• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The 3DS friend code sharing thread: Find opponents here.

Parcheesy

Smash Ace
NNID
Large-tree
3DS FC
4656-7185-5694
Alright, cool. Already added you so hooray for easiness. Joining now.
Either I've ascended to skill level where all smash feels slower allowing me to make micro decisions at an incredible rate...or we're getting a bit of lag.

Spirst

Either I've ascended to skill level where all smash feels slower allowing me to make micro decisions at an incredible rate...or we're getting a bit of lag.
Yeah, I'm noticing that lag too. Threw my shurikens off as well as general mobility. I never mean to shadow sneak but it comes out more often when I attempt to b-reverse a shuriken in lag.

Parcheesy

Smash Ace
NNID
Large-tree
3DS FC
4656-7185-5694
Yeah, I'm noticing that lag too. Threw my shurikens off as well as general mobility. I never mean to shadow sneak but it comes out more often when I attempt to b-reverse a shuriken in lag.
It's fine for the short time slot we're both filling. I'm sure it'll be clear the next time we play.

Did you notice how your nair was snuffing out luma's attacks? That seems like a good addition to your gameplan if you see me trying to clip you with them. I like the hydro pump addition too. You're very close to straight up killing me with it.

Edit: Speak of the devil, Team Rocket is blasting off again. I guess using my up b while getting hydro pumped is easily one of the funniest ways to go.

Last edited:

Spirst

It's fine for the short time slot we're both filling. I'm sure it'll be clear the next time we play.

Did you notice how your nair was snuffing out luma's attacks? That seems like a good addition to your gameplan if you see me trying to clip you with them. I like the hydro pump addition too. You're very close to straight up killing me with it.

Edit: Speak of the devil, Team Rocket is blasting off again.
Yeah, I noticed that. Nair is actually pretty useful in getting Luma out of the way.

Thanks, I've been trying to incorporate hydro pump more. It has so much potential in setups and just messing with your opponent. Also, was that the dair you were doing? It KO'd me in the diagonal blastzone multiple times. Can't tell if it's a dair or fastfallen nair.

Edit: Okay, no idea what happened there. Technical error, whoops.

Last edited:

Parcheesy

Smash Ace
NNID
Large-tree
3DS FC
4656-7185-5694
Yeah, I noticed that. Nair is actually pretty useful in getting Luma out of the way.

Thanks, I've been trying to incorporate hydro pump more. It has so much potential in setups and just messing with your opponent. Also, was that the dair you were doing? It KO'd me in the diagonal blastzone multiple times. Can't tell if it's a dair or fastfallen nair.
It's Dair. The Luma part really hurts. When I first started playing For Glory, and only played with Luma / Rosa separate, it was my bread and butter for getting kills. Nair just knocks you away with the first hit, and the second hit knocks you in ( for some strange reason ). It's good for gimps, but not really straight up KOs.
Edit: Okay, no idea what happened there. Technical error, whoops.
I assumed you SD'd twice to get me to look at the forums.

Last edited:

Spirst

It's Dair. The Luma part really hurts. When I first started playing For Glory, and only played with Luma / Rosa separate, it was my bread and butter for getting kills. Nair just knocks you away with the first hit, and the second hit knocks you in ( for some strange reason ). It's good for gimps, but not really straight up KOs.
I thought as much. Did not know that. The hitbox on the nair is insane in how long it lasts. I sometimes underestimate the length and end up getting hit by it.

Going to cut the games here as the lag is becoming too prevalent now for some reason. Anyway though, from what we did play, good games. I really like your Rosalina. You seem to understand when to send Luma out and when to keep Luma with you whereas other Rosalina players I've versed don't have that clear distinction and end up sending Luma to their death.

Last edited:

Parcheesy

Smash Ace
NNID
Large-tree
3DS FC
4656-7185-5694
I thought as much. Did not know that. The hitbox on the nair is insane in how long it lasts. I sometimes underestimate the length and end up getting hit by it.

Going to cut the games here as the lag is becoming too prevalent now for some reason. Anyway though, from what we did play, good games. I really like your Rosalina. You seem to understand when to send Luma out and when to keep Luma with you whereas other Rosalina players I've versed don't have that clear distinction and end up sending Luma to their death.
Yeah, good games. The lag's probably on my end, got Netflix and 2-3 computers running ( Don't ask...). It's much quieter here later in the night. I'll see you around sometime!

The nair is crazy. Spaced right, I can poke your shield from a safe distance, and it's not a huge commitment throwing it out there, as it can cover my retreat if I sense I'm wading into hazardous waters.

Last edited:

SuperBottle

Smash Cadet
NNID
El Toro
3DS FC
4356-0343-9127
Anyone want to play? I'm training a main and two sides

Last edited:

Spirst

Yeah, good games. The lag's probably on my end, got Netflix and 2-3 computers running ( Don't ask...). It's much quieter here later in the night. I'll see you around sometime!

The nair is crazy. Spaced right, I can poke your shield from a safe distance, and it's not a huge commitment throwing it out there, as it can cover my retreat if I sense I'm wading into hazardous waters.
I'm seeing now that Rosalina has a number of safe options that are hard to punish even if she whiffs it with Luma there. Her edgeguarding can be pretty effortless while she's safely on the stage and her disjointed aerials keep her a safe distance. If I was playing a character other than Greninja, who has great mobility, it would be frustrating to react in time. Any thoughts on my Greninja by the way? Overall, I mean. Could always use some feedback.

Last edited:

DeViSION

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PharaoH56
3DS FC
3582-9979-3669
Its so Funny in this thread when I read "smash anyone?" or "anybody wanna smash?" in a post... Lol I know its childish

Top Bottom