• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The All Stars House o' Sigs (OFFICIALLY CLOSED)

Status
Not open for further replies.

smaci92

Smash Lord
What's wrong? You won't say...

I thought you guys made these because they were fun to make or you wanted the practice. Am I right?
I make sigs just to make others happy and to improve my graphic skills. but a lot of us are soooo busy right now with school and everything else (like piano for me...i have to try to fit 5 hrs of piano in a day on top of school and messing with computer graphics). so ya, L__ sounds like he's pretty busy too

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Half and half.

We make sigs for the well-being of smashboards. If you have a cool sig, generally you'll have more friends or popularity. People want to have stuff that attract other people. Also we like making sigs because we want to learn how to manipulate a simple picture into a work of art. thats why and you cant deny it.

and I dont like that attitude that you have on the shop
I thought you guys enjoyed it? Is that so bad?

I love art. I love to draw and paint,(oils are my favorite) and I respect you guys for what you do. I don't know how to use paintshop pro very well. That's the only reason I wouldn't do it myself.

I don't care about looking cool. That's why I sit at home and draw instead of go out to the mall to buy new clothes.

I enjoy looking at sigs. They make me wonder about how I would go about replicating it if I were to paint it or use ink on paper irl. I like to know that someone put effort into making it, and wonder how they made it-when they added the lights and darks, and how they blended it into the background so well, or how they made im' look cartoony.

L_ -nvm dude. I don't need it. You're probably busy like someone said.

Roller

Smash Legend
Roller are you working on my animation cuz i dont wanna request somewere else if you are but you NEVER ACKNOWLEDGE MY POSTS lol T_T
Gran, I'm sorry, but I haven't really had the chance to do it. I tried to start it once, and the viruses were just too much. HOWEVER some good news on that front. My parents are saying they'll get me a new computer since this one is so trashed. But even then, as I said to DanGR, I'm REALLY busy with applications right now, not to mention my AP classes and various extra curriculars (most of which I run...). So I apologize but I wont be able to make it for you any time soon. After November 1st (deadline for early action for most colleges) my schedule slows down a bit. untill then I don't think I'll be able to.

If you want I would suggest going to another animator on the site. I would make it for you, but you wouldn't get it for months...

And I don't think it's right to make you wait that long.

@Aman...3 people just joined...(2 of them prodigal sons returning from excursions)

This thread WAS dying, but it's getting brought back. We're just in a lul right now cuz of the start of school. We'll be back to normal in a little bit.

Conker315

Smash Lord
This thread is dying. I can definetly see the signs.
You speak the truth my friend.
and roller please dont use that school excuse..because its not just school...they gotz a life =]
what u guys should do is like do sigs on the weekend when yall have time.Seems pretty logical to me.

A_man13

Smash Master
I guess I really had no room to talk there; I've been gone for so long. All of the sig shops are in desperate positions; mine is getting less activity by the day, this one is begining to thin, and all of the others have closed or destined to close soon.

Roller

Smash Legend
@Conker

It actually IS school.

You try filling out 6 different applications for schools, writing essays for each (only one of my schools uses the common application so no point), doing 2 AP classes, 3 extra curriculars that YOU are the primary leader of. 2 where you arent. Then add on SAT prep classes and work. THEN add practicing an instrument each night.

And I have to do a lot of that work on the weekends. Notice I hadn't even had time to even POST here in the past 2 weeks or so.

Don't tell me not to use the school excuse Conker.

Conker315

Smash Lord
I shall say it again...dont use the school excuse.
You can easyli make time.Do ure **** work in class after class or in lunch if needed to get free time.Even if ure in programs or AP classes...i know its hard cuz i got related things like that but i have alot of time in my hands..and why because i finish all my things quickly.

soy listo roller...tu tambien tienes que hacer lo mismo =]
spanish ftw lol.

Also dont forget jobs roller cuz those count also.That takes way much of ure time..but its worth it.

A_man13

Smash Master
Maybe you need to get it all sorted out. Take some time off of the web for a bit and get your life organized. That's what I did till school got in full swing and I'm doing fine. The essays and aplications will go away if you can nail them out quick and early. The AP/Extra cirricular courses you just need to get in the groove of doing and they become second nature. Honestly, if it's all too much for you to handle, just quit the shop. That dosen't mean you give up sig making, but just taking time to balance life out. You need to prioritize school over activites such as this.

@Conker: Translate: I'm ready roller... you also have to do the same.

A_man13

Smash Master
If you wanted a signature from one of these amazing people (well, amazing depending on who you ask), just give them what you want on the thread and let them do the rest.

Conker315

Smash Lord
just post the size of ure sig, color, kind of style (choose a specific one in the first page or just say "what ever u think is best")
then tell a specific sig maker or anyone at all..its up to you.
Then tell them what the text should say and any more info u want

Conker315

Smash Lord
**** Ike is heading my way D:
He shows no sympothy for no one!!!
Im scared =( (hurricane if u dont nkow guys...serious matter)

A_man13

Smash Master
There was a hint of sarcasim in there. I for some odd reason say a good percentage of my things with sarcasim.

@Conker: Ike is getting worse and worse as it's heading for texas. Are you gonna have to evacuate?

Conker315

Smash Lord
Yea man its getting bigger and bigger by the hour D:
Well most likely i am going to evacuate..actually we are ganna evacuate...prob head ova to dallas but they say its ganna hit there also...hopefully when it hits land its ganna loose its powa!

A_man13

Smash Master
Well, texas is right over by tornado alley, so you may (or may not) have conditions that could keep Ike strong. It should go away, though. If it will hit you, best of luck evacuating. Just hope that it hits Northern Mexico as it might end up doing.

Come to think of it, we got some twisters near us in the past week or so.

Conker315

Smash Lord
We never had a tornado here...for once in my life I would like to see one.But yea hopefully Ike wont hit...it would ruin alot of things...for examlple the upcoming tournament would be ruined here (maybe)
and I might loose belongings.

and how where the twisters? strong or weak

A_man13

Smash Master
I didn't hear much about them. No damage, but they were close to our family. My parents and siblings were at a football game and it touched down a few feet from the field. They were driving home as fast as they could when yet another blocked the way. Meanwhile I was worried sick at home in the basement. And shortly earlier my sister asked what does a tornado look like.

Hopefully Ike veers. I'll keep an eye on the news.

zrky

Smash Lol'd
good luck conker, sorry if you don't get sympathy from hurricanes good luck

I hope we get some of that rain over to the dry deserted area of Texas

Conker315

Smash Lord
Thanks for the concern guys but yea i will stay in houston and indoors when ike hits.
Im studying ikes movements and actually thinking either from staying and taking the hit or going to dallas.Most likely i will stay because of my parents..but u never know...some facts can change anything.
On saturday morning its going to hit so ill be home doing sigs or playin brawl to keep the calmness on.If the power goes out then yea ill just go to the living room and talk with my folks.Its all about staying calm in these situations and i got 3 things to do that...of course brawl :p makin sigs or talking.

Conker315

Smash Lord
Wow if people actually think this is a joke i would beat their ***..
I mean cmon in a real life threath situation i wouldnt be joking around or making fun of a hurricane thats like the size of Tx.
Sure its hardly funny but still what if something happens to my family or me??
Maybe this is the last time u would see me post or w/e.
but yea I hope Ike shows sympathy.

zrky

Smash Lol'd

Lol this was made by a friend down here.
it's an interesting picture, but some people use humor to calm themselves (me) and others sig. making(from what it seems). but if it does to Houston what Katrina did to New Orleans that would really really really suck

L__

Smash Master
Conker, if you die...

must...destroy ike! D;

sorry; i wish you the best of luck out there

zrky

Smash Lol'd
the news was on
i jus saw that ikes gonna be there at like 2:00 am
on saturday and it will only be cat 2
so yea its looking good people!
yeah, but cat 3 by landfall last I heard

Katrina was only 3 and look what it did, Houston is like 3ft. higher (exaggeration)

A_man13

Smash Master
Stealth Raptor: That is funny (I laughed), but it is a serious matter. Hopefully people won't start making more jokes that have to do with Ike fighting for it's hurricane friends it traveled with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom