• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The 949 Smash Thread: RIP PacWest

Kira-

Smash Champion
he could still beat all of you with his pikachu

and has the best record against macd ever LOL

Kira-

Smash Champion
he plays like every time we're there lol (like 90% doubles tho)

but yeah he's not in top form like he was in this match

dude connor
if it wasnt for him you wouldn't have had any fun in the first place

chill out he didnt even do anything to you

ConnorTheKid

Treat Yo' Self
Premium
I was joking looool I thought I made it clear. I'll edit it. I don't have anything against Cameron.

JDM

Smash Champion
You play Honda right? That matchup is so *** when your Akuma. Who do you plan on using for Super?

WhatIsFear

Smash Ace
You play Honda right? That matchup is so *** when your Akuma. Who do you plan on using for Super?
I am probably gonna drop Honda and keep him as a secondary.

As for my main, I'm interested in using either Juri or Guy. I'm tired of having to react with Honda, so I'm going to definitely main someone that has some form of rushdown, or at least a projectile.

JDM

Smash Champion
Yeah Honda doesn't look like he's getting any amazing buffs in Super. (Mike Ross is switching to Hawk) I'll be using Ibuki for the begining of Super because she's two of my favorite characters combined. But if she doesn't work out for me i'll gladly go back to Akuma after I saw this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11vUH2hhM2w

WhatIsFear

Smash Ace
Combo: I've tried some Bison, but he's not really my style. Plus, I really want to main a non-charge character this time around.

JDM: That ultra 2 doesn't seem that strong for Akuma, but lol @ linking it after hard punch. That is even worse than Rufus target combo to ultra.

*edit* yeh i know it's not about the damage, which is why i compared it to rufus' ultra setup, except from watching that video it looks like you only need fierce punch which seems kinda broken.

As for Honda buffs, I'm glad that he can at least go over Sagat's low tiger shots with HB now. Only reason I'm not dropping him is cause I got jab -> hands down/ ochio throw setups down. Plus I want to try his new ultra =]

JDM

Smash Champion
It's not about the damage it's about how Akuma now has a Ultra that he can land every match unlike the Demon which makes him even more of a solid char.

Incronaut

Smash Ace
no joke.. i saw it on charles' facebook haha... what a weird coincidence...?

what's ledgehop shieldbreaker? sounds cool

SuperRad

Smash Master
A rather mediocre Jigglypuff.

I'd play Falcon or the spacies, but I quote M2K, "I need techskill. I have none."
Don't let that stop you!
Tech skill is easily attainable through practice and hard work. I spent way more time than I should have maining Sheik because "I had no tech skill". Then I started to practice with fox for fun and I started getting pretty technical quickly.

I still wouldn't recommend learning falcon, but that's because I think he's hard as **** to be good with.

chiZZLeSD

Smash Lord
no joke.. i saw it on charles' facebook haha... what a weird coincidence...?

what's ledgehop shieldbreaker? sounds cool
no coincidence..i posted it like 2 seconds after i realized how amazing that syllabus was haha.i wanna know what a ledgehop shieldbreaker is too haha

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest
Don't let that stop you!
Tech skill is easily attainable through practice and hard work. I spent way more time than I should have maining Sheik because "I had no tech skill". Then I started to practice with fox for fun and I started getting pretty technical quickly.

I still wouldn't recommend learning falcon, but that's because I think he's hard as **** to be good with.
i also second this. i play sheik because i felt i had no tech skill. i started falcon and now i can move faster with ledge cancels and actually ledge tech.

also anyone in uci that wants to play anytime after 2pm can either post here, pm, vm, or call/text

i want to play more ppl so i can adapt faster to different styles

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
i've been flaky as **** for the past few weeks

but after my midterms/papers are finished after this wednesday i want to play some ****ing melee =D

<3

Top Bottom