• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official The 20XX Melee Training Hack Pack (v5.0.2 - 1/20/2023)

JoeyS

Smash Rookie
Okay, so I was trying to hack my wii and it was working (the letterbomb and the backup thing) but when I try to use the IOS236 installer it doesn't work. I tried the other version (non-installer but it wasn't working either. My system is up to date and I have no idea what the problem could be.

mooki

Smash Apprentice
I think anything before r210 should work.
Downloaded v209 after reading what you said. Unfortunately it has the same problem. What's the version you use that never has this problem?

Also, I'm suprised that this is never I problem for all the people I see posting about Nintendont praising how much better than DIOS MIOS it is. I mean, it's better of course but it has a bug whereas DM never did.

Edit: Oops, didn't mean to double post.

Last edited:

Doq

Smash Lord
Downloaded v209 after reading what you said. Unfortunately it has the same problem. What's the version you use that never has this problem?

Also, I'm suprised that this is never I problem for all the people I see posting about Nintendont praising how much better than DIOS MIOS it is. I mean, it's better of course but it has a bug whereas DM never did.

Edit: Oops, didn't mean to double post.
I don't remember. It's really really old though.

JipC

Smash Journeyman
Finally got GC games working on my Wii last night and this was the first thing I put on it. Works great, except some text is a bit... glitchy? Sometimes it'll just have a corrupted/glitch symbol at the end. By no means does it effect gameplay or make anything unreadable, its not even on all text, but I dont get why its there
Also how much of a hassle would it be to switch to Nintendont? I might, depending on what the pros are over Dios Mios, I didnt realize it was the more prefered method when I was modding my Wii last night

mooki

Smash Apprentice
I don't remember. It's really really old though.
Could you link me the dol maybe? :)
Finally got GC games working on my Wii last night and this was the first thing I put on it. Works great, except some text is a bit... glitchy? Sometimes it'll just have a corrupted/glitch symbol at the end. By no means does it effect gameplay or make anything unreadable, its not even on all text, but I dont get why its there
Also how much of a hassle would it be to switch to Nintendont? I might, depending on what the pros are over Dios Mios, I didnt realize it was the more prefered method when I was modding my Wii last night
It's a "side-effect" of the mod, most likely caused by added things to the game in spots that were blank, but for the very reason of being blank. I may be 100% wrong though.

Also, To switch to Nintendont you just need to reinstall the old BC-NUS-v6 and RVL-mios-v10. Then you just boot Nintendont like any other HB app. Here's a link to the legal wads if you need it: https://mega.co.nz/#!uQYjFCIZ!FfbvUh147btENh84dLNG6ceUQBATaZTfAHPKJ0iamtU

Last edited:

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Just through a normal USB cable. Its just like having a normal card reader. Just slower because its suppose to go SD to PC. Not the other way around.
You need to remake the ISO because you can't overwrite files on an ISO with one that is larger. It must be rebuilt. It sounds like you need to buy a USB SD card reader.

Okay, so I was trying to hack my wii and it was working (the letterbomb and the backup thing) but when I try to use the IOS236 installer it doesn't work. I tried the other version (non-installer but it wasn't working either. My system is up to date and I have no idea what the problem could be.
Make sure you are using the IOS 236 download files from this page. And make sure your Wii is connected to the internet and just do the "Download from NUS" option.
Text is messed up because I added codes in the DOL in area that I thought was "free space" but was actually part of the letter textures. I should be able to have this totally cleaned up in the next version.

mooki

Smash Apprentice
Are you gonna call the next version 4.0? Sounds like you're redoing everything in a better way.

Dinowulf

Smash Journeyman
Hey Achilles I wanted to ask a question. One of your features on 20xx is to press a action and then P2 will spam it.

Toggle Spoiler
(L+R+D-Pad Up) P1 Choose P2 Action Spam [Achilles]
  • After button activator is pressed, P2 stands still and a color tint is given to P2 for 3 seconds.
  • After 3 seconds has elapsed, P2 will spam whatever input P1 is inputting at that exact moment.
    • So remember, it's not the last move you did. It's the button input you are doing after 3 seconds runs out.
  • Only applies to buttons and joystick. C-STICK IS NOT REGISTERED.
---> gif <---

Extending on this feature. Would it be possible to set a Recording multiple inputs like the Street fighter IV Games Before Replaying it?

JoeyS

Smash Rookie
I installed IOS236 but when I loaded Priiloader it said "eIOS58 isn't ES_Identify patcd : error -107 .. aborting mision..." I'm not sure if something went wrong with IOS236, but it asked me if I'm gonna pirate games or not after everything supposedly downloaded and after that it closed out, so I think that went good.

Doq

Smash Lord
I installed IOS236 but when I loaded Priiloader it said "eIOS58 isn't ES_Identify patcd : error -107 .. aborting mision..." I'm not sure if something went wrong with IOS236, but it asked me if I'm gonna pirate games or not after everything supposedly downloaded and after that it closed out, so I think that went good.
update your IOS58

JoeyS

Smash Rookie
update your IOS58
How?

edit: nvm I'll just google it

Okay, so I downloaded IOS58 but the boot.dol file is corrupted. I've tried a few different websites in re-downloading it, so I don't know what the problem is. Also, IOS58 was already on the HBC when I press home it said v24.32, guessing I need a higher version?

Last edited:

ssknight7

Smash Apprentice
How do I disable Y+D-Pad Left Freeze P1 except SDI after enabling it?

Sometimes I'll enter this key combo while quickly trying to load state after a missed jump. When it goes into this freeze state, I see I can hit Y+D-Pad Left to re-animate my character but the next hit from P1 will again freeze except for SDI.

Once enabled, how do I permanently disable the Y+DPad Left toggle so the next hit will not freeze P1?

Didact25

Smash Rookie
So I found a pretty cool glitch or something, it makes the cpu spam powershield. You need the debug mode set to develop to do the frame by frame. Set cpu to grab oos and then use the frame by frame to hit the shield. Then it just happens. While the cpu spams this, you cannot use the z button and to fix it you have to press pause. In the gif I show the whole process. I can't post a link yet cause I don't have 10 posts yet haha.

gfycat.com/MisguidedSecondAnemoneshrim

Last edited by a moderator:

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Are you gonna call the next version 4.0? Sounds like you're redoing everything in a better way.
Idk. Maybe. If everything goes as planned, it will have tons of new awesome stuff. It's always easier for the end user if the updates are simple integers, but we'll see.
How do I disable Y+D-Pad Left Freeze P1 except SDI after enabling it?

Sometimes I'll enter this key combo while quickly trying to load state after a missed jump. When it goes into this freeze state, I see I can hit Y+D-Pad Left to re-animate my character but the next hit from P1 will again freeze except for SDI.

Once enabled, how do I permanently disable the Y+DPad Left toggle so the next hit will not freeze P1?
Hmmm, I figured toggling it off like you said you did would revert them to being completely normal. But I think someone else has mentioned this before, so maybe there is something wrong with it. I'll try and look into it when I get a chance.
So I found a pretty cool glitch or something, it makes the cpu spam powershield. You need the debug mode set to develop to do the frame by frame. Set cpu to grab oos and then use the frame by frame to hit the shield. Then it just happens. While the cpu spams this, you cannot use the z button and to fix it you have to press pause. In the gif I show the whole process. I can't post a link yet cause I don't have 10 posts yet haha.

gfycat.com/MisguidedSecondAnemoneshrim
I fixed the link. Yeah I noticed this awhile back when I was messing around in Develop Mode. Those player action toggles hate Develop Mode for some reason.
Hey Achilles I wanted to ask a question. One of your features on 20xx is to press a action and then P2 will spam it.

Toggle Spoiler
(L+R+D-Pad Up) P1 Choose P2 Action Spam [Achilles]
  • After button activator is pressed, P2 stands still and a color tint is given to P2 for 3 seconds.
  • After 3 seconds has elapsed, P2 will spam whatever input P1 is inputting at that exact moment.
    • So remember, it's not the last move you did. It's the button input you are doing after 3 seconds runs out.
  • Only applies to buttons and joystick. C-STICK IS NOT REGISTERED.
---> gif <---

Extending on this feature. Would it be possible to set a Recording multiple inputs like the Street fighter IV Games Before Replaying it?
I briefly attempted this and it did not go well. It did basic actions fine but once I started speeding up it would miss inputs. It might be just be a project in itself to implement something like this. It would be quite awesome. It's on the "sometime in the future" to-do list.

Last edited:

JipC

Smash Journeyman
Could you link me the dol maybe? :)

It's a "side-effect" of the mod, most likely caused by added things to the game in spots that were blank, but for the very reason of being blank. I may be 100% wrong though.

Also, To switch to Nintendont you just need to reinstall the old BC-NUS-v6 and RVL-mios-v10. Then you just boot Nintendont like any other HB app. Here's a link to the legal wads if you need it: https://mega.co.nz/#!uQYjFCIZ!FfbvUh147btENh84dLNG6ceUQBATaZTfAHPKJ0iamtU
Cool thanks. I just looked up the compatibility list compared to DM's and I don't see much of a reason to use DM any more. Can you install games onto your hard drive on Nintendont like CFG USB Loader lets you?

Last edited:

ItsChon

Smash Apprentice
*Sees title.*

*Decides to click on thread.*

*Sees opening image.*

*Shakes head and walks away.*

Didact25

Smash Rookie
*Sees title.*

*Decides to click on thread.*

*Sees opening image.*

*Shakes head and walks away.*
What the hell are you talking about?
I fixed the link. Yeah I noticed this awhile back when I was messing around in Develop Mode. Those player action toggles hate Develop Mode for some reason.
Oh cool then, I thought it was pretty neat. The cpu will powershield every hit of any multi jab haha

trasheater64

Smash Rookie
@ Achilles1515 Achilles1515

have you considered making some of the All Player toggles a little more complicated binds? I see this causing some crashes or competitive mishaps--particularly the PAL toggle and the save state feature. they're just too easy for everyone to accidentally do.

Z toggle for giga bowser etc could make some problems too.

also, do you expect to every explain to the community how to edit features out of the start.dol, or would this be too complicated?

tomom90

Smash Rookie
hey guys I have a few questions which I am sure you have heard and seen before but still. Thanks in advance if you can answer me.
I want to practise tech chase Uairs against fox on platforms, the quickest way would be to uthrow him on BF to a platform and have him randomly tech left right get up etc. However CPU fox DI's so that he misses the platform completely, is there anyway to stop him DI left right and just focus on techs? also I don't understand how frames counters work. I want to see how long in frames it takes me to fair after SH or use frames help with Uthrow lag and when I can dash out. but all I get is the percentage thing I don't understand it, can't there just be a frame continous counter that resets everytime you do an action? If I turn on frame counter percentages and want to see how many frames my SH Uair takes it does nothing. doesnt move from 0 I dont understand.

Last edited:

mooki

Smash Apprentice
Hey achilles, I'm just curious. If some of the codes don't work in dolphin, how did you create them? Don't you use dolphin's debugging features to create a lot (if not all) of these?

Dakpo

Smash Lord
So I got 20xx about 2 weeks ago. It was working perfectly until today. All of a sudden it started giving me the cannot read disk error during random times of the game. Any idea why or how to fix?

Kazon

Smash Cadet
So I have this weird text error, where some of the text symbols (most notably the space and the period, since they appear in character names) have some pixels around them. I don't really know how to describe it better, so I uploaded a picture from the name entry screen. Where does that come from and is there any way to fix it?
Help would be really appreciated!

PS: I used an NTSC iso to create 20xx and own a black PAL Wii version 4.3e.

Attachments

Stride

Smash Ace
North-west England (near Manchester/Liverpool)
So I have this weird text error, where some of the text symbols (most notably the space and the period, since they appear in character names) have some pixels around them. I don't really know how to describe it better, so I uploaded a picture from the name entry screen. Where does that come from and is there any way to fix it?
Help would be really appreciated!

PS: I used an NTSC iso to create 20xx and own a black PAL Wii version 4.3e.
This is known, and is explained multiple times in this thread (including on this page). It's not because of something you're doing, and it will be fixed in an update.
Text is messed up because I added codes in the DOL in area that I thought was "free space" but was actually part of the letter textures. I should be able to have this totally cleaned up in the next version.

Last edited:

Armo

Smash Rookie
This is AMAZING! Achilles you're the homie, thanks so much. If I ever meet you in real life i'm definitely buying you a beer.

Also, not sure if anyone has mentioned this, but for some reason collision bubbles don't show up for me on Dreamland. So when I try to turn them on, my character just disappears. Has this happened to anyone else?

Achilles1515

Smash Master
This is AMAZING! Achilles you're the homie, thanks so much. If I ever meet you in real life i'm definitely buying you a beer.

Also, not sure if anyone has mentioned this, but for some reason collision bubbles don't show up for me on Dreamland. So when I try to turn them on, my character just disappears. Has this happened to anyone else?
I'm glad you're enjoying it. The Dreamland collision bubbles thing happens in vanilla Melee (with a code for the debug menu), so I have no idea how to fix it. Sometimes they work on Dream Land though...You can search this thread for more info.
Yes, there should be.
So I got 20xx about 2 weeks ago. It was working perfectly until today. All of a sudden it started giving me the cannot read disk error during random times of the game. Any idea why or how to fix?
I've never heard of this happening. Are you playing on a burned disc? I would try reinstalling the newest Dios Mios.
Hey achilles, I'm just curious. If some of the codes don't work in dolphin, how did you create them? Don't you use dolphin's debugging features to create a lot (if not all) of these?
They don't work in Dolphin because Dolphin caches sections of Melee's code (the DOL contents specifically), and runs it from this cache instead of from the actual code lines that I have access to. Generally speaking, if I wanted to modify a code line, initially loaded from the DOL, in the middle of the game (like making changes in the Debug Menu and then progressing through the Start Screen), it will work on console but not on Dolphin. Even though the same changes happen, the emulator just ignore the change.

For example, the Always Misfire code. When Luigi does a side-b, the game calculates whether or not to misfire and then spits back a 1 (misfire) or 0 (dont misfire). My Always Misfire code changes the part of that functions that loads 0, and tells it to load 1 instead. So when it runs through the Luigi side-b function, it will always output a 1 and misfire. This is a code line that is in the DOL, and therefore doesnt work properly when turning it on/off with Dolphin. The current workaround is to make your change, save the memory card, exit out of Dolphin and reboot 20XX and then it will work.

I just realized this fact a long time ago when I was uber confused that a code wasn't working on Dolphin, but then tried it on console and it worked.

Dan Salvato recently wrote a code to flush the cache during a "scene change" so it should no longer be a prevalent issue in the next version.

SpiderMad

Smash Master
Anyone have a clue why my DIOS MIOS LIGHT would boot up to 20xx every time, but one day decided it's never gonna get past the lines flashing screen; when I haven't changed anything

EDIT: For some reason I got it to work, I just now put added words to the two files in the config folder (to stop them from being read) as well as removed my memory card; so one of the two fixed it.

..but for some reason (because of the missing config?) the game is shotty/pixely looking.

Last edited:

Zainy

Smash Rookie
Hey all,
I've been trying for a few days now to get 20XX and im now stuck with the game crashing. It will start up and i can go through menus or start a game, but it will always crash usually within a minute of being on. The music will start to repeat the last little segment of its playback and then i get the "An error has occurred. Turn the Power Off and check the Nintendo Gamecube Instruction Booklet for further instructions" screen. I have tried many things and probably not all things and have been searching for a while.
Is this a problem with my sd card?

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Anyone have a clue why my DIOS MIOS LIGHT would boot up to 20xx every time, but one day decided it's never gonna get past the lines flashing screen; when I haven't changed anything

EDIT: For some reason I got it to work, I just now put added words to the two files in the config folder (to stop them from being read) as well as removed my memory card; so one of the two fixed it.

..but for some reason (because of the missing config?) the game is shotty/pixely looking.
What version of Dios Mios Lite are you using? Have you tried reinstalling it?

Hey all,
I've been trying for a few days now to get 20XX and im now stuck with the game crashing. It will start up and i can go through menus or start a game, but it will always crash usually within a minute of being on. The music will start to repeat the last little segment of its playback and then i get the "An error has occurred. Turn the Power Off and check the Nintendo Gamecube Instruction Booklet for further instructions" screen. I have tried many things and probably not all things and have been searching for a while.
Is this a problem with my sd card?
So your ISO is on your SD card? Have you tried the ISO in Dolphin to make sure it works?

You should load the vanilla SSBM 1.02 ISO on your SD Card and see if that one works correctly. Then you'll know if its the 20XX ISO or just your Wii configuration.

Zainy

Smash Rookie
What version of Dios Mios Lite are you using? Have you tried reinstalling it?

So your ISO is on your SD card? Have you tried the ISO in Dolphin to make sure it works?

You should load the vanilla SSBM 1.02 ISO on your SD Card and see if that one works correctly. Then you'll know if its the 20XX ISO or just your Wii configuration.
Ok so my computer cant do much now since its has to be in safe mode due to the virus and crashes while copy pasting files from attempting to get 20XX. But dolphin didnt work at all before and i dont know if my computer can run it based on all the pop-ups i got (even from when i wasnt in safe mode).

Also vanilla melee 1.02 does the same crash. And i tried a different sd card with no luck.

If youve got any ideas id appreciate it of course but im not sure if i can do much until i fix my computer.

What configuration changes would i need on my wii?

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Ok so my computer cant do much now since its has to be in safe mode due to the virus and crashes while copy pasting files from attempting to get 20XX. But dolphin didnt work at all before and i dont know if my computer can run it based on all the pop-ups i got (even from when i wasnt in safe mode).

Also vanilla melee 1.02 does the same crash. And i tried a different sd card with no luck.

If youve got any ideas id appreciate it of course but im not sure if i can do much until i fix my computer.

What configuration changes would i need on my wii?
I would try reinstalling Dios Mios Lite 2.11

ssknight7

Smash Apprentice
Question about the Auto L-Cancel. I think this may have been called L-Cancel training wheels in the past or something like that, but I think I remember you saying it was to allow noobs to practice their combos, while still learning L-Cancelling and the Flash White on successful L-Cancel would still let them know when they were L-Cancelling properly.

I was testing out Auto L-Cancel with Flash White and you get the white flash whether you actually L-Cancel or not. Is this the intended behavior? I only ask because I thought you had specifically mentioned these two options working in tandem.

It makes sense to me that Auto L-Cancel would result in constant white flashes since all moves are L-Cancelled, I just wanted to make sure this wasn't a bug

Thanks!

Top Bottom