• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The All Michigan Smash Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

mastersmash

Smash Apprentice
hahah, im going to go to the midnight gaming championship in Traverse City and win since no one good actually lives in Traverse City. I mean i'm the only one from Traverse that goes to these boards. Oh and Ito, i believe there is a midnight gaming chamionship in lansing as well. you should check it out. theres smash. and maybe some nubs there. heh. Oh and Scotu, i just realized, but you post too much...
there's most likely going to be a handful of "good" ppl going to the traverse one, i'm going as well but this is my first "official" smash tourney lol my cuzin won 2nd place once idk what tourney but ye, hopefully it runs in the blood :p

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Okay, small update to the Smashfests section over here: http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=2538173#post2538173

One-time smashfests will be in green. Weekly smashfests will be in light blue. Biweeklies will appear in yellow. Monthlies in red. If you plan to make your smashfest/tourney a regular thing, I would appreciate you figure out a day and time so I don't have to wait for a new post from you telling everyone that it's going to be a Friday instead of a Sunday next time, but if it's something your schedule can't permit, that's okay too... just be sure to post updates on time early if that's the case.

Also, thanks, Anther, for having a cooler and more useful format for smashfests.

Anther

Smash Champion
Good stuff Tony.
I was trying to think up a system for that too T.T.
While I'm sitting here bored at work I might change some more stuff, but yeah.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
NarutoShocker's is only tentative right now (he rarely posts, so it's difficult to know what he's planning).

mastersmash

Smash Apprentice
Okay, small update to the Smashfests section over here: http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=2538173#post2538173

One-time smashfests will be in green. Weekly smashfests will be in light blue. Biweeklies will appear in yellow. Monthlies in red. If you plan to make your smashfest/tourney a regular thing, I would appreciate you figure out a day and time so I don't have to wait for a new post from you telling everyone that it's going to be a Friday instead of a Sunday next time, but if it's something your schedule can't permit, that's okay too... just be sure to post updates on time early if that's the case.

Also, thanks, Anther, for having a cooler and more useful format for smashfests.
hm.... ye that's helpful ankoku,maybe i can make one of those tourney's at greggorobs or the other guys places but i'm goin to the traverse MGC this sat. (first ssbm tourney btw) lol

greggorob64

Smash Cadet
Here is my information for the Saline Smashfest.

Date: Sunday Aug12
Time: Noon until midnight

Greg Robertson
829 Valley Circle Drive
Apt. 101
Saline, MI 48176

Feel free to call with any questions.

Just a few small notes:

1) Don't park in covered parking. There are tons of parking spots, but you can't park under a canopy, you'll get towed.

2) riveroaks drive is freaking impossible to find. Once on michigan ave, you have to turn left onto riveroaks drive. The road is around a subway\bp\party store, and before a bakery.

IF YOU HAVEN'T BEEN HERE BEFORE, I GARUNTEE YOU'LL PROBABLY DRIVE RIGHT PAST RIVEROAKS DRIVE, WHICH IS WHERE MY APT COMPLEX IS LOCATED. IF YOU MAPQUEST MY ADDRESS, IT SOMETIMES CONFUSES VALLEY CIRCLE DRIVE WITH RIVEROAKS DRIVE, FEEL FREE TO CALL ME

Topichu

Smash Cadet
So whos smashin today (sat) near the detroit/dearborn area? I NEED some real practice if i'm gonna hold my own at the tourney on the 18th, cuz right now, i'm suckin kinda bad =_=

I would like to go to gregs on Sun, but that's my b-day and i got some... plans >_>

NarutoShocker

Smash Ace
I do post rarely and no my smashfest will not be happening. Ito's is way too good and would steal all the players. Since we have some good fests right now I probably won't host until I run out of gas money and SEMI starts becoming more active on the boards.

ItoBandito

Smash Apprentice
The Smashfest starts at 3 PM, doesn't end at a set time, just whenever everyone is gone. They used to run all night, and as always, people are welcome to crash here.

5 TVs still, and if someone can bring a copy of Smash we have 2 cubes.

(517)-285-3429
AIM: InsertBongHere

1301 Lake Lansing, East Lansing, MI, 48823

Topichu

Smash Cadet
The Smashfest starts at 3 PM
All right then, i'll be there. Is ita house? apt? Next to a store or business? Any landmarks so i know i'm in the right area?

I can bring a copy of Smash, but i can't tell you how long i plan to stay, but definitely not into the late hrs of the nite. I'll leave out about 2 so if something changes and you cant host or whatever let me know b4 then. I'd b ****ing pissed if i waste gas for nothin

greggorob64

Smash Cadet
i'll be there, bringing my wii and tv

anyone in the ann arbor\yspsi\saline area can call me for a ride

*removed*

greggorob64

Smash Cadet
going to repost this.... REMEMBER TO BRING CHAIRS!!! WE'LL NEED CHAIRS
Here is my information for the Saline Smashfest.

Date: Sunday Aug12
Time: Noon until midnight (latest)

Greg Robertson
829 Valley Circle Drive
Apt. 101
Saline, MI 48176

Feel free to call with any questions.

Just a few small notes:

1) Don't park in covered parking. There are tons of parking spots, but you can't park under a canopy, you'll get towed.

2) riveroaks drive is freaking impossible to find. Once on michigan ave, you have to turn left onto riveroaks drive. The road is around a subway\bp\party store, and before a bakery.

IF YOU HAVEN'T BEEN HERE BEFORE, I GARUNTEE YOU'LL PROBABLY DRIVE RIGHT PAST RIVEROAKS DRIVE, WHICH IS WHERE MY APT COMPLEX IS LOCATED. IF YOU MAPQUEST MY ADDRESS, IT SOMETIMES CONFUSES VALLEY CIRCLE DRIVE WITH RIVEROAKS DRIVE, FEEL FREE TO CALL ME

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
This smashfest was fun, but I do need to make some comments due to everything that happened. So, first, Smash-related stuff.

scotu: Ironman says you're better than me. : )

greggorob: Don't get hit.

Bigy: That part where I SD'd wasn't actually on accident. Your Falcon was so ridiculously amazing that I used the time you were respawning to run away and kill myself in fear.

Mikey: Hey, wait a sec, I didn't get to play against your Peach last night. : (

Luladin: And I didn't get to play you at all.

Rest of you: Fun games, and stuff.

Now, life-related stuff.

Heh, I don't know how the trip back managed to take three and a half hours, but it definitely shouldn't have. This will probably be my last thing to drive and take everyone to for the remainder of this summer, so until Sept. 2, nothing major for me, I suppose. Also, anyone know when the stores restock their Wiis? I pass by like two Targets and two Meijers every day on the way to work.

Randizzle

Smash Ace
check target, meijer, best buy, circuit city on sunday mornings. Check EB games or gamestop any time during the week (they get their shipments randomly and weekly).

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
lol, I walked to the Meijer during my lunch break today and they got me a Wii. Now I just need someone to offer up a copy of Smash for free or cheap.

greggorob64

Smash Cadet
*deleted. i don't know how to read the post above me*

This might be a dumb question, but how do I delete a posT?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom