• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The 949 Smash Thread: RIP PacWest

Incronaut

Smash Ace
grats fly!!!! hope to see you around more... if at all...

spenser... i think what everyone is asking is whats wrong with staying with sheik? (since she's top tier too)

your sheik is pro :D

aaaaand charles, if no one else told you already, its by the administration building, close to the student center. i should be there tomorrow if its not raining :D

chiZZLeSD

Smash Lord
you have NOT seen my fox

it needs so much work it isn't even funny
dude fox is easy lol

don't play fox spenser

we don't need more spacies
hes probably right

aaaaand charles, if no one else told you already, its by the administration building, close to the student center. i should be there tomorrow if its not raining :D
ohhh fer sure. i wont be there tmrw, but i might be able to come on friday for jdm's if hes hosting something

Oh, I'll be doing mathematics.
youre a good man

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
you have NOT seen my fox

it needs so much work it isn't even funny
quoted for context: considering how low my techskill is at this point, i think i should spend a lot of time playing fox even though i don't plan to main fox

don't play fox spenser

we don't need more spacies
i gotta do it man, that techskill is calling out to me

spenser... i think what everyone is asking is whats wrong with staying with sheik? (since she's top tier too)

your sheik is pro :D
i'ma keep playing sheik, but the best way for me to learn the fundamentals is to practice it with fox for a while

dude fox is easy lol
again, you haven't seen my fox LOL

it's so hilariously bad just because i have no tech

that's masked by how i play sheik, but even my l-cancel timings suck. it's amazing that i actually manage to do anything at all...i need to just practice and get handspeed up with fox, THEN get better with sheik. it'll help with my vs. fox as well, which is basically just dying to pressure unless the other guy makes a mistake after which i can shieldgrab them. >_>

Incronaut

Smash Ace
wait. what school does gsub go to?..

and i know this is late, but i loved high school... ive actually had a pretty rough college experience so i'd say appreciate high school...

although all the free time during the day (if you dont need to study all the time) is pretty nice

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaand yeah i get it spenser haha techskill is always nice... and even with all the spacies around here (its not THAT much is it?) i still feel like i need spacie practice the most for my spacie :p

chiZZLeSD

Smash Lord
quoted for context: considering how low my techskill is at this point, i think i should spend a lot of time playing fox even though i don't plan to main fox
yeah this game rewards tech skill a little too much, but its not everything lol. i'll play some fox with you if im able to come up this weekend

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaand yeah i get it spenser haha techskill is always nice... and even with all the spacies around here (its not THAT much is it?) i still feel like i need spacie practice the most for my spacie :p
there arent TOO too many in irvine, but def too many in the world. just like spenser, i'll play some space animals against you if i get the chance to come up this weekend

to everyone: im not offering to play people certain matchups because i think im amazing or anything like that, lol but i CAN recognize patterns in people's styles quickly and might have something to offer to you if you wanna work on something. AND, if i randomly pick a random character or something, or look like im not trying, i dont mean anyone any disrespect, im just trying to work on something myself :p

DJMirror

Smash Master
KirbyRaeg speaks the truth

playing fox will help you get tech skills (which its why i'm playing him alot with JDM, Thanks JDM)

which should of you players dont move fast enough and tend to **** up on your edgeguarding ( *Stares at Rei*)

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest
i get all my fox shine gimps when necessary

i know i need tech skill but i don't even care about this game as i used to

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest
sorry gsub but i don't have as much time as i used to. i can't even practice anymore

i never told any of you other than jason and dave but i quit this game competitively a long time ago as in last year

i only went to pat's house to see pat but i wasn't even considering going until last minute

i only play when i have the chance and that's only when jason calls

i like hanging out with you guys too much to completely leave

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
what is saddleback? >_<

also smash, competitive or not, is hella fun

just getting together once in a while feels hella good

DJMirror

Smash Master
saddleback is a college next to the mission viejo mall

Rei! RAMEN! THIS SUNDAY WTFOMGRAMEN4$3 AHAHAHAHAHHA WHAT A DEAL!!!!!!!

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest
i can't its my dad's birthday and i am deciding to go see him

actually i might since i'll tell them i'll go back to irvine early

what time?

hell i'll just tell them to go too

DJMirror

Smash Master
goddammit rei you always get ***** so hard

I should make a 949 ***** tier list

Top Tier: Rei and Stab

Sup Stab the beach was really fun hahaha

the friendlies was fun (I hella ***** Deadshot so bad haha)

GSUB

Smash Lord
god tier is actually G~Low.

He has random quinceneiras and dmv appointments and family things happen randomly.

Or he's God Tier on most/best johning.

EDIT: Also, when the heck did I reach my 1,337th post ='( ..... didn't even get to enjoy it...

DJMirror

Smash Master
nah zhu is the best john in 949

During Pat's house

He left the tournament early so he can go somewhere in LA with his gf

so he drove from SD back to Irvine to pick up his gf then go to LA and when they got there, some funny happen and they ended up doing nothing at LA hahaha

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest
yeah my schedule is really gay

that's why when i mention i can't make it way ahead of time i mean it

atm march 6 is free i think

i haven't really looked at my syllabus nor care

since i wanna go to tournament again

DJMirror

Smash Master
i remember you guys mention there were rocks that was stabbing you guys (no pun intended)

Kira-

Smash Champion
Today was ****, thanks everyone who came. Next time I swear I will **** everybody (for real this time lol).

Oh, I'll be doing mathematics.
That's awesome, I love math lol. Even though I am quite behind on it. Are you in the 1% of college students that actually has a clue of what they want to do as a career yet or no?

also smash, competitive or not, is hella fun

just getting together once in a while feels hella good
completely agree

*fetal position*
lol

lol, thats pretty much all ive been doing.
I rubbed it so much in the past 5 mins. lol
LOL

I accept all the MMs and serious friendlies

Thundercloud

Smash Journeyman
I got pink eye freshman year in the dorms. Sucks pretty hard. It lasted 2-3 days, but I got some medicated eyedrops from the doctor that helped.

Grad student math major? Sounds intense. I like math and all, but proofs kill all the fun. Linear algebra is as far as I wanted to go.

Kira-

Smash Champion
I ***** your **** today Dave

ahh I'm feeling myself just for today >=)
Me and Mike will **** you next time

got some lucky fsmashes but I got Cameron figured out now, so it's just all **** from now on ;)

Kira-

Smash Champion
Nah, I was pretty impressed by your out of shield game, so I'm gonna play a bit safer, gonna bait some moves instead of trying to muscle through them with tech skill shield pressure.

It's true though, you don't approach too often so it's better to just 2v1 Jason instead. I gotta learn to work with Mike a little better though, we keep hitting each other really badly lol.

Jason I'll take that MM

DJMirror

Smash Master
prepare to lose that 25 cents, i'm going to get some bubblegum with that $$$

I call dibs on the color blue

Top Bottom