• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The 949 Smash Thread: RIP PacWest

TravisT

Smash Apprentice
Can't believe you're going to use a computer like that to play Football Manager.

Opened a crate yesterday. Got a strange Eyelander. -_-

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest
on max settings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lol

idk i might play a few games with you guys and mbaacc on pc

but i'm mostly just gonna watch anime and work on a second monitor

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest
i have it already

i bought it when it wasn't free

i have the orange box and never installed it lol

Glöwworm

Smash Lord
Oh, okay. Well, install it when you have your new PC up and running lol. Make sure to do it at a time when you have a lot of free time (and bandwidth). It's gonna download a couple gigs of updates :laugh:

TravisT

Smash Apprentice
Also, get Crysis when it's on a Steam sale or something. Every member of the PC Gaming Elite must experience the glory that is Crysis's graphics. It's also fun sucker punching Koreans in the jungle. (No offense to any actual Koreans)

EDIT: Wow, Valve is trolling the TF2 trading community so hard. First, they make Paper Hats uncraftable, screwing over everyone who hoarded tons of the hats. Then, after they started selling them away for cheap to get at least some metal back, they made them craftable again.

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest
that's such a good deal

too bad i can't save up fast enough

plus i sorta hate alienware cases but for that price idgaf

iRTuan

Smash Journeyman
that's such a good deal

too bad i can't save up fast enough

plus i sorta hate alienware cases but for that price idgaf
Alienware's got good computers but they're always overpriced. With this deal, it's not overpriced anymore XD

Alienware has ****ing amazing computers. That going for 1000 is legendary.
1100, but legendary nonetheless.

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest
i know what alienware is

i just hate how it's overpriced and their cases look like kid ****

Signia

Smash Lord
oh yeah before I forget

Ryan,

the "smashboard" of SC5 is 8wayrun right?

I have someone who's gonna pick up SC5

is it ok if I pass your PSN to him? He wanna get into it
Yes, 8wayrun.com is the SC community site. Right now there's just SCV speculation going on there right now, SCIV is at the end of its life with SCV's release date in a little over 3 months.

You can give them my PSN ID (Signia949 for those who don't know), but there are zero tournaments ahead of me and I'm very busy so I won't be online often. Once my schedule calms down I'm thinking of focusing on SFIV until SCV comes out, and as for offline, honestly I'd rather play SCII than IV right now unless they're really good (SCII is amazing).

The basics of SC are pretty simple, if you know the basics of Tekken or VF, you can play SC somewhat competently. The depth comes from the character asymmetry, stage positioning, and zone management (kinda like Melee!).

Glöwworm

Smash Lord
I used to think Alienware was the **** until I realized that you can save a bunch of money building your own PC instead of buying Alienware
and Apple ;)

iRTuan

Smash Journeyman
I used to think Alienware was the **** until I realized that you can save a bunch of money building your own PC instead of buying Alienware
and Apple ;)
which is the reason why i only bought one when i can save a bunch of money.

Signia

Smash Lord
I'll agree with that, but Ryan's already an addict. It's too late for him. :(
I'll never understand how you can like Tekken, but not Soul Calibur. Unless really like that juggles last a couple seconds longer or you hate weapons. Tekken is jabby, campy, and stiff. Learn some weapon martial arts in your chinese martial arts club and try out SCV when it comes out, you'll change your tune.

I hate how SC2 = Soul Calibur 2 = Starcraft 2 and SCV = Soul Calibur V = Starcraft Terran SCV. you're supposed to use roman numerals for the Soul series but it's still confusing

stabbedbyanipple

Smash Master
I don't actually dislike soul calibur. It's a nice game. It's just that if I had to learn a fighter on a current gen console, it'd be tekken. (Law being the coolest fighting game character ever also helps)

And I will learn a weapon martial art!...But you don't usually start with weapons until you're about 3 years into it.

DJMirror

Smash Master
**** SFXT...**** the Gem System

and **** Ono if he's going to make CVS3 like MVC3 since he been talking about it

CVS series will KOF popular tho...****

Top Bottom