• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The 2GGC: Civil War Discussion Thread

ZSaberLink

Smash Journeyman
I'm honestly unsure why he went Little Mac there. It really didn't seem to do anything to Rosalina or Luma... oh well.

Weirdly Hikaru did better against the Rosa main (1-3) than he did against Aba's pocket Rosa (0-3).

Last edited:

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
So with HIKARU and Zack, that is 2 players 18 or under in the top 8 at the biggest Smash 4 competition ever

It looks like the young blood is starting to take over this game..
More time, more practice essentially with younger age. I bet a few fantastic smashers or protegys have been held back from work or school being priority. Makes you really think about the sacrifices some of these top smashers make to be the best, especially Zero, Nairo...

TDK

Smash Master
NNID
GrayCN
I don't understand HIKARU's thought process there.

"Oh, Kirihara is juggling me forever and punishing my landings? Better go mac."

If someone could enlighten me on Mac-Rosa please share.

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
I don't understand HIKARU's thought process there.

"Oh, Kirihara is juggling me forever and punishing my landings? Better go mac."

If someone could enlighten me on Mac-Rosa please share.
My guess is that Luma stops DK from grabbing, 95% of his gameplay. So that inspired a switch.

Why to Mac? That I can't explain. May as well have gone Meta Knight with no knowledge and had a better chance sheerly due to MK's anti Rosa properties.

ZSaberLink

Smash Journeyman
More time, more practice essentially with younger age. I bet a few fantastic smashers or protegys have been held back from work or school being priority. Makes you really think about the sacrifices some of these top smashers make to be the best, especially Zero, Nairo...
Well neither Zero or Nairo went to college right? (Although Nairo graduated HS max 1 year ago?)

Dabuz beats Captain Zack 3-2.

Last edited:

ZSaberLink

Smash Journeyman
Yeh I think Dabuz will probably take this. Anyways, time for T vs Fatality! Go T!!!!

Ziodyne 21

Smash Lord
Well Zack still did better vs Dabuz here than Salem has ever done

Last edited:

Fenny

Smash Ace
Can Dabuz not pop off?

Like, ever again?

I love the guy but f*** my eyes

Last edited:

Nobie

Smash Champion
NNID
SDShamshel
3DS FC
2809-8958-8223
The FINAL EVOLUTION OF FOR GLORY.

TDK

Smash Master
NNID
GrayCN
I'll elaborate more on this later when I have time, but Link actually has all the tools he needs to viably compete in this game.

Ziodyne 21

Smash Lord
Zack vs Marss is going to be insane. Stocks are not going to last 10 seconds!!!!

Last edited:

ZSaberLink

Smash Journeyman
I'll elaborate more on this later when I have time, but Link actually has all the tools he needs to viably compete in this game.
It's really weird, because as a Link main, all the stuff he's doing, I know it's possible to do and can do it sometimes myself. He's not even really doing anything fancy. But T somehow manages to place aggressively yet safe. In addition, he just has his combos and reads on point. I don't think I've seen a Link get so many grabs against top players.

Last edited:

Guido65

Smash Apprentice
It's really weird, because as a Link main, all the stuff he's doing, I know it's possible to do and can do it sometimes myself. He's not even really doing anything fancy. But T somehow manages to place aggressively yet safe. In addition, he just has his combos and reads on point. I don't think I've seen a Link get so many grabs against top players.
T has a far stronger oos game then other top level links. He's much less prone to getting locked in shield compared to every other link as he's very good with up smash and up b oos.

Minordeth

Smash Ace
I feel silly saying this, but T is probably the most dangerous player right now in this tourney.

Betatech

Smash Apprentice
zack 3- marrs o
marss went lucario first time then switched to zss.

clean 3-0 for zack

also SOOOOOO many taunts from him.

ZSaberLink

Smash Journeyman
T has a far stronger oos game then other top level links. He's much less prone to getting locked in shield compared to every other link as he's very good with up smash and up b oos.
That's fair. But at the same time if you bait either of those out, Link's a sitting duck. I think it comes to T being a very smart player, filling in gaps other top Links haven't yet, and the general unfamiliarity with high-level Link play in general. Like I wouldn't be surprised if Mr. R would've beaten T, since he's pretty familiar with Link and plays Sheik, which is a horrible matchup for Link.

Also I admit every round T plays, I'm like "he's going to lose to X. Still an awesome run." Then he totally surprises me. I thought he had a chance against Fatality though (since Capt. Falcon is a decent matchup), but I think he'll lose to Dabuz (since T likes proving me wrong).

Last edited:

Fenny

Smash Ace
zack 3- marrs o
marss went lucario first time then switched to zss.

clean 3-0 for zack

also SOOOOOO many taunts from him.
It's funny cuz they're both DMG nakama

That's probably why he was more comfortable doing it more than he usually does, tbh

Last edited:

NairWizard

Somewhere
If Link somehow by some Rosalina-defeating miracle wins this tournament, I will acknowledge to RadicalLarry that he was right all along.

Last edited:

Ziodyne 21

Smash Lord
Ya know so manty people give Zack s*** for his pre-match showboatung, cocky attitude and numerous in game taunts. But he is actually really respectful as we saw after his matches with Dabuz and Marss I think everyone he faces knows it's really all in good fun

Zack is basically the WWE personality of Smash 4 , and this game could alwayas use someone like him to always get the crowd going

Last edited:
Top Bottom