• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official The 20XX Melee Training Hack Pack (v5.0.2 - 1/20/2023)

schmooblidon

Smash Journeyman
Dude not being able to change the camera in develop mode is really annoying. Maybe a toggle for c-stick in 1p would fix it.

Eterney

Smash Rookie
you have to force PAL60 Video output. depending on which loader you use, the setting switch for this is in a different place
Unfortunately it didn't work, I use Nintendont and when I go to settings -> Video and I set it on Force PAL60, the game just doesn't start at all. Black screen. Same for PAL50. And with MPAL, the game runs in black & white as well.
Maybe I should use a different loader ? Or is there any way to convert the iso itself to PAL ? I see converters here and there on the internet but I wonder if it will work on a hacked iso.

zz_halim

Smash Apprentice
Unfortunately it didn't work, I use Nintendont and when I go to settings -> Video and I set it on Force PAL60, the game just doesn't start at all. Black screen. Same for PAL50. And with MPAL, the game runs in black & white as well.
Maybe I should use a different loader ? Or is there any way to convert the iso itself to PAL ? I see converters here and there on the internet but I wonder if it will work on a hacked iso.
i haven't yet found a way to play NTSC Melee on a PAL Setup with nintendont. it only works with dios mios.

edit: oh okay, i just noticed you said that you use dios mios in a post but then nintendont i another post. you confused something there nintendont has nothing to do with dios mios, it's independent from the so called MIOS which normally runs Gamecube games on a Wii.
So you can't load a game to run with dios mios by selecting it in nintendont. you have to use either dios-mios-booter (i recommend this one, it just works) or another loader of your preference.

Last edited:

Eterney

Smash Rookie
zz_halim -> in fact, to be more specific, I installed the game on my USB with the DIOS MIOS toolbox but I loaded it with Nintendont.
Anyway, I solved my problem by using a NTSC to PAL gamecube iso converter I found on the internet, it worked on the hacked 20XX iso and I can now play it in color. So nevermind lol, thanks for your advice

T0RN

I'm Torn
I was watching Mango's stream the other night and, and he had some very cool mods within the 20XX Hack Pack. For example, he had a multicolored shine for fox and falco, and some cool custom costumes. Anyone know how I could do something similar?

CeLL

Smash Lord
I was watching Mango's stream the other night and, and he had some very cool mods within the 20XX Hack Pack. For example, he had a multicolored shine for fox and falco, and some cool custom costumes. Anyone know how I could do something similar?
For textures look here: http://smashboards.com/threads/official-melee-texture-hack-thread.361190/

Idk where the download for rainbow shine is but here's where you can learn to change it: http://smashboards.com/threads/changing-color-effects-in-melee.313177/

MitchellHess

Smash Rookie
I downloaded the 20xx hack today using dios mios. I cant run retail discs anymore from the disc channel. This may not be the best place but... how can i load the discs?

Thanks

schmooblidon

Smash Journeyman
Could you just make an iso with only the debug hack.
Yeh, but having to switch out isos everytime I wonna use develop mode is long. I can only imagine a toggle for the cstick in develop mode code would fix the issue.

zz_halim

Smash Apprentice
zz_halim -> in fact, to be more specific, I installed the game on my USB with the DIOS MIOS toolbox but I loaded it with Nintendont.
Anyway, I solved my problem by using a NTSC to PAL gamecube iso converter I found on the internet, it worked on the hacked 20XX iso and I can now play it in color. So nevermind lol, thanks for your advice
wowowow what? so this means you can now run the modified 20xx hack pack with nintendont???
pls tell me more :D which converter did you use?

Achilles1515

Smash Master
This is going to work with any version that has that feature including 3.03, right?
Edit: Seems that I've found the values 408201e4 at 0x27858. I don't know what to think of that exactly so I'll just wait for your input, oh great achilles, haha. :p

Also, strangely enough, all doing that seemed to do is remove the custom stage previews. The color boarders are gone at first but after toggling the custom stages on and off again, they return.

Oh, and one last question. What file contains the blue PS stage?
Just go to the offset I mentioned, not 0x27858. This will certainly change next version, though.

Idk about the stage select thing....all I can say is MnSlMap.usd is the normal and MnSlMap.dat is the hacked.

Blue Pokemon is GrPs.dat

And these alt filenames will probably change in the next version as well.

Last edited:

Eterney

Smash Rookie
wowowow what? so this means you can now run the modified 20xx hack pack with nintendont???
pls tell me more :D which converter did you use?
128bit. me/index.php?topic=27890.0 (just delete the space to make a link, I can't post it because I didn't make 10 posts yet) this is the converter I used ! The guy explains everything in his post, you just have to follow his instructions. As I said before, I converted the iso that was already hacked.

Last edited:

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
achilles, is there any way you could code in a marvel-style mode where you get 3 characters at 1-stock each, and you get to tag characters in and out?

sounds like a bit of a stretch, but i thought it sounded really cool

Red Dress

Knight in Rusty Armor
Hey there, here to report that I am getting another funky glitch/bug besides the game freezing shield bug.

Whenever there are more than 2 players slotted damage goes up and down randomly, when a player is hit their correct percent shows, but then it goes back to 0% and after a few seconds it fluctuates wildly.

schmooblidon

Smash Journeyman
he means there is only so much space in the .dol for custom codes, so only the most important/best codes should be put in
This mod was built for practice and testing, develop mode is a hugely beneficial tool for this. Can't understand why you wouldn't want to fix this, but whatever.

CeLL

Smash Lord
This mod was built for practice and testing, develop mode is a hugely beneficial tool for this. Can't understand why you wouldn't want to fix this, but whatever.
I'd imagine that you could just "undo" the cstick mod on a 20XX dol and do what you want. Check out the dol mod thread and change the offset that it gives back to the original hex, which is listed.

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Hey there. I downloaded this and it works great, except when I press Dpad up while shielding. When the character whose shield is hit, it instantly goes really really small and teleports a bit below the character. If I then press shield again it freezes the game and an audibly loud "BRRRRRRRRRR" emits.

Is this a known issue and are there any fixes for it?
Are you pressing R+D-Pad Up or L+D-Pad Up? Is Player One in the match when this happens?
Hey there, here to report that I am getting another funky glitch/bug besides the game freezing shield bug.

Whenever there are more than 2 players slotted damage goes up and down randomly, when a player is hit their correct percent shows, but then it goes back to 0% and after a few seconds it fluctuates wildly.
Turn off the Frame Counter code.
achilles, is there any way you could code in a marvel-style mode where you get 3 characters at 1-stock each, and you get to tag characters in and out?

sounds like a bit of a stretch, but i thought it sounded really cool
Maybe in a makeshift sort of way…I’ve been thinking of something similar but more like a tag-team doubles mode.

But in a 1v1 sense, the only way I see this being feasible with the knowledge I currently have is to do something like this:

Each player gets two characters, selected as different players on the CSS on the same team. And that main player will be able to control both characters at the same time (like the “Control all humans” code, but each player can control only two characters).

One of the characters starts the match normally, and the other is put into a “disabled”, frozen state.

- If I forced the coordinates of a player to be in the air and out of the camera view, and also made their body state intangible, then you would have no idea they were in the game (aside from on-screen percents. camera,…oh and the offscreen bubble which would suck).

- So maybe a better idea would be to make the “disabled” character invisible, which I know how to do. And intangible. And then continuously copy the x-y coordinates of the “active” character over to the disabled character. So the disabled character is invisibly following your current one. The camera would never get messed up this way.

And then when you press a d-pad button, your players switch (which would take some time, like 3 seconds or something). Another rule to maybe implement is that you have to be on the ground in order to switch.

I actually did a test with switching the taunt animation to the “entry warp in” animation (just the blue teleport rings coming in around your character) and it worked and was awesome. And you couldn’t move while your character was in this animation like normal. BUT the warp-in animation conserved momentum….so I’d run on the ground with Falcon and then taunt (warp-in) and I’d just be sliding horizontal offstage in the awesome warp-in animation until it ended, at which point you would fall and then could move (and then do like a backjump towards the stage to knee/uair edgeguard). It was wicked fun. I think I still have the code, I might have to make a gif of it for you guys after work. And actually…keeping the momentum conservation during tag-in might be an awesome advanced technique for this version.

So I guess you could do tag team singles or doubles like this - with doubles just disabling the function stated above to have one player control two characters. Still a lot to think about, but I think it could be new meta.

EDIT: I forgot to add frozen (not in the ice way) as a characteristic of the disabled character. So frozen, intangible, and invisible.

Last edited:

Red Dress

Knight in Rusty Armor
Are you pressing R+D-Pad Up or L+D-Pad Up? Is Player One in the match when this happens?
Regardless of triggers pressed it happens. I've tried it with all different player port configurations and it happens all the same. I can make a video for proof if that will help any future development support.

Last edited:

Fishaman P

Smash Apprentice
For you guys out there using DIOS MIOS, please switch to Nintendont.
This is coming from a longtime DIOS MIOS fan, but I'm never looking back.

1) DIOS MIOS must be installed on each Wii you want to use for 20XX.
2) DIOS MIOS can be picky about the system or hard drive it uses.
3) Nintendont's load times. You cannot comprehend how fast they are. Faster than Dolphin.

Gibstack693

Smash Rookie
Problem: My version is 1.00. How can I play this without emulating the game with dolphin and playing it on pc (since A, it is illegal, and B, my computer cant run melee at a half decent speed). Where can I get 1.02 at a decent price, or is there a way to get 1.02 onto a disc to play, or something like that. I really want to play with this.. :(

Last edited:

zz_halim

Smash Apprentice
Problem: My version is 1.00. How can I play this without emulating the game with dolphin and playing it on pc (since A, it is illegal, and B, my computer cant run melee at a half decent speed). Where can I get 1.02 at a decent price, or is there a way to get 1.02 onto a disc to play, or something like that. I really want to play with this.. :(
there are version converter tools :)
http://smashboards.com/threads/ssbm-version-converter-patcher-32-bit-beta-released.295223/

Stride

Smash Ace
North-west England (near Manchester/Liverpool)
It's not illegal; emulation is fine (which is why distribution/development of Dolphin hasn't been shut down by Nintendo), as is dumping your own ISO from your own legally owned copy of the game. Downloading someone else's ISO is what's illegal.

Last edited:

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Dude not being able to change the camera in develop mode is really annoying. Maybe a toggle for c-stick in 1p would fix it.
Like Cell said, you could take out the "C-stick in 1P" and "C-stick in Develop Mode (the two line version from Magus and I)" by putting the original values in at their DOL mod offset. If you do that then disable in-game codes, it should act normal.

I'm curious as to what you use the different cameras for.

------------------------
@ zz_halim zz_halim
You were in my dream last night.....I barely remember any details from it, though. I have no idea what we were doing or why you were there (I think I was more...observing you, for some reason. Like in a people-watching way). But you were quiet, and went along your business without needing much interaction from people. I had to find out from a different source that you were a professional race car driver because you would never boast about something like that. Idk...it was a weird one. I wish I remembered more.

(I have no interest in NASCAR btw)

Last edited:

zz_halim

Smash Apprentice
wow i don't know what to say :o
the human brain is kinda random sometimes...
as a big fan of your work i'm flattered though :D

btw i don't even have a driver's license ^^

Last edited:

Wubbs

Smash Rookie
NNID
Wubbs
3DS FC
4484-7999-7990
Which file is the enable c-stick in 1st player mode? That's all I want.

CeLL

Smash Lord
Which file is the enable c-stick in 1st player mode? That's all I want.
While this change is in start.dol, that's not the answer you're looking for. To make an iso with only the c-stick in singleplayer mod, check out the DOL mod thread and make the corresponding change to a vanilla start.dol and import that into your iso.

undergroundmonorail

Smash Cadet
I noticed the concise version of the installation tutorial was almost 5 minutes long, so I made this:

A minute and a half. :p

(I don't know how useful it is, but I wanted to try out my new editing software. I had nothing better to do, so here we are.)

joebigs

Smash Rookie
NNID
joebigs
Hey can someone help me? So I have 20xx installed with dios mios. When I go to my debug menu I don't get all those options that are supposed to be there. All I get is this:

Can someone help me?

Top Bottom