• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The 949 Smash Thread: RIP PacWest

Signia

Smash Lord
I think that's all but I might be missing something
I suck but this is a suggestion I hear all the time in other communities:

Play people who are better than you more. I noticed you don't regularly play anyone who places higher than you in tournaments. You can't be getting much better playing me all the time, and you're usually the best in the house at JDM/Rei smashfests.

But at least I'm getting better by playing you :) (get at my powershielding)

...Go to Cam's more? And invite me :D

OkamiBW

Smash Champion
I think you can get better playing people who aren't better than you all the time. For the past month, I've played Jetfour once and Shivknight once and Tipper once. Aside from that...I've played Book, Japsicant, and Dylan a bunch. I feel like playing people who are worse than you can give you other sorts of skills as well, such as knowing which yomi to mix up with a mindgame and a half.

All joking aside, you don't have to play good people to get better. You just have to think to get better. In my personal opinion...

Oh...but playing good people doesn't hurt. And it definitely helps.

joeplicate

Smash Master
stab, if you want to improve drastically in a short amount of time

my suggestion is travel to different parts of socal and get your practice in with people you don't normally play against.

the most improvement i saw in, say, a week or so, was after i came up to santa cruz, i spent a week playing with sheridan in santa cruz, then in san jose or something or brandon's dorms, and then went to concord to play with the DBR guys.

getting new perspectives on the game is awesome, both from a mental standpoint and in terms of playing against styles you're not used to. open up a dialogue about the game with someone, keep an open mind, and DON'T BE AFRAID TO TALK ABOUT SOMETHING MORE IF YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND IT!!

that's something that it took me a long time to realize. the first step to not being a noob is admitting that you're a noob, haha. (not saying that you are, cause you're p good from what i've seen, but you get the idea :))

MacD

Banned via Administration
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooo bitttttchhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
oh yea, i forgot about you

but still, most of irvine makes me :(

i mean getting a call when you are half asleep asking how to take the tire off a bike when they already detached the wheel from the bike is.... idk but it is something

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
oh yea, i forgot about you

but still, most of irvine makes me :(

i mean getting a call when you are half asleep asking how to take the tire off a bike when they already detached the wheel from the bike is.... idk but it is something
what is a tyre

do they sell them at trader joe's

legendganon

Smash Cadet
Hey, who was the person i played in Irvine the other day, i want to play him again.

I think his name was Dylan or something...

stabbedbyanipple

Smash Master
Hey, who was the person i played in Irvine the other day, i want to play him again.

I think his name was Dylan or something...
It was Kevin lol

And he lives in Otero if you don't remember. Not sure if he's busy during the week though

I'll be checking up on the availability of that building for a tournament for this quarter after my classes.

Here's to stab & anto hoping that it's the weekend of Pound so you guys can win one lol.
Best idea evaaaaaaar

GMhyprid

Smash Apprentice
Hi Colin, :)

Looking at the work I have to do this week, I'm going to be ahead in my homework. I can probably play any time that's not during class.

ahchoomattchu

Smash Ace
Okay, so the only available time slot I would be able to get is the Saturday directly after #####, the 26th...

I understand that if I host a tournament, it's right after a national and the people who went might be tired, need to catch up with school, are smashed out, etc. and that this may not be a good idea.

So, before I commit to this, I'd like to ask you all for your opinions. Thanks.

Oh, and Marth is gay.

Kira-

Smash Champion
Powerlifting is such a ******** hobby

because in order to be good at it, it can no longer be a hobby. It takes over your whole life. If only I knew this a year ago, I could be twice as strong as I am now.

And yet I am still much more informed than 90% of the gym-going population. :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::redface::redface::redface::redface::redface::grimer::mad088::mad088::191::191::088::088::089::089::098::098::056::056::042::042::grimah:

I'm so sick of milk.

JDM

Smash Champion

because in order to be good at it, it can no longer be a hobby. It takes over your whole life. If only I knew this a year ago, I could be twice as strong as I am now.

And yet I am still much more informed than 90% of the gym-going population. :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::redface::redface::redface::redface::redface::grimer::mad088::mad088::191::191::088::088::089::089::098::098::056::056::042::042::grimah:

I'm so sick of milk.
Step yo game up.

http://www.jtsstrength.com/

joeplicate

Smash Master

I'm so sick of milk.
dave

i wanna work out with you lmao

Kira-

Smash Champion
At first glance it looks legit if only cuz it mentioned Dave Tate. I can't afford to spend that much on a coach yet. Also I'm not an athlete lol

dave

i wanna work out with you lmao
Let's do it! Adam was saying he would come down to Irvine and lift with me too.

Although be warned, my routine is very boring to most people and I won't join you in anything extraneous to the routine.. but I'll help you do whatever else you wanna do and we'll talk lots about training

Incronaut

Smash Ace

I'm so sick of milk.
i really feel like one of those 90% gym-goers that lifts and has no idea what im doing.

if you knew powerlifting takes over your whole life... you would have lost your life to powerlifting a year ago?? is that what youre saying? (im not being critical, im being a nub) lol

Signia

Smash Lord
Oh yeah that's right I was supposed to get tips from you Kira about exercising. I haven't been doing much now though due to my back.

That reminds me, I strained my back again at the last JDM smashfest, this time I was just sitting on the floor... I leaned forward to unplug my controller, and stood up from that awkward position and wrecked my back.

what should I do now, continue light exercise or rest for a while? My mom won't pay for a chiropractor because she doesn't believe in them

Top Bottom