• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The 2GGC Championship thread

Ziodyne 21

Smash Lord
What the hell. Salem 3-0 over Void, who apparently forgot that Bayo’s Nair doesn’t have a hitbox underneath it, that he can crouch or literally just stand under ABK from the ledge, and kept approaching with a stock lead. Wtf.

EDIT: Void beat himself and played scared.
Void must of been shook after Salem made that big comeback Game 2. The last match was a straight up massacre

Last edited:

TDK

Smash Master
NNID
GrayCN
oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my god

Elegant beats KEN with the timeout in game 5

Luigi moves on

aaaaaaaaaaaaah

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
Elegant 3-2 KEN via timeout.

There's some sort of irony hidden here...

Pyrover

Smash Cadet
We always say that people never play campy enough. Looks like Elegant decided to test that theory, and damn did it work for him.

|RK|

Smash Marketer
We always say that people never play campy enough. Looks like Elegant decided to test that theory, and damn did it work for him.
That's pretty much what you have to do vs Sonic. I keep saying - Sonic's neutral is best when you're rushing him down. If you don't give him that, it becomes noticeably worse. Long lasting, low lag moves are good for stuffing spindash, and anything that clanks/forces Sonic to jump is also really good. Banana is one example, as is Luigi fireball.

Elegant basically did everything perfectly, including abusing Sonic's meh recovery. Dude put on a clinic.

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
Mario needs better damage output on every exchange. He can’t settle for single hits or trades, especially when he has to chase so hard. And he doesn’t really have the ability to do so. Ally needs to either optimize with footstool set ups, or pick a secondary.
:4drmario:

(I know this isn't what you mean but it's what came to mind)
(Maybe a Namekian-style fusion of the chars would help?)

Yonder

NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
MKLeo 3-0 Zero VERY one sided. With MK. Zero took one stock the whole set. Reminder, Zero got demolished by MKleo's MK last time too.

People need to explore the Diddy vs mk mu...

Nobie

Smash Champion
NNID
SDShamshel
3DS FC
2809-8958-8223
I've never seen Diddy's poor air speed exploited so thoroughly.

Ziodyne 21

Smash Lord
Salem wins the runback vs Elegant 3-1. Still was very amazing play It says something when you can make Bayo , friggin BAYO afraid of challenging you offstage.

Last edited:

TDK

Smash Master
NNID
GrayCN
This tournament has been some insane hype with brief periods of Salem killing it all

NotLiquid

Smash Lord
Hmm kinda sorta 2 for 3 in my Top 3 prediction but I expected Elegant to be the one to cinch it and Salem to be the one doing the Losers runback. Now I'm not so sure, Elegant has to do a Dante Must Die-level runback to power through but if KEN can finally defeat ZeRo he might still have a decent chance.

ShadowGuy1

Smash Lord
>Elegant Loses to Salem
>Elegant is sent to losers
>Elegant first match is vs Dabuz
>Likely Elegant right now

Yonder

NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
My money is on Leo winning, Zero 2nd with a losers run, Dabuz in 3rd. There's such little hope for Elegant beating Dabuz sadly

NotLiquid

Smash Lord
My money is on Leo winning, Zero 2nd with a losers run, Dabuz in 3rd. There's such little hope for Elegant beating Dabuz sadly
Salem and MKLeo are already a lock for Top 3. The question is whether Dabuz or ZeRo will be the third.

NotLiquid

Smash Lord
That was really close. Salem might not have taken it to Game 5 this time but Game 4 being a last hit situation just comes to show that these two are neck to neck. Salem is definitely the #2 player in the world right now.

Last edited:

Ziodyne 21

Smash Lord
Yet one more case of an ill-timed Monkey Flip cost ZeRo the set. Anyone have a tally of how many times it happened this year?
ZeRo no doubt has a poor habit of throwing it out unsafely under pressure.

Last edited:

NotLiquid

Smash Lord
Leo could have ended it earlier if he didn't save ZeRo the first stock lol

Laken64

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0920-0523-8094
Zero has lost 13K+ in earnings just in this season just to monkey flips...

Yonder

NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
Zero has to learn the MK MU or pick up a secondary. I think MK's multiple jumps let's him basically avoid touching the ground for banana set ups, whole his edgeguarding is basically second to none, making Diddy being off stage basically a death sentence. Diddy seems pretty susceptible to the ladder too, although idk how much the ladder varies on characters.

Ziodyne 21

Smash Lord
ZeRo's Monkey Flip habit has cost him sets in some of the worst characters . Bayo/ZSS/MK have shown they can punish one misplaced one into swift and instant death with thier ladder combos

Last edited:

Dawn111

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2079-9069-5382
This was such an amazing tournament tonight. MKLeo performed better than ever with Meta Knight after he beat ZeRo in this tournament, and I've already been impressed with his Cloud, Marth, and Corrin as well. It's not that ZeRo doesn't know the MK matchup, but more like MKLeo's Meta Knight is seriously godlike. Leo definitely put MK to make his name MKLeo for a reason.

Last edited:
Top Bottom