• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The 3DS friend code sharing thread: Find opponents here.

Terotrous

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1762-2767-5898
I can assure you, he wasn't any gentler on me. Man definitely knows how to fight for his friends.

Anyone open to play a few matches?
I could try a few. I probably shouldn't go play Pharaoh since I'm nowhere near Florida.

Parcheesy

Smash Ace
NNID
Large-tree
3DS FC
4656-7185-5694
I could try a few. I probably shouldn't go play Pharaoh since I'm nowhere near Florida.
Sorry Pharaoh, Terotrous has you beat by a few seconds. We'll play more matches soon, I'm sure. Boss lady gave me two days off in a row, so I'll be wanting to fine tune a bunch of my weaker matchups before a local tourney on Sunday.

And Terotrous, I'm sending a friend thing now. You want 2 or 3 stocks?

Last edited:

Terotrous

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1762-2767-5898
Sorry Pharaoh, Terotrous has you beat by a few seconds. We'll play more matches soon, I'm sure. Boss lady gave me two days off in a row, so I'll be wanting to fine tune a bunch of my weaker matchups before a local tourney on Sunday.

And Terotrous, I'm sending a friend thing now. You want 2 or 3 stocks?
I usually do 3 but maybe I'll start with 2 incase it's a lag factory again.

I also assume you want Yoshi since that seems like a matchup where Rosalina might have some trouble. I also play Pac-Man, but I suspect that matchup is very in Rosalina's favour.

Demonstormkill

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3926-6919-7589
juss mix up you playstyle...... Try not to be so predictable. That's where I excell. I kind of knew what you were doing or gonna do 80% of the time and I would punish with an upsmash. Don't rely on the grab so much. I let you grab me sometimes when I was at low damage so i can punish you later when you thought you can grab me. You should pressure me more when i was in the air.... Greninja doesn't have that great of an Air to Ground Game
Right, I know it's predictable, the problem becomes what can I do to put on pressure? Just grabbing less isn't gonna get it done. It feels like I don't have the technique to play quickly enough or any plan to put pressure on Greninja. Still, thanks for your thoughts.

Want to play again?

Last edited:

Parcheesy

Smash Ace
NNID
Large-tree
3DS FC
4656-7185-5694
I usually do 3 but maybe I'll start with 2 incase it's a lag factory again.

I also assume you want Yoshi since that seems like a matchup where Rosalina might have some trouble. I also play Pac-Man, but I suspect that matchup is very in Rosalina's favour.
You're right about the Pac-man one, but play whatever you want. The lag is a bit annoying, but I'm still having fun.

Terotrous

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1762-2767-5898
Okay, maybe my net is just crap tonight or something. That down B at the end was a fast fall neutral B with some crazy buffering going on.

Parcheesy

Smash Ace
NNID
Large-tree
3DS FC
4656-7185-5694
Okay, maybe my net is just crap tonight or something. That down B at the end was a fast fall neutral B with some crazy buffering going on.
Yeah...I had a few times where I really didn't want to sweet spot my up b in fear of scrubbing the bottom of the stage with Rosalina's face. Oh well, maybe it'll be better some other night.

I'm not quite sure who is still available based on the above posts, so if anyone wants to play me, just quote a post and I'll reply.

Last edited:

DeViSION

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PharaoH56
3DS FC
3582-9979-3669
Right, I know it's predictable, the problem becomes what can I do to put on pressure? Just grabbing less isn't gonna get it done. It feels like I don't have the technique to play quickly enough or any plan to put pressure on Greninja. Still, thanks for your thoughts.

Want to play again?
ok I can play a few

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
Yeah...I had a few times where I really didn't want to sweet spot my up b in fear of scrubbing the bottom of the stage with Rosalina's face. Oh well, maybe it'll be better some other night.

I'm not quite sure who is still available based on the above posts, so if anyone wants to play me, just quote a post and I'll reply.
Rosalina? o.o :)

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
Locke buddy! Perfect timing. I was just about to hit up a raid on this magiteck factory, want in? It'll probably have some sweet loot and / or plot advancement!
Plot advancement? PLOT TWISTS? I want in.

God those aerials stay out forever.

Parcheesy

Smash Ace
NNID
Large-tree
3DS FC
4656-7185-5694
Plot advancement? PLOT TWISTS? I want in.

God those aerials stay out forever.
I would literally marry and spend the rest of my life with Rosalina's nair. It beats project M charizard's nair by a mile... measured in the radius of a circle of course. As MU advice, I'd say know my down B exists, but don't play around it. If you're forcing me to use it regularly, I'm playing defensive, which is where you wanna be as Megaman.

Anyway, I'm doing some really questionable things today.

I assumed the sweet spot of your up tilt was much closer than it is. Won't do that again.

Last edited:

Oblivion129

Smash Lord
NNID
Oblivion129
3DS FC
1821-9773-2413
id like some more ike practice win your free again any advice on what little ike you faced.
Your Ike is good. I guess more spacing, and more use of the Jab would be needed. Like if the opponent shields your first 1-2 jabs then don't do the third jab.
Spaced Nairs are important against characters like ROB, Rosalina and DeDeDe, while Jabs are important against fast characters like Sheik.
Following up your grab combo is important, too. If you saved any replay you should check'em out.

I'll probably be on tomorrow for a few games.

JJpalmer

Smash Journeyman
NNID
jjpalmer
3DS FC
2664-2947-4020
Your Ike is good. I guess more spacing, and more use of the Jab would be needed. Like if the opponent shields your first 1-2 jabs then don't do the third jab.
Spaced Nairs are important against characters like ROB, Rosalina and DeDeDe, while Jabs are important against fast characters like Sheik.
Following up your grab combo is important, too. If you saved any replay you should check'em out.

I'll probably be on tomorrow for a few games.
Yeah I saved few of the close the first few at the start I wish I had saved your follow ups were perfect.

Top Bottom