• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Apexchu Thread, 2012 Edition - Less than 2 weeks, get hype!!!

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Roller is done :( esam, prime, z, presea, biggy going to round 2. Not sure about king yet

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
I apologise my word that roller was done is too premature. He beat kingtoon and forced a three way tie with them and ravenlord. Have no clue what happened afterwards. Round 2 is tomorrow.

Got knocked out, lost mm to luckay. I'm garbage at this game. Time to do some soul searching to figure out if I want to keep playing this game

:phone:

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
I apologise my word that roller was done is too premature. He beat kingtoon and forced a three way tie with them and ravenlord. Have no clue what happened afterwards. Round 2 is tomorrow.

Got knocked out, lost mm to luckay. I'm garbage at this game. Time to do some soul searching to figure out if I want to keep playing this game

:phone:
Hold it. What's this "garbage" ****?

Far as I've known you you've been damn fine, man. Better than this sub-scrub, that's a fact.

Only soul searching you need to do is to find the part of your soul that wants to give up and beat the **** outta it until it changes its mind.

it's a setback. Setbacks happen. Learn from it and bounce back.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Prime beat everyone in his pool so far except nick riddle. Just has to play dark peach

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Oh and honestly, I have no idea what happened to leaf lol. Kyoshi forfeited his first round pool btw

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
According to the Marth boards (They've got some updates at a decent speed over there) Prime lost in the second round of pools, so ESAM is (probably) the only Pika left for bracket.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Yeah prime lost to dpeach after he randomly got added to the pool. :( third game last hit. Z and esam are the only ones left.

Stealth and leaf doing their mm, stealth's up 3-0

#TEAMSTEALTH

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Z lost to zex, playing m2k now. Btw nordal made it to round 2 pools before drowning

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
There are bound to be some positive 'chus and negative Pikas. We are electric types after all.

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
Well, ESAM ends up in fourth. Congratulations on getting that far, watching your loser's quarters match with those IC dittos was amazing. (As was watching you murder Razer the match before.) It's a pity Ally couldn't beat Nietono, I knew after watching him massacre ADHD that it'd basically be Dabuz++ with extra IC's experience.

Phoenix Lord'

Lord' of the Night
Premium
NNID
HououDaimyo1010
3DS FC
3780-9286-8943
Nah, I left first but I don't think anyone got them. The guy had left the posters in his room, so I had to leave Apex empty handed. Sooo, I at least know I ended up not getting anything.

This could have been avoided if you came to Apex. :glare:

DRDN

Smash Master
8623 Hickory Drive, Sterling Heights MI 48312
~This is roller btw~

Yo. Real talk. Apex was run horrrrrrribly. Like. HORRIBLY. I'll go more in depth later, but it was shown that

A) The seeding was garbage.
B) There were no setups available for friendlies... AT ALL. People had to wait hours to get games in... If they were lucky.
C) The 5 man pools top 2 get out is a horrible format that should not ever be used again. Ever. I saw many people, including myself lose just 1 set and get eliminated from the tournament. Stealth's pool had to be friggin replayed because of another 3 way tie. When you make pools which have 4th seeds beating 1st seeds... You should know you are a terrible judge of skill and should be banned from making any decisions more complicated than what shirt to wear on a given day.

There were definitely amazing extracurricular activities. Shoutouts to the Philly room! lol

But the TOing was ****.

Volt_Storm_7

Smash Journeyman
~this is roller btw~

yo. Real talk. Apex was run horrrrrrribly. Like. Horribly. I'll go more in depth later, but it was shown that

a) the seeding was garbage.
B) there were no setups available for friendlies... At all. People had to wait hours to get games in... If they were lucky.
C) the 5 man pools top 2 get out is a horrible format that should not ever be used again. Ever. I saw many people, including myself lose just 1 set and get eliminated from the tournament. Stealth's pool had to be friggin replayed because of another 3 way tie. When you make pools which have 4th seeds beating 1st seeds... You should know you are a terrible judge of skill and should be banned from making any decisions more complicated than what shirt to wear on a given day.

There were definitely amazing extracurricular activities. Shoutouts to the philly room! Lol

but the toing was ****.
Sounds like you had tons of fun during the tourney. Plus, when singles was going on, they decided to only stream doubles and not singles. I wanted to see what was going on. I was happy to hear and watch Otori bring home the gold to its rightful owners, Japan. See you next year, 
brahs ;.

Phoenix Lord'

Lord' of the Night
Premium
NNID
HououDaimyo1010
3DS FC
3780-9286-8943
Everything Roller said is correct. I ended up not playing Brawl until Saturday morning because of the lack of setups.

DUB

Smash Lord
Hopefully matches will go up soon when everyone gets back. I was looking forward to seeing so many good Brawl matches on the stream but...instead I get Prog and Timeouts.:mad:

Coney

Smash Master
Sounds like you had tons of fun during the tourney. Plus, when singles was going on, they decided to only stream doubles and not singles. I wanted to see what was going on. I was happy to hear and watch Otori bring home the gold to its rightful owners, Japan. See you next year, 
brahs ;.
y. y this font and color. just y

i had fun hanging out with the pikas @ apex. thanks for the free drinks n whatnot and making the tourney somewhat bearable.

prime i still have your name tag. my ride was in a rush and i couldn't find you to switch back in time. i guess you'll just have to return to east coast and get it back.

Luckay i forgot to give you your money. just remind me next time you see me.

also shout-outs to stealth and roller for dinner :cool:

-kenny

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
~This is roller btw~

Yo. Real talk. Apex was run horrrrrrribly. Like. HORRIBLY. I'll go more in depth later, but it was shown that

A) The seeding was garbage.
B) There were no setups available for friendlies... AT ALL. People had to wait hours to get games in... If they were lucky.
C) The 5 man pools top 2 get out is a horrible format that should not ever be used again. Ever. I saw many people, including myself lose just 1 set and get eliminated from the tournament. Stealth's pool had to be friggin replayed because of another 3 way tie. When you make pools which have 4th seeds beating 1st seeds... You should know you are a terrible judge of skill and should be banned from making any decisions more complicated than what shirt to wear on a given day.

There were definitely amazing extracurricular activities. Shoutouts to the Philly room! lol

But the TOing was ****.
Truth in this post

what 1st seed lost to a 4th seed in 1st round pools?

Top Bottom