• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The 949 Smash Thread: RIP PacWest

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest
did the stream actually work after like a day later?

i gave up and starting playing on steam lol

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest
west coast

atlus put this on the thread

Wobbles (4) beats G$ (4)
Wobbles (3) beats Ihavespaceballs (4)
Wobbles (1) loses Cyrain (4)
Hugs (4) beats Cyrain (3)
Hugs (1) loses Hbox (4)
Lucky (4) loses Hbox (4)
Shroomed (4)beats Hbox (3)
Shroomed (1)loses Hax (4)
Axe (4) loses Hax (4)
Lucien (4) beats Hax (1)
Lucien (2) loses M2K (4)
Fly Amanita (4) beats M2K (3)
Fly Amanita (3) beats D'oH (4)
Fly Amanita (1) loses Tope (4)
SilentWolf (4) loses Tope (4)
Lovage (4) beats Tope (2)
Lovage (2) loses Dark (4)
Mango (4) beats Dark (2)
Mango (4) beats PP(4)

AntoPark

Smash Lord
Genesis was mad fun/hype. I tried my best, didn't make it out of first round pools. I'm not too disappointed anymore even though I was pretty salty right after I lost(mostly because I made some choksie mistakes). I'm just going to try my best to get better since I know that samus is actually a pretty good character. I met a bunch of people and saw a bunch of amazing sets. I don't think I'm going to **** around with secondaries besides warming up and sheik, so I apologize for any future overly annoying/defensive matches.

Fly_Amanita

Master of Caribou
Hey guys. Since Strong Bad is going to be here for the next 10 or so days, it'd be cool if smash stuff near UCI happens a decent amount in the upcoming week. I'm down to play more or less whenever.

AntoPark

Smash Lord
Hey, anyone can smash with me at my house as long as you give me like an hourish warning tomorrow and most of the week. Just facebook/pm me for my number/address.

JDM: :[

Signia

Smash Lord
I was so salty in the one match I played against michael (I guess) :(

SSFIV is really frustrating. Mainly because you will probably get hurt bad if you miss a link. Since they''l be mashing DP since there's reason not to. **** like that never happens in 3D fighters... you drop your juggle, it's ok, they're knocked down.

Other stuff that's difficult is no biggie, I just gotta get some experience. Makoto is really hard. Her combos aren't that difficult, but the rest of her is. Instant aerial axe kick feels like a necessity and half the time I'll do an unsafe rising jump kick. I can't hit confirm for **** either... I feel like I have to guess whether my poke will hit, and if I guess wrong they just blocked an unsafe move. Also it seems like every normal I throw out should either be canceled into the dash punch or the dash punch cancel, which is really taxing.
I've never raged so much about an online game either. I get punished sooo hard for my own technical errors... and I still tear up whenever I think about my loss to some Juri masher. IF I CANT BEAT THAT WHO CAN I BEAT D:

chiZZLeSD

Smash Lord
^ smash is your first game too right? i've had similar problems coming up. or the absolute hardest thing i had to adjust to is the "approach" .. since i was so used to falcon's cracked out *** running around twice as fast as everyone else. buuuuuut i realized you dont have to go straight into a whole block string when you get in. if your execution in long links isnt all that then you can go for easier punishes and work your way up.

like i play oni and all i really try to do when i have the opportunity to punish is that 2-hit target combo into tatsu or dp. yeah its not super long or flashy but it works for me for now til i can pull some crazy wildcat ****

if youre just coming up then i would suggest working your way up too. go with whats easy for now until your execution is hella good. then go nuts. and im not amazing at all... im C ranked LOL. anthony knows me as "freeSD"

.. ps: add me on psn. "chizzlesd"

DJMirror

Smash Master
TBH one of those matches was me when I played against you Ryan, I'm sure you can tell who was who by looking at the tech skills.

OkamiBW

Smash Champion
I need to learn the Peach matchup. I had 3 peaches in my pool (Light, DarkAtma, and H3***). I did lose to trahh, but I actually had more game wins than he did. :/ At any rate, I choked, but meh, my tech skill was fairly on point in friendlies. I can't wait for the next tournament, be it local or regional.

Fly_Amanita

Master of Caribou
Is anybody down to play tonight?

Also, Strong Bad would like to go to the beach eventually, so we should arrange a seaside get-together.

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest
i can host but i'm going to take a nap

call me if you guys decide to come here lol

Top Bottom