• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official The 20XX Melee Training Hack Pack (v5.0.2 - 1/20/2023)

XxGUNZxX

Smash Apprentice
What's the simplest way of updating to a new version without having to start over from your original melee iso?

Achilles1515

Smash Master
What's the simplest way of updating to a new version without having to start over from your original melee iso?
Since the original 2.0 release, the only files that have changed in the updates since then have been:

- Start.dol (DOL file, main code)
- GmTtAll.usd (20XX Start Screen texture)
*these are two of the files inside the download pack

All you need to do to update from a previous version is to download the latest pack and then replace ONLY those two files (and if you already have the 20XX Start Screen then don’t worry about that file). I have a guide on the main page for replacing ONLY the DOL file using GCR. The same steps can be applied for replacing any single file.

So download the newest testing DOL from my post above and then use GCR to replace the current DOL in your ISO with that file.

Just posting to say how grateful I am that you are continuing to improve your already great contribution to melee.
Thanks! I can't get out to tournaments much and don't really have the means to TO a tourney or anything, so I'm doing what I can to help grow and support the community.

Element of Smash

Scrub Lord
I started making a guide for this the other day but never finished it. I’ll try and get around to it this weekend. It’s not that complicated.

If you want just the stage select screen that I made, take the MnSlMap.usd file from the pack and use it to replace the original one on your other ISO. You can use GCR for this.
Oh, awesome. Thanks!

A different question now. How would one go about editing the main menu? Per se, to match the custom theme one has for the CSS.

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Oh, awesome. Thanks!

A different question now. How would one go about editing the main menu? Per se, to match the custom theme one has for the CSS.
No clue. I've never done any texture editing on the main menu. You'd probably need to dump the textures as you play it on Dolphin, convert them to TPL files and then use that info to try and find where the offsets are located within a "main menu" file. My guess is its the MnMaAll.usd file because that's the file the "Debug Menu" texture hack was in.

It's probably much more limited than you think, though.

P 1

Smash Cadet
I started making a guide for this the other day but never finished it. I’ll try and get around to it this weekend. It’s not that complicated.

If you want just the stage select screen that I made, take the MnSlMap.usd file from the pack and use it to replace the original one on your other ISO. You can use GCR for this.
i'm having some minor conflicts within codes i'm using, particularly P2 hold shield and Random Tech / DI. I'm using a .gct though, because you don't have random teching / DIing. the issue is that P2 doesn't press start automatically upon finishing a match.

I'm also using Melee SD, which i believe makes some major adjustments to the main .dol. I'm wondering, could i somehow use your modifications to the .dol file, and their modifications (so the modded characters still work), while using a .gct to inject the random tech / DI.

i suppose a de-bugging of the random tech / DI or the P2 hold shield stuff would also work. might be less work too? idk lol.
hopefully i gave you all the information you need to give me an answer.

Achilles1515

Smash Master
i'm having some minor conflicts within codes i'm using, particularly P2 hold shield and Random Tech / DI. I'm using a .gct though, because you don't have random teching / DIing. the issue is that P2 doesn't press start automatically upon finishing a match.

I'm also using Melee SD, which i believe makes some major adjustments to the main .dol. I'm wondering, could i somehow use your modifications to the .dol file, and their modifications (so the modded characters still work), while using a .gct to inject the random tech / DI.

i suppose a de-bugging of the random tech / DI or the P2 hold shield stuff would also work. might be less work too? idk lol.
hopefully i gave you all the information you need to give me an answer.
As is stated in the main post, this is for 1.02. Not 1.00.

Wolf_Shadowheart

Smash Rookie
Hey Achilles! I've been following this guide for a while now, working with .gct and .dol hacks that you provided. Two of the big things that forced me to use this hackpack are the collision boxes and the bobomb-rain. Unfortunately I never got to use that particular method of practice and I think it would be a lot of fun! Is there and easy way to add a toggle for this? I currently am running 2.06 .dol with everything working fine! ;) Thanks for all the hard work!

XxGUNZxX

Smash Apprentice
I tried the new update. Yoshis down-b is freezing the game every time. Also, putting the dual 1v1 to "1" is not turning off the colors.

Achilles1515

Smash Master
ahhh lame. you know if there's anyway to port marth's sword colors or the platform colors to 1.00?

sorry i'm the lamo asking for 1.00 gct codes in a 1.02 .dol thread.
Yes, it can be done. I can do the sword swing colors for you this weekend. The platform colors have a few more offsets and would take more work in its current state. I'd like to convert it to an ASM code soon, though. Once I do this, I can make a 1.00 version for you.

Hey Achilles! I've been following this guide for a while now, working with .gct and .dol hacks that you provided. Two of the big things that forced me to use this hackpack are the collision boxes and the bobomb-rain. Unfortunately I never got to use that particular method of practice and I think it would be a lot of fun! Is there and easy way to add a toggle for this? I currently am running 2.06 .dol with everything working fine! ;) Thanks for all the hard work!
You could try running the codes on top of the pack. I...think...they'll work. Maybe not all of it.

As a general note on the project - in my experimenting with Dual 1v1, I seem to have found some more free space in the DOL. Not 100% certain on how much but it's looks to be substantial.

All the updates since 2.0 thus far have been bug fixes and smaller tweaks - partly because I was low on available code lines and also because it just needed to be done. So now that I've got more lines, I plan on adding some bigger things - Dual 1v1 being one of them. I worked on that code a little more tonight and added in the feature that the last two players (winners of each 1v1) get to attack each other to finish the game. It's almost done but needs a little more polishing.

I tried the new update. Yoshis down-b is freezing the game every time. Also, putting the dual 1v1 to "1" is not turning off the colors.
Thanks for the feedback. I'll try and look into it. What do you mean by not turning off the colors?

Last edited:

XxGUNZxX

Smash Apprentice
The characters on-screen have no detail and are just a solid green color. I assumed this solid green color was used for the dual 1v1 hack but maybe it's just a bug or something. Maybe i set it wrong? All i did was replace the start,dol file with gcr.

big sleep

չչչ
@ 20XX pack staff:
could you guys please include an option in the menus somewhere to switch to SD Remix?

that would be amazing...

Last edited:

Wolf_Shadowheart

Smash Rookie
Awesome!
I am also finding that since the update to 2.06 I haven't been able to use d-pad down to switch to debug stages. Maybe it's only mine but I'd like to know :)

XxGUNZxX

Smash Apprentice
Awesome!
I am also finding that since the update to 2.06 I haven't been able to use d-pad down to switch to debug stages. Maybe it's only mine but I'd like to know :)
Load states have been moved to d pad left and infinite shield is now dpad down. This is to avoid accidentally saving/loading when meaning to do the other.

Goatlink

Smash Apprentice
Why isn't this stickied? This is likely the most important Melee mod ever.
yeah, I believe the 20xx hack pack will just become the standard melee mod that will include all the important codes in the future. Especially if achilles or someone figures out how to combine it with melee SD remix.

Last edited:

nqztv

Smash Journeyman
so after messing around with v2.07 pretest 3 running on a wii, i believe that a freezing glitch of sorts happens when characters go for grabs. i can do it consistently with all the characters i've tried by pressing z or doing a grab-type b move (like ganondorf's or captain falcon's up-b yoshi's or kirby's neutral-b). i also say "of sorts" because it freezes, but if you wait long enough, it'll skip forward a few frames, freeze again, skip forward a few frames, and so on until the grab animation ends. i was not able to replicate @ XxGUNZxX XxGUNZxX problem with yoshi's down-b. that worked fine for me. can anyone replicate my issue?

Russ The Love Muss

I just want to love you
NNID
RussellTLM
Not sure if anyone else has mentioned this but I encountered a glitch. When playing as Falco against a Fox CPU that was set to shieldgrab, I was practicing drill shines and very rarely after I landed and shined I would disappear as soon as I shined and get KOed. Very strange and I'm not sure how to exactly replicate it except to keep drill shining until it happens

Running on 2.06 but also happened on 2.05

Last edited:

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Not sure if anyone else has mentioned this but I encountered a glitch. When playing as Falco against a Fox CPU that was set to shieldgrab, I was practicing drill shines and very rarely after I landed and shined I would disappear as soon as I shined and get KOed. Very strange and I'm not sure how to exactly replicate it except to keep drill shining until it happens

Running on 2.06 but also happened on 2.05
This is really weird. I've never seen that happen.

so after messing around with v2.07 pretest 3 running on a wii, i believe that a freezing glitch of sorts happens when characters go for grabs. i can do it consistently with all the characters i've tried by pressing z or doing a grab-type b move (like ganondorf's or captain falcon's up-b yoshi's or kirby's neutral-b). i also say "of sorts" because it freezes, but if you wait long enough, it'll skip forward a few frames, freeze again, skip forward a few frames, and so on until the grab animation ends. i was not able to replicate @ XxGUNZxX XxGUNZxX problem with yoshi's down-b. that worked fine for me. can anyone replicate my issue?
Yep. I noticed that. I *think* I fixed that and everything else and now have a finalized Dual 1v1 code that is reliable. I'll post it later today for you guys to test. I have the code written for the last section that adds in features, I just need to insert it into the DOL now. Shouldn't take too long. Might do it during lunch break today.

Russ The Love Muss

I just want to love you
NNID
RussellTLM
I've only had it occur in training mode. I'll try out standard vs. mode and see if I can replicate it there

Edit: Yep occurs there too

Last edited:

sdremix_troubleshooter

Smash Journeyman
Here is an example of it (Alternate Gfycat link)
I imagine you would need to write commands to the CPU in a way that CatchWait (or equivalent action; I don't remember the sub-action names by heart) is not interrupted prematurely by a forced-disallowed action (in this case by shield). Had the forced command been a directional, a throw would simply occur instead.

The KO appears because the grab was interrupted without going into CatchCut (throw break).

Achilles1515

Smash Master
20XX 2.07 Pretest - 4.dol
The only changes were made to the Dual 1v1 code.

Two additional features have been added, both of which are controlled by the Debug Menu toggle.

Debug Toggle Value:

1 = Everything is totally normal and friendly fire being OFF acts the same as it would in vanilla.

2 = Dual 1v1 ON.
  • The moment both set of 1v1's ends, the in-game friendly fire value is switched so that those winners can attack each other and finish out the match.

3 [default] = Dual 1v1 ON.
  • The moment both set of 1v1's ends:
    • The in-game friendly fire value is switched so that those winners can attack each other and finish out the match.
    • The winner's from each 1v1 will have their percents reset to 0 and stocks set to 2.
I spent a lot of time debugging the code this weekend, so I hope I fixed all the freezing problems. Please test and let me know if you find issues.

Btw, even though Dual 1v1 is defaulted to ON, normal competitive 2v2 matches (with friendly fire ON) are completely unaffected and can be played normally without turning Dual 1v1 OFF in the debug menu. So Dual 1v1 is only in affect if
a) the debug toggle for it is ON
b) the match is started with friendly fire OFF

Last edited:

Elen

Smash Lord
Would it be possible to have a version made that does not replace the first nametag on the list with Achilles?

I completely understand and appreciate that you want to have your name on the hackpack, but this is the only feature that causes issues when overwriting my memory card. Each time I use the hack pack it removes another name from the top of my list! As I switch between versions on my SD card between HackPack for practice and regular melee for competitive play, it would nice to be able to leave my memory card inserted if possible!

Just a minor inconvenience, but if there's a quick way to modify this that would be extremely appreciated!

Thanks again for all your hard work! Keep it up!

mooki

Smash Apprentice
Hey just came across a bug.
Pressing Z while either colors or flash red is 2 will cause the game to hang for a while. It doesn't crash but it freezes up.

Hacked Wii using 2.07 pretest 3

Edit: Oh, and it doesn't go away until you restart. Not even if you turn either option back to 1. It's kinda strange actually.

Edit 2: Oh yea. Pre 4 works. Thanks.

Last edited:

Funkymonk

Smash Rookie
Hey, im having some troubles i hope you can help me with.
The debug menu started to freeze everytime, same happens when i active the R+ pad-up (dair+ upgrab) at the moment when the caracters throw-up. The weird thing is that i used this function for a week, but suddenly it started to fail. Some ideas?

Thx in advance, and thx for the great work with the hack.

nqztv

Smash Journeyman
just wanted to report that v2.07 pretest 4 seems to have fixed the freezing on grab issue from pretest 3 on initial testing. thanks again!

Qual_

Smash Apprentice
Nice feature !

Achilles, instead of trying to recode for PAL/1.00, will it be more easier to simply use a switch and another characters values to match PAL/NTSC/1.00 ?

LotoSage

Smash Rookie
I'm new to the Melee community, but I am loving 20xx so far. My one question is, should I be running it on a CRT, if I have loaded the game on my wii via SD?

Redd

thataintfalco.com
BRoomer
Just hawk the free section, they pop up all the time. Another route, I got my flatscreen CRT with component in/headphone jack for like $8-10 at goodwill.

Todd Bonney

Smash Lord
Alternatively, you could get this or this and play on an HDMI monitor. I can vouch for the first one. It is lagless.

Just trying to spread the word of lagless HD Melee. The Future.

Raleigh, eh? I'd love to have another HD setup in the state. I'll see you at things. You should check out the facebook group and hang out with Raleigh ppl, there are lots.

Last edited:

mYzeALot

Smash Journeyman
Do I want to just download what is in the download link? It says its 1.02 20xx file replacements, which makes me wonder what else I would need?

Edit: Also, how do I figure out what version of melee I have to make sure it's 1.02?

Last edited:
Top Bottom