• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The 2GGC Championship thread

Ziodyne 21

Smash Lord
Tweek has always seemed had a bit of an issue with his nerves. Look at his sets vs Salem baHe seems to get shook more than most players when things are not looking good for him.

An example is his sets vs Salem back at Collision)

He defneitely mad made great improvements at controlling his nerves since then, but it still happens to him occasionally like it can to any pro.

But Tweek when he is fully collected is easily a 10 top player, close ot top 5 even for this season.

Last edited:

Minordeth

Smash Ace
And WaDi gets served by Ally. Of all the top players, Ally relies most on his ability to play his opponent specifically. He just got into WaDi’s head and made some key plays along the way.

TDK

Smash Master
NNID
GrayCN
WaDi could've made it if Tweek actually tried vs Ally

VoiD :4sheik: advances to the championship, Ally :4mario: advances to the playoffs

ShadowGuy1

Smash Lord
Wtf Kirihara is doing so well vs Bayonetta (Salem) rn.

Nvm

Last edited:

ShadowGuy1

Smash Lord
Bayonetta and Cloud are making me quite annoyed this tournament. Kirihara and Shuton playing well but Leo and Salem are just so good

The-Technique

Smash Ace
NNID
luckysharm
Holy ****...Leo completely dismantled Salem 3-0 with Marth. Has Leo dropped even a single set vs Bayo since he started going Marth instead of Cloud in the matchup?

NotLiquid

Smash Lord
Kirihara just saved Salem's run

I can't believe Salem got saved by his MU demon. Is this what they call poetic justice?

Last edited:

Minordeth

Smash Ace
Well, uh, huh. Elegant 3-1 over Salem. Salem got trashed in game 4. Bayo gotta be really careful, can’t play those offstage games against Luigi at all. Yeah, Luigi can’t chase her very well, but if he gets the lead, which isn’t hard given his damage output, he really doesn’t have to.

Brutal way for Salem to lose tho.

ShadowGuy1

Smash Lord
Elegant will be top 10 next season (v5) He is such a clutch and a good player. If he is able to travel more he will be top 10 or at least 12th (which he might already be)

Ilikebugs

Smash Cadet
Elegant beat Nairo 3-2 Im happy.He can totally beat Ally and does anyone know if he is guaranteed top8 now?

TDK

Smash Master
NNID
GrayCN
Elegant takes it over Nairo 3-2. He nearly lost because he got amisfire and went flying offstage but made it back.

Luigi is an absolute monster when perfected.

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
Elegant will be top 10 next season (v5) He is such a clutch and a good player. If he is able to travel more he will be top 10 or at least 12th (which he might already be)
Yeah,such a crazy set. Elegant 3-2 Nairo. One game had Nairo 0 death Elegant, only for Elegant to basically 0 death Nairo, taking 7%. So hype.

Vycoul

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Vycoul
Oh man. I haven't followed the Smash scene for over a year. I picked a hell of a day to start watching Smash again. These games have been crazy!
My heart sank when Elegant misfired off the stage. I have very limited Weegee knowledge, so I really thought that was gonna be it.

Last edited:

Yonder

NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
Oh man. I haven't followed the Smash scene for over a year. I picked a hell of a day to start watching Smash again. These games have been crazy!
My heart sank when Elegant misfired off the stage. I have very limited Weegee knowledge, so I really thought that was gonna be it.

Really surprised Nairo didn't try making a more above assault effort to gimp him there. Even if the risk of going low against Luigi is always there...

Ziodyne 21

Smash Lord
Holy s*** Salem finally, actullay beat Dabuz!!!

What a set' Damn!

Last edited:

ShadowGuy1

Smash Lord
As a Dabuz fan I’m upset given as that lose could keep him out of the top 8 because I feel Nairo will beat Dabuz (and maybe even Elegant). Hoping for Dabuz to make it through tho

Ziodyne 21

Smash Lord
Well no matter who you were rooting for, ya cant deny that was an amazing set, down to last game, last stock last hit.

For how much people hate on Salem for his tendency play passive and lame. He has been part of some of the hypest, most nail-biting sets of this year.

Wonder is Salem is going to build on the momentum of finally winning a set of his longtime demon.

Last edited:

Minordeth

Smash Ace
Spectacularly questionable decisions from Dabuz in that set. Like, what. I can’t tell if he was just over confident in key situations or uncharacteristically impatient. Salem’s whole game plan is to make people approach. Dabuz had full stock leads twice and still approached Salem. Whenever Salem had to approach, he got smacked, so I’m surprised Dabuz didn’t just push harder. It took away from his ability to Usmash and anti-air. Normally he throws them out so liberally, but he just kept walking in.

Ziodyne 21

Smash Lord
Seruously the Bayo MU is looking just as bad for Mario as his MU vs Sonic when you see how he has nearly the exact same stuggle.

It is not swords that is Mario's biggest bane in this game, its SEGA. Lol

Last edited:

Minordeth

Smash Ace
Mario needs better damage output on every exchange. He can’t settle for single hits or trades, especially when he has to chase so hard. And he doesn’t really have the ability to do so. Ally needs to either optimize with footstool set ups, or pick a secondary.

D

Deleted member

Elegant has been doing very well recently, he gives a lot of top players trouble with Luigi! And Link is being used 14 times in 2GG Championships and is the fifth most used character so far.

Last edited by a moderator:

Yonder

NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
Elegant has been doing very well recently, he gives a lot of top players trouble with Luigi! And Link is beung used 14 times in 2GG Championships and is the fifth most used character so far.
Do you have a link to these stats at all please?

The-Technique

Smash Ace
NNID
luckysharm
Nairo literally lost to all of the players with terrible records against him. Gotta feel for him.

TDK

Smash Master
NNID
GrayCN
So, here's the 2GGC Finale top 8 (Everyone starts in winners for the first set):

ZeRo :4diddy: vs Dabuz :rosalina:
MKLeo :4cloud2: :4marth: vs Abadango :4bayonetta2: :4mewtwo:
VoiD :4sheik: vs Salem :4bayonetta2:
Elegant :4luigi: vs KEN :4sonic:

ZeRo > Dabuz
Leo > Aba
Void > Salem
KEN > Elegant
Dabuz > Aba (7th)
Elegant > Salem (7th)
ZeRo > Leo
KEN > VoiD
Leo > Elegant (5th)
Dabuz > VoiD (5th)
ZeRo > KEN
Leo > Dabuz (4th)
Leo > KEN (3rd)
ZeRo > Leo

ZeRo wins

Dabuz > ZeRo
Aba > Leo
VoiD > Salem
KEN > Elegant
ZeRo > Leo (7th)
Elegant > Salem (7th)
Dabuz > Aba
VoiD > KEN
Elegant > Aba (5th)
ZeRo > KEN (5th)
Dabuz > VoiD
ZeRo > Elegant (4th)
ZeRo > VoiD (3rd)
Dabuz > ZeRo

Dabuz wins

NNID
User7a1
Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Do you have a link to these stats at all please?
https://smash.gg/tournament/2gg-championship/events/2gg-championship/stats
Although, the number of times used is the number of games played in the Group Stage. This does not include character data from the Playoff Group, LCQ and Arcadian. The latter two make sense, but why the Group Stage data is not being represented is puzzling.
I just get these stats from the website he mentioned, sorry for forgetting to mention the websites. I just get my information from there; I am no smash brothers expert. You both probably are.

Championship Rounds: https://smash.gg/tournament/2gg-championship/events/2gg-championship/brackets/138127/386470

Last edited by a moderator:

NotLiquid

Smash Lord
Bold prediction but I'm pegging Elegant and MKLeo for Top 3. They've both shown the capacity to tear through their side of the winners bracket. I 'unno who to put at 3, conventional wisdom says ZeRo, but Salem has enough of an x-factor to throw a figurative monkey wrench into ZeRo's literal monkey business. I don't expect KEN to make it out but that's mostly dependent on him still not overcoming Salem.

ShadowGuy1

Smash Lord
Zero:4diddy:3-0Dabuz:rosalina:

Zero playing like early 2016/2015 Zero and Dabuz is playing odd today. Zero on fire though and I don’t see much stopping him

TDK

Smash Master
NNID
GrayCN
Oof. Just when you think Aba beats his demon Leo turns it on game 5 with a dominant 2-stock. Leo takes it 3-2, but Aba put up an amazing fight.

Minordeth

Smash Ace
What the hell. Salem 3-0 over Void, who apparently forgot that Bayo’s Nair doesn’t have a hitbox underneath it, that he can crouch or literally just stand under ABK from the ledge, and kept approaching with a stock lead. Wtf.

EDIT: Void beat himself and played scared.

Last edited:
Top Bottom