• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Arizona Brawl Scene - TOURNEY on Jan 2nd!

RenegadeRaven

Smash Ace
I'm over here near Mill at Baseline, Wilshire Pines apartments.

I spend most of my time over at ASU anyway. Towers doesn't seem too far. I'm a CSE major so I'm over at the Brickyard a lot and that's not too far a walk.

I can Brawl on Friday. My last Final ends at around 11am and it's over at the Brickyard. If Friday's good, I can just hang around over at the computer lab there until you're ready.

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
he really only wins if he's using mk against my marth but other than that i won most of the matches. he said that i have greatly improved my marth gameplay :)
Yeah he beat my pikachu like 5 out of 7 with marth.

I won with G&W 3 out of 5.
I think DK vs his marth was 2-2.
My metaknight won like 6 out of 7.

Apparently dark shifter has gotten particularly good at DI, because his marth was living for freaking ever against my pikachu. That matchup is just bad bad bad for pikachu. i think it's 6:4 or even worse.

but yeah, I lost the MM fair and square. dark shifter is improving REALLY fast.

That was the best practice I've had in a LONG time. I got to learn my matchups against a good marth. I feel like just that smashfest is going to make me a much better tournament player. We need more of those!

I'm not sure I can host next week. I got mad busy this week and it's going to keep rolling for a few weeks I think. I might not be able to play again before new years. I'll keep ya'll posted, but for now, someone else should probly host.

RenegadeRaven

Smash Ace
=D
I'mma Freshman!
Do you live on campus at all?

Well, I don't know if you ever see me in the computer lab, but I'm the short black kid that always goes ALL the way to the back(closer to where the printer and the tables are). I watch a lot of Smash vids on youtube lol.

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
No, I don't live on campus, I'm afraid.

I have spikey hair and rollerblades, so maybe we'll see each other around some time!

...you know, there's a way to get free printing on that printer... ;)

Zardus

Smash Apprentice
Renegade, last Tuesday I think we had 8 unique individuals throughout the night. The Tuesday before that it was like 6 or 7, and the Tuesday before that (at Bryce's place), it was some insane-load of people (like over 10).

Dark Shifter

Smash Ace
I'm over here near Mill at Baseline, Wilshire Pines apartments.

I spend most of my time over at ASU anyway. Towers doesn't seem too far. I'm a CSE major so I'm over at the Brickyard a lot and that's not too far a walk.

I can Brawl on Friday. My last Final ends at around 11am and it's over at the Brickyard. If Friday's good, I can just hang around over at the computer lab there until you're ready.
my final on friday doesn't start till 4:50 so im free till then. you can come over, ill shoot you a pm with my number and ill give you more info then.

Yeah he beat my pikachu like 5 out of 7 with marth.

I won with G&W 3 out of 5.
I think DK vs his marth was 2-2.
My metaknight won like 6 out of 7.

Apparently dark shifter has gotten particularly good at DI, because his marth was living for freaking ever against my pikachu. That matchup is just bad bad bad for pikachu. i think it's 6:4 or even worse.

but yeah, I lost the MM fair and square. dark shifter is improving REALLY fast.

That was the best practice I've had in a LONG time. I got to learn my matchups against a good marth. I feel like just that smashfest is going to make me a much better tournament player. We need more of those!

I'm not sure I can host next week. I got mad busy this week and it's going to keep rolling for a few weeks I think. I might not be able to play again before new years. I'll keep ya'll posted, but for now, someone else should probly host.
oh wow, im surprised that you remembered our match ups. it was really fun. i was playing melee right before i went over to the smashfest so im pretty sure my good DI had something to do with that but im always trying to improve on it. i've never had any practice against a mk before so it was great getting some in. thanks for my first mm and actually winning. that just made my day :) im pretty sure i would be able to host this next one if you can't or if zardus wants to again. ;) haha this sat or monday would be best for me cause i don't got any finals on those days and sunday im seeing my friend get baptized.

Renegade, last Tuesday I think we had 8 unique individuals throughout the night. The Tuesday before that it was like 6 or 7, and the Tuesday before that (at Bryce's place), it was some insane-load of people (like over 10).
i believe my final count was 12 or 13.

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
Yeah I really enjoyed our matches man. It's always sad to lose a MM, especially since I suicided at 0% on norfair and was planning to switch to metaknight on your CP after that game...I should have just gone metaknight on norfair, but I've been drilling that stage with pikachu for a month or so, and I wanted to see if I could win a tough matchup there without having to go metaknight. I'd rather only use metaknight in game 3 of my sets, and play pikachu the first 2.

Dark Shifter

Smash Ace
ya it did kinda suck for the 0% sd. maybe when i get some more mk practice we can mm again or something. or if your feeling confident, you can go pikachu :)

RenegadeRaven

Smash Ace
Alright Dark, I got your PM. Thanks

Nice, that's a cool number. I'll probably see If I can make it to one after winter break. I'll probably not be in Tempe at all.

Zardus

Smash Apprentice
I'm down. Monday would probably be easier for me, but Saturday is ok too. Someone should PM the guys that always want weekend smashfests (Jar'd and Puke) when we get everything sorted out just in case they've given up and stopped following the thread.

DS, want me to bring my soda?

Jar'd

Smash Ace
Yes, do it on Saturday, please. I need to practice my manly Falcon skills.

And maybe my Snake+MK

Dark Shifter

Smash Ace
so looks like we are gonna try for sat then. if you can bring the sodas that would be great :) update op to include this smashfest. im thinking starting round noon or 1? that sound good?

Zardus

Smash Apprentice
Both noon and 1 sound great. I put 1 in the OP for now just to get the word out there as early as possible. I'll edit in 12 instead if you want :-)

I'll be there with my soda cooler!

PukeTShirt

Smash Journeyman
can we start it around 12 on saturday? ill be free for 2 hours on sat if we start at noon. plz guyz i REALLY wanna get some practice in with some new people. playing the same friends over and over makes ur style stale

Dark Shifter

Smash Ace
you can come over at 12 if you want. i just put between 12 to noon to give a general idea of when people should come. you know where i live?

PukeTShirt

Smash Journeyman
alright cool. ill try to be back here early on saturday to make it to this. Im gonna be in tucson tomorrow so ill leave early in the morning sat to make the drive in time. Im pleased to see that no one mains rob in these get togethers. Really looking forward to playing some new competition

Jar'd

Smash Ace
Rob is probably one of my top 3 characters, and MaXXXpower mains Rob (even though he never comes). I'll pretend I don't use Rob though just for you. :p

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
Anyone in the Tempe/Chandler/Mesa/etc area wanna Melee on Sunday? Preferrably Tempe.

Jar'd

Smash Ace
I love rob dittos, I'll play. I originally had put in "Rob ditto MM?" but I ended up editing it out for whatever reason. Only condition is I get bumblebee rob.

Zardus

Smash Apprentice
Tee ay eye, I might be able to (though no promises yet). You got a place in mind?

Jar'd

Smash Ace
thats cool, i like bloody arms or jungle assault ROB so ill play that
Jungle Assault? That's a first, I always hear General Rob. I kind of like jungle assault more though.
On the topic of rob names, I know the pink one is Robina/Robella, but what about Blue and Grey? I guess you could call grey American Rob, but there has to be a cooler one.

Top Bottom