• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The All Iowan Thread

FrozenFire13

Smash Ace
Who's crying? I=not crying. Brawls fun, just as competitive as Melee. But I'm gonna be faithful and patient. I mean how long did it take for all of the AT's in Melee to make an appearance? It hasn't even been a month yet. I'm gonna just give it time. Already a bunch of things have been discovered. Granted hardly any of them are useful, but still, progress is progress, true?

zyroqwa

Smash Apprentice
brawl is fun but not competitive wise but melee beats brawl fun and competitive wise. like billy said nice flag hey gary r u in CR ?
Marion is basically real close to Cedar Rapids.

If you heard in the other thread I'm going to have a smash thing this saturday, probably no school kids and I've only have heard from Billy being interested. If you wanted to come my address is 1248 13th street Marion, Iowa. It'd probably starting around 1:30. I can order subway for food or try making something. It'd probably end whenever too.

Chexr

Smash Ace
Is Iowa still going to the dumb and if they are who is staying with me tomorrow? Telling people good.

FrozenFire13

Smash Ace
I'm just blowing steam here, and I apologize, but why the hell can I not find any tournaments in Iowa!? I want to play other competition dammit. Does anyone know of ANYTHING happening this weekend in Des Moines???

NOVA1106

Smash Ace
if we start having weeklys or biweeklys here in cedar falls whose willling to travel to it.i know earthbowser is up to it so im asking the peeps around cedar falls earthbowser and i are gonna try to get more peeps into the comp scene

Fall

Smash Ace
I'm just blowing steam here, and I apologize, but why the hell can I not find any tournaments in Iowa!? I want to play other competition dammit. Does anyone know of ANYTHING happening this weekend in Des Moines???
I'll be free sunday but hrmm you play brawl though don't you

JBM falcon08

Smash Master
frozen fire you just said that it was just as competitive as melee on the post at the top and now your saying it isn't, which is it?

brawl sucks guys, its kinda fun but it will never live up to melee, all i do now is play with cf in brawl cuz echo showed me he is still hella fun to play with and play snes games that i buy off the wii channel.

Brawl is a let down to melee, and a let down to 64.

JasTiger

Smash Cadet
Brawl is fun. They did add a lot more randomness to the game and removed a lot of advanced things, but overall I think its an improvement. Anyways, I'm in Ames, lemme know if anything is happening in the DSM/Ames Area.

TehYoon

Smash Journeyman
Alright, the only ****ing reason you guys don't like Brawl is because you can't do your little tricks anymore. And it actually takes thought to play. Just because you cant wavedash or any of the fancy little tricks you can do in Melee you say it sucks. Last time I checked, BRAWL IS A NEW GAME, IT ISN'T SUPER SMASH BROS MELEE 2.

-Yoon

NOVA1106

Smash Ace
who said anything about not wavedashing or fancy tricks ruinning the game?the reason u like brawl is becasue u sucked in melee

FrozenFire13

Smash Ace
frozen fire you just said that it was just as competitive as melee on the post at the top and now your saying it isn't, which is it?

brawl sucks guys, its kinda fun but it will never live up to melee, all i do now is play with cf in brawl cuz echo showed me he is still hella fun to play with and play snes games that i buy off the wii channel.

Brawl is a let down to melee, and a let down to 64.
Oops, lol. My apologies. I forgot the word "not" in between the words "just" and "as" I rephrase, JUST NOT AS competitive as Melee. There. All cleared up.

Alright, the only ****ing reason you guys don't like Brawl is because you can't do your little tricks anymore. And it actually takes thought to play. Just because you cant wavedash or any of the fancy little tricks you can do in Melee you say it sucks. Last time I checked, BRAWL IS A NEW GAME, IT ISN'T SUPER SMASH BROS MELEE 2.

-Yoon
who said anything about not wavedashing or fancy tricks ruinning the game?the reason u like brawl is becasue u sucked in melee
Lol at TehYoon's pwnage.

TehYoon

Smash Journeyman

Compared to who? Iowa is like nothing compared to the Coast players. You wanna say people suck. Beat any of the people from the Coast. Then talk ****. I really don't care about sucking at a game. Really, who gives a ****. Maybe you do. I really don't give 2 ****'s if I'm good at a game or not. Keep running around with your huge ego/e-*****. The main reason why I like Brawl is because it's a fun game. I've played Melee and Brawl. Brawl actually keeps me interested. Melee makes me wanna stop playing after 10 minutes.

Sheer Cold

Smash Journeyman
Geez why is everyone hatein on everyone still. Smash is smash whether it's Melee or Brawl. People are going to have their preference but God **** I'm sick of seeing all the hate in these threads. It's not like either side is going to give in.

NOVA1106

Smash Ace
its not my fault if people dont knowthe word sarcasm.yoon do u realize that ive never played u so u shouldve known that i was just messing with u.other peesp have there own reason y they hate brawl and its not just because wavedashing and other little ticks arent in brawl.

Proficient (-BC-)

Smash Ace
I beat all of u in Melee and Brawl anyways end of arguement :)

Thats why everybody in DSM stopped hostin tournys for either Melee or Brawl cause they know
Proficient is too pro0o0 :bee:

-BC-

SenorPresidente

Smash Ace
Hehe i do agree that melee will probably be the game with more depth,even if it is still kinda weak to judge it when the game has only been out for a couple of weeks. But Brawl will be the new standard for better or for worse. Is the complaining ever gonna end?

NOVA1106

Smash Ace
well i dont think the complaining will ever end aslong as it remains a friendly debate then we should be fine.BTW melee is and always will be better than brawl

JBM falcon08

Smash Master
no brawl sucks. i'll admit it is fun but it isn't even interesting to watch unless ur playing cf. seriously, it has no depth to it, people who didn't place worth a **** before actually have a chance now.

also about the whole cost thing yoon, i went to FC, played real good players and to be honest its just who plays the smarter games and who has the tricks and to be honest alot of smashers are just average and then there are pros.

Yoon idk if you called me out or what but to say its bcuz there are no wd or shffl u know ur kinda right in my perspective, because now all noobs have to do will be to play smart and short hop. congrats.

JBM falcon08

Smash Master
k 100 dollar mm melee? wtf it won't let me spell melee? wow it won't let me spell mellee. anyways don't talk **** or u'll get mm in mellee.

i'm the biggest walking legend in iowa.

NOVA1106

Smash Ace
is it just me or does everybody else see my top post saying "BTW brawl is and always will be better than melee".its supposed to be the other way around.i went to edit it but its fine there.a haunting in the threads maybe? WTF it did it again

Waddle

Smash Ace
I hate SWF lol. They changed it so that if you typed st0ck it changes to t!me and if you spell Br@wl it changes to M3lee.

Anyways, it's funny how people are saying Br@wl is better than M3lee and I esspecially thought it was funny when Yoon said "In Br@wl you have to actually think now" or something along those lines. Dont be a fu.ckin newb. M3lee required 10x more thought than Br@wl. All Br@wl is, is newbs pressing buttons lol. As a matter of fact, it requires less thought now. Im gettin real good in Br@wl also, I wanna **** on this FrozenFire kid who thinks Dedede sux. Watch me CG that Snake all the way down the lane. JBM knows Im decent in Br@wl :_). And he's probably the best Br@wler in Iowa right now.

EDIT: LMAFO! If you spell out "mat.ter" you get the word "Penelopp3r". Great **** lol.

Waddle

Smash Ace
I wanna MM people who think they're good in B12awl. Yoon n Fire man, I want your money. $100 money match? Ill even drive down there for it :_).

Top Bottom