• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The 949 Smash Thread: RIP PacWest

Minato

穏やかじゃない
School's going to be easygoing for me for the next while (I'm hoping).
I'm expecting to play more Melee (and SSFIV when that's out) with the people here.

D

Deleted member

you can just tap back shield breaker and regrab edge not hard if you are kinda fast

The Greater Leon

Smash Hero
i do down on joystick -> fluid Y B motion. it kind of hurts. the timing is more lenient that double shining but if you **** up you're dead. also the a button is hella big :|

i wouldnt look too much into ledgehopping forwards, he probably just does that anyway

Adam M!

Smash Lord
that shiz is hella hard

i saw zoo do it on command when i asked him one day

then i tried the whole week to do it

NOT HAPPENING

AND YOU DIE IF YOU MESS UP

WHAT'S IT REALLY WORTH

IT'S JUST NOT NECESSARY

Signia

Smash Lord
Wow I need to pay more attention to smashboards. Thanks for all the responses, that was unexpected. I should have called it a "ledgehop shieldbreaker ledge regrab" or something. From what GSUB was talking about, I thought there something more to it than just doing really fast. I shouldn't have too much trouble mastering this as I can double shine/jump cancel shine, and last time I checked you can shieldbreaker, not jump, or do it too slowly and miss the edge and still survive no problem (if they don't edgehog you).

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest
just letting you guys know

kogi bbq truck is gonna be at uci: av lot 1 on thurs 8-10pm

near spenser/macd/me

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
I have a paper to finish, which I'm working on as I post this :(

this is seriously the last day I'm gonna have ****ing dumb *** johns

Incronaut

Smash Ace
im not very good at techskill and managed to hit it like 50% of the time in my first 20 or so tries. it's just about jumping as soon as possible and hitting b as soon as possible, nothing really complicated about it.
LOL either you edited this post or i misread it as "im very good" from before... rofl cause i was gonna be like "someone's confident!" :p

AntoPark

Smash Lord
Kirby, i'm down to team with you even if you don't want to use puff. :D
since John Johnson isn't going probably because he has work.
He knows who he is.

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
What happened to Fox?
fox is the character i dream of playing (i picked up a bit of techskill while on break, but i'm sure it's gone now lol)

sheik is the character i kinda used so i didn't suck (go figure)

kirby is the character that nobody respects me for using that i still like deep down (with good reason)

Incronaut

Smash Ace
spenser has beaten my mains as well... with his kirby sadface

...just outta curiosity, can a competitive soul caliber player whoop on my ***, someone who knows the mechanics and the moves of the game, but not the competitive stuff?

edit: spenser... youre gay for kirby arent you?.. has to be that sucking move

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest
yeah i knew that lol

but i wanna play before it

also jason fixed my z button and its amazing now

no more random lightshielding

edit - uci ppl and especially spenser let's get kogi and smash on thurs

Top Bottom