• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official The 20XX Melee Training Hack Pack (v5.0.2 - 1/20/2023)

ssknight7

Smash Apprentice
Somewhat picky question but is there a way to disable the training mode specific HUD but keep the character %'s displayed? The training mode info takes up a lot of room and bothers me but i still need to see the character %s to practice chain grabbing.

Any suggestions guys?

Thanks

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Somewhat picky question but is there a way to disable the training mode specific HUD but keep the character %'s displayed? The training mode info takes up a lot of room and bothers me but i still need to see the character %s to practice chain grabbing.

Any suggestions guys?

Thanks
This is not possible at the moment. What are you specifically using Training Mode for? If it is to reset percents, you should just play regular matches and use save states.

zankyou

Smash Lord
This is not possible at the moment. What are you specifically using Training Mode for? If it is to reset percents, you should just play regular matches and use save states.
Hey achilles is there a way to get the color overlays as a gecko code. Its incredibly useful.

ssknight7

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, I'm basically using it to reset percents but it's moreso that in training the CPU will just stand there and let me do whatever but will pop up immediately when knocked down, unlike the CPU. If I play a vs match with human P2, it will stay knocked down for 5 seconds, if I play vs CPU lvl 1, it constantly approaches.

I will try to use the save states but I've always had issues with random freezing when loading a save state, forcing me to restart, reset my l-cancel color code preferences, reset the match, etc.

Not a big deal tho, thanks for the info. I'll get by in either training mode or hopefully save states will work for me today.

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Yeah, I'm basically using it to reset percents but it's moreso that in training the CPU will just stand there and let me do whatever but will pop up immediately when knocked down, unlike the CPU. If I play a vs match with human P2, it will stay knocked down for 5 seconds, if I play vs CPU lvl 1, it constantly approaches.

I will try to use the save states but I've always had issues with random freezing when loading a save state, forcing me to restart, reset my l-cancel color code preferences, reset the match, etc.

Not a big deal tho, thanks for the info. I'll get by in either training mode or hopefully save states will work for me today.
Make sure you’re using the newest version. Don’t save OR load a state when any character on-screen is in any one of the following action states:

-Grabbing or being grabbed
-Hanging on ledge
-Special attacks are iffy
-Dying (it’s fine to load if they are flying through the air about to die, but just don’t do it when they are actually in any dying animation)
-Revival platform (Instafreeze!!)

Just learn when to not use them and save states are great.

Hey achilles is there a way to get the color overlays as a gecko code. Its incredibly useful.
Uh yeah, I’ll have to look back and see how I coded it. I mean, it would need to be adjusted anyway because it currently looks at debug menu flags before applying colors.

LydianAlchemist

Smash Apprentice
So idk if anyone still cares. But a while ago I was having a problem with my 20XX and melee backups. They would play with like inputted delay.

I got a new wii and hacked it and everything ran fine w/ the same backups and SD cards/usb drives.
So I reinstalled dios mios 2.11 on the old wii (that was having the problem) and that seemed to do the trick. I hope this helps someone. B)

Last edited:

Louis Tursi

Smash Cadet
well done! for the sake of thoroughness, i think it would be great if you could use the offsets to put the cheats for version 1.00 and 1.01 in the txt file!

also, i was able to get it working in configurable usb loader (that way i don't have to use a different loader for melee and project m :-p). i deleted the blank line at the top of the txt file in your post and also changed the encoding to utf-8. this can be easily done in window's built-in notepad (just change the encoding in the save as dialog box) or the text editor of your choice. i'm not sure if you needed the txt file in the format you had it, but if not, perhaps consider reuploading the txt file in the first post with the removed blank line and changed encoding so people don't need to worry about this :-p.

after changing the txt file, i just put it on my usb drive at usb:/usb-loader/codes/GALE01.txt. then i can select the game in configurable usb loader, select 'Manage', then 'Manage Cheats', and then it should list all the cheats from the txt file. you can then scroll down and select all the cheats you want and then select '<Save .gct>'. then you can exit out of that, select 'Options', and then turn on 'Ocarina (cheats)'. then you can select start to load the game with the cheats you selected.

note, i believe there is a limitation to the size of the gct file when using dios mios. if it's too big, it won't load it and will just run the game as normal. so be careful to not go overboard when selecting the cheats ;-). i suppose you could just edit main.dol directly to get around this, but that would require considerable more effort :-p.

oh, and perhaps you should remind people to backup their memory cards before starting the game with cheats as using the cheats will sometimes destroy the contents of the memory card.

p.s. i'm using configurable usb loader v70r65, dios mios 2.10, and melee v1.02. also, in case anyone wants to know, here is my results for testing the cheats:
Unlock All Characters and Stages (1.02) [Datel] WORKS
Unlock All 293 Trophies (1.02) [Datel] WORKS
Infinite Shield P1 (1.02) [JAY007] DIDN'T TRY
Infinite Shield P2 (1.02) [JAY007] DIDN'T TRY
Infinite Shield P3 (1.02) [JAY007] DIDN'T TRY
Infinite Shield P4 (1.02) [JAY007] DIDN'T TRY
Default Tournament Settings (1.02) [Magus, et all] WORKS
Boot to Character Select Screen (1.02) [InternetExplorer] WORKS, BUT DOES NOT LOAD ALL CHARACTERS AT FIRST
C-Stick in 1Player Modes (1.02) [Zauron] WORKS
Normal C-Stick Functionality in Develop Mode (1.02) [Magus, Achilles] WORKS
Debug Menu Replaces Tournament Mode (1.02) [Magus, donny2112] WORKS
Disable Stage Transformations on Pokemon Stadium (1.02) [Zauron] DIDN'T TRY
Disable Tree Blow on Dreamland (1.02) [Zauron] DIDN'T TRY
Disable Rising Lava on Brinstar (1.02) [Zauron] DIDN'T TRY
Disable Rising Platforms and Water Jets on Fountain of Dreams (1.02) [Zauron] DIDN'T TRY
Disable Ship Spawn on Corneria (1.02) [Zauron] DIDN'T TRY
Disable Great Fox's Gun (starts out dead) on Corneria (1.02) [Zauron] DIDN'T TRY
Disable Initial Bricks on Green Greens (1.02) [Zauron] DIDN'T TRY
Disable Falling Bricks on Green Greens (1.02) [Zauron] DIDN'T TRY
Disable Tree Wind and Apples on Green Greens (1.02) [Zauron] DIDN'T TRY
Disable Shy Guys on Yoshi's Story (1.02) [Zauron] DIDN'T TRY
Disable Switches and Bullets on Princess Peach's Castle (1.02) [Zauron] DIDN'T TRY
Disable Trophy Spawn on Snag the Trophies Stage (FigureGet) (1.02) [wparam] DIDN'T TRY
16:9 Widescreen Support (1.02) [InternetExplorer] WORKS
D-Pad Controls Damage (1.02) [InternetExplorer] WORKS
Rolling Results in Immediate Death (1.02) [InternetExplorer] WORKS
Enable Taunt Cancelling (1.02) [InternetExplorer] WORKS
Input Delay Tester (1.02) [InternetExplorer] FREEZES GAME
Turn White During Shield Stun (1.02) [InternetExplorer] WORKS
Turn Yellow During Shield Stun (1.02) [InternetExplorer, Standardtoaster, Stratocaster] FREEZES GAME
Aerials are Automatically L-Cancelled (1.02) [InternetExplorer] WORKS
Flash on Successful L-Cancel (1.02) [InternetExplorer] WORKS
L-Cancel Training Wheels (1.02) [InternetExplorer] WORKS
Taunt Battle (r2) (1.02) [InternetExplorer] DIDN'T TRY
Hold A+B for Salty Runback (1.02) [InternetExplorer, Sham Rock] WORKS
Skip Result Screen & Stock Count = Placement (1.02) [Sham Rock] WORKS
Skip Result Screen & Normal KO Counter (1.02) [Sham Rock, Achilles] WORKS
D-Pad Up Starts vs. Match (1.02) [Achilles] WORKS
Stock Dependency Revival Platform Colors (1.02) [Achilles] DIDN'T TRY
D-Pad Right (P1 Only) Toggles Fixed Camera (1.02) [InternetExplorer, Achilles] WORKS
D-Pad Left (P1 Only) Triggers Infinite Shield (All Players) (1.02) [Achilles] WORKS
D-Pad Down (P1 only) Toggles Bomb Rain, All Players Invinc, 2x Shield Deplete (1.02) [Achilles] WORKS
L+D-Pad Left (P1 Only) Triggers P2 CPU to Hold Shield (1.02) [Achilles] WORKS
L+D-Pad Up (P1 Only) Triggers P2 CPU to Hold Shield + Jump/Grab (if applicable) (1.02) [Achilles] WORKS
L+D-Pad Right (P1 only) Triggers All CPUs to Shoot Projectiles and Guard Edge (1.02) [Achilles] WORKS
L+D-Pad Down (P1 only) Triggers All Players Stamina Mode, 999% Hp (1.02) [Achilles] WORKS
R+D-Pad Right Toggles Overlayed Yellow Collision Bubbles, Player Port Specific (1.02) [Achilles] WORKS
R+D-Pad Up Toggles Yellow Collision Bubbles, Player Port Specific (1.02) [Achilles] WORKS
Mushroom Kingdom is Pokemon Stadium - No Transformations (1.02) [Achilles] DIDN'T TRY
I need to ask, what txt file are you talking about? Because I'm looking to load 20XX from configurable usb loader as well with the ability to launch regular Melee at my disposal as well. I've been trying to figure out how for awhile and after reading this I'd assume this is finally my answer! Where did you get the txt file?? Thanks.

mooki

Smash Apprentice
For you guys out there using DIOS MIOS, please switch to Nintendont.
This is coming from a longtime DIOS MIOS fan, but I'm never looking back.

1) DIOS MIOS must be installed on each Wii you want to use for 20XX.
2) DIOS MIOS can be picky about the system or hard drive it uses.
3) Nintendont's load times. You cannot comprehend how fast they are. Faster than Dolphin.
I'm actually about to switch back to DIOS MIOS from nintendont unless someone knows how to fix this. Occasionally (and often enough for it to be annoying) the menu music won't play when the game goes back to the character select screen. It seems random and I'm surprised no one else has this happen to them. DIOS MIOS has never had this problem and right now DM seems superior.

Achilles1515

Smash Master
I need to ask, what txt file are you talking about? Because I'm looking to load 20XX from configurable usb loader as well with the ability to launch regular Melee at my disposal as well. I've been trying to figure out how for awhile and after reading this I'd assume this is finally my answer! Where did you get the txt file?? Thanks.
He's talking about a txt file containing Gecko codes. This was for the original 20XX pack which is way out of date and the Gecko codehandler is no longer used for the Wii Hack version of 20XX.

You need to change the game ID for one of the ISOs. I would just scroll to the very last comment on this thread and try that program. (I've never actually done this myself, though)

Last edited:

Sayori

Smash Rookie
Someone told me the next update will bring skins for the lower tier characters. Is it known which ones Luigi's getting yet? #TeamLuigi

Doq

Smash Lord
I'm actually about to switch back to DIOS MIOS from nintendont unless someone knows how to fix this. Occasionally (and often enough for it to be annoying) the menu music won't play when the game goes back to the character select screen. It seems random and I'm surprised no one else has this happen to them. DIOS MIOS has never had this problem and right now DM seems superior.
I noticed this too. Just downgrade your version, as any build <v2 is for sure to not have this problem.

Also controller options, but that's just me.

@ Sayori Sayori I don't know, I know that I'll be making a 3rd party 20XX pack solely containing recolors. Which will be hard considering I will need to make most of the recolors.

Last edited:

ssknight7

Smash Apprentice
How difficult would be it be to add something like an indicator line for Marth's tipper range? Something similar to the transparent collision bubbles, but just a translucent line at Marth's feet that constantly shows the tipper range?

Sayori

Smash Rookie
How difficult would be it be to add something like an indicator line for Marth's tipper range? Something similar to the transparent collision bubbles, but just a translucent line at Marth's feet that constantly shows the tipper range?
This would be great!

zankyou

Smash Lord
Trust me, you'll learn after you get hit by it enough. Most efficient method really.

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Unfortunately, very difficult. I have no idea how to make graphics appear on-screen with assembly language.

Viitrexx

Smash Rookie
Great work! I love this hack pack and it has helped me train a lot, thanks. But there is one thing I'd like to know.
Is it possible to use 20XX over Dolphin Netplay, or in other words, is it possible to disable the automatic Debug Menu saving?

If not;

Disable Tap Jump [Achilles]
  • Jumping with the joystick will be disabled.
  • Toggle on a per player basis.
Could I have the code for disabling Tap Jump for one player, so that me and my friend can use that over netplay?

CeLL

Smash Lord
Great work! I love this hack pack and it has helped me train a lot, thanks. But there is one thing I'd like to know.
Is it possible to use 20XX over Dolphin Netplay, or in other words, is it possible to disable the automatic Debug Menu saving?
20XX works fine on netplay as is, though supposedly the L-cancel indicators desync frequently with Pikachu and Pichu (though I have experienced excessive desyncing with them on vanilla Melee).

However it does interfere with vanilla Melee netplay because it has the same game code (it will sometimes load instead of vanilla Melee when joining a game), so I suggest changing the game code (most people use GALEXX).

Viitrexx

Smash Rookie
20XX works fine on netplay as is, though supposedly the L-cancel indicators desync frequently with Pikachu and Pichu (though I have experienced excessive desyncing with them on vanilla Melee).

However it does interfere with vanilla Melee netplay because it has the same game code (it will sometimes load instead of vanilla Melee when joining a game), so I suggest changing the game code (most people use GALEXX).
But whenever I try to turn on the Tap Jump For P2 Off code on the game freezes.. Am I doing something wrong?

Edit: I can't seem to change the game code to GALEXX, how do I do it?
Got it

Last edited:

Kim Steinbach-Reif

Smash Cadet
I have a question.

So I found out my CRT runs at 50Hz and I assume 20XX runs at 60Hz, so will there be any lag or difference in smoothness, like not 60FPS? Am I fine or should I get a CRT with 60Hz?

CeLL

Smash Lord
But whenever I try to turn on the Tap Jump For P2 Off code on the game freezes.. Am I doing something wrong?
Edit: I can't seem to change the game code to GALEXX, how do I do it? Got it
Yeah like Achilles said this is caused by global Melee netplay settings, but that won't matter after you change the game code.

ssknight7

Smash Apprentice
Couple of quick questions just out of curiousity, achilles of all the features you've implemented in 20XX Hack Pack which was the most challenging? I ask this as a programmer / novice reverser.

Also, why is this not a sticky? It's probably the most important thread in this sub-forum. Can we get a sticky?

Thanks as always for the fantastic work

Ekshi

Smash Rookie
Hey all, just got this running and I love it. I just read through the features list and I understand it a lot better now, but I am a little confused as to how controllers work. So I see that player 2 is automatically enabled, and that the p2 cpu is the one that you can do certain things with, but how do I just play the 20xx hack pack with friends? I tried playing with my brother and sometimes when I restarted the game it would not recognize one of the controllers. If I completely powered down and plugged them both in it would work, but not always. Sorry about this rambling, just hoping someone could give be some pointers.

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Yup ! Exactly
Kind of. I know how to wrap blastzones.
[COLLAPSE="Proof"]
Left Kill Wrap Right (1.02)
040d3200 81c30078
040d3204 91de00b0
[/COLLAPSE]

But it doesn't always work as expected. If there is a stage collision in the way of "teleporting" the character to the other side, then they will just be moved right to the collision, but not through it. If you've been using save states, you've probably experienced this....because it's like a super forbidden thing for characters to move through the middle of stages.

Because of this, I never kept going with the code.

Last edited:

Unldentified

Smash Rookie
Hey achilles. I've been having a problem replacing files using GCR. Since I have a external card reader it can take anywhere from 1 to 2 hours to put the Melee Iso back on my SD. So instead I open the iso from my SD into GCR and importing the files that way. I downloaded the 3.02 as well as the flag test. When replacing the files on 3.02 I was able to change everything but the Termina Great Bay file. With the flag test I can import Start.dol but not MnSIC.dat and .usd. All of those 3 files get the error "FIle import too large" Do you know of any way for me to fix this? Or am I going to have to just redo the whole iso?

mooki

Smash Apprentice
Hey achilles. I've been having a problem replacing files using GCR. Since I have a external card reader it can take anywhere from 1 to 2 hours to put the Melee Iso back on my SD. So instead I open the iso from my SD into GCR and importing the files that way. I downloaded the 3.02 as well as the flag test. When replacing the files on 3.02 I was able to change everything but the Termina Great Bay file. With the flag test I can import Start.dol but not MnSIC.dat and .usd. All of those 3 files get the error "FIle import too large" Do you know of any way for me to fix this? Or am I going to have to just redo the whole iso?
What card reader are you using that takes 1-2 hours to move a 1.5gb file?

Unldentified

Smash Rookie
What card reader are you using that takes 1-2 hours to move a 1.5gb file?
Its called a Pandigital photo. Its like a photo scanner. You put a picture through it and it saves to the the SD as a image file. Its all I have so gotta do with what you got.

mooki

Smash Apprentice
Its called a Pandigital photo. Its like a photo scanner. You put a picture through it and it saves to the the SD as a image file. Its all I have so gotta do with what you got.
How do you move files from your PC onto it then?

Top Bottom