• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The "8-Player" Debate

JmcShocker16

Smash Apprentice
BentoBox said:
And exactly how was I off-topic? Not much of a debate if there's no room for arguing huh? SmartHead.

And re-read my posts please, I'm not agaisnt it, I'm telling you it isn't FEASIBLE. End of the line.
i cant wait to stump you in this when it comes out. you dont know how bad i want to whip you silly salads on this site. I'm gonna be famous lol :laugh: you will cowar in fear of the legendary Shocker hahahahahaha :laugh: *couh* *fart* oops tehehe

fluffy

Smash Champion
the more i think of it....4 player is enough. i only have like 3 other friends at school who plays smash anywayz.

JmcShocker16

Smash Apprentice
fluffy said:
the more i think of it....4 player is enough. i only have like 3 other friends at school who plays smash anywayz.
dont forget about playing online baby cakes. And also there are people out there who have more than 3 friends. do you understand now my little pikachu. It should atlease be an option for those with more than 4 people wanting to play.

BentoBox

Smash Master
JmcShocker16 said:
dont forget about playing online baby cakes. And also there are people out there who have more than 3 friends. do you understand now my little pikachu. It should atlease be an option for those with more than 4 people wanting to play.
Online maybe. In a LAN maybe. But with 1 Wii and 1 TV, it won't happen. Don't you think that if the console could support 8 players, we'd already know? Don't you think that if it could support 8 players, there are other games out there that would benefit from that option? (A.K.A. Excitetruck). Why wasn't it announced? Maybe because it's not feasible? I wonder. ;) And strangely, every website I visit looking for some Wii specs tell me the console only supports 4 players. And I think they're totally aware of the fact you can plug GC controllers aswell.

OH EM GEE. You are the most stubborn person I've ever met.

edit : And why is it that when Nintendo first told us about the reason behind the name "Wii" and showed us this little trailer, it featured only 4 "I"s instead of 8? You musn't mean... Oh my! Nintendo itself doesn't know about those so-called facts your stating!

JmcShocker16 said:
i cant wait to stump you in this when it comes out. you dont know how bad i want to whip you silly salads on this site. I'm gonna be famous lol :laugh: you will cowar in fear of the legendary Shocker hahahahahaha :laugh: *couh* *fart* oops tehehe
Is agreeing with ppl sharing the same opinion and making stupid/useless posts the only thing you can do? Because so far, it seems that way.

JmcShocker16

Smash Apprentice
BentoBox said:
Online maybe. In a LAN maybe. But with 1 Wii and 1 TV, it won't happen. Don't you think that if the console could support 8 players, we'd already know? Don't you think that if it could support 8 players, there are other games out there that would benefit from that option? (A.K.A. Excitetruck). Why wasn't it announced? Maybe because it's not feasible? I wonder. ;) And strangely, every website I visit looking for some Wii specs tell me the console only supports 4 players. And I think they're totally aware of the fact you can plug GC controllers aswell.

OH EM GEE. You are the most stubborn person I've ever met.

edit : And why is it that when Nintendo first told us about the reason behind the name "Wii" and showed us this little trailer, it featured only 4 "I"s instead of 8? You musn't mean... Oh my! Nintendo itself doesn't know about those so-called facts your stating!

Is agreeing with ppl sharing the same opinion and making stupid/useless posts the only thing you can do? Because so far, it seems that way.
you have to be kidding me right? Nintendo is hiding more about the system. we still dont know everything about it. so would you just shut up

JmcShocker16

Smash Apprentice
BentoBox said:
And they're hiding that precious info from developers too? Give me a break.
you are such a silly head. you foolish chan. They're hiding it from us. duh. MAYBE THATS WHY SQUARE DIDNT SHOW FF CC CB AT E3.

Azukki

Smash Apprentice
I just thought of something. if you've 8 controllers, you probably have at least two Wiis between the lot of you, as at least half of people who would want to play against each other, SSBB probably has SSBB, and therefore a Wii.

So, if you need 8 controllers, you probably have two Wiis anyways. And this would not lag, at all I'd imagine, if they were directly connected without going through a network and crap. double characters is a bit less that double the processing, and two Wii's IS double the processing.

Linking systems would be an interesing concept, as you could basicly overclock it for the price of another system, which could just be borrowing it.

JmcShocker16

Smash Apprentice
BentoBox said:
Oh yeah, and that would lead to a total of 16players on the same stage! JMC would love that.
no. 16 is too much. even 10 is too much. i think it should be between 5 and 8.

The Burrito of Time

Smash Journeyman
BentoBox said:
Oh yeah, and that would lead to a total of 16players on the same stage! JMC would love that.
16, now theres an idea!

There would be like 3 stages combined on one tv just to fit everyone and you'd jump to each in order to fight everyone!lol

JmcShocker16

Smash Apprentice
The Burrito of Time said:
16, now theres an idea!

There would be like 3 stages combined on one tv just to fit everyone and you'd jump to each in order to fight everyone!lol

think about the zoom-out. too much zooming out

BentoBox

Smash Master
Strangely, you couldn't careless about zooming out a few pages ago :p.

JmcShocker16 said:
Well let me say this though. The new smash will have more options. THis wont be a problem. You should be able to adjust the zoom :) . Press a button zoom in, press it again zoom out.
And 16players on the same map means 32 eskimoos!

JmcShocker16

Smash Apprentice
BentoBox said:
Strangely, you couldn't careless about zooming out a few pages ago :p.

And 16players on the same map means 32 eskimoos!

do you follow anything? too much zoom out is bad. UNLESS!!!!!!!!!! the characters are SMALLER!!! :laugh:

BentoBox

Smash Master
But think about the button that makes it zoom-in! =O You used that argument for 8players so I don't see why it wouldn't be valid for 16players :p.

Unless..

JmcShocker16

Smash Apprentice
BentoBox said:
But think about the button that makes it zoom-in! =O You used that argument for 8players so I don't see why it wouldn't be valid for 16players :p.

Unless..
i guess you have a point.

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
asianpride3491 said:
Umm, not, you wouldnt? It is very possible in SSBM to move to opposite ends of the screen and well, still see the people. i dont see why more people inbetween would make any difference. And it wouldnt be any more of a waste than putting in 6 players into the engine but only allowing ultimately 4.
Very few levels would have enough space for 8 players unless you want them in a big tangle. Levels big enough would zoom out a lot and the characters would be reduced to itsy bitsy things

Liveit_

Smash Apprentice
kmkzSP1K3R said:
wait are talking about 8 players online? or 8 players...like...in person? anyways if 8 players WERE possible, how often would you play with 8 players...? all of you guys sittin in a semi-circle around the tv and the wii in the center...
Maybe four (or more) of them could be computers.

asianpride3491

Smash Ace
Yuna said:
Very few levels would have enough space for 8 players unless you want them in a big tangle. Levels big enough would zoom out a lot and the characters would be reduced to itsy bitsy things
Why not have them in a big tangle? All im saying is that some (including myself) might find it fun. Not everything has to be reasonable or balanced. It was originally designed as a party game. And how organized were the best parties you were ever at?

Kujirudo

Smash Lord
Yuna said:
So you'd have 8 people in one big pile randomly poking each other? How fun. It gets old really really fast.
Most people say the same thing about 4 players bashing each other out off a field. With characters from a elf in a green maillot to a pink floating ball that can sing people to sleep.

Conker1

Smash Ace
Lag? Are you kidding? 56K doesn't work with Wii if I remember correctly, so the issue of lag does not exist. I've played online games with 64 players, no lag.

luigipwnage

Smash Rookie
the wii does have too few ports, but who knows? sony came out with it's multitap thing for it's ps2. maybe nintendo will release something like that for the wii.

W4veMantis

Smash Journeyman
I think 8 players would work online. They would probably of course add in some larger stages to fight on that was meant for 8 people. I actually think it would work online...but offline...NOOOO!

STIK

Smash Cadet
8 players would definately work. All you have to do is make a couple of big stages like Hyrule Temple and you are set.

Wizzlecroff

Smash Ace
the wii does have too few ports, but who knows? sony came out with it's multitap thing for it's ps2. maybe nintendo will release something like that for the wii.
Well, you could always system link if it had the option. As for this idea... I give it a no. Could you imagine 8 people on Battlefield... Can anyone say Marth and Roy Counter.

Klydwn

Smash Rookie
8 players would be awesome, but only if there were extra large levels with specific modes to compensate for the madness. I personally think that 8 players, a couple of over sized levels and a flag defense mode would make the single best way to introduce non-gamers to smash and would be a hilaroius diversion.

W4veMantis

Smash Journeyman
hmmm...never thought of that. Like a CTF SSB style. That might work, only if it was online. I seriously think having an 8 player match offline would not work. Online the camera may shift a little for your own character.
just my opinion...

Top Bottom