• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The 2GGC Championship thread

TDK

Smash Master
NNID
GrayCN
After a year of sagas, we're finally at the payoff. the 2GGC Championship has 20 of the world's best in attendance for an invitational, and it will be amazing.

Stream: twitch.tv/2ggaming
Bracket: https://smash.gg/tournament/2gg-championship/events

Group A:
Dabuz :rosalina:
KEN :4sonic:
Samsora :4peach:
T :4link:

Group B:
Abadango :4mewtwo: :4bayonetta2:
Captain Zack :4bayonetta2:
Komorikiri :4cloud2: :4sonic:
Nairo :4zss:

Group C:
Ally :4mario:
Tweek :4cloud2: :4dk: :4bayonetta2:
VoiD :4sheik:
WaDi :4mewtwo:

Group D:
ZeRo :4diddy:
Larry Lurr :4fox:
Fatality :4falcon:
LCQ winner

Group E:
MKLeo :4cloud2: :4marth: :4metaknight:
Salem :4bayonetta2:
Kirihara :rosalina:
Shuton :4olimar:

the LCQ will happen off-stream, but here's the projected top 8:

Winners:
Mr. R :4sheik: vs Elegant :4luigi:
Mistake :4bayonetta2: vs Cosmos :4corrinf:

Losers:
Zenyou :4mario: vs Charliedaking :4fox:
Mr. E :4lucina: :4marth: vs Falln :rosalina:

The first two pools are happening today, the next two are happening tomorrow, along with the second phase. The top 8 happens sunday.

You do not want to miss this.

Last edited:

ShadowGuy1

Smash Lord
Your actually missing an entire group (which plays tommorow)

Leo:4cloud2::4marth::4corrinf:
Salem:4bayonetta:
Kirihara:rosalina:
Shuton:4olimar:

Wintermelon43

Smash Champion
I don't want to miss it but I probably will unless they move it back an hour :p

NNID
User7a1
Notable sets from the LCQ bracket.
Mr. R :4sheik: 2-1 AEMehr :4miigun:
Vash :4littlemac: 2-0 Locus :4ryu:
Tyrant, TLTC, and Zenyou DQ'ed.

Last edited:

Minordeth

Smash Ace
Welp, Dabuz 3-1 over Samsora. Honestly, if Dabuz can make it past KEN, he has a decent chance to take the whole thing. He spent the last two game just brutalizing Samsora.

NNID
User7a1
DSS :4metaknight: 2-1 Mr. E :4marth::4lucina:
Elegant :4luigi: 2-1 Vash :4littlemac:
Razo :4peach: 2-1 Mistake :4bayonetta:

Last edited:

Minordeth

Smash Ace
All of you reading this thread, please go back and watch that KEN vs T set. That was just a white knuckle, down to the wire match. T has really done well adjusting his play, and I think has figured out the Sonic MU enough to almost take it.

Like, it was literally what, 7% difference at the timeout in game 5? T took the best Sonic in the world and probably top 10 player down to the last thread of the match

Last edited:

ShadowGuy1

Smash Lord
Does anyone know how to find the information you people have ( what I mean is this person 3 - 0 this person ) on the site you mentioned? https://smash.gg/tournament/2gg-championship/events - Help would be appreciated.
You click on the like black text such as group stage or bracket. There you might see another like chart thing withbplayer tags. If not you should see the bracket. If you see the chart like thin with the player names click it again to see brackets

TDK

Smash Master
NNID
GrayCN
...if you need me, I'll be over here, sobbing my eyes out.

For real though, I'm so incredibly proud of T for his progress in the Sonic matchup. over the year, it went from a blowout to KEN to several very close calls. If T keeps playing by that he might be able to get out.

Minordeth

Smash Ace
...if you need me, I'll be over here, sobbing my eyes out.

For real though, I'm so incredibly proud of T for his progress in the Sonic matchup. over the year, it went from a blowout to KEN to several very close calls. If T keeps playing by that he might be able to get out.
I was dying, DYING, at the end of that set. T played with great patience for the most part, and didn't go super grab happy.

I'm bummed that he has to face Dabuz next. I don't know if he has been labbing it as hard as the Sonic MU, but hopefully he's spent some time with Kirihara.

ShadowGuy1

Smash Lord
Honestly that set was so hype and was so tense. Top 10 set of the year imo. (Referring to KEN v T)

Wintermelon43

Smash Champion
I'll have to make sure to watch it later, I missed it

Also, why are they doing all this random stuff in the middle of it? How hard is it to just play the smash bros matches that people actually came on to see?

Wintermelon43

Smash Champion
Okay serisualy this is rediculous I have been waiting for like 20 minutes now, are the actual matches not playing on the main stream or something?

Minordeth

Smash Ace
T playing much better vs Dabuz, but Dabuz is so good at utilizing his opponent's desire to fish, T is really gotta keep his tendencies under control.

ShadowGuy1

Smash Lord
They want to show analytical stuff as well. It drags the sets on but it’s good insight.

Also Dabuz is playing so well today. He could potentially take the whole thing if he keeps up the momentum

D

Deleted member

You click on the like black text such as group stage or bracket. There you might see another like chart thing withbplayer tags. If not you should see the bracket. If you see the chart like thin with the player names click it again to see brackets
Thanks! This will come in handy for my activity!

Elegant :4luigi: 3 - 0 DSS :4metaknight: ( I think Meta Knight )

( Elegant is pretty brutal with his Luigi sometimes. )

Last edited by a moderator:

ShadowGuy1

Smash Lord
Mr. r > Falln

Samsora and T are unable to advance (but will still play I think)

KEN and Dabuz’s match will determine who gets to not go through the playoff round and straight to Sunday

D

Deleted member

Ken :4sonic: 3 - 1 Dabuz :rosalina:

- I like posting information for all of you, great thread with a lot of potential!

Last edited by a moderator:

ShadowGuy1

Smash Lord
I really hope T gets more chances to come out to the west next year. He played so well today but lost to 2 demons.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
And so, Elegant beat Cosmos in the LCQ, not without a fight since Cosmos managed to Reset the bracket first.
:196:

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
Looks like Cosmos beat Elegant 3-1 in GFs to reset...

Then Elegant beat Cosmos 3-1, winning the tournament.

Good job!

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
We're definitely going to have to talk about this MU now, since Komo seems genuinely more confident with Roy than Cloud.
I'm gonna tribute a LOT of Mu inexperience for now, unless it becomes a recurrent thing like Macs constantly beating out Bayos.

But Roys fares ok especially early kills and damage racking. You just gotta be soooo careful off stage.

Minordeth

Smash Ace
I posted something in the CCI thread, but Komo as a player is both conservative and likes to swing to condition. It makes his Cloud less effective against Bayo. With Roy, he gets the frame traps and a good edge game that he likes, plus the ability to use a potent grab game to bypass the fear of Witch Time.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Not quite just yet.
If Aba>Zack and Nairo>Komo, then it comes down to tie breakers.
:196:

The-Technique

Smash Ace
NNID
luckysharm
mad props to Abadango for defeating all of his demons so far

holy moly, Zack and Komo are actually out, Nairo is still in this tournament thanks to Abadango beating Zack and Nairo himself beating Komo 3-1.

Nairo still afloat

Last edited:

TDK

Smash Master
NNID
GrayCN
So here's who moves on after today:

Advances to finals:
KEN :4sonic:
Abadango :4bayonetta2: :4mewtwo:

Advances to playoffs:
Dabuz :rosalina:
Nairo :4zss:

Additionally, Elegant :4luigi: won the LCQ, so that's one more unique character to the mix.

ShadowGuy1

Smash Lord
Congratulations to EMP I WaDi for winning 2GG Chanpionship and for winning life

Top Bottom