• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The 949 Smash Thread: RIP PacWest

Thundercloud

Smash Journeyman
I look forward to our next match, Matt.

Are you guys going to be boothing in the rain? The forecast looks pretty crappy for the rest of the week. :/

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
wait, you guys played melee at the booth? XDDDD

I might have to stop in before class sometime, most of my stuff is in the mid afternoon

chiZZLeSD

Smash Lord
sooooo uh.. im at uci right now... aaaand my girlfriend has class from 12 to 1250... where's this booth that everyones talking about?!

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
sooooo uh.. im at uci right now... aaaand my girlfriend has class from 12 to 1250... where's this booth that everyones talking about?!
it's by the cross cultural center, which is in close by the student center (i think)

i might stop by after my math class at 2 lol, but i have two midterms on wednesday :/

my directions are terrible >_>

chiZZLeSD

Smash Lord
oh we're gonna watch a movie after her class T__T ... but yeah i dont even have my controller with me. i just was wondering if a bunch of people (or anyone) would be playing while my gf was in chem lol

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest
i would go but i have a book to finish and paper on it due tomorrow

so no can do

Kira-

Smash Champion
I'm currently accepting all $1 MMs against my Puff. Pound 4 rules, 1-2-1 stage striking, any characters, preferably a best of 5 set. If you want to play a serious set but don't want to risk money, contact me via visitor message, PM, or in-person and we'll consider other options (I have a few in mind depending on skill level and characters used).

I won't decline ever, so go ahead and please ask as often as you like. I'm flexible on the ruleset and terms- more than anything I just want as much tournament-like experience as possible.

Also since this is a new character I'd like to play everyone and anyone so I can learn what to do against as many different styles as possible. I'm free after 3:20pm Mon-Thurs, until 9pm on Mon/Tues/Thursdays and until 7:30pm on Wednesdays (but I'm not available this Wednesday). Friday after 12pm, Sunday after 11:30am. Friday nights and Saturdays are usually completely busy because of johns, and sometimes I decline to get work done, but otherwise those are my times and I'll let people know if I can play on weekends.

Most likely I'll be continuing my trend of not going to tournaments so don't depend on that.

DJMirror

Smash Master
Your puff my ganon on Green green

with items only

we'll play with 1 stock only with 300%

ya dig?

Kira-

Smash Champion
is this limited to your puff only?
I'd rather have you play my Puff. Nobody likes playing against Puff in friendlies so this is the best way to go. So yeah pretty much just Puff.

Your puff my ganon on Green green

with items only

we'll play with 1 stock only with 300%

ya dig?
Um,

I just want as much tournament-like experience as possible.
No.

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO GTFO ALL YOU OTHER PUFFS!!!!!!!!!!!!! GAH!!!!!!!
RAGING!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why do I HATE every other puff player SOOOO MUCHHH!!?!

-.-

I have problems...
my friend plays puff

i play bad puff :bee:

also, i ran past the booth while late to class and saw you guys there...god**** i hate being late to class

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest
I'd rather have you play my Puff. Nobody likes playing against Puff in friendlies so this is the best way to go. So yeah pretty much just Puff.
i'll text randomly when i'm able to. i'm not so free this week.

but it would be $1 my sheik and marth

also are you willing to stay and play afterwards?

we can do your puff and falco v my marth and shiek

Thundercloud

Smash Journeyman
Haha, I totally stood at that booth for 2 hours.

Squid is pretty ****. Too good, man.
To my teammate Matt, sorry I kneed you.
To the other dude Matt, haha! I kneed you!
And it was nice to finally meet you, devl_akuma.

Next time, I'm bringing my own controller.

DJMirror

Smash Master
I learn something last night...Denny's Cheese Fries is a huge rip off >=(

one small *** bowl of fries with melted cheese and like 2 pieces of bacon...for 5 bucks? geez...

(<3 starbuck! free internet!!!!!)

GSUB

Smash Lord
I love King's combo videos, but I recently went back to watch some of his matches, and he's not as amazing as I remembered...

But I AM pretty much over resting now, and try and go for combos when possible (unless in tournament... lol)
or playing against marth or something where i have to rest...

Incronaut

Smash Ace
I'm currently accepting all $1 MMs against my Puff. Pound 4 rules, 1-2-1 stage striking, any characters, preferably a best of 5 set. If you want to play a serious set but don't want to risk money, contact me via visitor message, PM, or in-person and we'll consider other options (I have a few in mind depending on skill level and characters used).

I won't decline ever, so go ahead and please ask as often as you like. I'm flexible on the ruleset and terms- more than anything I just want as much tournament-like experience as possible.

Also since this is a new character I'd like to play everyone and anyone so I can learn what to do against as many different styles as possible. I'm free after 3:20pm Mon-Thurs, until 9pm on Mon/Tues/Thursdays and until 7:30pm on Wednesdays (but I'm not available this Wednesday). Friday after 12pm, Sunday after 11:30am. Friday nights and Saturdays are usually completely busy because of johns, and sometimes I decline to get work done, but otherwise those are my times and I'll let people know if I can play on weekends.

Most likely I'll be continuing my trend of not going to tournaments so don't depend on that.
$1 mm my fox. i dont know what 1-2-1 stage striking is cause it could be 1-2-2-1 or 1-2-1-2 so yeah...

or we can play massive seriouslies.. i dont mind puffs

DJMirror

Smash Master
anyone down to play today? GSUB couldn't hold one

NVM me, kira, deadshot and GSUB are heading to Saltcreek Beach right now

Come join us fukers!

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
*waves hand similar to that in Star Wars*

"No you do not."

stick with your sheik or else what's the pointttt?? :mad:
the point of what?

if i'm playing high(er) tier i'm following what i set out to do

i wasn't serious about puff, but i really just want to get good with a high tier character

it's going to be fox once i have a cube to practice on (i.e. summer)

Man I hate high school

MAN I HATE HIGH SCHOOL
LEARN TO LIKE IT DAMMIT IT'S GOOD FOR YOU

chiZZLeSD

Smash Lord
I'm currently accepting all $1 MMs against my Puff.
i wanna learn how to play puff (:
is playing puff the new 'in' thing now? actually nvm i remember dave wanting to learn puff like... a year ago maybe? lol not sure, but i'd be down to mm once or twice next time im up

Dude, Charles, where were you? I was out there from 11am. Now I'm sitting in class. =\
i didnt know where the booth was :[ ... tell me! tell me!

i wasn't serious about puff, but i really just want to get good with a high tier character

it's going to be fox once i have a cube to practice on (i.e. summer)
fox is broken lol, but i think you'd make a great fox

I'll be going to UCI for grad school!
niiiiice! what will you be studying?

Top Bottom