing the wrong direction on the ledge cause i'd forget you can't grab facing the other way in melee. I'd FF a dair with Falco off the ledge and die in like 0.2 seconds, instead of having like an hour and a half to jump and up B.

i couldn't even remember to L cancel at all. I was like "why can't i do ANYTHING like i used to...." and then i remembered that my aerials don't auto cancel if i time them right...

bottom line: tempe sucks at melee at this point and it would be humiliating for us to try to keep with ANYONE who still plays.

Awww..............I understand...!..well for real.. for real... if it might want to make you come... We can run some Brawl friendlies!.. *Don't let SV read this if they were to see this they'd kill me since Im supposed to hate Brawl the most out of all of us* xD but we could maybe run some friendlies......

If not then I understand..... I think SV needs to come up there corrupt you guys into melee like we nearly have everywhere else in AZ......when Brawl came out SV was the only melee > Brawl city......we corrupted everyone else.... we can at least "try" =D play some melee you guys......

If not...then good luck with you're guys Brawl tournament and I hope it's all fun and stuff!

Zardus

Smash Apprentice
V3ctorMan, SV is a heck of a drive from here. There's a slim chance I'll be in Tucson that weekend, and if so, I will try to come, but no promises and no certainty 'til much closer to the date :-)

What a bummer about tonight's smashfest :-(. I'd take over hosting duties, but I was only able to come for about 1.5 hours anyways and hosting a 1.5 hour smashfest is probably more trouble than it's worth for everyone involved. Dunno if anyone else wants to host...

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
V3ctorMan, SV is a heck of a drive from here. There's a slim chance I'll be in Tucson that weekend, and if so, I will try to come, but no promises and no certainty 'til much closer to the date :-)

What a bummer about tonight's smashfest :-(. I'd take over hosting duties, but I was only able to come for about 1.5 hours anyways and hosting a 1.5 hour smashfest is probably more trouble than it's worth for everyone involved. Dunno if anyone else wants to host...
lol yeah.. it is.. tempe is far... we've went up there to go to AZonetwostep....wow what a drive.. so yeah. it is far.......

Well if you make it man.. cool.. and i appreiciate the attempt and such.. in return.. i'll try and get to attend to some of your tourney's as well!

Zardus

Smash Apprentice
I'm willing to host. If anyone else wants to host, I'm fine with that as well.

For now, let's say 6:30 my place?

Anyone need a ride?

CHUK

Smash Ace
is there a meet tomorrow? what time? will people be down to play melee? tempe is sooo close :)

Dark Shifter

Smash Ace
hey yan, think i can hitch a ride again?

@chuk, ya most likely. its about 2 miles from asu. zardus(aka yan) will most likely host this one again.

Zardus

Smash Apprentice
DS, rides aren't a problem. Is it ok if I pick you up around 5:45?

Chuk, we played Melee for the last 20 mins last time. All of us sucked at it then cause of no practice for almost a year, so if you want to play tomorrow, no guarantees on performance :-)

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
I might make it tomorrow with pokey. We'll try to work it out and let you know.

Zardus

Smash Apprentice
Just checking if anyone else needs a ride or anything. Justin, are you coming to this one?

Zardus

Smash Apprentice
I can take them. I'm not sure if Justin is going, but if not, then I'll be there around 6:10 or so. Otherwise, 5:45 or so. Give me a call if that's a bad time or anything.

Edit: Justin's taking a break, so I'll pick you up around 6:10?

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
You going to have 2 TVs/Wiis set up already? I don't really feel like lugging mine over.

Zardus

Smash Apprentice
Holy cow, that was insanely awesome. Going all out in Smash is up there as one of the funnest things in life, IMO. I can't believe we played for 4 hours.

I'm off to CA. Nothing better to prepare you for a 7-hour drive than a 4-hour smashfest. See you all next week!

KosukeKGA

Smash Champion
Who does everyone play, Shifty?
---
By the way, congratulations.
I've only won 50 cents from tourneys so we're almost even. We should be buddies!
AND PLAY MELEE! Hahahaha!

Dark Shifter

Smash Ace
lets see... zardus mains fox. pokey(****) mains falco. his friend mains snake. dastrn mains pikachu(but plays mk that i have a tough time against), jill, zardus's wife, mains pikachu. my buddy from my cis class mains lucas. dook mains snake/lucario with bowser/gandorf/samus for fun. and i main marf.

and thank you :) we should most def be buds. there most likely be another smashfest get together thing at dastrns house next week. you should come :)

Dark Shifter

Smash Ace
he really only wins if he's using mk against my marth but other than that i won most of the matches. he said that i have greatly improved my marth gameplay :)

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
Who does everyone play, Shifty?
---
By the way, congratulations.
I've only won 50 cents from tourneys so we're almost even. We should be buddies!
AND PLAY MELEE! Hahahaha!
I've gotten a net 16 dollars from MMs ;)

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
I hate how Kosuke has a Smash Director title.

Even though he doesn't deserve it at all.

Zardus

Smash Apprentice
What's the Smash Director title all about? I thought it was post count, but rugoodat has it with a 112 count...

Top Bottom