• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The 949 Smash Thread: RIP PacWest

JDM

Smash Champion
Starts at 7 but it will end near 9:30ish.

I think it costs 5 to get in but I think know a way to sneak in.

iRTuan

Smash Journeyman
me too

and i have finally shot two crockets in a row

what isn't worth too much that i can raffle?

stabbedbyanipple

Smash Master
Okay, so Ryan, I'll pick you up by 10:30 (I'm being serious!)

And then Tuan/Paul, expect me to be there by 11.

Fly isn't going, but there's a good chance I'll fill up the last spot. But if anyone in Irvine wants to go, then tell me.

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
Okay, so Ryan, I'll pick you up by 10:30 (I'm being serious!)

And then Tuan/Paul, expect me to be there by 11.

Fly isn't going, but there's a good chance I'll fill up the last spot. But if anyone in Irvine wants to go, then tell me.
I was thinking about going, but I realized that I have two midterms on Tuesday, so I'd rather not do it. :[

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
BAND FREE PERIOD. LIVIN' THE GOOD LIFE. too bad I don't have smash

:phone:
tuan you piece of ****

get back to work

i don't care that it's a free period, you have better things to do than be on smashboards

-posted from shoumei's econ 100a class

p.s. i'm not in 100a, i'm just here cuz i'm bored

Signia

Smash Lord
wow, SFxTK is now not only a no-buy for me due to the other games I want to spend time on, but also a no-play: http://shoryuken.com/2011/10/23/why...ns-gems-could-be-problematic-for-tournaments/

Of course, it'd be fun to mess around in the game like we did with the Neo Geo and Capcom mashup FGs.

It brings a tear to my eye every time someone lists all the other games the FG community could play instead and they list SC5 :')

JDM

Smash Champion
We have a chance to remake
Killer Instinct
and want some ideas on how to make this game sell.

iRTuan

Smash Journeyman
paul i didn't even realize that was your raffle until i saw your picture on steam and checked.

GMhyprid

Smash Apprentice
It's been too long since I've played Melee. I'm ready to play again...

and get a ride to Grev if possible.

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
the callout!

who's goin to grev: i'll money match somebody to not sit in the middle seat: pride match round # 1093563463603462.

JDM

Smash Champion
Got a crate 30 from a 20 man raffle and unboxed a Strange Kritzkrieg. I'm hoping to get a earbud by tonight!

AntoPark

Smash Lord
****, you guys. We rely on other people way to drive too much. I'll drive, hit me up with your addresses or I'm just going to collectively pick you guys up from some spot that's convenient for me. So far I have Kevin and Spenser. I'm assuming Fly and/or Spark would want rides as well?

Signia

Smash Lord
Good stuff Anto

i dunno, it depends what it's in

any fighting game besides melee? yeah
melee? maybe
tetris? **** no *****
Soul Calibur 2 is the obvious choice

don't forget to bring it (somebody)

On a different note, Melee is fun again when I play Pikachu. He really does seem like a viable character. Having Upsmash to finish people off guaranteed makes things so much easier, not to mention excellent gimps, a projectile, and the speed that allows approach and control of spacing. I could just play Fox but he gets murdered if you make a mistake.

Pikachu also has:

-a 6 frame out of shield option in uair out of shield, 4 frames to jump, 2 frames for uair. It hits standing opponents into a combo and is safe to crouch cancels into standing attacks.

-dtilt, which can be used as a standing poke on shields outside of shieldgrab ranges, and is ridiculously safe. You may see Axe just randomly throwing this move out when it's not even in range. That's because it recovers so fast it barely matters if it whiffs. If it does hit, and it's not crouch cancelled, this fast recovery allows you to press the advantage even from its short hitstun. It's completely spammable.

-an excellent recovery, especially when you can sweetspot and ledge cancel consistently

-a really obnoxiously good edgeguard with ftilt and tailspike. Even more annoying, his backthrow rolls back a lot before throwing, making it dangerous to fight pikachu when he's by the edge but still has room to dash dance grab, even at low percents. The length of the stage where you can position-reversed off the edge is much bigger thanks to that rolling back throw.

-an upthrow that chain grabs fastfallers and combos everyone else. I don't think you guys know about the vicious guaranteed combos from zero percent that are possible on Marth.

-no really bad matchups, as far as I know. Puff and Sheik maybe? Idk, Pika has the tools to **** falcon and spacies (gimps, chain grabs, oos options) and kill floaties early (with upsmash)

Top Bottom