• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The All Michigan Smash Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anther

Smash Champion
Gw on the uploads and the music XD.
Did someone accidentally delete the first set of vids o.o?... cause I noticed that even the matches from your Ironman aren't up.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Apparently something screwed up with the recording of our Ironman : (.

So if anyone is curious as to how it went, scotu won with three full stocks of Captain Falcon remaining.

SCOTU

Smash Hero
after performing a unnecessary suicide falcon punch at very end.
An Unnecessary Suicide MOONWALKED falcon punch

The stuff with the video and audio:

Yeah, the capture got reset when someone powered on the game cube with only the last 3hrs being captured. The only reasonable thing i can think of is that in the process, someone unplugged my Hard drive, then plugged it back in, and that somehow restarted the capture.

Also: for anyone that may have any complaints about the music. There were huge audio desynching problems, since i tried capturing in a more compressed format that (apparently) isn't fully supported by the video format. I did that in an effort to save time uploading. But, since the audio turned out to not work, I'd figure i'd spend the time to take the random 1hr long techno remix, and append itself to itself twice (so it's 3 hrs). Then I split the vids. Then, I uploaded it. It was an 18 hr upload, as opposed to a 6 hr upload of mute vids. So that's the reason i tried to compress the audio more. And that's the story behind the audio.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Also: for anyone that may have any complaints about the music. There were huge audio desynching problems, since i tried capturing in a more compressed format that (apparently) isn't fully supported by the video format. I did that in an effort to save time uploading. But, since the audio turned out to not work, I'd figure i'd spend the time to take the random 1hr long techno remix, and append itself to itself twice (so it's 3 hrs). Then I split the vids. Then, I uploaded it. It was an 18 hr upload, as opposed to a 6 hr upload of mute vids. So that's the reason i tried to compress the audio more. And that's the story behind the audio.
Jesus, and you'd think by now you'd learn to test all your video encoding settings before using them for actual recording purposes.

SCOTU

Smash Hero
I did. The test worked. I don't really know why it didn't there. Maybe it had to do with video problem. But i'm going to use the audio that takes up more space, because i know it works.

SCOTU

Smash Hero
wait. You're hosting a fest on the day of ST$? what are you thinking? Go to ST$ instead. It's gonna be hellafreakinawesomeftw.

SCOTU

Smash Hero
yeah, it's true. Plus, it was pretty easy to win. All you'd have to do is beat anther, then shaeden, then tehownage (always forget your real name), then dope. Not really much of a challenge, i know. I'd probably had one if i'd have not been playing low tiers like fox and falcon.

Luigi Ka-master

Smash Lord
This is Eggz on Ka Master's account!

You guys should bust out a national tournament, or at least one with at least a hundred people. I might be able to get a bunch from WA to go. =D

Eggz out.

SCOTU

Smash Hero
hmmm..... we'll be hosting biweeklies through then... I know we wanted to host a huge brawl tourney in December... and it wouldn't be too hard to make it a huge melee/ brawl tourney... we'll look into it.

SCOTU

Smash Hero
The only real issue i can think of would be housing. I mean, our venue's in a freaking dorm, so there's plenty of rooms, i dunno if we'd have enough volunteers to share their rooms. I'd have to check with my roommate for sure, but we might be able to hold a couple awesome WA smashers. Only if SW goes though. jk. but it would be ridiculously cool if he did. I know Randy wants to make our first brawl tourney HUGE, and that spells perfect opportunity for a HUGE DUAL TOURNAMENT. We'll investigate our options as we know more about our Final exams (which are around then)... Also, our venue's not quite huge, like FC, but it's big enough for 100 ppl, I'd say.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Well, stuff here is pretty fun. Looks like I'll have a huge backlog of stuff to work out on Friday, though. Wow, I'm getting good at Wii typing. Also just noticed the uber drama in MW forums... wow.

Eggz

Smash Hero
The only real issue i can think of would be housing. I mean, our venue's in a freaking dorm, so there's plenty of rooms, i dunno if we'd have enough volunteers to share their rooms. I'd have to check with my roommate for sure, but we might be able to hold a couple awesome WA smashers. Only if SW goes though. jk. but it would be ridiculously cool if he did. I know Randy wants to make our first brawl tourney HUGE, and that spells perfect opportunity for a HUGE DUAL TOURNAMENT. We'll investigate our options as we know more about our Final exams (which are around then)... Also, our venue's not quite huge, like FC, but it's big enough for 100 ppl, I'd say.
Theres a Mario player with a hot female friend I need to meet in Michigan, so I wanted an excuse to come. Also I wanted to meet Scotu. And Anther. And play Dope again. (or did I play Tope?)

But yeah, keep me informed. I'd house with -PM-, not sure if you guys know him.

Randizzle

Smash Ace
we'll seriously look into hosting something for you guys, especially if you can get the rest of washington to come too, k?
if we're doing this, we'll have a better idea in about a month or so. also, who is this mario player? I can only think of two marios in this state and one is retired.

btw, it seems there's a lot more smashers in michigan than i thought... so why the hell is it so difficult to find any good smashers around when scotu is working >=(

SCOTU

Smash Hero
I'm gonna throw out some random guess and say it's -PM- but that wouldn't make much sense. I'm just guessing based on the fact that that's where he said he'd house.... Yeah, we'll probably start a thread on here, or a group on google maybe? but there are several major things needed to be addressed for hosting a tournament of that scale. i.e. venue, parking, housing, pre-registration, date. I know how we can easily do preregistration, There are a couple possible venues (esp. our basement). Housing would be based on volunteers. Several of us live in the dorms there, and would be able to host a few people each, and several people live in appartments in the area that could host a bunch. but it'd still be up to them. Parking at our current venue might have issues. I don't really know about that situation. Maybe it's fine. The date we can have worked out in about a month, when we know our finals schedules. These are just a few things to get people thinking.... It would be wicked sweet to see you guys from washington again. You're so... ****... good.

Randizzle

Smash Ace
well, the two mario players i was thinking of were malice and liptonbuddy, the latter being the retired one.

and **** yo, 100 people is A LOT of people... but washington kicks ***.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom