• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Aftermath: A Jigglypuff Combo Video

Noobicidal

Smash Master
I'm looking forward to watching this when I get home today. Don't fail me now.

M-WUZ-H3R3

Smash Lord
Vanz.....

Where the hell have you been? Why don't you come here more often?

That vid was great. You are an amazing jiggs. You abuse u-air and n-air; I like that :).

The only thing is your cousin's skill level. Is he/she good? You seemed very aggressive and every "combo" was linked smoothly. If you cousin is not the best brawler, you still did great. But against a very good one, you may have to be a little more defensive.

I loved the vid, and I am going to use U-air a little more now.

9/10

Veril

Frame Savant
Quite good. You shouldn't play that aggressively against MK though.

You've got a snazzy Jiggs. Jab-grab isn't a combo, but you use it well.

SR-71

Smash Apprentice
i smiled upon viewing the jiggly-**** in this vid.
i have a question (for VaNz and anyone): Do you turn off jumping with the control stick so u can u-air easier?

Maniclysane

Smash Lord
i have a question (for VaNz and anyone): Do you turn off jumping with the control stick so u can u-air easier?
The way to do it without jumping, is just use uair like a tilt. I do this because my c-stick is set to specials. If you have your c-stick set to smashes, you can do uair's with that and not move.

Veril

Frame Savant
No. I think tap-jump works very well in regards to aerial movement control. I like the feel of it a lot better. Just up-air with the c-stick or tilt the a-stick so as not to jump.

Cia

das kwl
yeah you're pretty good but the MK was horrible
Honestly, my cousin is at "decent" level, but he's not at my level. (he usually places somewhere around 9th-13th) But we did get A LOT of clips.. so i was bound to get some.. "defaming" footage.

Quite good. You shouldn't play that aggressively against MK though.

You've got a snazzy Jiggs. Jab-grab isn't a combo, but you use it well.
Oh yeah i know. but while recording, i knew that i was gonna use the footage for a combo vid, so i just went for outragous things hoping they'd work. i'd play a metaknight a lot more defensively if i got one in tournament. Thanks though. :D

Thanks, and yeah i turn off tap jump. and depending on the situation, i'd use X jump, Up + A button. or X jump, Up on C-stick (i use GC controller)

Vanz.....

Where the hell have you been? Why don't you come here more often?
Actually, until last weekend, i haven't played Brawl since November. It's a long story, but the short version: I play melee competitively, and too much brawl throws off my melee game alot :(. But Thanks i lot, and i'm really glad you enjoyed the video.

:colorful:

illinialex24

Smash Hero
Sorry but your opponents were rolling too much and you did way too much nair and uair approaching, which can be fairly punishable, and its most punishable against characters with fairly good disjointed hitboxes. IE, MK, Olimar and G&W... Which makes me think they weren't very good....

Veril

Frame Savant
Actually, until last weekend, i haven't played Brawl since November. It's a long story, but the short version: I play melee competitively, and too much brawl throws off my melee game alot :(.
Will we be seeing any more of your Jiggs?

Cia

das kwl
I know but if they got hit with uair and nair spacing that many times in 1 hour, theres something wrong.
you'll be surprised at what you can get caught in when your opponent is better than you are..

Veril - possibly. that really depends on wether i go to more brawl events or not. But i'll try and record some matches with ranked NY players.

:colorful:

RhedKing

Smash Journeyman
I'm already liking the seizure smiley, kind like you're signature attachment in any post.

Btw I checked out the rest of the vid and you do some pretty crazy stuff, you're determinately better than just pretty good.

I still think the MK was horrible

10horribleMks

Veril

Frame Savant
Veril - possibly. that really depends on wether i go to more brawl events or not. But i'll try and record some matches with ranked NY players.
I'm an unranked NY player. But I know a lot about Jigglypuff and play a decent one.

NYC?

GeneralWoodman

Smash Lord
watching ur opponents specifically alot of that stuff was just asking for a sheild grab. the olimar was sandbagging as well xd

Top Bottom