• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The 0C2 Zero Challenge Video Thread - DVD COMPLETE, ORDER NOW!!!

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
I still have not received checks from the following eBay IDs:

mjj1960
buttram1987
jumpfreak888
vincentjod
zachary1988z
rurounikeitaro75

I sent all of you invoices on eBay with instructions on where to send payment. PLEASE log on and view your messages to find out how to send your checks.
Serious?! I attempted to do my purchase throught paypal and thought it went through. I'm gonna check my bank account and try again.

4% APR

Smash Champion
When I put mine in the DVD drive it just says "Please insert DVD" like there is nothing there. Am I doing something wrong or should I just send it back.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Okay mana they are really getting annoyed at me, by asking them to remove this videos, that are not in direct copyright infringement, so all I can do is warn the guy and give him a two day period before he loses access to youtube.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Mana, Ican no longer remove the videos, or I will lose my internship. Sorry but Internship> oc2 dvd

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
i have my dvd now.
u were right. my mom just misplaced it a week ago when she got the mail and is too dumb to even remember ever getting it. my stepdad found it for me. sorry bout any trouble, and thanx for the dvd- it works perfectly.

watching the dvd and seeing 90% the matches having fox/falco/sheik in them(not that i'm surprised, but i guess..just that feeling of redundantness) makes me want brawl even more for its "improved tier balance." No matter how awesome the players are, i guess i find myself losing interest more and more easily after each time i watch upper tier fights :/ the few brave souls who used mid tiers usually didn't do great.

manacloud1

Smash Champion
hmmm

Has my dvd been send yet? Neal told me it would be send either Saturday or today.
well we havent received checks yet from lots of people. We dont send out dvds till we get those checks. Did you send us a check? or paid through paypal, if not you would be our third shipment. So just be patient we are still gathering our dvds.

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Just wanna say good **** to everyone who made this. I just got it today, I didn't have much time to watch matches but I got to see a few and it got me all excited to play smash the way videos should.

So, in conclusion, nice work its much appreciated from a guy who hates downloading **** from the internet/dc++ (youtube has been a godsend though, except the connection in my dorm room BLOWS, so this is much better, besides this way I can actually take some time to analysis a match for myself without worrying about the connection going freaking haywire).

Jeffz0r

Smash Champion
well we havent received checks yet from lots of people. We dont send out dvds till we get those checks. Did you send us a check? or paid through paypal, if not you would be our third shipment. So just be patient we are still gathering our dvds.
By paypal.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
I'm pretty sure I paid through paypal a while ago but you guys said you did not recieve a check from me. Can you guys check if the payment through paypal came through? IF not then I'll try it again but I don't know if it came through or not.

manacloud1

Smash Champion
hmm

is it still possible to buy this? ( the "auction" ended last night)
yes its still possible to buy this, you

can send a check to :

8791 natoma ave westminster ca 92683 and ill send you the dvd once the check arrives. Ive been waiting for checks but people havent sent them out yet so please if you are buying one with check send it to the address above. The third batch of dvds will be delayed a bit computer issues.

Serpreme

Smash Apprentice
Now can we put videos on youtube a month after you do your final batch? because thats like in a year :)

Jeffz0r

Smash Champion
Can't you ship what you've got and send the rest in a while when you can burn again?
Otherwise you're making people wait, though their DVD is already finished...

manacloud1

Smash Champion
well

Can't you ship what you've got and send the rest in a while when you can burn again?
Otherwise you're making people wait, though their DVD is already finished...
if you think about it its not really our fault if the computer just dies. Then we gotta order parts etc, etc. Burning 107 dvds is a ***** jefforz. The least you can do is wait. Thats why i originally asked people to not post videos on you tube until people people get their videos. However, this isnt the case anymore, people are *******s and posted videos. I knew this was comming from the begginning but right now our computers are up and running and you all will get your dvds shortly even the ones who had their dvds messed up. This new batch of dvds all work i tested it myself so i better not hear complaints.

Ian

Smash Ace
if you think about it its not really our fault if the computer just dies. Then we gotta order parts etc, etc. Burning 107 dvds is a ***** jefforz. The least you can do is wait. Thats why i originally asked people to not post videos on you tube until people people get their videos. However, this isnt the case anymore, people are *******s and posted videos. I knew this was comming from the begginning but right now our computers are up and running and you all will get your dvds shortly even the ones who had their dvds messed up. This new batch of dvds all work i tested it myself so i better not hear complaints.

I understand that you guys have a lot of things swamping you since both of you are college students and all... BUT I think the amount of extra work is very minimal, I don't know if you know this but you can set it up so USPS(the mail) sends a truck to pick up parcels when ever you want... every day...every other day...every week w/e you like. All you have to do is print out the lable attach it to the package and leave it out side or give it to the driver when he comes to pick it up... that would fix the being shipped out ever few weeks problem.

manacloud1

Smash Champion
hmm

I understand that you guys have a lot of things swamping you since both of you are college students and all... BUT I think the amount of extra work is very minimal, I don't know if you know this but you can set it up so USPS(the mail) sends a truck to pick up parcels when ever you want... every day...every other day...every week w/e you like. All you have to do is print out the lable attach it to the package and leave it out side or give it to the driver when he comes to pick it up... that would fix the being shipped out ever few weeks problem.
actually we cant even burn the dvds if the computers are dead dude. I burned 107 dvds, which just corrupted the dvd player and killed it. So how can we ship dvds when they arent done? We want all the dvds to work right instead of making everything we burn not work and people have to return them. Its better this way trust me.

Jeffz0r

Smash Champion
if you think about it its not really our fault if the computer just dies. Then we gotta order parts etc, etc. Burning 107 dvds is a ***** jefforz. The least you can do is wait.
I never said it was your fault....
I understand why it died and that it's a lot of work. And don't get me wrong, I truly appreciate all the work you're going through for this, but that doesn't answer my question why you can't send yet what you've got...
Anyway, now that your computers are up and running again, I guess it's not really a problem anymore, since it shouldn't take long now till more DVD's will be send out.
I btw find that vids of this should be uploaded on youtube at any time, not even a year from now, not ever. People are paying for this stuff for a reason :dizzy:

...And my nick is Jeffz0r, not Jeff0rz ><

manacloud1

Smash Champion
yeah

I never said it was your fault....
I understand why it died and that it's a lot of work. And don't get me wrong, I truly appreciate all the work you're going through for this, but that doesn't answer my question why you can't send yet what you've got...
Anyway, now that your computers are up and running again, I guess it's not really a problem anymore, since it shouldn't take long now till more DVD's will be send out.
I btw find that vids of this should be uploaded on youtube at any time, not even a year from now, not ever. People are paying for this stuff for a reason :dizzy:

...And my nick is Jeffz0r, not Jeff0rz ><
we are trying our best to get this done trust me, were almost done .

forward

Smash Champion
I just got my dvd

And **** is it crazy

First of all, the fact that I attended OC2 really helps me appreciate this dvd. I can watch our international crew battles and it brings back the memories of it all.

Another thing, this dvd works on my dvd player. So, its really cool watching the matches on a bigger screen than a monitor. I also like how it jumps from one match to another, I don't have to go and select the next file to play. The singles has about 110 matches I believe, so I could let the thing run all day and still wouldn't see it all.

The matches are really good too. Sooooo much vids of Ken and I love watching Ken play. I finally got to watch myself vs pc chris, lol, that was entertaining. Lots of chu dat matches on here too, and good ones at that. Anyone who wants to learn how to play IC's this dvd is a must.

Anyways I think it's a shame that people are uploading this on youtube. There is so much footage on here, once you see it you'll understand why it took so long to make. So for people to just go and waist other's efforts on this is kinda sad. I was at Caotics house and he had at least 15 tapes of VHS all of footage that was being encoded for the DVD, so, I can imagine the work that went into these.

Of course, since it's VHS, there are some tracking issues at a couple parts (east vs south was kinda messed up :() But, all in all it's still good.

Forward gives the OC2 dvd 4 1/2 out of 5 stars. Excellent job to all the people who made it all possible.

Ian

Smash Ace
actually we cant even burn the dvds if the computers are dead dude. I burned 107 dvds, which just corrupted the dvd player and killed it. So how can we ship dvds when they arent done? We want all the dvds to work right instead of making everything we burn not work and people have to return them. Its better this way trust me.
welll...I'm just saying I waited two weeks for mine to be shipped AND it didn't work... I would rather of had it shipped to me the day after I placed the order...found out it didn't work two days later and get a new one shipped to me then waiting for you guys to ship it...

just saying :confused:

manacloud1

Smash Champion
hmm

welll...I'm just saying I waited two weeks for mine to be shipped AND it didn't work... I would rather of had it shipped to me the day after I placed the order...found out it didn't work two days later and get a new one shipped to me then waiting for you guys to ship it...

just saying :confused:
well we apologize for your inconvenience, however, thats what im trying to do right now find out the problem with peoples dvds. The issue of running back and forth to the post office is not a huge one. We just prefered sending them in batches and since many people havent paid during ur shipment it took longer. We still dont really know the problem so we are working on that as well but right now i am burning disk for people and hopefully it will work and ssend them asap. In doing these dvds we knew we coulldnt please everyone, we knew people were going to upload the matches, we knew we werent some huge *** corporation, we are just smashers who made a dvd and most of us are college students. We just hope people understand.

nox

Smash Apprentice
I can honestly say this is arguably the best excuse for pirating I have ever seen. I honestly thought I was helping a good cause by paying for this, but I'm left speechless.

DVD Case : Cheap 1$ Store general slim dvd case.

DVD Case Cover : A sheet of paper with "OC2" printed on the front....no drawing, no logo, nothing....and it's in black and white

The DVD-R :
A cheap nameless generic brand DVD-R with a white front

The DVD Content : That was mentionned, but it still hurts to pay 30$ for a "backup" . Nero 7 generates menus and converts movies to DVD format ( AUDIO_TS / VIDEO_TS folders and all that )

Props on the Autorun ...awesome job...

The quality of the good is undeniably low. With just a single sell, you guys can buy more than everything it took to create this. Talk about return in investment ! Ripping vids takes a while, but if I was Neal I'd be laughing at all the suckers falling for this.

I expected it to be cheap, but you guys are just playing us for fools ( wich we are to some extent ), but this just makes me understand why people put the vids on youtube. If the quality was there, trust me , it would've taken longer for this to happen.

Anyway, I'll still watch it all and enjoy it , but you won't find me buying stuff from a community anymore...suckers we are. I just wanted to share my opinion with the rest of the potential buyers and owners of the DVD.

Arash

Smash Lord
i believe neal mentioned why we had to put it in the format that it was in, simply to get all the footage onto 1 disc we had no other choice. as much as we would have loved a DVD with menus, the choice was made to include as many matches as humanly possible.

as for the presentation of the product (case, dvd, etc), it would take us longer and we'd have to spend more to include good cover art, good DVD art, and the case that you normally see for store-bought DVDs. if you knew the troubles we encountered and delays we had to put up with already, i think you'd agree that more delays = bad. (which brings us to....)

The quality of the good is undeniably low. With just a single sell, you guys can buy more than everything it took to create this. Talk about return in investment ! Ripping vids takes a while, but if I was Neal I'd be laughing at all the suckers falling for this.
do you know what we had to buy and put up with to make these? if not, then i assure you that the effort and merchandise we had to buy far exceeded what we'd make with "a single sell". now i don't expect you to know what we did/bought to make the DVD, but at the same time you shouldn't be assuming that it was so easy/cheap for us to make it.

i don't know how you expected it to be so cheap, especially since we announced the price a while ago, and even then, if you disagreed with the price, nobody made you buy it. i think it's worth the price we put forth, personally. those with VoD accounts can tell you that, while it's awesome, you essentially pay for like 90% halo 2 matches.

and lastly, as a smasher, i don't appreciate you calling other smashers suckers. if i were neal, i think i'd be similarly pissed that you think we're trying to rip people off.

FalseFalco

Smash Master
People should think of buying the DVD as a donation in order to eliminate this attitude the OC2 staff is getting.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
I love you Sean B + FalseFalco

I'm going to do a M3D and say:

"You are an idiot."

manacloud1

Smash Champion
hmmm

I can honestly say this is arguably the best excuse for pirating I have ever seen. I honestly thought I was helping a good cause by paying for this, but I'm left speechless.

DVD Case : Cheap 1$ Store general slim dvd case.

DVD Case Cover : A sheet of paper with "OC2" printed on the front....no drawing, no logo, nothing....and it's in black and white

The DVD-R :
A cheap nameless generic brand DVD-R with a white front

The DVD Content : That was mentionned, but it still hurts to pay 30$ for a "backup" . Nero 7 generates menus and converts movies to DVD format ( AUDIO_TS / VIDEO_TS folders and all that )

Props on the Autorun ...awesome job...

I expected it to be cheap, but you guys are just playing us for fools ( wich we are to some extent ), but this just makes me understand why people put the vids on youtube. If the quality was there, trust me , it would've taken longer for this to happen.

Anyway, I'll still watch it all and enjoy it , but you won't find me buying stuff from a community anymore...suckers we are. I just wanted to share my opinion with the rest of the potential buyers and owners of the DVD.
we are sorry u feel this way, but i think nox if you were in our shoes or went to oc2 you wouldnt. We really spent a hard time creating this, i mean my computer broke down from all the burnings. The quality of the footage was only compressed to fit more matches for everyone. I mean you can still make out whats going on and i think thats what counts. We know we cannot please everyone, but i mean atleast show us respect in that we brought u this product in the first place.

Top Bottom