• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official The 20XX Melee Training Hack Pack (v5.0.2 - 1/20/2023)

Life

Smash Hero
Got the updated pack woot!

Was looking at the color toggles as I find those pretty helpful. Having a bit of trouble understanding what the "green" toggles are for? It's late so I might just be being dumb, but I couldn't find any situation where a character turned green. What am I missing?

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Got the updated pack woot!

Was looking at the color toggles as I find those pretty helpful. Having a bit of trouble understanding what the "green" toggles are for? It's late so I might just be being dumb, but I couldn't find any situation where a character turned green. What am I missing?
Make sure that color overlays (just in general) are toggled on. That is the very top option in the Color Overlay menu. All the options for the different colors below can turn those specific color overlayed actions on/off.

Goxplex

Smash Apprentice
For some reason the PlCaRe.dat alt costume loads in Dolphin but not on the Wii. Weird, every other alt costume works perfectly, even the ones I replaced.

EDIT: The "No transformations Pokemon Stadium" works, but loads with the green texture.

Last edited:

Achilles1515

Smash Master
For some reason the PlCaRe.dat alt costume loads in Dolphin but not on the Wii. Weird, every other alt costume works perfectly, even the ones I replaced.

EDIT: The "No transformations Pokemon Stadium" works, but loads with the green texture.
It seems like your setup, for whatever reason, is not doing the .usd --> .dat file switch. Because the blue pokemon stadium is the GrPs.dat file. (Green, normal is GrPs.usd). I don't know why this would be happening. What loader are you using to boot the game?

EmLeingod

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EmLeingod
Has anyone successfully loaded this in CFG loader using devolution?

I get stuck on screen that says:

Code:
[+] Booting game, please wait...

path=USB:/games/GALE01/game.iso, iso found
!!
Any help?

Last edited:

Cloud7z

Smash Cadet
PAL Marth causes the game to freeze (music still plays) after selecting a stage.

Also, I'm running this from USB Loader without a memory card. Is there a way to save debug options?

Goxplex

Smash Apprentice
It seems like your setup, for whatever reason, is not doing the .usd --> .dat file switch. Because the blue pokemon stadium is the GrPs.dat file. (Green, normal is GrPs.usd). I don't know why this would be happening. What loader are you using to boot the game?
I'm using USB Loader GX with Dios Mios.

Is there a way to change which alternate skins each character has? I have some I'd like to use
Check the alternate costume section in the main post. You just need to replace the new alts using GCRebuilder.

Last edited:

Kou

Smash Apprentice
@ Achilles1515 Achilles1515 , thank you for updating 3.0.
User-friendly debug menu, added alternate costumes, Awesome work!

I have a question, bug reports, and a suggestion.

## Question
・addresses in Start.dol of All toggles' default setting(ON/OFF) are changed?

・my smasher friends said 3.0 will crash when it loads a stage.
their iso is Japanese version but the language setting is English and 1.02.
They seemed that they could enjoyed 20XX 2.07.
Do you have something about reason?
From 3.0, Japanese version have to be converted game ID to GALE01 ?

## Bug reports
・(L+R+D-Pad Right) P2 Hitbox Freeze Repeater
Sometimes I couldn't make this toggle off.
P2 completely freeze.

・No Transformation PS is green texture in game
As Goxplex said.

・Stock Dependent Revival Platform Colors
When 2 players who have different stocks die, platform colors will depend on later death.

## Suggestions
・"Automatic L-cancel setting for each players" or "CPU always L-canceling"

Because I really want CPU to L-cancel.
And if this is possible, this toggle is good for beginners of melee, I think.

Last edited:

1ampercent

Smash Journeyman
Nice work Achilles! Love the new Alts/PAL variations.
Just want to report that LLL Falcon doesn't work for me. Also the color overlays makes it hard to determine which IC I'm trying to combo.

Edit: Kanto Stadium is not Blue for me.

Last edited:

DRM4R10

Smash Apprentice
Hello!
I would just like to say, thank you so much for the hack! I currently use this over regular melee as there's no need anymore, especially with the default settings, and how come the game automatically boots to the character selection screen and the fact that you can select Zelda, etc... s
Speaking of "alternate" character, all but Sopo have a voice assigned to them. I thought you could play the "Ice Climber" [without the s, from the japanese ver] voice clip. It's in the NTSC game, like how "Giga Bowser" and "Fighting Wire Frames" are.
Just a suggestion that you could implement in the next update.
http://youtu.be/_9xqlboHuiU?t=2m25

I have this problem as well, I'm using DIOS MIOS which is run by wiiflow.
I tried running the ISO on dolphin, and the pokémon stadium does show in blue, but not when I use DIOS MIOS.

Last edited:

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
・"Automatic L-cancel setting for each players" or "CPU always L-canceling"

Because I really want CPU to L-cancel.
And if this is possible, this toggle is good for beginners of melee, I think.
This. It'd be nice if this only functioned for the CPU. I'm curious as to how it would affect them too.

flieskiller

Smash Journeyman
(X+D-Pad Left) Fixed Camera

Tournament mode replaced Single Button mode, though Fixed Camera Mode now exists as a simple command above.

Suggestion: Tournament mode now replaces Fixed Camera instead of Single Button.

Achilles1515

Smash Master
(X+D-Pad Left) Fixed Camera

Tournament mode replaced Single Button mode, though Fixed Camera Mode now exists as a simple command above.

Suggestion: Tournament mode now replaces Fixed Camera instead of Single Button.
This is a good suggestion. I might eventually implement this, but I'd have to modify that menu texture that DekuNut made that has "tournament mode" text instead of single button.
PAL Marth causes the game to freeze (music still plays) after selecting a stage.

Also, I'm running this from USB Loader without a memory card. Is there a way to save debug options?
PAL Marth is working for me. Anyone else experiencing this problem???

Hello!
I would just like to say, thank you so much for the hack! I currently use this over regular melee as there's no need anymore, especially with the default settings, and how come the game automatically boots to the character selection screen and the fact that you can select Zelda, etc... s
Speaking of "alternate" character, all but Sopo have a voice assigned to them. I thought you could play the "Ice Climber" [without the s, from the japanese ver] voice clip. It's in the NTSC game, like how "Giga Bowser" and "Fighting Wire Frames" are.
Just a suggestion that you could implement in the next update.
http://youtu.be/_9xqlboHuiU?t=2m25

I have this problem as well, I'm using DIOS MIOS which is run by wiiflow.
I tried running the ISO on dolphin, and the pokémon stadium does show in blue, but not when I use DIOS MIOS.
I was unaware that singular "Ice Climber" was in the game. Thanks for bringing this to my attention. The way the game's announcer voicers work, currently does not allow me to put any sound effect for Popo, because it skips that function entirely (G-Bowser is the last announcer voice). I'll see if I can add some code in there to force it to happen.

Doq

Smash Lord
PArth works for me.

however, custom bf platforms do not work for me
didn't realize custom platforms were over brinstar depths

Last edited:

Luddoj

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Luddoj
Hey man! Just wanted to say excellent job with this hack pack. I've been following your work since V2.06 when I first found out this existed, and since then I've replaced regular Melee with this, as this contains a lot of new features and improvements, and now with version 3.0 even more than ever!

I'm really glad you decided to finally add Flash on succesful L-Cancel. It feels so satisfying to see my character turn white every time. Oh and thanks for disabling tap jump, I literally cried a little when I found out.

Just wanted to praise your work a little but now I would have some questions to ask:

The idea of adding special/alternate costumes to the characters is great, but in the future will you be replacing their CSPs with others that actually match the costumes we're choosing? Are you going to be changing CSPs overall? What about the desing of the Character Select Screen? I'm not implying that is necessary at all but it would certainly be a real nice touch.

Also, are you planning on adding special costumes to the rest of the roster? Having at least 2 or 3 special costumes for each specific character would be amazing.

Goatlink

Smash Apprentice
if you plan to implement single button mode, it kinda sucks imo, even when playing for fun. do you think you could just change it to no shield+no specials mode instead? I want to be able to L cancel and use x/y to jump in the current single button mode.

Last edited:

Elen

Smash Lord
I've encountered zero issues so far. This build is incredible, thanks for all your hard work! (For those having issues, I'm booting using Dios Mios Lite and booting from SD Card)

Sickolas

Smash Apprentice
Hey man! Just wanted to say excellent job with this hack pack. I've been following your work since V2.06 when I first found out this existed, and since then I've replaced regular Melee with this, as this contains a lot of new features and improvements, and now with version 3.0 even more than ever!

I'm really glad you decided to finally add Flash on succesful L-Cancel. It feels so satisfying to see my character turn white every time. Oh and thanks for disabling tap jump, I literally cried a little when I found out.

Just wanted to praise your work a little but now I would have some questions to ask:

The idea of adding special/alternate costumes to the characters is great, but in the future will you be replacing their CSPs with others that actually match the costumes we're choosing? Are you going to be changing CSPs overall? What about the desing of the Character Select Screen? I'm not implying that is necessary at all but it would certainly be a real nice touch.

Also, are you planning on adding special costumes to the rest of the roster? Having at least 2 or 3 special costumes for each specific character would be amazing.
If you intend on going to tournaments, I would highly recommend not turning off tap jump.

Also turning it off just makes things like JC usmash and usmash oos harder than they need to be.

krvntn

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Cyke_g
Awesome changes on paper for this update, I can't wait to test it out. Also, I don't know if it was already asked but I'll try anyway, is it possible to swap the us voice clips with jp ones for certain characters (well falco and fox) without changing the game's language ? I've tried a diy thingy, extracting the clips with the softwares available on the melee hacking help topic, but I couldn't re build the sound archives I extracted because I didn't have the software for that, didn't really help

Last edited:

Goxplex

Smash Apprentice
Awesome changes on paper for this update, I can't wait to test it out. Also, I don't know if it was already asked but I'll try anyway, is it possible to swap the us voice clips with jp ones for certain characters (well falco and fox) without changing the game's language ? I've tried a diy thingy, extracting the clips with the softwares available on the melee hacking help topic, but I couldn't re build the sound archives I extracted because I didn't have the software for that, didn't really help
This is something I want too. I tried to do it myself some weeks ago but apparently the sound effects for the japanese characters are a little different.

For example, if you put the japanese's fox.ssm in the US folder it will work, but everytime you shoot a laser it will sound like he is jumping, or if you do the upB it will sound like his taunt.

We would need to extract the sound files that are inside the .ssm and replace them manually with their japanese versions.

Last edited:

CeLL

Smash Lord
When using (L+R+right), it works totally fine, except that when you are invincible and get hit, P2 does not continue and repeat the attack, rather just freezes there with no hitbox.

Foxdyfx

Smash Rookie
I don't know if anyone else has this issue but some of the font in my game has been "garbled up". This shows up for anyone on the CSS with a period or space in their name (this has been an issue for me in previous versions as well)

Last edited:

CeLL

Smash Lord
Can you show me how to re-insert your "Write Achilles to the first tag" code and change the Achilles part? Nvm

This is just a thought I had. If we can do texture mods, vertex mods (Falcon's Batman texture's pointy ears), and moveset mods... Is there theoretically a way to add additional characters to the game?

Last edited:

piggyjelly

Smash Apprentice
Now that you found a way to implement the PAL characters would there be any possibility of a colab variation that makes it so that you can switch to and from Melee SD Remix and standard Melee versions of characters?

Stratocaster

Smash Ace
@ CeLL CeLL Adding characters to the game is not possible with our current knowledge. We could possibly replace a character (though I don't think almost anything is known about bone structure or animations, which is a huge hurdle). Adding a character would involve increasing the overall file size and reworking a lot of file structure and such. It'd probably require a program to rebuild the ISO and we'd need to know like every detail or if you miss one thing it won't work... maybe one day though.

@ piggyjelly piggyjelly This has been discussed. SD Remix is made for 1.00, 20XX is made for 1.02. SD Remix would have to be converted before it could be done. This is no simple endeavor, but can be and is not too unlikely to be done eventually.

Last edited:

Goatlink

Smash Apprentice
idea for code: have a submenu in the debug menu that lets you customize your shield color. Much like the custom FD color submenu. Also can you make it so when you exit the debug menu, you go back to the same menu that you select it on? its a tad annoying when it puts you back at the title screen.

Achilles1515

Smash Master
When using (L+R+right), it works totally fine, except that when you are invincible and get hit, P2 does not continue and repeat the attack, rather just freezes there with no hitbox.
Yes, I noted this in the main post. The code that makes it repeat is in a function that gets executed anytime a character is hit (maybe more specifically taking damage?). So it doesn't get executed when P2 hits someone who is intangible or invincible.

Achilles1515

Smash Master
idea for code: have a submenu in the debug menu that lets you customize your shield color. Much like the custom FD color submenu. Also can you make it so when you exit the debug menu, you go back to the same menu that you select it on? its a tad annoying when it puts you back at the title screen.
I was thinking of this too! (But thought of it only a day or two ago and didn't want to hold off on releasing it to you guys because of it). I'll likely eventually get it in there, it would be fun.
Now that you found a way to implement the PAL characters would there be any possibility of a colab variation that makes it so that you can switch to and from Melee SD Remix and standard Melee versions of characters?
What Stratocaster said. It's possible, but SDR would need to convert to 1.02. You could technically replace the PAL files in the current version with your own modified 1.02 character files, to have it switch between those.

Top Bottom