• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The 3DS friend code sharing thread: Find opponents here.

Parcheesy

Smash Ace
NNID
Large-tree
3DS FC
4656-7185-5694
Got bodied that match i definitely need an ike teacher
There's two good Ikes here that wreck me. Oblivion and...I forget. I think they're the only two other Ike players though, so there's that.

No offense, but you play every character with a Shiek mindset. I understand wanting to fight me offstage, but sometimes, you're only putting yourself in a bad spot doing so.

Last edited:

Spirst

Unless you have a solid offstage game, it's not a good idea to follow Rosalina far offstage. Her nair has a long lasting hitbox, seems to stage spike, and her disjointed dair is good for halting advances. She can recover prety safely too. Someone with a vertical recovery like Ike's is playing with fate chasing Rosalina offstage.

JJpalmer

Smash Journeyman
NNID
jjpalmer
3DS FC
2664-2947-4020
There's two good Ikes here that wreck me. Oblivion and...I forget. I think they're the only two other Ike players though, so there's that.

No offense, but you play every character with a Shiek mindset. I understand wanting to fight me offstage, but sometimes, you're only putting yourself in a bad spot doing so.
yea i noticed i was doing that with ike had to break my habit after getting 2 stocked

Demonstormkill

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3926-6919-7589
ggs, I learned some things for sure. Let me know if you want to play some games, and use whoever you like! Doesn't matter to me.

Parcheesy

Smash Ace
NNID
Large-tree
3DS FC
4656-7185-5694
Unless you have a solid offstage game, it's not a good idea to follow Rosalina far offstage. Her nair has a long lasting hitbox, seems to stage spike, and her disjointed dair is good for halting advances. She can recover prety safely too. Someone with a vertical recovery like Ike's is playing with fate chasing Rosalina offstage.
Thank you for leading into what I was going to say next. Be super careful with ledgedrops. It's the worst option if I'm expecting it
yea i noticed i was doing that with ike had to break my habit after getting 2 stocked
You did much better that last time. Those aerials actually give me quite some trouble.

Y'know, now that I think of it. You'd make a pretty good Rosalina. You can go pretty ham offstage against the fair share of the cast.

Last edited:

JJpalmer

Smash Journeyman
NNID
jjpalmer
3DS FC
2664-2947-4020
Thank you for leading into what I was going to say next. Be super careful with ledgedrops. It's the worst option if I'm expecting it

You did much better that last time. Those aerials actually give me quite some trouble.
I believe its auto cancel nairs for rosa right where luma is attacking while your falling then shielding

Parcheesy

Smash Ace
NNID
Large-tree
3DS FC
4656-7185-5694
I believe its auto cancel nairs for rosa right where luma is attacking while your falling then shielding
Yup. As Ike vs Rosalina, you should definitely become a nairplane. Just fly towards me with as many nairs as flight control will allow.

Parcheesy

Smash Ace
NNID
Large-tree
3DS FC
4656-7185-5694
yea i cant space fair but im not horrible with nair
It just comes down to spacing. Anyway, they were fun matches, but I should probably go to bed. Got some work tomorrow. I'm usually on this time at night, so if you want to play more you know where to find me.

JJpalmer

Smash Journeyman
NNID
jjpalmer
3DS FC
2664-2947-4020
Yup. As Ike vs Rosalina, you should definitely become a nairplane. Just fly towards me with as many nairs as flight control will allow.
Thank you for the matchs i cant really fight rosa well but i enjoyed the practice how did u do the pivot so quickly with rosa i imagine shes a good deal faster than ike but not shiek just curious

JJpalmer

Smash Journeyman
NNID
jjpalmer
3DS FC
2664-2947-4020
It just comes down to spacing. Anyway, they were fun matches, but I should probably go to bed. Got some work tomorrow. I'm usually on this time at night, so if you want to play more you know where to find me.
yea definitely out of the few characters i used what was solid and what needed a compelete overhaul

Demonstormkill

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3926-6919-7589
we can play now i juss want to use a different character
GGs again. Your Greninja is really good. Just the kind of practice I need. Robin can feel really clunky when you don't know how to deal with a certain playstyle, the rushdown and the projectiles were both just murdering me. Advice is welcome. Hope I can convince you to play again sometime!

Last edited:

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
God I can't play Greninjas. I want to learn how to counter them with Kirby, Pit, or Link. Anyone want to help me?

Last edited:

Parcheesy

Smash Ace
NNID
Large-tree
3DS FC
4656-7185-5694
Thank you for the matchs i cant really fight rosa well but i enjoyed the practice how did u do the pivot so quickly with rosa i imagine shes a good deal faster than ike but not shiek just curious
The pivoting is easy. Just run forward, pivot, then while you're turning, smash forward again to run. It's nothing special, just something I like to use to confuse opponents as to where I'm going. If you were talking about the pivot aerials, it's simply jumping out of pivot the frame your character finishes turning around. I had a lot of practice using it with Charizard in PM, and the skill carried over well.

yea definitely out of the few characters i used what was solid and what needed a compelete overhaul
I mean, without a doubt your Shiek is solid. She's definitely one character that can gimp me offstage relatively safely. I'd try ledge dropping an aerial that stays out a long time if you think I'm going to up b aiming for the ledge, as even the luma is in stun while I'm using my recovery.

Your Ike was much better once you stopped going for me offstage every time. Other than that, it's just spacing those aerials. Oh, and if you ever see me about to grab the ledge for a second time without touching the ground first or getting hit, find something to punish it quickly. The lack of invincibility on grabbing it is really a huge deal.

JJpalmer

Smash Journeyman
NNID
jjpalmer
3DS FC
2664-2947-4020
The pivoting is easy. Just run forward, pivot, then while you're turning, smash forward again to run. It's nothing special, just something I like to use to confuse opponents as to where I'm going. If you were talking about the pivot aerials, it's simply jumping out of pivot the frame your character finishes turning around. I had a lot of practice using it with Charizard in PM, and the skill carried over well.

I mean, without a doubt your Shiek is solid. She's definitely one character that can gimp me offstage relatively safely. I'd try ledge dropping an aerial that stays out a long time if you think I'm going to up b aiming for the ledge, as even the luma is in stun while I'm using my recovery.

Your Ike was much better once you stopped going for me offstage every time. Other than that, it's just spacing those aerials. Oh, and if you ever see me about to grab the ledge for a second time without touching the ground first or getting hit, find something to punish it quickly. The lack of invincibility on grabbing it is really a huge deal.
Thanks i need to work on the FE cast quite a bit since id like to be decent with all of them

DeViSION

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PharaoH56
3DS FC
3582-9979-3669
GGs again. Your Greninja is really good. Just the kind of practice I need. Robin can feel really clunky when you don't know how to deal with a certain playstyle, the rushdown and the projectiles were both just murdering me. Advice is welcome. Hope I can convince you to play again sometime!
juss mix up you playstyle...... Try not to be so predictable. That's where I excell. I kind of knew what you were doing or gonna do 80% of the time and I would punish with an upsmash. Don't rely on the grab so much. I let you grab me sometimes when I was at low damage so i can punish you later when you thought you can grab me. You should pressure me more when i was in the air.... Greninja doesn't have that great of an Air to Ground Game

JJpalmer

Smash Journeyman
NNID
jjpalmer
3DS FC
2664-2947-4020

Y'know, now that I think of it. You'd make a pretty good Rosalina. You can go pretty ham offstage against the fair share of the cast.
Ironically i like rosa i just cant grasp controlling luma properly it doesnt seem as techy as the ICs tho so i might have to give it a go

Top Bottom