• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The 949 Smash Thread: RIP PacWest

JDM

Smash Champion
I used to watch The OC religiously when I was in 6th grade. My very first AIM account was called theocfrk11 rofl.

I can't see the red text very well on my itouch.

The Greater Leon

Smash Hero
arc -> warc -> v. akiha -> back to warc :(

i want to play v. akiha but i might settle for akiha if she's still similar but drastically better

warc is ez

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest
well there are 3 styles to each character

crescent (speed, most similar to mbac), half (simple), full (power, if you like GG then this style is good)

i know for F-V.Akiha, she has really good stage control and zoning plus a corner loop.

C-Akiha still has great rushdown and pretty solid, only her damage modifier was changed. her BnBs are slightly different from mbac. you also see a lot of H and F Akihas.

both akiha are really solid but F-V.Akiha is slightly better.

i never played as either arcs, but i see more of C-W.Arc

also F-moon has shorter BnBs, most of the times.

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest
yes, currently 3 of the 4 S tiers are H

they are Kohaku, V.Sion, Shiki

the 4th is C-Mech

in the arcade version (vanilla ver), H-Akiha and H-Aoko were also top tier

too bad H-Aoko got nerfed badly

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest
sorta. lol

the console port is ver.A. japan's arcade is ver.A also.

there are only like a few mbaa cabs in the us one in AI,, NY's chinatown, and TX's UFO being the vanilla ver. the community decided to play ver.A since that is the balancement used in the japanese arcade.

plus aoko was basically godly in vanilla ver.

kyuubi from MBread said:
The old Aoko in mbaa gains 180% meter in 1 full combo, has triple air jump, spammable power waves, unblockable beam set up that's quite hard to avoid, and not to mention the old system regen was insane. You also get nearly all her skill set with air dodge and parry. Not to mention the pretty sick damage from the full combos, charged 5C + 4C makes it untechable.

DJMirror

Smash Master
Ok this Friday I'm planning to go to dunskies place so is anyone down to go? After 2pm I'm free for the whole day! Let me know if you want to go

chiZZLeSD

Smash Lord
its cool anthony. jason, if i were to go with you, what time would you come back?

edit: and are you driving or do i have to follow you lol

chiZZLeSD

Smash Lord
ohhh hmmm.. i'll let you know later tonight. if anything i'll just drive, because im supposed to help people study for finals

DJMirror

Smash Master
i'm sure there is but no one announce it early

wait there is a santa ana one on the 27th of dec.

go to wintergamefest rob!

DJMirror

Smash Master
thanks jdm for the thread title but did you get my text about going to klap trap?

I'm also taking you to connor for sure so just get ready

Top Bottom