• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The All Michigan Smash Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Isn't St. Louis in Missouri? If you're not in MI during the summer/winter, you don't have to put where you're going to be at that point. Also, righteous, do you have AIM/MSN/whatever?

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Wavedashing with Giga Bowser is illegal. The same applies to Giant Female Wireframe.

You can check the first page of this thread to see what a bunch of us play as our mains.

righteous_dude

Smash Rookie
meh St. Louis is in Missouri, so ignore that part...I won't be around in the summer.

AIM: noneOfInfinity

I'll be on occasionally... are there any names (particularly at UofM) I should be aware of?

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
What dorm are you going to be in? Most of 5th Column is in Bursley Hall at North Campus, but you can find Randizzle in South Quad. Luladin and Sheepyman are somewhere around central campus area, I think.

SCOTU

Smash Hero
I like to quote people.

Isn't St. Louis in Missouri? If you're not in MI during the summer/winter, you don't have to put where you're going to be at that point. Also, righteous, do you have AIM/MSN/whatever?
He's like an inverse Korora

hey so is wavedashing illegal or no...... and who do you play with I play with fox, luigi, falco, link, and the marios
Why would wavdashing be illegal? (don't answer that. It's not to start a "debate" between casual players and competitive players). It's a common form of movement.

meh St. Louis is in Missouri, so ignore that part...I won't be around in the summer.

AIM: noneOfInfinity

I'll be on occasionally... are there any names (particularly at UofM) I should be aware of?
Names to be aware of (in no particular order):
Randizzle
Ankoku
Bowyer
MeanSpam (maybe? he hasn't played since last term...)
Jman
Enzyme
Luladin
Rocko
SCOTU
and probably a few others i'm forgetting (sorry).
Ann Arbor's a center for smash in SEMI (south east Michigan).

What dorm are you going to be in? Most of 5th Column is in Bursley Hall at North Campus, but you can find Randizzle in South Quad. Luladin and Sheepyman are somewhere around central campus area, I think.
Enzyme too.

righteous_dude

Smash Rookie
I'm in Markley on the Hill, so it looks like I'll be takin trips up to North Campus to play.

What is 5th Column?

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
No, Anther's not in UofM, he's just too amazing and felt like joining. But you do have to meet the crew's approval. 5th Column is a UofM Smash crew started in Bursley.

sheepyman

BRoomer
BRoomer
I regret to inform you all that Dope was eaten alive by 3 wild and rabid pandas early this morning.

I send my regards and sincerest apologies to his friends and family.

SCOTU

Smash Hero
I regret to inform you all that Dope was eaten alive by 3 wild and rabid pandas early this morning.

I send my regards and sincerest apologies to his friends and family.
I hate it when that happens. The last time it happened to me, it was excruciatingly painful.

And no, you don't have to be at UofM to be in 5th Column, thats just where it started/ is based. You do however have to smash with us on a regular basis. There are also, 2 levels of the crew, the competitive level (see sig), and the casual level (those who don't play enough/ at a competitive level to be on the competitive team). Being on the casual level is far easier to be on, to be on the competitive crew, you've gotta play very frequently with us, and compete in tournaments with us, and be on or above our skill level.
Lolz, i'm talking about it like it's a strictly defined team sport or something.

condemned_soul

Smash Champion
how often do you play???? im about to play ankoku today (sunday) at planet x in southfiled around 2 pm.....why dont you come scotu

SCOTU

Smash Hero
Well, we're less likley to play every day than last year. At least in my room. We'll play (with a decent gathering) about 1-2 / week, and then there's the biweeklies.

Why don't i come? because i've got stuff to do, and no ride there (frikin engine not working).

Firebrand713

Smash Apprentice
ABORT ABORT GEARS OF WAR TOURNAMENT = VERY LITTLE CHANCE OF BEING ABLE TO USE PROJECTOR / RESCHEDULE.

Actually, I think I can set you guys up on the projector, but its a bit noisy here right now.

edit: 20 people worth of noisy, at least.

Levitas

the moon
It looks like the AA scene is going to have more players around this year! See you guys on Thurs (or whenever you get up there)

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
there were a ton of people last year too but they all stopped playing after they started getting beat alot

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
You disappointed me, condemned. So I used my banner-earned store credit for some friendlies with Zero, a 3 Musketeers bar, and a can of Squirt. And here I was thinking scheduling something less than 24 hours away would make it easier to do...

Luladin

Smash Apprentice
More people smashing in AA? Fun fun...I'm living on Packard this year...quite close to South Quad.

SCOTU

Smash Hero
do you really think that internet brawl will be suitable for competitive play? i mean, look at the lag to send the signal from one part of an HDTV to another, using hardware upscalers, then compare that to sending it many miles using software network resolvers. On multiple computers.

petre

Smash Lord
closest to Sterling Heights, MI on your wii foreca
do you really think that internet brawl will be suitable for competitive play? i mean, look at the lag to send the signal from one part of an HDTV to another, using hardware upscalers, then compare that to sending it many miles using software network resolvers. On multiple computers.
right now, i can play with computers. thats it. otherwise i have to spend like 5 bucks in gas alone to get somewhere to play, then another 10-15 for entry fees for a tournament. when brawl comes, ill at least be able to play other people in friendlies every day.

sheepyman

BRoomer
BRoomer
Hey, Luladin, I live on the corner of Packard and Division, which means if you're close to South Quad (and Packard/Division is about as close to South Quad as Packard gets) then you live very, very close to me. And by that I mean walking distance.

righteous_dude

Smash Rookie
I actually hope that Brawl is played mostly offline- that way I won't have to buy a Wii, I'll just use my gamecube controller and bum off other people's setups :D.

Levitas

the moon
I could care less about online play, I just want to see this game come together. And Jason, your comment is too true, although I cooled my boots for a different reason. (NOISE: some people just can't keep their voices down, like tiltspam if you know what I mean. and you should be able to figure it out)

sheepyman

BRoomer
BRoomer
another person would be lain.

he cant keep his voice down either.

Randizzle

Smash Ace
i have a wii and i still don't care for online play for brawl. In fact, I'm almost slightly against it.

south quad (area) smash ftw =) We should do crew battles with central campus vs north. Now I'm really pumped.

edit: i guess the one good thing about online play would be not having to deal with smashers that can't shut up XD

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I don't care about online play for Brawl.

Who would be the central campus crew? I only see four guys, unless you know people.

Luladin

Smash Apprentice
I knew you lived somewhere around there Sheepy. I've gotten a bit better over the months and would enjoy playing with ya when we're both able

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
Does anyone around Ann Arbor wanna play today at 5ish. I'm willing to drive a little ways (like 30 min or so). Phone number: 616-550-4787 leave a message if I don't pick up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom