• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The 2GGC: Civil War Discussion Thread

Fenny

Smash Ace
Kome 2-1 Tweek

Two Shulks in top 96

Rejoice you Monado Boys and Girls

Ziodyne 21

Smash Lord
A Shulk beat one of the best solo Cloud's at top level.

My life is complete now.

Who invalidates who now ya spiky haired dingbat!

Last edited:

Laken64

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0920-0523-8094
Looks like shulk will be the hot topic of the meta thread with all these upsets

ShadowGuy1

Smash Lord
Sucks that's Kome faces Fatality in Top 96. FPS2 did not make it look good at all for Kome.

D

Deleted member

Sucks that's Kome faces Fatality in Top 96. FPS2 did not make it look good at all for Kome.
Kome could've gotten notes from Fatality or learned the MU since then. Tremendo Dude got notes from him when he faced him at Smash Con.

TDK

Smash Master
NNID
GrayCN
Saj times out scizor on FD to take the set 2-1

Good stuff to scizor though, 97th is definitely solid

It's so awesome to see Link and especially Shulk making strides

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
There were people who thought (as of now) that Ike > Shulk, based on current trends?

I mean not like being ranked over Ike is the greatest of accomplishments but.....huh?

D

Deleted member

There were people who thought (as of now) that Ike > Shulk, based on current trends?

I mean not like being ranked over Ike is the greatest of accomplishments but.....huh?
I dunno, it's pretty common opinion in the metagame thread.

I've thought that he's better than Ike for months now.

Minordeth

Smash Ace
Wonderbreads Mac kept it close with Zero's Sheik right up until game 3. And then Zero murdered him forever and ever. 3-0.

TTTTTsd

NNID
InverseTangent
I dunno, it's pretty common opinion in the metagame thread.

I've thought that he's better than Ike for months now.
I don't see it in the modern age tbh. I mean the argument could've been feasibly made about 3-4 months ago, especially a year ago, but now? Just seems strange to me. Ike has similar issues but he lacks a mixup mechanic (a gimmick, if you will) and while he has better frame data he also gets gimped much easier.

I think the gap between the two characters will only grow unless more Ikes start going around besides like, Ryo. I don't think Ike is a dead end character either but....travel!

Last edited:

FeelMeUp

Smash Lord
NNID
BathMonster
Ike vs Shulk is a pointless argument. Feels the same as when people argue Puff vs Ganon.
I don't think anyone really cares about which character is better.

TTTTTsd

NNID
InverseTangent
Ike vs Shulk is a pointless argument. Feels the same as when people argue Puff vs Ganon.
I don't think anyone really cares about which character is better.
I'm struggling to see the point you're conveying? Nothing wrong with discussion beyond the top echelon of characters. It's thought provoking to go outside of the usual bubble of discussion, IMO.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
I'll wait for Shulk's Palutena-like surge to die down. Same pattern, same song and dance. Will probably last roughly the same amount of time, meaning it will stop roughly a month or two before the next tier list comes out.

Until then its entertaining to watch. Shulk is fun to see in action.

ARISTOS

Smash Ace
I'll wait for Shulk's Palutena-like surge to die down. Same pattern, same song and dance. Will probably last roughly the same amount of time, meaning it will stop roughly a month or two before the next tier list comes out.

Shulk is a lot more interesting and complex than Palutena ever was

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I'm struggling to see the point you're conveying? Nothing wrong with discussion beyond the top echelon of characters. It's thought provoking to go outside of the usual bubble of discussion, IMO.
I agree myself.

If anything the two can be compared because they're basically the poster boys for low-mid swordsmen that have... really big swords.

I dunno. Palutena's hype never reached the same highs as Shulk is right now. Not to mention he's been doing well ever since GOML 2016.

Though knowing you, it'll be hard to stray how you feel. You underestimate how passionate Shulk mains are about their character.

Last edited by a moderator:

NairWizard

Somewhere

Agree.

None of the discussion we have about any character is at all relevant. It doesn't matter who #1 is or who #50 is. We just discuss characters because we enjoy it, full stop.

Also, I predicted that ZeRo would get upset only because @Das Koopa jinxed him by saying that it was extremely unlikely given his pool.

Minordeth

Smash Ace
WaDi vs Larry hurts my soul. WaDi is so close to being a top tier player. From what I've seen of him versus the other explosive top tier player (Nairo) he just has to make a few minor adjustments in his play to be a consistent contender.

Aaaand just kidding. He's beasting on Larry right now.

soniczx123

Smash Journeyman
NNID
soniczx123
Switch FC
SW-2963-6512-0416

You don't seem to be a fan of bad characters making a splash and potentially rising, unless it's Ike.

Minordeth

Smash Ace
Larry is so good at adapting. Catching WaDi overrelying on Nair and predictable ledge play. WaDi got caught doing Drop>Uair off the ledge waaaay too much in game five. He did it literally three times in a row and got punished all three times. Ughhhh.

Lurr over WaDi 3-2.

Edit: one of the key differences between Aba and a WaDi is that Aba has better conversions off of Nair and is more willing to spam Dtilt and Shadow ball for spacing and safety.

WaDi is excellent at airdodging avoidance, but he started panicking at the ledge and went too much on autopilot.

Last edited:

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Apparently Vash beat Pugwest 2-1 but the score was reversed by the pool captain since Pugwest called foul on Vash's coach as they had a stray pair of instances shouting "play it safe" mid-match.

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1spo14t
These coaching rules are pretty dumb imho.
Shouting tips is something anyone in the audience can do, and it's not like the opponent can't catch something from there, too.
:196:

NotLiquid

Smash Lord
Every time I'm watching CaptainZack play it just feels like he's playing with infinite jump hacks on

Fenny

Smash Ace
Why is it that when you're playing Zack and he's at the ledge, you're still at a disadvantage

He's like a living breathing hitbox, Kameme couldn't touch him at the ledge to save his life

Every time I'm watching CaptainZack play it just feels like he's playing with infinite jump hacks on
He uses that third jump glitch like it's a regular part of her moveset, it's insane

Last edited:
Top Bottom