• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The 2GGC: Civil War Discussion Thread

Minordeth

Smash Ace
Mr E and Lucina take it 3-1 over M2K. A few times Mr E could have fast fallen his Nair 1 to confirm to Fsmash. If he learns how to do that, his Lucina will actually be gross.

Edit: or starts using jab 1 to lead into the confirm as well. Either/or.

Last edited:

Frihetsanka

Smash Champion
Lucina is, at worst, 2-3 spots lower than Marth. I think she's just 1 spot lower though. It's nice to see Mr. E use her more.

Minordeth

Smash Ace
Anyone else notice 9B really (re-) improved his play from his Ryu and early Bayo days? His frame traps and conversions are pretty on point. I still think Ikep is the better Japanese Bayo, but he is closing the gap.

Minordeth

Smash Ace
Luhtie lost the ground control game 4. If he goes back to that excellent pace he had in game 3, he will take it.

D

Deleted member

ZeRo loses to a ZSS, and it's not even Nairo or Marss.

let that sink in for a moment.

Minordeth

Smash Ace
Oh my god. Oh my god. Oh my god.
Quick analysis: Luhtie kept his ground game and baits extremely controlled. As long as he kept his cool, he shut down Zero's attempts to get in for CQC. Zero also dropped his banana play, probably to mix up his style for Game 5, and I think that ultimately damned him. He lost his confidence in his item play and let Luhtie play around him with superior platform movement.

Since Luhtie didn't have to fear landing on the ground as much, he was able to dance around Zero and gain superior positioning.

NairWizard

Somewhere
seemed like ZeRo was off his game today. Did you guys actually watch the matches? That was not calm, collected ZeRo in neutral.
but people will be people and jump to conclusions as they do

Ziodyne 21

Smash Lord
This is Ineed
What the **** just happened
Everything we think we know about Smash 4 is going out the window at Civil War and its only day freaking 2, that is whats happening!

Last edited:

|RK|

Smash Marketer
seemed like ZeRo was off his game today. Did you guys actually watch the matches? That was not calm, collected ZeRo in neutral.
but people will be people and jump to conclusions as they do
Xzax already said ZeRo was playing sloppy earlier. Jesus, man...

jet56

Smash Journeyman
OMGOMGOMGOMG!!!!! IS AZ RELEVANT YET!!!!???? No but seriously, that set was amazing.

Wintermelon43

Smash Champion
I leave....... for TWO HOURS....... and ZeRo loses and gets 49th???????

...Serisualy??? I can't even leave for two hours without you guys destroying the entire metagame??????

But serisualy though, wtf????????

Top Bottom