• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The All Michigan Smash Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

MichiganMain

Introduction

Welcome to the -All Michigan Smash Thread-! Thread is to help organize the Michigan Smash Community. How often is it that you come to the regional board, and Scotu and Anther are spamming up the Big MI Discussion topic so hard that you have to go back 12 pages to get the Address to ItoBandito's Smashfest? Well it's a problem.. No More! This thread's here with all the relevant information you'll need to get some good smash anywhere in Michigan! (Unless you live in the Upper Peninsula (sorry, it happens).

Within the past year 2007, the Smash scene in Michigan has expanded by lots with new talented smashers coming out the woodwork, with all the lil small ghetto communities of Smashers finally discovering the MI originals and each other. Luckily for most of you we all still suck, but at least you won't have to tread through the Big MI Discussion topic to find us, cause its all here and organized for you to use at your discretion.

If you want to get listed on the finder, simply copy this example for the formatting and paste it with your info:
EX.

Summer Location
Winter Location (if different from summer location)
Name
Melee/Brawl
Brawl Main/Second
Melee Main/Second
Friend Code
Contact

So it'll look something like this,
France
TheWhiteHouse
Doosh
Melee/Brawl
Pokémon Trainer/Lucario
Pichu/Mewtwo
0000 0000 0000
AIM: IKenTelprotz

if you were a French smasher that only plays High tiers.

Do winter only if you live somewhere else than the summer.
Otherwise if you're at the same place year round you don't have to put anything in your winter location.

Anyways, the posts after this one will include Michigan Smashfests and upcoming tourneys that Michiganders are attending or hosting.This is just a general account you most likely won't see it posting around Smashboards. But you can PM it if you have something to say.

Smashers with access to this account that work diligently like its a second job to keep it up to date while at the same time being college students:

Anther
Sexy Pika main... get at me!, thread maker

Ankoku
Datawhore, Information gatherer

Erad
Ankoku, Erad, SAME PERSON?

M

MichiganMain

Smashfests & Tournaments

Remember all events are BYOC (Bring Your Own Controller)

Mini-key
Green -One time
Light blue - Weeklies
Yellow - Biweeklies
Red - Monthly Events

Upcoming Tournaments
---

Triple Threat!
This tournament is hosting Smash 64, Melee, AND Brawl all in one place! Huge Grand Rapids tournament
Date: Saturday, June 7
Start Time: 1 PM
Price: $5 per person for N64 or Melee; $10 per person for Brawl
Format: N64 Singles, Melee Singles, Brawl Singles
56 N Division
Grand Rapids, MI 49503

Digital Ops Biweeklies
A smaller but cheaper biweekly that happens whenever Rofa's doesn't. On Sundays, too!
Date: Sunday, June 8
Start Time: 11 AM
Price: $5 per person per event
Format: Doubles, then Singles
525 E Liberty St.
Ann Arbor, MI 48104

Rofa's Biweekly Tournament
A biweekly that gets people from out-of-state and is at an awesome venue!! :o
Date: Saturday, June 14
Start Time: 11 AM
Price: $10 per person per event
Format: Doubles, then Singles
1507 Washtenaw
Ann Arbor, MI 48104

Smashfests

Rofa's Biweekly Smashfests
Date: Every Friday before the tournament
Start Time: Whenever
Where
Sojourner Truth House
1507 Washtenaw
Ann Arbor, MI 48104
Extra Info:
The point of the Smashfest is to allow midwest players a chance to play a large variety of people casually rather than being forced to gamble money. The Smashfest will have a relaxed atmosphere and anyone is welcome to attend, free of charge.

Past Tournaments
---
None yet :o

M

MichiganMain

Michigan Smashers Locator

This post is intended to list every smasher in Michigan along with their location, contact, and character. If you would like to be added, follow this format:

If you want to get listed on the finder, simply copy this example for the formatting and paste it with your info:
EX.

Summer Location
Winter Location (if different from summer location)
Name
Melee/Brawl (which ones you play)
Brawl Main/Second
Melee Main/Second
Brawl Friend Code
Contact

So it'll look something like this,
France
TheWhiteHouse
Doosh
Melee/Brawl
Pokémon Trainer/Lucario
Pichu/Mewtwo
0000 0000 0000
AIM: IKenTelprotz

if you were a French smasher that only plays High tiers.

Do winter only if you live somewhere else than the summer.
Otherwise if you're at the same place year round you don't have to put anything in your winter location.

Summer
---
Ann Arbor - Enzyme - Melee/Brawl - TBD - Jigglypuff/Luigi - N/A - EMail: imwilson@umich.edu
Ann Arbor - lain - Melee/Brawl - G&W/Ganondorf - Fox/Marth - 4768 7536 2417 - AIM: KoreanXDemon
Ann Arbor - okiyama - Melee/Brawl - Wario - Fox - 3523 1697 1424 - AIM: lamabuny
Ann Arbor - Vayseth - Brawl - Olimar/Wario - 1934 0372 2901 - AIM: PacManVay
Franklin - thaxceptional1 - Melee/Brawl - Mario/G&W - Peach - 1504 5363 4078 - AIM: heavenzmovie912
Grand Rapids - EPOK - Melee/Brawl - Luigi/DK - Falco/Luigi - N/A - AIM: Epok1770
Inkster- The Mann - Melee/Brawl - Luigi/DK - Luigi/Falco - N/A - AIM: Sopha33
Lansing - GodzSon - Brawl - Marth/Peach/Pikachu - 2363 6525 7325 - AIM: GetWithGodzSon
Livonia- Randizzle - Melee/Brawl - Snake/Marth - Marth - 1117 9952 7333 - AIM: fizban876
Northville - SCOTU - Melee/Brawl - Fox/Marth - Fox/Marth - N/A - Gtalk/ MSN: scotu42@gmail.com
Pontiac - Needle of Juntah - Brawl - G&W - 1504 5363 4078 - AIM: NeedleofJuntah
Saline - Hot_ArmS - Melee/Brawl - Pit/Snake - Falco - 1160 9397 3726 - AIM: beastlie32
Troy - Ankoku - Melee/Brawl - Sheik/Marth - Sheik/Peach - 3652 0220 8245 - AIM: Konnichiwaffle
Troy - RoboticSithDrone - Melee/Brawl - Olimar/Wario - Pichu/Falcon - 4382-1693-8695 - AIM: RoboticSithDrone
Waterford - Turtle - Melee/Brawl - Link/Pit - Link/Young Link - 2664 1856 6231 - AIM: bigturtle54
West Bloomfield - Dre the Ace - Melee/Brawl - ROB/Fox - Marth/Pikachu - 2105 8318 6223 - AIM: Zaper102
Ypsilanti - Anther - Melee/Brawl - Pikachu/Lucario - Pikachu/Falco - 0688 5955 1238 - AIM: Anther2000

Winter
---
Ann Arbor - Ankoku - Melee/Brawl - Sheik/Marth - Sheik/Peach - 2664 1856 6231 - AIM: Konnichiwaffle
Ann Arbor - Enzyme - Melee/Brawl - TBD - Jigglypuff/Luigi - N/A - EMail: imwilson@umich.edu
Ann Arbor - lain - Melee/Brawl - G&W/Ganondorf - Fox/Marth - 4768 7536 2417 - AIM: KoreanXDemon
Ann Arbor - okiyama - Melee/Brawl - Wario - Fox - 3523 1697 1424 - AIM: lamabuny
Ann Arbor- Randizzle - Melee/Brawl - Snake/Marth - Marth - 1117 9952 7333 - AIM: fizban876
Ann Arbor - SCOTU - Melee/Brawl - Fox/Marth - Fox/Marth - N/A - Gtalk/ MSN: scotu42@gmail.com
Detroit
- thaxceptional1 - Melee/Brawl - Mario/G&W - Peach - 1504 5363 4078 - AIM: heavenzmovie912
East Lansing - Dre the Ace - Melee/Brawl - ROB/Fox - Marth/Pikachu - 2105 8318 6223 - AIM: Zaper102
Grand Rapids - EPOK - Melee/Brawl - Luigi/DK - Falco/Luigi - N/A - AIM: Epok1770
Lansing - GodzSon - Brawl - Marth/Peach/Pikachu - 2363 6525 7325 - AIM: GetWithGodzSon
Pontiac - Needle of Juntah- Brawl - G&W - 1504 5363 4078 - AIM: NeedleofJuntah
Saline - Hot_ArmS - Melee/Brawl - Pit/Snake - Falco - 1160 9397 3726 - AIM: beastlie32
Sterling Heights- Vayseth - Brawl - Olimar/Wario - 1934 0372 2901 - AIM: PacManVay
Waterford - Turtle - Melee/Brawl - Link/Pit - Link/Young Link - 2664 1856 6231 - AIM: bigturtle54
Ypsilanti - Anther - Melee/Brawl - Pikachu/Lucario - Pikachu/Falco - 0688 5955 1238 - AIM: Anther2000
Ypsilanti- The Mann - Melee/Brawl - Luigi/DK - Luigi/Falco - N/A - AIM: Sopha33

M

MichiganMain

Videos!!!
---
Rofa's Biweeklies Channel - http://youtube.com/rofasbiweeklies
If you ever go to Rofa's biweekly tournaments, this is where you'll find the vids that get recorded! They're usually up within a week after recording.

Anther Channel - http://youtube.com/Anthermoo
The channel featuring the cutest yellow squirrel in existence.

Ankoku's SSBM/SSBB/MBAC/IaMP Channel - http://youtube.com/eradikatus
A channel full of various fighting game vids, and some UMB Brawl stuff too.

SCOTU's Smash Channel - http://youtube.com/scotu42
Channel with older Melee UMB vids, mostly.

DBS's Brawl Channel - http://youtube.com/user/DetroitBestSmasher
Lots of vids that DBS records of himself playing with others.

Bowyer's Smash Channel - http://www.youtube.com/weasel0024
Has some Melee vids, Brawl vids, and the #$7.

M

MichiganMain

Added information to the intro to answer your very good question Petre XD.

Jermesque

Smash Apprentice
orly O.o

I hang out there all the time.

I live in Dearborn Heights, Telegraph and Van Born. We can get together and smash sometime maybe?

That's like 5-10 minutes apart lol

Randizzle

Smash Ace
if i drive really fast. yes.

i dunno. telegraph and 96 is about 7-10 mins. I don't know where van born is, but i'm assuming it's south on telegraph from 96. Can't be too far since it's only dearborn heights.

Kail

Smash Lord
Evidently I'm cool enough where I don't have to give you anything.

Just a by the by, Bigy is Alcoady on the boards, that way you won't PM the wrong name or anything

SCOTU

Smash Hero
There's already a thread about Carpooling to FC, somone should organize a list of who's going where. screw it, i'll do it if no one else wants to. This thread is a great idea btw. Just a random suggestion, if ppl wanted, you could use one of the placeholders for crews. There are 3 crews i can think of on the top of my head (5C, midland, ballrest), and there are probably a bunch of smaller less known crews throughout the state. But i think this thread is a bid step forward for MI.

darE::to::Dream

Smash Journeyman
Hey, sorry, I just woke up now. And now I feel bad, because I'm the primary data collector and it looks like a bunch of people posted contact information already. I'll get to updating as soon as Anther gets back from work and gives me the password to the account.

Randizzle

Smash Ace
i mentioned that to erad, as well a few other errors, but seeing as he doesn't have the password, he can't change them until he gets it from anther.

Anther

Smash Champion
I sent it a lil while ago.

Its weird I haven't craved any smash this week yet. I might be coming down with something D=..

kerploplesteesh

Smash Journeyman
Grosse Ile-Kerploplesteesh-Fox-AIM: Kerploplesteesh

(its in SE Michigan)

(dope's sn is in his profile i think? Otherwise i guess he doesnt want anyone knowing... why dope hmm?)

ohh... and my other GI smash buddies

Grosse Ile-Botulismnator-Peach-AIM: botulismnator
Grosse Ile-G$-Gannondorf-AIM: Maximummeat
Grosse Ile-Afro-Link-AIM: Bigafromusclekid

King Malice

Smash Ace
Add these kids-- (They don't have swf names, and I don't know their contact info)

Clawson - Gekkou Kage - Fox, Falco
Madison Heights - Glitchery - Dr Mario, Falco
Madison Heights - Cloud - Peach, Marth
Madison Heights - Deez - Dr Mario, Marth
Madison Heights - JTRipper - Ganon

Anther

Smash Champion
lol.. I'd think the main point of the list would be to have people there that can be contacted to play smash witht XD.

King Malice

Smash Ace
All of those people are pretty much people from my crew.

And I am sorry Erad that I don't have internet at the moment, and my laptop decided to destroy itself. (By the way, Erad, I am going up to the mall today at about 3ish.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom