• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official The 20XX Melee Training Hack Pack (v5.0.2 - 1/20/2023)

JDavisR (NIX)

Smash Lord
NNID
Robertson1
3DS FC
2337-4618-3776
Unfortunately I have to give up on the 20xx hack pack, because I cannot get Dios Mios to work because I cannot get WAD manager to pop up on my hombrew channel... At least the dream of having the hack pack was nice.
Wad manager didnt work for me either, so I got wiimod to install the wad and it worked perfectly

Last edited:

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Unfortunately I have to give up on the 20xx hack pack, because I cannot get Dios Mios to work because I cannot get WAD manager to pop up on my hombrew channel... At least the dream of having the hack pack was nice.
lol dude don't give up. We'll get you fixed up eventually.

Try WiiMod like JDavisR said.

Last edited:

fwb

Smash Cadet
Dual 1v1 mode is getting rapidly popular at locals. Really enhances friendlies when it's crowded and you previously had to wait your turn.

Is there an easy way to make legehogs ignore the other color? Might be asking for too much :p this has so much potential.

How easy would it be to port to brawl/PM? I think they'd be very interested in it.

j00t

Smash Champion
I got everything set up but for some reason when I load the game on my Wii it is in widescreen even though the hack is off. How can I fix this?

About_Blank

Smash Rookie
Sorry if this has been answered somewhere else before, but I've done this 3 times, from scratch and different isos, etc.. I Keep getting this bug where, I'll get random directional toggles. Like at the menu, it'll just go down at full and I have to play a roulette for clicking the right thing, or at stage selection, it'll go left constantly, and if it highlights over a stage it'll strike it. It never effects anything once I'm in a match, and often it'll fix itself if I manage to start a game, and just exit, everything will be fine. But it's still prone to happen. Everything else works flawlessly and I'm in love with it. I'm using an SD card, and the latest dios mios, I followed the video guide from beanwolf.

Demonace34

Smash Rookie
I also just registered to say I love this tool, but I also am having the same bug that About_Blank is having. The game will randomly get into a scroll lock where it just acts like I have a random button repeatedly pressed.

Achilles1515

Smash Master
I have the exact same problem, somebody help!
I got everything set up but for some reason when I load the game on my Wii it is in widescreen even though the hack is off. How can I fix this?
I've had multiple people experience this problem but I have no idea why it happens and I cannot replicate it myself. Check your loader video settings. If possible, try your Wii on another TV or two and see if it still happens.
Sorry if this has been answered somewhere else before, but I've done this 3 times, from scratch and different isos, etc.. I Keep getting this bug where, I'll get random directional toggles. Like at the menu, it'll just go down at full and I have to play a roulette for clicking the right thing, or at stage selection, it'll go left constantly, and if it highlights over a stage it'll strike it. It never effects anything once I'm in a match, and often it'll fix itself if I manage to start a game, and just exit, everything will be fine. But it's still prone to happen. Everything else works flawlessly and I'm in love with it. I'm using an SD card, and the latest dios mios, I followed the video guide from beanwolf.
I also just registered to say I love this tool, but I also am having the same bug that About_Blank is having. The game will randomly get into a scroll lock where it just acts like I have a random button repeatedly pressed.
Does this by chance happen while using Training Mode or after watching the CPUs play after idling on the Start Screen?

Download the newest version:
20XX 2.07 - Pretest 5.dol

I [partly] added a fix for that problem. If it ever happens again (from Training Mode possibly), click B to exit out to the Start Screen. And the problem should be fixed once you hit start to go back to menus.
Dual 1v1 mode is getting rapidly popular at locals. Really enhances friendlies when it's crowded and you previously had to wait your turn.

Is there an easy way to make legehogs ignore the other color? Might be asking for too much :p this has so much potential.

How easy would it be to port to brawl/PM? I think they'd be very interested in it.
I'm happy people are enjoying it! It was a great code by Zauron and I was glad I could get an enhanced version into the pack.

I have no idea how to have more than one player hang onto a ledge. I would imagine there's a flag somewhere that says if a player is on the edge or not. And that may be able to be changed and have an effect. Idk for sure though, I've never looked into it.

Last edited:

Achilles1515

Smash Master
I have the complete opposite problem. Dolphin, widescreen doesn't work on or off.
Yeah, I've noticed it doesn't work in Dolphin. I think it's due to some problem with how Dolphin uses a cache-like version of the DOL file contents once it is initially loaded into memory. So making changes to that DOL-area code midgame (which is what happens with Widescreen), doesn't actually cause a change. This is not the case when playing on console.

Last edited:

JDavisR (NIX)

Smash Lord
NNID
Robertson1
3DS FC
2337-4618-3776
Is there any way that you can do something to where when playing against fox/falco they actually use side-b to recover, or at least make it to where they don't always recover diagonally-upwards, or is it just not possible?

net1234

Smash Ace
at some point i think i turned on invincibility for one player, which would be very helpful practicing wall teching peach dsmash as marth

About_Blank

Smash Rookie
I've had multiple people experience this problem but I have no idea why it happens and I cannot replicate it myself. Check your loader video settings. If possible, try your Wii on another TV or two and see if it still happens.

Does this by chance happen while using Training Mode or after watching the CPUs play after idling on the Start Screen?

Download the newest version:

I [partly] added a fix for that problem. If it ever happens again (from Training Mode possibly), click B to exit out to the Start Screen. And the problem should be fixed once you hit start to go back to menus.
Awesome, I'll try it out when I get home, but I did noticed it'll usually happens coming from training mode. At least the weird drag left stage striking bug. And it might be a stretch but I do think the beginning idle did play a few times before I got the weird "spam b non stop input" that makes me have to reset everything. But I've never noticed any patterns with the constant down input.

If the new dol you linked doesn't fix it, I'll start documenting the bugs more carefully, because if it's not just me having this problem than that's pretty weak. I'll try to upload all my info once I'm home (Graveyard shift atm) But seriously thanks a **** ton for being so active and helpful. Do you have a donation page or something?

SackofWine

Smash Rookie
Widescreen problem resolved! I changed the video mode in Dios Mios from "Auto" to "NTSC 480p" and set Video Patch to "force" as well.

shuall

Smash Apprentice
Can someone re-extract their 20XX iso and upload the sys/fst.bin file?

Why I want it
I'm running the extracted iso with dios mios. Couldn't get past the CSS until I padded all the files to 32 bytes. Now everything (that I've tried) works except alt costumes. Nothing working reliably. A little better than before but still freezes at random moments. I think it's a problem with the original fst.bin reporting wrong file sizes for the replaced dat files. fst.bin is (should be) rebuilt when building an iso, so 20XX iso should have fst.bin with correct file sizes.

I can manually edit my fst, but it would be tedious. I can also provide the padded files if anyone wants an almost working 20XX hack pack to run as extracted files.

Last edited:

Achilles1515

Smash Master
should i dl 2.6 or 2.7 and do I need a melee iso to run the hack pack? i already have the original game disc
Download the 2.07 pretest and use that DOL file instead of the one in the 2.06 pack download on the main page. You'll need to use an ISO. Options are SD card, USB, or burned disc on a hacked Wii.

Btw, I can no longer edit the main post...Everytime I hit the edit button, I get an "Error 502 - Bad Gateway". Anyone know what's up? It's been like this for over a week now. (And the downloads section of the main post is obviously sloppy and needs to be fixed asap)

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Can someone re-extract their 20XX iso and upload the sys/fst.bin file?

Why I want it
I'm running the extracted iso with dios mios. Couldn't get past the CSS until I padded all the files to 32 bytes. Now everything (that I've tried) works except alt costumes. Nothing working reliably. A little better than before but still freezes at random moments. I think it's a problem with the original fst.bin reporting wrong file sizes for the replaced dat files. fst.bin is (should be) rebuilt when building an iso, so 20XX iso should have fst.bin with correct file sizes.

I can manually edit my fst, but it would be tedious. I can also provide the padded files if anyone wants an almost working 20XX hack pack to run as extracted files.
Did you not make the ISO yourself? What version of Dios Mios are you using?

Last edited:

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
I just want to start things off saying that this training pack is amazing and I suspect that it will help tons of people improve. I'm enjoying it a great deal and it's increasing my ability to do lots of stuff that would otherwise require a partner.

I have a few things I've noticed as well as a suggestion if you have the time. I'm sure some of these have been documented, so I apologise for the repeats:

Bugs:
It seems that the CPU will stop DI'ing randomly if you string a lot of hits together in a short amount of time. I realised this during chain throw practice against spacies with Marth, as well as combo practicing spacies with Mewtwo. It would be great if it didn't stop, as then I could get much better practice out of it.

Occasionally the game acts as I have a controller that is stuck in an upwards position (as if the control stick was miscalculated). I haven't identified what it is that causes it, but it seems to happen in menus.

Suggestions:
Would it be possible that when you set the CPU to "attack" in practice mode that the CPU retains it's random DI? I would like to work on things at precise percents and it would be easier to do this in practice mode.

Would it be possible to have an alternate version of the Falco laser macro in which Falco doesn't shoot lasers as quickly? It'd would soften the learning curve of power shielding if this was an option.

Last edited:

shuall

Smash Apprentice
Did you not make the ISO yourself? What version of Dios Mios are you using?
No, I use Dios Mios booter to just boot the extracted iso. Makes it easier to update and test files when I don't have to rebuild the iso every time. Also, GcRebuilder doesn't come for linux; if I could find the source I'd be glad to port it.

edit: Somebody got me the iso, and swapping in a fixed fst.bin solved it. Now I can run 20XX with extracted files instead of an iso.

Last edited:

mutoshi

Smash Rookie
Sorry if this was already asked, but how can I make the hack pack load straight into vs mode, skipping the menu, with 'l cancel' and 'hitstun' colours on, by default? Is it possible?

Fishaman P

Smash Apprentice
e~ Boot to CSS still wrecks gamesaves. Going back to 2.06.
This is not a bug: you either get Boot to CSS with save wrex, or normal boot with proper saving. It's just the result of not loading from the memcard.

The only bug I'd like to report is that Falco's short-hop laser setting doesn't always shoot before landing. Maybe 10% of the time he lands before the shot.

Achilles1515

Smash Master
This is not a bug: you either get Boot to CSS with save wrex, or normal boot with proper saving. It's just the result of not loading from the memcard.

The only bug I'd like to report is that Falco's short-hop laser setting doesn't always shoot before landing. Maybe 10% of the time he lands before the shot.
This is just due to where my injection point is for forcing P2 actions. It's attempting to do them frame perfect, but that doesn't always happen because the game doesn't run through whatever function puts a character in an action state at the same point of every frame, which is dependent on what other code is being executed during that time. Idk if that's exactly true, but that how I kind of rationalized it in my head.

I could probably make them perfect everytime if I used the action state hack for this instead of forcing a B button.

Tag combining is broken in the latest DOL.

e~ Boot to CSS still wrecks gamesaves. Going back to 2.06.
I actually am experimenting with saving debug menu settings to the memory card right now. It's works in Dolphin but I need to test it on console. I should be able to do this tonight.

And I have a boot to CSS that loads memory card data now. IE posted it in the Gecko codes thread and I tweaked it a bit to fix a bug or two.

I might release 2.07 final tonight. Really planning on it. There's one more added feature in there that you guys will enjoy.

Last edited:

fwb

Smash Cadet
I actually am experimenting with saving debug menu settings to the memory card right now. It's works in Dolphin but I need to test it on console. I should be able to do this tonight.
This would be...amazing.

With 20xx's growing popularity, I'm starting to see it used in setups people bring to tournaments. Last week before a match started, someone said "wait I need to turn off all the hacks" and went into the debug menu to make everything vanilla for the tournament. With EVO coming up (or for future tournaments in general), I see a potential problem if someone isn't paying attention. A solution I would propose is some type of notice on the CSS that says something like "Caution: 20XX mods currently enabled. Press L+R to clear all mods".

This is realllllly icing on the cake, but would be nice to have in time for EVO next week! Especially since they are actively asking for tournament setups (see http://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/29nbmw/going_to_evo_2014_bring_a_gamecubewii_and_melee/)

hectohertz

Smash Ace
This is just due to where my injection point is for forcing P2 actions. It's attempting to do them frame perfect, but that doesn't always happen because the game doesn't run through whatever function puts a character in an action state at the same point of every frame, which is dependent on what other code is being executed during that time. Idk if that's exactly true, but that how I kind of rationalized it in my head.

I could probably make them perfect everytime if I used the action state hack for this instead of forcing a B button.

And I have a boot to CSS that loads memory card data now. IE posted it in the Gecko codes thread and I tweaked it a bit to fix a bug or two.

I might release 2.07 final tonight. Really planning on it. There's one more added feature in there that you guys will enjoy.

it would be awesomesauce if falco varied the timing on his SHLs (and they was some downtime in between them)

Is there a way i can turn off how fox and falco try to shine after they get up? there are too many times when theyre trying to do that during a combo im doing and just stop trying to di and tech because of it, and its even worse than fighting a cpu. it happens like every other combo..

Achilles1515

Smash Master
But did it break any other save functionality?
I do not believe so. It works like this.

If you've ever messed around with manually editing name tags in Dolphin, you'll notice that the areas where each name tag is stored gets directly copied to the memory card. Or at least this is what I noticed after some testing (and this is why extended name tags can be saved to mem card and work on vanilla melee).

Well, what I also noticed is that, for whatever reason, there is a bunch of [supposed] free space in between each name tag (0's). And the other day I finally came to the realization that I could use this free space to store the debug menu toggles. So that's no problem...just write a code that copies the debug menu data to that "memory card info" location.

And then all I needed was the right injection point; a line of code that gets executed after the game has been initially booted and memory card data has been loaded, but before the game screen actually shows up on the tv. At this point, I just inject custom code to copy the debug toggles saved to the memory card location mentioned above and paste that data over the default debug settings.

So that happens before you can even start playing the game which makes it seem like it is normal memory card data.

Bam.

The only problem is that a few of the toggles (Skip Results, Widescreen, and new feature) won't change their default settings until you go back to the debug menu and exit out of it, like you would currently do - no matter what you have saved to the memory card for those toggles. This is just due to how I coded those changes to take place, combined with the fact that I never thought about saving things to memory cards and how that would affect things. This can be fixed.

Last edited:

Achilles1515

Smash Master
This would be...amazing.

With 20xx's growing popularity, I'm starting to see it used in setups people bring to tournaments. Last week before a match started, someone said "wait I need to turn off all the hacks" and went into the debug menu to make everything vanilla for the tournament. With EVO coming up (or for future tournaments in general), I see a potential problem if someone isn't paying attention. A solution I would propose is some type of notice on the CSS that says something like "Caution: 20XX mods currently enabled. Press L+R to clear all mods".

This is realllllly icing on the cake, but would be nice to have in time for EVO next week! Especially since they are actively asking for tournament setups (see http://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/29nbmw/going_to_evo_2014_bring_a_gamecubewii_and_melee/)
I actually could do this. I don't think I would implement something like the L+R, but I could show the status of that toggle on the CSS.

Top Bottom