• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Apexchu Thread, 2012 Edition - Less than 2 weeks, get hype!!!

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
I didn't know, Biggy! I thought you were still in no-tourney mode.

& I'm down for any restaurant. Except Chinese. Not a fan of Chinese food. :urg:

Scatz

Smash Champion
I sorta am still in no tourney mode. It just went to europe status (play once every two months or something due to traveling). I'm planning on practicing so I can do good at apex though. Maybe my last brawl tourney if MK is not banned.

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
um i ****ing love burgers o.o in fact that is what i got. at the time my taste and hunger were being ****ed with by the pneumonia, perhaps i made a comment like that? iunno

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
In N Out sucks. The taste is SO mediocre. The quality IS amazing though. I was so underwhelmed by In N Out. I think Wendys is better.

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
hate for In-N-Out because EC/midwest people don't know good food.
I should have taken Tag's keys and driven everypika to a NorCal only regional burger chain like Nation's Burger or Taylor's Refresher while we were at Genesis. I should have also thrown money at ESAM via MM so we could play some dittos.

Are there any legit NJ only regional fast food places in the APEX vicinity?

Cassio

Smash Master
What-a-burger? serioussssly? The only thing good about what-a-burger is the size.

In-n-out is still the best burger place with a drive through.

Phoenix Lord'

Lord' of the Night
Premium
NNID
HououDaimyo1010
3DS FC
3780-9286-8943
I feel so boring, the only places I ever go to are McDonalds, Burger King, Wendy's, and Taco Bell. I've never even heard of What-a-burger and In-n-out.

Nordal

Smash Lord
I'm not even a huge fan of In'n'out, but Wendy's burgers are ****ing disgusting. Frosties are legit though.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
I odn't get burgers at Wendys, I get chicken sandwiches and nuggets.

Kingwich is still the best: You go to BK and you get a double cheeseburger and a spicy chicken crisp. Open the cheesburger in between the patties and just plop the chicken crisp in it. Close. Enjoy

Spoilers: The 2nd bite is better than the first.

Phoenix Lord'

Lord' of the Night
Premium
NNID
HououDaimyo1010
3DS FC
3780-9286-8943
You may say it's obvious, but you just said "**** everything else" not 15 minutes ago without including the bun in your list of what not to "****".

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
with tag there is always california bias :troll:

In-N-out da bess.
Kingwich is still the best: You go to BK and you get a double cheeseburger and a spicy chicken crisp. Open the cheesburger in between the patties and just plop the chicken crisp in it. Close. Enjoy

Spoilers: The 2nd bite is better than the first.
Kingwich doesn't have the same ring to it as McGangbang does.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
I've heard 5 Guys Burger is the In-N-Out of the east coast.

*hint hint*
Five Guys is pretty damn good. Never had In-N-Out, but I had my first Five Guys burger a couple months ago, and it was amazing.

I think Wendys is better.
Did you ever have Roy Rogers back in the day? (Technically it's still around, but they're rare.) It's exactly like Wendy's -- but 10x better.

What good regional EC food joints are there to check out?
Jersey doesn't have ****, as usual. =X NYC and Philly have all the good food. I'll see what's near the Apex venue tho so we can get an idea of what everybody'd like.

Saved, lmao.

I feel so boring, the only places I ever go to are McDonalds, Burger King, Wendy's, and Taco Bell. I've never even heard of What-a-burger and In-n-out.
The ****. Phoenix, we need to have some dinner dates and get you out more. o.O

I odn't get burgers at Wendys, I get chicken sandwiches and nuggets.
Their spicy chicken nuggets are the best thing on the menu, but c'mon. No jr. bacon cheeseburger???

Cassio

Smash Master
Pshh, well Im also the most well traveled so its more like having a good food bias :lick:

For reals I think if theres a chain that has a better tasting drive through burgers its carls jr/hardees. In-n-out is overall better though if you include price + quality + how fast they are because of their small menu.

Edit: 5 guys is the best tasting burger chain though. Admitted that a long time ago, lol. Only issue is they take awhile when theyre busy and its like, twice the cost of in-n-out for the same amount of food :(.

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
ive been to over fourty states, both for tourney and out, and been over to europe. no way you cant call me well traveled lmao. i also need food often so i eat everywhere i go :D

Cassio

Smash Master
Food is one of the top 5 reasons to travel. If you dont eat well while you travel youre missing out.

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
funny story, because i am a picky eater, when we went to italy for over a week i had pizza for lunch and pizza for dinner every day. except in pompeii we found a mcdonalds :O

let me just say italy has the best pizza i have ever tasted bar none

and if i went back to italy im sure i would have more then pizza. ive grown out of my pickyness somewhat

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Sooo, the Rutgers Student Center is only one mile from downtown New Brunswick's theater/hotel/restaurant district, meaning we have.... a lot of options for food.

I'm assuming we want something cheap and semi-generic (like Italian or burgers or something) to suit everybody?

Scatz

Smash Champion
Tag, you're a food traveler, but you don't have Steak n Shake on the list?!

Fail.

Kaylo, my vote goes to Steak n Shake.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Dunno what Steak n Shake is, but okay, that's one vote for that. =D

Oh, I forgot to mention that I don't like BBQ either. So, yeah. Anything but Chinese or BBQ.

Top Bottom