• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official The 20XX Melee Training Hack Pack (v5.0.2 - 1/20/2023)

TechMage299

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TechMage299
3DS FC
3497-1921-5527
So by regular match do you mean a 1p match of some sort? I know it can happen after playing training mode, which I will fix.
Yes, in a 1P(Adventure, Event, Classic)

Also if anyone know to control the camera with debug controls, zoom out with game unpaused. I want to look at the blast zones without having to pause and being able to see the killpower of attacks and whatnot.

pheijai

Smash Rookie
is it possible to make a random in the character select screen?

Last edited:

XxGUNZxX

Smash Apprentice
For those asking about changing falco lasering functions: just use the invincibility hack (input is x and up). You can still powershield the lasers but won't suffer hitstun for getting hit. It works really well.

snex

Smash Master
havent read the whole thread so forgive me if this has already been dealt with - i cant get the P2 action spam to work reliably at all. im trying to make fox do repeated upsmashes, but he just wont do it. i can get him to run or jump randomly but thats about it. anybody know how to make this work?

Fishaman P

Smash Apprentice
havent read the whole thread so forgive me if this has already been dealt with - i cant get the P2 action spam to work reliably at all. im trying to make fox do repeated upsmashes, but he just wont do it. i can get him to run or jump randomly but thats about it. anybody know how to make this work?
The C-stick is actually only a 1-frame press, so you can't use that for action spam (well, you could, but... you know...).
Basically, input the action spam combo, then charge an up smash. Keep holding the up smash even after it's finished.

snex

Smash Master
The C-stick is actually only a 1-frame press, so you can't use that for action spam (well, you could, but... you know...).
Basically, input the action spam combo, then charge an up smash. Keep holding the up smash even after it's finished.
worked perfectly, thanks!

Achilles1515

Smash Master
@ Achilles1515 Achilles1515 ,
I heard someone could make 20XX iso using v1.00.

Do you think there is possibility to do that?
It's possible. It would just be so much work because I'm so far in at this point. I would have to go back through every single code, find the corresponding injection points in 1.00, and then convert all the memory offsets that those referenced inside those codes, to point to the 1.00 locations (of which the vast majority have not been documented for 1.00). Honestly, it will likely never be ported to 1.00. Sorry that is not the answer you are looking for.

is it possible to make a random in the character select screen?
I could jerry-rig something up to make something like this but it wouldn't be pretty like in PM and 95% of people probably wouldn't use it so thats not something I'll be working on. It is good that you brought it up because in the ideal game, it would be in there. Just super low priority.

@ Achilles1515 Achilles1515 any chance we could have a modified falco SHL ai (changes timing and overall slower)
also SDIing jab resets would be a cool plus
Eventually I'd like to.

A general note on the project:

A lot of people have been asking about suggestions/implementations they would like to see that involve forcing P2 actions. And I agree with you guys - there is SO MUCH potential involved in that subject. Since the release of 2.0, I haven't added in anymore P2 action stuff (except for little fixes with computer teching and DI), but I've certainly been thinking about it. The unfortunate part about the code I have written is that it is split up into many different chunks within the DOL due to it's length and just how the original organization worked out with all the other codes. Because of this, it is hard [tedious] to make changes and additions to it. So my new goal with the P2 action codes is to reorganize it all and rewrite most of it to be more efficient before making anymore additions.

But before that happens, I will be focusing on "feature" additions. Things like what I have been adding recently (Dual 1v1, Endless Friendlies, memory card saving, etc.). I feel like I need to square most of this stuff away and polish it up before advancing further, otherwise they'll always be on my mind and it will constantly be distracting me. And there are a few really important things of this nature that need to be added, one of which being the addition of PAL characters. I'm on another business trip this week and I spent a few hours on the plane today thinking about and testing a few different ways of adding those characters in. It didn't feel very productive, but I learned a few things. And there's still more testing to do of course... A few other things I plan to add before working on P2 action stuff is the DashDance Bomb Rain Minigame (+) and more advanced edgetech practicing.

I'm staying real busy with work, girlfriend, and moving to a new place and stuff so I can't give any hard deadlines for anything. I'll just keep chipping away whenever I can.

EDIT: Oh, and I fixed the Stock Dependent Revival Platform code last night. Holla.

Last edited:

snex

Smash Master
one thing i am wondering is if you can upload a binary diff patch that people can directly apply to a melee iso, instead of having to use all these crazy tools to create a new iso. i would be happy to help work on this if you need me to.

Achilles1515

Smash Master
one thing i am wondering is if you can upload a binary diff patch that people can directly apply to a melee iso, instead of having to use all these crazy tools to create a new iso. i would be happy to help work on this if you need me to.
Idk man. I mean, that sounds great but I have no idea where to start on a project like that (and preferably would rather focus on game coding anyway, at the moment). If you want to work on it, then go right ahead, but I've got nothing to add unfortunately.

snex

Smash Master
linux has tools that will do this for you right out of the box, but i'm not sure about windows or mac. basically if i can get a 20xx iso for a given version, i can maintain a diffpatch for that version, most likely on github. i will look into tools for windows/mac and let you know what i find.

edit: bam that was fast. somebody ported the linux tool to windows and its available here: http://sites.inka.de/tesla/others.html#bsdiff all you need to do is create the 20xx iso like you normally do, then use "bsdiff melee.iso 20xx-version-x.y.z.iso 20xx-x.y.z.patch" to create the patch file, then upload the patch file (i dont know how large this will be, so you might need a dedicated spot for large files). anybody can then download the bsdiff tool and use "bspatch melee.iso 20xx-version-x.y.z.iso 20xx-x.y.z.patch" and this will create the iso that can then be burned. this should save lots of hassle over the long run, and could even be packaged with a simple GUI installer to make it even easier.

Last edited:

Doq

Smash Lord
bsdiff stuff
While that's good for small files, GCM's are 1.35 GB large, and bspatch runs in double of that. Who has a spare 3GB of RAM laying around? e~ and bsdiff requires at least 8-17 times that!

Although that has been a project of mine to automate the process.

Last edited:

XxGUNZxX

Smash Apprentice
I aree with everything you said in your post about the project. I would way prefer awesome and polished features like dual 1v1 and endless over random button and P2 action codes. These will make the hack more popular as well and seem like a much better way of spending ur time (especially cuz ur so busy).

Also, any luck with the black screen problem in endless? Would it be better to start from scratch?

Doq

Smash Lord
I just got this working. It's a small batch file that patches your Melee ISO to 20XX ISO. Your original isn't modified in the process.

20XX Training Pack Installer v1.1
Requirements:
> a Melee image (duh)
> and a couple gigabytes of freespace for working with.
* Note that the version of 20XXTP is 2.0.6, the latest stable version. If you want the latest beta, just replace the main.dol in the installer folder with the one from the download.
** The 20XX iso that comes out at the end of installation is indeed smaller than the original. That's because I compressed it for you. :p
*** v1.1 has an md5 checker, it checks the md5 sum of the 20XX files. Just incase SOMEHOW they get corrupted. Also more colors.

Download the Installer via Dropbox Download v1.1 via Dropbox

Last edited:

Achilles1515

Smash Master
I aree with everything you said in your post about the project. I would way prefer awesome and polished features like dual 1v1 and endless over random button and P2 action codes. These will make the hack more popular as well and seem like a much better way of spending ur time (especially cuz ur so busy).

Also, any luck with the black screen problem in endless? Would it be better to start from scratch?
I'll haven't messed with the endless friendlies yet, but I'll hopefully do a little testing tonight.

I just got this working. It's a small batch file that patches your Melee ISO to 20XX ISO. Your original isn't modified in the process.

20XX Training Pack Installer v1
Requirements:
> a Melee image (duh)
> and a couple gigabytes of freespace for working with.
* Note that the version of 20XXTP is 2.0.6, the latest stable version. If you want the latest beta, just replace the main.dol in the installer folder with the one from the download.
** The 20XX iso that comes out at the end of installation is indeed smaller than the original. That's because I compressed it for you. :p

Download the Installer via Dropbox
Wow this sounds so great. I can't wait to test it with the new release when I get everything fixed. I should have at least one other new file replacement, so I'll give you a heads up before this happens so you can get the installer ready. This is awesome! I really appreciate people adding things to the project to help others.

Last edited:

Doq

Smash Lord
Wow this sounds so great. I can't wait to test it with the new release when I get everything fixed. I should have at least one other new file replacement, so I'll give you a heads up before this happens so you can get the installer ready. This is awesome! I really appreciate people adding things to the project to help others.
It's the most amazing thing ever. Now people won't complain that their 20XX isn't working because they can't set it up wrong! :D Keep me posted on it's utilization :)

TerryJ

Smash Journeyman
NNID
1337-1337-1337
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
I've been thinking about it for a couple weeks now but would it be possible to expand the size of savedata of Melee so that there's room to save/launch your own code from it? If this were possible we would be able to run the 20XX hacks from an unhacked gamecube and that would open up a WHOLE WORLD of possibilities.

On a side note, this is actually how PS2 hacking works so it might be worth looking into. If you need any info on it let me know.

Last edited:

Achilles1515

Smash Master
I've been thinking about it for a couple weeks now but would it be possible to expand the size of savedata of Melee so that there's room to save/launch your own code from it? If this were possible we would be able to run the 20XX hacks from an unhacked gamecube and that would open up a WHOLE WORLD of possibilities.

On a side note, this is actually how PS2 hacking works so it might be worth looking into. If you need any info on it let me know.
I've thought about this as well and I think it might be possible. idk about expanding the savedata or whatever but if there is any ASM code that is saved on the memory card that gets ran through while in the game, I could edit it while playing on 20XX to make it branch to elsewhere in the memory where I would write custom code (in the same manner that I accomplished saving debug toggles). The problem is that I don't know how to find everything that is on the memory card.

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Doing a little bit of testing. So I'm pretty sure the Endless Friendlies black screen bug stems from playing some matches, ragequitting to the CSS, and then playing 1 more match. After that one is when the black screen problem happens (but it doesn't always happen). I honestly have no idea why this happens, but I may be able to mitigate the issue by having the second match after leaving the CSS be a salty runback instead of going to a random stage....and then random stages from then on out until you go back to the CSS. Idk if this will work or not but it's my best attempt at a solution as of now.

Last edited:

TechMage299

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TechMage299
3DS FC
3497-1921-5527
Doing a little bit of testing. So I'm pretty sure the Endless Friendlies black screen bug stems from playing some matches, ragequitting to the CSS, and then playing 1 more match. After that one is when the black screen problem happens (but it doesn't always happen). I honestly have no idea why this happens, but I may be able to mitigate the issue by having the second match after leaving the CSS be a salty runback instead of going to a random stage....and then random stages from then on out until you go back to the CSS. Idk if this will work or not but it's my best attempt at a solution as of now.
i'm not an expert, in fact I'm the town dumbass, but maybe there are some ID markers as to where the game is supposed to go after whatever is going on, maybe it's unable to load the correct event markers.
Source: GBA Hacking of Fire Emblem games.

Last edited:

XxGUNZxX

Smash Apprentice
Interesting. Ill have to check and see if the rage quit is causing it as well. What if you rage quit, and then back out all the way to start screen? Or if u go to debug mode? If those work, maybe u can make the rage quit take u directly to there? I'm just throwing some ideas out there. I'll have to test when i get the chance.

Kou

Smash Apprentice
It's possible. It would just be so much work because I'm so far in at this point. I would have to go back through every single code, find the corresponding injection points in 1.00, and then convert all the memory offsets that those referenced inside those codes, to point to the 1.00 locations (of which the vast majority have not been documented for 1.00). Honestly, it will likely never be ported to 1.00. Sorry that is not the answer you are looking for.
Thank you!

Kou

Smash Apprentice
Btw,
don't you get "Game Timer to become a Consecutive Hit Counter for All Players" into 20XX?
I think that's soooooooooooo awesome mod.

If it would be toggled in the debug menu, it would be awesome.

BrTarolg

Smash Ace
Hi there

This is an AMAZING piece of work., i cant thank you more than enough for it

I've had an issue recently where the game keeps crashing when i'm using grab OOS and the computer grabs me? Not 100% sure what's going on but i get random crashes when the computer grabs me sometimes

Qual_

Smash Apprentice
ohmagad i'll try dat freeze code

Edit : THX dude !

This is EXACTLY what i wanted !

this is so much usefull for training fast chaingrab with fox, or infinite utilt/leffen's upsmash techchase ( a lot more convenient than using save states)

And the "hide hud" code works in training mode too, so this is perfect !

Last edited:

Goatlink

Smash Apprentice
I've thought about this as well and I think it might be possible. idk about expanding the savedata or whatever but if there is any ASM code that is saved on the memory card that gets ran through while in the game, I could edit it while playing on 20XX to make it branch to elsewhere in the memory where I would write custom code (in the same manner that I accomplished saving debug toggles). The problem is that I don't know how to find everything that is on the memory card.
what you're describing sounds sort of like the melee crazy mod http://www.freewebs.com/amorphis_x/apps/blog/categories/show/319583-crazy-mod-ssbm-v1-2. idk how it works but what it does is it apparently loads code when you enter the name entry on the menu, and it works with a vanilla disk and cube (I have personally tested), you just need the hacked save on your mem card. I really wish i knew more about how it worked and stuff but it seems like it has a lot of potential...

Last edited:

TerryJ

Smash Journeyman
NNID
1337-1337-1337
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
what you're describing sounds sort of like the melee crazy mod http://www.freewebs.com/amorphis_x/apps/blog/categories/show/319583-crazy-mod-ssbm-v1-2. idk how it works but what it does is it apparently loads code when you enter the name entry on the menu, and it works with a vanilla disk and cube, you just need the hacked save on your mem card. I really wish i knew more about how it worked and stuff but it seems like it has a lot of potential...
What exactly am I reading and how come I've never seen this before? I've done some digging but never ran into this.

Achilles1515

Smash Master
what you're describing sounds sort of like the melee crazy mod http://www.freewebs.com/amorphis_x/apps/blog/categories/show/319583-crazy-mod-ssbm-v1-2. idk how it works but what it does is it apparently loads code when you enter the name entry on the menu, and it works with a vanilla disk and cube (I have personally tested), you just need the hacked save on your mem card. I really wish i knew more about how it worked and stuff but it seems like it has a lot of potential...
Right...after I figured out how to save to the memory card, I immediately thought of the Crazy Mod, which I never used but stumbled upon a few months ago. I should try contacting that guy...

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Can someone upload the Crazy Mod file(s) to Mediafire for me? I'm only on my phone and work computer at the moment and can't really download anything from the links I've found....but mediafire works (thank god).

Goatlink

Smash Apprentice
Thanks. idk if I'll find anything out of it, but its worth a shot.

Whats the difference between the two?
Off the top of my head, version 1.0 has an option to control player flags, but that option is disabled in version 1.1. In version 1.1 there are a few more options, they are mostly geared for "flying battles" so there is an option to disable freefall and an option to set the size of a completely blank stage with no collision. It goes over the all the changes in the page I linked before.

Last edited:

BrTarolg

Smash Ace
Also i've got a bugreport about the random techs that the computer do. If you don't let the computer do his shine after teching, then he will tech extremely predictably (notably they miss tech a lot)

I can't quite put my finger on it but it doesn't feel quite right

piggyjelly

Smash Apprentice
Since the crazy mod got brought up I'd love to see some of the features from the crazy mod debug mode added to the 20xx pack, I just moved from crazy mod to this and I miss some of it. The doppleganger toggles, playing lagfest matches with 30 copies of every character on screen was a blast, especially when using the Ice Climbers AI for them made it possible to have a pair of game breaking Captian Falcon Climbers and stuff like that. The player flags were also a ton of fun to mess with.

Top Bottom