• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The All Michigan Smash Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCOTU

Smash Hero
Please list "Main: Fox (Melee), Second: Marth (Meleel), Thrid: Fox (Brawl)" lol. I don't actually want it like that.

Dopey

Smash Lord
wtf u mean michigan was average for melee

i kept that **** alive son GET OUTTA MY FACE!

Dopey

Smash Lord
lain just stfu LOL u have no idea what ur talking about at this moment in time =p

everywhere i went, there was smash, thats all i kno.

Dopey

Smash Lord
NEW DISCOVERY

H cancling

gg smash scene, im winning vayseths next tourny with it =)

domiNate

Smash Apprentice
So are all of the tournaments in Ann Arbor hosted by people attending u of m? I'm going there in the fall and I'm looking forward to having close by tournies.

kotahlicious

Smash Journeyman
i wanna go to u of m in like 5 years lol im only 7th grade. im actually a state fan but planing on going into the law field hopefully crimnal lawyer. u of m has a good law school.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
domiNate, who are you? For some reason I keep seeing Troy people pop up out of nowhere : P

domiNate

Smash Apprentice
My name's Nate, I go to Troy High. I'm white, haha, it's kind of a rarety among smashers here. Yeah, I noticed you were from Troy. You're the only other Troy person I've seen on these boards. If you come home for the summer and host any small tournies or anything I'd totally be interested.

lain

Smash Master
there are tournaments held every weekend in downtown ann arbor. in september there will be UofM tournaments as well.

uhhmmm...

SCOTU

Smash Hero
Yeah, we'll be starting the official UofM Biweeklies back up in the fall (no guarantee as to which game though). Also Tony, if you do host anything melee, I'm totally there.

KingShibby

Smash Rookie
Hey guys,

Myself and Trespayne are planning a Brawl tournament on Saturday, June 28th in Holland at The Lost City. I'm still in the planning stages of the tournament, but I hope to have the rules and other information finalized within the next few days.

I do know we will be doing a 1v1 and a 2v2 tournament. As far as prizes, there will probably be a small cash prize along with other prizes. We're thinking $6 entry for the 1v1 and $10/team for the 2v2 tournament. The tournament will probably start at around 6:00pm.

For those that do not know, The Lost City is a Laser Tag place in Holland. We also have a video game arcade. This is the first Brawl tournament the company has done, but myself and Trespayne have attended some tournaments in the past so we have a fairly good idea what we're doing.

If anyone has any questions, I will be posting a thread in this forum soon or you can always e-mail me at jared (at) dutchvillage (dot) com

KingShibby

Smash Rookie
LOL where's shibbypod

for rules, i'd refer to this:

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=164142

also, $6 entry fee is odd. just make it $5. kthx. ;D
Those rules look good to me :bee:

I guess we'll do $5 1v1 and $10/team 2v2 entry fees.

I'll be putting up an online sign-up page on our website for anyone that's interested in participating. If there's a good size turnout, we might start doing tournaments monthly. We just had a Guitar Hero III Tournament last month and that had a decent turnout.

Edit: Full tournament information available at http://www.the-lostcity.com/brawl.htm

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I never thought you'd be one to bear a grudge, let alone one against an entire community. >_>

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
Neither did I, but I've been constantly debating for a week now. Do you know how frustrating that can be? Plus, there is stuff that went down in the SBR that factors into it too. Its just plain sad.

And its all exacerbated by my bad mood from studying too much. I'm completely burned out.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
panda, come over and play!! zomg dont b nub k thnx
I really should, but I definitely can't :/

I've been looking for EVO's ruleset but without any luck. Do you have a link and I'll look them over and probably integrate them.
Oh, sorry. I was being sarcastic about using EVO's ruleset. Rofa's ruleset is pretty good for now, so you should probably use his (until we finish the official SBR ruleset of course :D).

rofa

Smash Journeyman
(nasally, whiney voice) : "until we finish the official SBR ruleset OF COURSE!" /sarcasm

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
(nasally, whiney voice) : "until we finish the official SBR ruleset OF COURSE!" /sarcasm
You forgot to add "cracking" voice.

Oh, and I sincerely doubt people will use our list of stage bans. Thats one of the few things I don't see people listening to us about. Mostly because we're probably not gonna ban much, and people are really ban happy with stages.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Cool, I'm looking forward to it.
It was fun playing you. Just put a little more emphasis on DI, 'cause Sheik isn't supposed to kill you so fast. : )

Nice Olimar, though. We should play again sometime.

btw, I updated the format of the first page. Everyone be sure to check it out.

domiNate

Smash Apprentice
It was fun playing you. Just put a little more emphasis on DI, 'cause Sheik isn't supposed to kill you so fast. : )

Nice Olimar, though. We should play again sometime.

btw, I updated the format of the first page. Everyone be sure to check it out.
Haha thanks man. Yeah playing you solidified my feelings that I do indeed suck. You're sheik was way faster than I was expecting it to be. You got some skills man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom