• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The 3DS friend code sharing thread: Find opponents here.

Parcheesy

Smash Ace
NNID
Large-tree
3DS FC
4656-7185-5694
I've learned so far that I probably shouldn't counterpick a Megaman to a FD just because I like the music. I have an infinitely easier time on smaller stages.

@ Locke 06 Locke 06 Why didn't you let me up throw you into my awesome spinning luma? I guess it was kinda my fault with the 2 pummels while you were at 0%

Last edited:

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
I would literally marry and spend the rest of my life with Rosalina's nair. It beats project M charizard's nair by a mile... measured in the radius of a circle of course. As MU advice, I'd say know my down B exists, but don't play around it. If you're forcing me to use it regularly, I'm playing defensive, which is where you wanna be as Megaman.

Anyway, I'm doing some really questionable things today.

I assumed the sweet spot of your up tilt was much closer than it is. Won't do that again.
Yeah, people talk about your down-B as game changing, but it's not like it's a reflector. You use it well as avoiding uair juggles. Which is really annoying that you can do that against Mega Man.
I've learned so far that I probably shouldn't counterpick a Megaman to a FD just because I like the music. I have an infinitely easier time on smaller stages.
Yeah, big stages are pretty good for Mega Man. At least the way I play him, he's all about spacing, which is harder to do on a small stage.

Eruption

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4571-0116-2070
Anyone want to be my training partner? Idc if your good or not, just as long your active. Add my Skype if you want to do it (reason Skype because I'm more active in that than the forums)
Skype eruption221
So yea :)

Last edited:

Spirst

Yeah, people talk about your down-B as game changing, but it's not like it's a reflector. You use it well as avoiding uair juggles. Which is really annoying that you can do that against Mega Man.
That reminds me. Down-B can be a game changer when Rosalina is versing Duck Hunt. There's a glitch that if you explode the projectile just as she is using down b, the projectile gets stuck in mid-air and can't be destroyed ever until the game is over. Also, if it's the clay pigeon, you can't use the can or another clay pigeon unless you restart the round. Parcheesy and I accidentally did it yesterday.

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
@ Locke 06 Locke 06 Why didn't you let me up throw you into my awesome spinning luma? I guess it was kinda my fault with the 2 pummels while you were at 0%
THAT SPINNING LUMA IS SO COOL. For real though.

Edit: Interstingly enough though, small stages make it infinitely worse for Luma. dtilt kind of destroys it.

Last edited:

foxnoob

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0877-2710-6677
i will play 0877 - 2710 -6677

Last edited:

Dogivet

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Dogivet
3DS FC
1375-7594-5859
Mmmm... you guys are still up? Also seeing 10 others in this thread, quite nice.
Anyway, if anyone wants to 1v1 just say so. I'm on for maybe about an hour.

Parcheesy

Smash Ace
NNID
Large-tree
3DS FC
4656-7185-5694

Yeah, big stages are pretty good for Mega Man. At least the way I play him, he's all about spacing, which is harder to do on a small stage.
- Yeah, avoiding your up and down airs is useful, and so is catching and hoarding those metal blades. Sadly, you aren't using them often enough to consider their absence meaningful.
That reminds me. Down-B can be a game changer when Rosalina is versing Duck Hunt. There's a glitch that if you explode the projectile just as she is using down b, the projectile gets stuck in mid-air and can't be destroyed ever until the game is over. Also, if it's the clay pigeon, you can't use the can or another clay pigeon unless you restart the round. Parcheesy and I accidentally did it yesterday.
- First 100 - 0 matchup in Smash

- Down B is pretty good in the matchup, but Megaman has the tools to punish me using it. He can use projectiles while moving in to up tilt me if I use it. He can feint an up air, then back air me. He's not optionless, just has to play differently.
- I'd recommend using the charge shot less, maybe never. It seems I always have time to absorb it, and even still, sometimes I'll just dash attack and let Luma eat the f-smash. ( I'm not a very kind master )

THAT SPINNING LUMA IS SO COOL. For real though.

Edit: Interstingly enough though, small stages make it infinitely worse for Luma. dtilt kind of destroys it.
It's a shame no one plays Bowser / Ganon / Falcon where it's actually stupidly useful for edgeguarding, and for whatever reason it parries almost everything.

Parcheesy

Smash Ace
NNID
Large-tree
3DS FC
4656-7185-5694
@ Parcheesy Parcheesy - I'm going to try a little DK. I've heard the matchup is bad... but we'll see :) Hope you don't mind.
In my opinion, DK sports some of the best anti-air options out there. Yes you're big, but you can also keep me out if I'm being a pest with aerials.

Seems like I do have quite the advantage if I play a more 'teamwork oriented' playstyle.

Last edited:

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
- Yeah, avoiding your up and down airs is useful, and so is catching and hoarding those metal blades. Sadly, you aren't using them often enough to consider their absence meaningful.

- Down B is pretty good in the matchup, but Megaman has the tools to punish me using it. He can use projectiles while moving in to up tilt me if I use it. He can feint an up air, then back air me. He's not optionless, just has to play differently.
- I'd recommend using the charge shot less, maybe never. It seems I always have time to absorb it, and even still, sometimes I'll just dash attack and let Luma eat the f-smash. ( I'm not a very kind master )

It's a shame no one plays Bowser / Ganon / Falcon where it's actually stupidly useful for edgeguarding, and for whatever reason it parries almost everything.
I feel like MB's for Rosalina is way too much fodder. I already can't use a ton of lemons because of Luma, but giving you a MB doesn't eliminate enough options for it to be worth it.

Some of the charge shots are supposed to be turn around ftilts or purposeful "get luma out" moves. One of the things I'm curious about is the risk-reward of throwing out a punishable move for the 8 seconds of you without luma. I did that a couple times with DK, but my DK is still very rough (more than a few SD's and I'm not quite used to the nair hitbox)

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
Promise to keep it a secret?
Of course. Going into Smash 4, I was actually hoping to be a Rosalina main. But luma management just kind of wore me down. I'm hoping that changes when the Wii U comes out, but Mega Man has lemoned his way into the way I like to play.

Dogivet

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Dogivet
3DS FC
1375-7594-5859
Just reposting, anyone for 1v1?
Probably got around 4-5 matches worth of time now.

Parcheesy

Smash Ace
NNID
Large-tree
3DS FC
4656-7185-5694
Lol of course haha your rosaluma looks fun dont think id main her but ill try her since u recommended her
Nah I'm just joking. You can't keep secrets on a forum anyway. So this is how it works:
- You need to initiate the jab command ( a + a + hold a ) while in a position to do so, but are unable to do to some form of stun. The Luma must not also be in any stun

For example : Being grabbed, lying prone, or the minute frame of landing lag involved with your up + b onto stage.

- After the luma begins spinning, you can hold the a button to continue the luma spin, while being freely control of Rosalina.

In order to input an attack involving the a button, quickly release, then repress as you would a normal attack, making sure to continue hold it afterwards. The few things that will break the luma spin are smash attacks, a jab combo of your own, or the luma side / neutral b.

Against characters that have no hitbox on their recovery, this leads to the most epic of gimps where you can sit on stage and taunt while your luma effortlessly edgeguards. Well, that's about all I know, as far as I'm aware, not even many Rosa mains know this ( I haven't seen a post about it anywhere on their forums ) .

Loli Waifu

Smash Rookie
NNID
Evilkittyz
3DS FC
5172-0522-9725
5172-0522-9725

would anyone like to play a few competitive 1v1's?

JJpalmer

Smash Journeyman
NNID
jjpalmer
3DS FC
2664-2947-4020
Nah I'm just joking. You can't keep secrets on a forum anyway. So this is how it works:
- You need to initiate the jab command ( a + a + hold a ) while in a position to do so, but are unable to do to some form of stun. The Luma must not also be in any stun

For example : Being grabbed, lying prone, or the minute frame of landing lag involved with your up + b onto stage.

- After the luma begins spinning, you can hold the a button to continue the luma spin, while being freely control of Rosalina.

In order to input an attack involving the a button, quickly release, then repress as you would a normal attack, making sure to continue hold it afterwards. The few things that will break the luma spin are smash attacks, a jab combo of your own, or the luma side / neutral b.

Against characters that have no hitbox on their recovery, this leads to the most epic of gimps where you can sit on stage and taunt while your luma effortlessly edgeguards. Well, that's about all I know, as far as I'm aware, not even many Rosa mains know this ( I haven't seen a post about it anywhere on their forums ) .
So rosalina has to be in stun for this works

Parcheesy

Smash Ace
NNID
Large-tree
3DS FC
4656-7185-5694
I feel like MB's for Rosalina is way too much fodder. I already can't use a ton of lemons because of Luma, but giving you a MB doesn't eliminate enough options for it to be worth it.

Some of the charge shots are supposed to be turn around ftilts or purposeful "get luma out" moves. One of the things I'm curious about is the risk-reward of throwing out a punishable move for the 8 seconds of you without luma. I did that a couple times with DK, but my DK is still very rough (more than a few SD's and I'm not quite used to the nair hitbox)
MB? Is that a megaman term for his jab? Hell, that's the one reason I'm forced to keep Luma at my side. If I send it out, it just gets barraged by projectiles until it dies a sad an uneventful death, locked in hitstun for eternity. At least Luma Shot is still good for hitting rolls. So there's at least that.
Of course. Going into Smash 4, I was actually hoping to be a Rosalina main. But luma management just kind of wore me down. I'm hoping that changes when the Wii U comes out, but Mega Man has lemoned his way into the way I like to play.
Funny, I don't think I thought about playing this character until I was routinely going through all of them in classic. Turns out I love the characters separate and together. The whole kit really fits my playstyle. Your Megaman seems like it fits like a glove too. You're pretty good at mixing up the projectiles with his good disjointed melee attacks.
So rosalina has to be in stun for this works
Hitstun, getting grabbed, special landing lag, and maybe a few other things. Honestly, I only started using this maybe a week ago, but I can definitely see the potential.

Spirst

@ Jager13 Jager13 Good games. Unfortunately, have to leave this one now. If I may offer a critique, it's that you tend to roll too much. There was a point in which I think you rolled across a platform 3 times back and forth. I'd never seen a person really using Wii Fit Trainer so it was an interesting experience.

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
Gotta go play doubles. @ Parcheesy Parcheesy - Fantastic games. I really enjoyed them and learned a lot from them. Definitely watch out for the shield drop - upper when approaching with those aerials. I got used to the long hitboxes towards the end of our matches which led to those punishes. The matchup is like a huge positioning battle, which I enjoy immensely. And beating up on a helpless luma is quite fun at times.

MB is short for metal blade (lemons are his jab). A lot of characters, I'll give them a metal blade. Then they can't grab, and they only have 1 normal attack. But Rosalina has luma, so it doesn't really work.

Yeah, I know why you're forced to keep luma by your side against Mega Man. The Rosalinas that I've faced (all but you) fall victim to sending luma out and letting it just die to charge shots and pellets. Which is why I felt like I hadn't faced a good Rosalina before.

edit: Yeah, the disjoint on his aerials along with his general mobility really fits me. The fact that he doesn't have to be stagnant when sending out projectiles is something I absolutely love, along with his dtilt slide and mobile dash attack (which I can't use against Rosalina because of luma... which is just... what.).

Last edited:

Jager13

Smash Apprentice
NNID
JPereira13
3DS FC
3239-4960-5613
@ Jager13 Jager13 Good games. Unfortunately, have to leave this one now. If I may offer a critique, it's that you tend to roll too much. There was a point in which I think you rolled across a platform 3 times back and forth. I'd never seen a person really using Wii Fit Trainer so it was an interesting experience.
Thanks for the critique bro! I really appreciate it :)

Sir_Waffle33

Smash Cadet
NNID
SirWaffle33
3DS FC
3437-3212-3786
GGs! Nice Mario and a good Fox as well from what I saw. I'm not sure what I need to do to not suck so much. LOL
ggs bro. What are you talking about? Your robin's one of the best I've seen so far! I was never a fan of the Levin sword in Awakening, but I'm terrified of it in this game! You totally bodied my Mario on a few matches, your recovery is amazing, and you got great combos.

I have a terrible habit of being a tryhard with Mario's f-air. I knew it wasn't gonna work on you, but darn it I had to try! Lol, I'm working on shaking off that bad habit.

Last edited:

Parcheesy

Smash Ace
NNID
Large-tree
3DS FC
4656-7185-5694
Gotta go play doubles. @ Parcheesy Parcheesy - Fantastic games. I really enjoyed them and learned a lot from them. Definitely watch out for the shield drop - upper when approaching with those aerials. I got used to the long hitboxes towards the end of our matches which led to those punishes. The matchup is like a huge positioning battle, which I enjoy immensely. And beating up on a helpless luma is quite fun at times.

MB is short for metal blade (lemons are his jab). A lot of characters, I'll give them a metal blade. Then they can't grab, and they only have 1 normal attack. But Rosalina has luma, so it doesn't really work.

Yeah, I know why you're forced to keep luma by your side against Mega Man. The Rosalinas that I've faced (all but you) fall victim to sending luma out and letting it just die to charge shots and pellets. Which is why I felt like I hadn't faced a good Rosalina before.

edit: Yeah, the disjoint on his aerials along with his general mobility really fits me. The fact that he doesn't have to be stagnant when sending out projectiles is something I absolutely love, along with his dtilt slide and mobile dash attack (which I can't use against Rosalina because of luma... which is just... what.).
- Yeah, I got caught by that more times than I'm proud to admit. I think I'm safe poking shield with a disjointed hitbox, but that uptilt has deceptive reach. I'm sure a back or neutral air spaced perfectly is fairly safe though, just need to practice.
- I assumed it was "Mega Buster", and it seems okay in this matchup. It's slow travel speed means you can be close behind if I decide to down b.
- Thanks for the compliment bro! I think it's because many Rosalina's either get comfortable spacing with the Luma out, or keeping it permanently at their side, and then fail to adapt to opponents and playstyles.
- Honestly, it's not even Luma. Dash attack is like a charged smash attack, awesome when it hits, but it really hurts if I'm in a spot to punish it, and hell, even if I shield, it's a free grab. The slide on the other hand is pretty good, as you'll end up behind me.
- Oh, and if I'm ever forced to recover onstage with up b, you need to make sure it's the end of my stock. Whether it's charging a side smash, landing an up tilt, or some crazy combo shenanigans, a mistake like that needs to be a stock loss.

This is rather tricky im trying it iff rosas up b
The timing for the up+b is the hardest actually, because it's only a frame or two once you hit the ground. Do it too early, and luma does a nair, and too late, and you jab yourself. Keep in mind it's fine if you start the jab combo, as long as your Luma is one jab ahead of you, and reaches the infinite spin first. I'm actually going to do a quick write up in the Rosalina forum right now, so if you have any more questions, you can bring it up there. :D

HYP3R

Smash Lord
GGs @ AranOcean AranOcean

My DS was dying sorry to drop out like that. Very nice pikachu and palutena. I still have trouble with people that have a punish hard playstyle. Doesn't help that I lost my fox skill playing link so much. Oh well, they were fun matches regardless hope to play again sometime. :)

Loli Waifu

Smash Rookie
NNID
Evilkittyz
3DS FC
5172-0522-9725
anyone wanna throw some matches down? My FC is up on this page

Top Bottom