• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The 949 Smash Thread: RIP PacWest

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
do you think there'll be a lot of melee interest at that though?

looks like mostly computer gaming to me (starcraft <3)

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest
well it says they are going to have consoles like NES to new gen consoles.

it also mentions we are allowed to bring our own setups. we can all go and help create interest by having a setup with melee consistently on.

edit - make sure to sign up or you won't be able to enter. it looks like any school can go.

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
hey spenser, are you taking econ 20 b? i've got mine tonight at 8:30, woohoo...?
yup

i'm checking it out...it's probably going to be almost exactly the same as last quarter though

also, it's $10 to enter a specific event, but free to go into the 'open gaming' zone where we'd have melee and stuff

MacD

Banned via Administration
cool cool, i was wondering who the professer was and when i was looking up books it said mendez and if so, that's exciting

and i wonder how these guys got that room and tv's/how much it was... i mean that would be the perfect place to host the next arcadian tourney you know, or even a regional

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest
I took a look at the sign up page and I didn't see any pricing, so is it free to get in?

Also they asked for year, so is it only for UCI students?
yeah its free to get in as long as you sign up your able to enter.

make something up. lol

its open gaming i doubt they actually check since they allow different schools

we can always ask how much it is for the room in the front of the student center. this is a sponsored event, so whatever group is hosting this probably put in a lot of work.

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
they probably have more leverage as an official club, plus they have sponsorships that probably are covering at least some of the cost of renting the room and equipment they would need to setup and run the tournaments.

if there were an official gaming club...we might get results. I don't think they have much equipment beyond the LAN servers themselves though since they're asking people to bring their own laptops/setups/etc.

DJMirror

Smash Master
If GREV X can't be a regional tournament by the time it arrive, then skip GREV X, go to GREV XI

JDM

Smash Champion
My Acekard 2. It let's you play every single DS game, music, plays movies, stores pics, use apps etc.

You can buy it from me for $40. (About the cost of 1 DS game.)

DJMirror

Smash Master
My Acekard 2. It let's you play every single DS game, music, plays movies, stores pics, use apps etc.

You can buy it from me for $40. (About the cost of 1 DS game.)
I thought i was going to buy it from you?

JDM

Smash Champion
The market price(the original price that I bought it for) was around $35. But this site has it priced lower.

http://www.modchipcentral.com/store/flash-carts/ (You will most likley have to pay shipping as well)

I am also including my 4GB SDHC card which I got for around $10 and my RAM expansion pack.(Which you can only get if you buy the DS Browser)

It has slight similarities to the Nintendo 64 Expansion Pak. The Nintendo DS Browser is the only official Nintendo DS software that requires this hardware, but it has been suggested that the expansion could be used for other software, including optional graphical updates that would allow a better experience if the card is inserted, in addition to other games that could require the expansion. However, it has been utilized in a number of pieces of homebrew software such as DSLinux unofficially. It has also been cloned as part of the EZ Flash 3-in-1 SLOT-2 device.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nintendo_DS_Browser

AceKard 2 $21.95 + Est $5~7 shipping
4GB SDHC Card = $10
RAM Expansion pack/EZ 3 in 1 Flash (your choice cause they both cost the same) = $30.00

So if you would have bought everything on your own it would be well over $40.

@Jason If you're serious about buying it then hit me up and i'll sell it to you.

StringTape

Smash Cadet
Yee Yee Irvine!

If there is any tournaments in Irvine or somewhere close Let me know because i would like to go to one with some of my friends. :)

Don't expect anything amazing from us but it seems like fun. :D

Also What is TBA?

DJMirror

Smash Master
To Be Announce

I'm going to assume you play melee? Cuz no one in this area play brawl

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest
just keep posting in the thread.

usually there is a smashfest somewhere on fridays.

ask whoever is available during the week.

someone is usually free.

TravisT

Smash Apprentice
Pretty much everyone seems to have a falcon as a secondary.

JDM, are you still doing the ban matches? I haven't played a whole lot of melee these past weeks, so I'd look forward to those matches.

JDM

Smash Champion
I'm having a smashfest on Friday at my place. My old friend that has a Supra/the white Marth player at Grev V will be there. If we have more than 6 players then we will do those matches.

Top Bottom