• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Anime Convention Thread! Discuss upcoming cons and tournaments!

Hey_its_YO

Smash Lord
MRK head quarters my house SilverSpring MD
I need a Check list of who is staying in my room, so nyone staying in my room either post here or PM me so i can know for sure who is going to be in it. If u are looking for a room then i may be able to provide also.

Pros:
Awesome Hotel with Connecting SkyBridge to the Con
Gentlemans Club on Thursday
Melee
May get to see a half naked HeyitsYo after i get out the shower.

Whos Down?

D1

Banned via Administration
Gentlemen's Club?!! O_o here's my number ppl who are going 347-458-8091!

CALL ME!

SEEYA THERE OMFG!

*goes nuts*

0kin

Smash Journeyman
LMAO, YO we're gonna get Blues a lap Dance! btw we should go to Mcdoogals! that place is dank! oh and D111!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!~~~~

D1

Banned via Administration
son like how much does it cost to get into the gentlemen's club ma d00?

I just burnt mad cash on clothes and I still have cash to spare, but my paycheck comes in on Friday morning (night before Gentlemen's club outing...unless its Fri. morn as in past midnight...then I'd be good money ^_^.)

Lobos

Smash Master
All I know is I'm getting something to drink! I just wont get drunk and make an *** out of myself like thumbs and skins at katsucon LOL

Hidden MachineS

Banned via Warnings
I'm going to do what I do every year. Find some random person who thinks I'm amazing at ddr/street fighter and get free housing. Cause otakon is too short to be spending all that cash unless you throw a bomb @$$ hotel party. What kind of convention closes at midnight -_-

This is why AUSA and Katsucon>>>>>>>>>>>Otakon (unless you go strictly for anime)

Shinku

Smash Champion
taj got a point. closing at midnight does seems very stupid. i think 2 am would be a better time. i can understand not being all night. but we would really like to get our monies worth.

Hidden MachineS

Banned via Warnings
Yeah otakon is like a double edged sword. So many people, so many things to do, at the cost of huge crowds, long wait times, waiting an hour in advance to get in line for a tourney, and little time to actually enjoy everything.

Though, you can do what i do and sell your tourney tickets to people for like 20-30 bucks each. I believe I sold my brawl ticket to someone for 30 bucks last time (I think it was CK or LordKnight LOL)

Hidden MachineS

Banned via Warnings
LOL I didn't think it was you, but I did remember you were with lordknight and he was all saying "i can win this for sure!" so I thought it was one of you.

Wait yeah, it WAS lordknight, and someone else (a random) cause dre or I sold our ticket to lordknight, and the other one sold it to the random guy.

Hidden MachineS

Banned via Warnings
Now that I think about it, if I had waited in line for the guitar hero, rock band, and other really popular games, I could've made way more than the cost of the convention and food.

There's always some scrub who thinks he's godlike at a game there, and is "so sure" he'll win.

Hidden MachineS

Banned via Warnings
You're so evil. Maybe you really are voldemort LOL.

But yeah, just ask dre and me, we'll show you THA ROPES, so far we've got 2 years experience XD

Lobos

Smash Master
I thought the game room was the only thing to close at midnight while other stuff stays open till later.......

I'll prolly be in yo's room.......do we get a parking space with the hotel room?

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
So anime boston starts tomorrow.
Who else is pumped? :D
Gonna get there nice and early and straight to the game room to secure a melee tv.

0kin

Smash Journeyman
gentleman's club fee's according to the 1 i went to:
entry fee : $15
lap dance: $20*note they last about 4-5 minutes*
If u sit a the bar an watch a strip tease it u HAVE to tip at least 1 dollar
pro's of the gentleman's club.
full nude! XD
getting blues a lap dance
they are ALL fuggin HAWt, they even have some big girls for Nacker/any1 withe a big girl fetish
pool table
CONS
careful to keep a steady track of how much money you have! for a steady leisure time, I think 60-80 dollars will do.
for an awesome time bring 100-150 dollars

Peachkid

Smash Champion
NNID
Peachkid
3DS FC
0791-2008-8754
So anime boston starts tomorrow.
Who else is pumped? :D
Gonna get there nice and early and straight to the game room to secure a melee tv.
ima purty pumped actually. ill be all over melee/brawl XDD maybe a few other games too...

and for the record. i am a cosplayer >_______> and ill be there eather as Light or Roxas :D

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
Anime bostonnnnnnnn im here typing away...just being random here. I played so much Melee teams with tec0 last night lmaooo too good.

JOE!

Smash Hero
Hehehehehehe, i had a what was it.....18 game streak as teh boozer in ffa's...I made people repect the koopa king at anime boston :bee:

Ch!bi

Smash Cadet
When I did get to play Brawl, it was pretty fun. ^^ Had a good time at the con as well. Hope everyone else did too! =)

JOE!

Smash Hero
When I did get to play Brawl, it was pretty fun. ^^ Had a good time at the con as well. Hope everyone else did too! =)
you and that marf stuck me between that dang jab and the Dtilt.... :mad:

anywho, its was fun :p

EDIT: on a related note, the tourney itself was kinda silly...1st 2 rounds are FFAs on FD? Really?

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
you and that marf stuck me between that dang jab and the Dtilt.... :mad:

anywho, its was fun :p

EDIT: on a related note, the tourney itself was kinda silly...1st 2 rounds are FFAs on FD? Really?
Well Friday, 1st round was FFAs and then 2nd round and after was 1 vs 1. Reason why there was FFAs in 1st and 2nd round were cause they couldn't secure another Brawl TV (cause the other room had it).

really, I found the tourny itself pretty confusing. Each staff gave me a different answer in terms of the finals, which made it hard for me to prepare propperly

well, I'm just glad I won Friday's tourny (got a white Japanese Controller. awesome :D). **** you Fatal for being too good ><;;

good games though. BIG shoutouts to D1, Linden, and Benny for training.

JOE!

Smash Hero
^

hehe, my boozer gave him trouble, too bad his down B apparently hits you while grabbing the ledge...beyond the actual 'splosion animation >.>

Top Bottom