• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The 949 Smash Thread: RIP PacWest

Kira-

Smash Champion
I fking hate melee so much that I feel disgusted playing it.

**** Kira's stupid *** mario, F*** Maple's stupid rolling/spot dodge habits, F*** getting knee'd, peach dsmash'd and other lame stuff by boss, F*** getting 80% for no reasons when you're get hit by your own partner for 1 thing while you're getting juggle and you have to spend at least a minute pressing upBing/teching offstage while you're getting edgeguard while your partner is getting grabbed on hold and stupid *** gimps on DL64

and when you're playing low tiers, that **** doesn't apply to you for some unknown reason.

LOL I'm sorry, I could tell you were frustrated yesterday. I know how that feels, especially stupid stuff that's not your fault or that you can't do anything about just because it's teams. I learned from Kyle and Richard that you can just roll/spotdodge and spam stuff like that in teams and get away with it. Indeed sometimes I get away with spamming downsmash like crazy just because teams is dumb.

Just remember that it's just teams and not all of Melee and you'll be alright =P

fuh man.....
Haha, or you could just play a lot. You'll just get better automatcially since you're naturally talented.

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
LOL I'm sorry, I could tell you were frustrated yesterday. I know how that feels, especially stupid stuff that's not your fault or that you can't do anything about just because it's teams. I learned from Kyle and Richard that you can just roll/spotdodge and spam stuff like that in teams and get away with it. Indeed sometimes I get away with spamming downsmash like crazy just because teams is dumb.

Just remember that it's just teams and not all of Melee and you'll be alright =P
my post wasn't directed at your wall of text, it was directed at jason's RAEG.

but yes, i am definitely down to smash like whenever on campus...you (everybody) should text me. actually, i'm bored almost all the time but don't sign on aim, instead spending my time doing weird stuff. so shoot me a text at 209-261-4640 whenever, tell me who you are, and yeah. let's do stuff.

man, i know all about doing dumb stuff in teams. lol.

Incronaut

Smash Ace
Btw i just wanted to do the awards for kicks, they've always been done in the past and i thought it'd be fun. but then i stopped cause there were too many bad awards and i dont think thats necessary lol, and also i couldnt keep it unbiased so yeah
i would do this if i knew people better.. but i thought about it, and if someone gets a negative award, you can just give them a positive one too so its kinda fair... esp since some negative awards are too tempting NOT to give out

stabbedbyanipple

Smash Master
I fking hate melee so much that I feel disgusted playing it.

**** Kira's stupid *** mario, F*** Maple's stupid rolling/spot dodge habits, F*** getting knee'd, peach dsmash'd and other lame stuff by boss, F*** getting 80% for no reasons when you're get hit by your own partner for 1 thing while you're getting juggle and you have to spend at least a minute pressing upBing/teching offstage while you're getting edgeguard while your partner is getting grabbed on hold and stupid *** gimps on DL64

and when you're playing low tiers, that **** doesn't apply to you for some unknown reason.

Been telling you man

Doubles suck lol

DJMirror

Smash Master
Dude doubles can be fun with the right people but it can be stupid with certain people, when someone tries to tell you not to camp but he's playing an character that has alot of long range attacks like wtf am I suppose to do? and when you try to approach, he's just sit back there like are you ****ing kidding me? I hate playing with those people

Jun.

Smash Lord
Dude doubles can be fun with the right people but it can be stupid with certain people, when someone tries to tell you not to camp but he's playing an character that has alot of long range attacks like wtf am I suppose to do? and when you try to approach, he's just sit back there like are you ****ing kidding me? I hate playing with those people
melee = camping

all fighting games = camping

DJMirror

Smash Master
At this rate, I might be throwing my controller and pull an S2J (calling someone an ****face)

Lovage

Smash Hero
Example: Mango and Joey never play a ff game in their live and Joey/Stab are playing FF X as their first FF game but Oscar (Lovage) loves FF 9 and I assume that his first FF game (Correct me if I'm wrong Lovage)

and if you're born like 1995 or above
GG and sucks that you missed out alot of good games or you'll think FF12 and FF13 is soo ****

namesearching works again so i saw this gay post

my first final fantasy games were ff4 and ff6 when i was a kid, i love those games.

then i played tactics and ff9, those games are pretty good too. tactics is probably in my top 5 favorite games.

then i played ff10 which is pretty good too and underrated

my brother really likes ff12 (hes like 25) but i never got into it much

Kira-

Smash Champion
i would do this if i knew people better.. but i thought about it, and if someone gets a negative award, you can just give them a positive one too so its kinda fair... esp since some negative awards are too tempting NOT to give out
Yea true.. we just had stuff like "least fun to play against" lol, i didnt think it was needed but we could just get rid of it. anyway i think jason would be a good panelist for this

LOL btw i started camping sooo hard against that character, didnt feel like losing to it lol i think thats why we're doing a bit better in teams, I'm camping harder and you're better at holding your own now. sorry for doing ******** needles from across the stage tho, im really bad at doing it the way m2k does

DJMirror

Smash Master
LOL btw i started camping sooo hard against that character, didnt feel like losing to it lol i think thats why we're doing a bit better in teams, I'm camping harder and you're better at holding your own now. sorry for doing ******** needles from across the stage tho, im really bad at doing it the way m2k does
Don't worry I already pissed you off with dsmashes and slaps

lots of them

Incronaut

Smash Ace
is name searching smart... or conceited? it seems like it could go both ways (heyo)

i want to smash!

stabbedbyanipple

Smash Master
Chis, to answer your question:

It's only conceited if

your name is macd eggm eggz mogwai cactuar hugs lozr darc lucky hbox vist vidjo trail scar raynex kage vanz uuaa tope darc chad banks wife xelic kels amsah armada kirbykaze linguini swift zoso dehf IHSB jman cyrain lovage toph

idk, how many of these people actually name search, but hopefully one of them will read this and be like "maaaaaaaan"

Signia

Smash Lord
Doubles are soooooo dumb

I just play doubles like I play singles... except I have to remember to shorten combos/edgeguards and watch my teammate

I feel like people's bad habits are accentuated in doubles. Like in the SD free doubles tourney there was this one SD team that would always run up and shield, then immediately try and do an aerial out of shield if they shielded anything. Playing on Layer 2 ***** in doubles

Actually playing on Layer 2 just ***** in general in Melee. Gives me bad habits for SCIV actually.

talking about yomi layers btw...
layer 1 - effective autopilot choices. Should beat layer 3. The "base" of your game you use to **** weaker players.
layer 2 - choices that counteract autopilot/habits
layer 3 - counter the counter... the point where you predict where they will adapt. My favorite, but weaksauce in melee because most players (who aren't Kevin, Julian and Dave) "just do stuff" and it usually requires a very specific prediction which is hard in a game with so many options. Also, since good execution can be overpowering, creating powerful layer 1 options can become the main focus for some players. Improving the base of your game before considering adaptations is can be more effective in a game like this.

It's been changing my play in SCIV, I'm far more focused on defeating the last thing they did rather than really predicting their next move and adapting a step ahead.

MacD

Banned via Administration
Chis, to answer your question:

It's only conceited if

your name is macd eggm eggz mogwai cactuar hugs lozr darc lucky hbox vist vidjo trail scar raynex kage vanz uuaa tope darc chad banks wife xelic kels amsah armada kirbykaze linguini swift zoso dehf IHSB jman cyrain

idk, how many of these people actually name search, but hopefully one of them will read this and be like "maaaaaaaan"
lolol, though i wouldn't see this post in namesearch, if it doesn't have that yellow new post thing, i don't even see what the post is cause i've already seen it

also, you put darc twice lololol

and i know a few of those people name search, too hard for lucky to name search though i think

also, you forgot drpp peepee

DJMirror

Smash Master
How can you forget mango you piece of ****?

Lovage S2J Hugs hugo m2k mew2king hax darkrain tai taj axe forward wobbles

sons of *****es

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
I am 'acquiring' a tv today. It begins!

:phone:

Edit: Neat, it defaults to add a phone when you post via mobile. I wish it wasn't a forum-useable icon too :p

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest
don't tell me you read/took a behavior psychology book/course and compared yourself to the symptoms

since everyone does that when they do and freak out lol

Top Bottom