• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The All Michigan Smash Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scala

Smash Ace
lol, I blame Brawl for bringing out a bunch of new smashers.
Yep, I'm not gonna lie, that's why I'm here. I got into smash near the end of melee's life, started learning advanced techs and decided to give up since they were thrown out in brawl, even though I could do them.

Now that brawl came out I'm not forced to be incredible at abusing the game's physics to play competitively and play competitively I shall. Brawl's release was the best opportunity to get involved in this awesome smash community.

Enzyme

Smash Apprentice
If by play competetively you mean camping and spamming projectiles >_>
Brawl is fun because it's broken... that's why I'm learning ICs. XD

SCOTU

Smash Hero
Brawl requires just as much abusing of its physics as melee did, since there's less that you can do w/o abusing it.

Scala

Smash Ace
You can abuse physics in brawl. The difference is that if you don't in brawl, you won't get completely ***** by people. In melee, if you couldn't even WD, your game is a joke.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
You can abuse physics in brawl. The difference is that if you don't in brawl, you won't get completely ***** by people. In melee, if you couldn't even WD, your game is a joke.
The difference is that in Brawl, properly abusing the game engine leads to the only possible ways to utterly **** people with absolutely no chance of escape. In Melee, being unable to use advanced techniques simply limited your number of options of approach and defense.

alcoady

Smash Ace
heeeeeeey guys.

GR tourney is tomorrow :p

y'all better figure out a way to get down here (really the drive from AA to GR isn't bad at all...it's all like..one express way. Plus the place we're having the tourney is right off the express way...

Enzyme

Smash Apprentice
Oh, I always looked at it. It was easier than trying to wade through Midwest for events. But I understand it can be a pain to collect everything.

Could you put me down for ICs/Shiek in brawl though? I feel left out.

Shadow5567

Smash Journeyman
outta curiosity, is there any tournaments even remotley close to Flint? The only reason I can see why there wouldnt be is becuase people refuse to get hobo stab insurance which is theire prob, so anyone know of anything?

TofuToph

Smash Journeyman
Which tournament will have more people? The Ann Arbor Bi-Weekly tournament or the one in Holland?

I'm trying to decide which one to go to since they're both of Saturday. Anyone have any ideas?

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Uhh, which one is closer? I can almost guarantee the CyGamZ tournament will have a bigger turnout, though.

TofuToph

Smash Journeyman
Is cygamez the tourney that's this saturday?

And is there a post that describes it in more detail because I went to Rofa's biweekly but all I saw was stuff about the smashfest there...?

SCOTU

Smash Hero
i was gonna go to rofa's, but then tony nor dave could go, so i decided against it cause i just wanted to do doubles w/ one of my friends.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom