• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The 0C2 Zero Challenge Video Thread - DVD COMPLETE, ORDER NOW!!!

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
Hey, I kinda bought one from mistake while trying to check out the shipping details "haven't used Ebay in a while". Course I'm still gonna purchase as I was planning to anyway.

manacloud1

Smash Champion
wowwwww

first off i would like to thank all those who have bought the dvds. Right now we are currently trying to fit one more match on the dvd so nealts working on fixing this file. Once this file is added we will burn the complete dvd plus add covers etc. Since 42 people have already bought a dvd, we are happy to make a trip to the post office very soon as possible. Im currrently taking 20 units at school so everyone just bare with me, arash and nealdt. When all 3 of us set up a date to go to the post office to send off your dvds, we will write something on here and we will go. OH yeah for those who havent bought a dvd yet keep on buying. If the number reaches over 50 we will go send 50 so the sooner we know if people are going to keep buying more the easier it is for us because we will post a date to go to the post office so we can also send the late buyers their own dvd. Once again Thanks for all your support it is much appreciated.

Jeffz0r

Smash Champion
I'm still planned on buying one, hopefully this week. First I have to contact my uncle though, since he has Paypal.

Firestorm88

Smash Lord
-------

Firestorm: would you really prefer the alternative? Putting only 2 hours of matches on the DVD but making it a video disc?
No No, don't get me wrong. Just wanted to know if it was a data disc or a couple DVDs on Long Play. I haven't been keeping updated on the thread these past couple of months.

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
a friend of mine is ordering this for me since i dont have an e-bay account/paypal

many many <3's for the OC2 staff and everyone that attended!

maximuspita

Smash Ace
No, its not a normal DVD as in it will not play in a DVD player. You'll need to use a PC with any DVD-ROM drive and play the files with a media player, something like VLC player like Mana suggested.

Firestorm88

Smash Lord
You cannot play it on an Xbox 360. Microsoft is stupid and only allow the 360 to play WMV files >=( Wish it could play DivX...

Arash

Smash Lord
I'm sure you can burn a Dvd yourself to watch in a DVD player...

on a side note, i'm using the Wii browser to post this message!! WAHAHAHA!!

D1

Banned via Administration
WoooooT! Just bought my DVD and just wanted to thank all those who put their heart and soul into making this DVD happen!

I <3 WC gotta visit there this year. : D

manacloud1

Smash Champion
wow

weve almost hit the half mark, i didnt expect this many people to buy this dvd heh. I was hoping for atleast 40 but now its over so just Wow. Thanks everyone, Oc2 was a great tournament and now we get to share the experience with people that didnt go either. Nealt will release another dvd for not that much later on i think with caotic helping with it. This extra dvd will be footage of the japanese players their thoughts i think and their actual game taunts for those who want to get a good laugh. Its more of a wrap up of the oc2. That will be available later on so whoever wants it can buy it as well.

LuCas23332

Smash Journeyman
weve almost hit the half mark, i didnt expect this many people to buy this dvd heh. I was hoping for atleast 40 but now its over so just Wow. Thanks everyone, Oc2 was a great tournament and now we get to share the experience with people that didnt go either. Nealt will release another dvd for not that much later on i think with caotic helping with it. This extra dvd will be footage of the japanese players their thoughts i think and their actual game taunts for those who want to get a good laugh. Its more of a wrap up of the oc2. That will be available later on so whoever wants it can buy it as well.
Ill be willing to buy that, even though I dont have a **** credit card or anything. (Meaning ill find a way somehow ;))

nealdt

BRoomer
BRoomer
ATTENTION: EVERYONE WHO ELECTED TO PAY BY CHECK/MONEY ORDER

If you are NOT paying by PayPal, you should have received an invoice from me with instructions on where to send your payments. Please do not delay in sending a check. The longer it takes you to send the money, the longer it takes to ship, and the longer it takes for other people to get their DVDs. So please send out a payment as soon as you get the invoice :).

nealdt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Don't worry. We have enough orders to start shipping very soon. But the second batch will be mostly of payments made by check, so we'll have to wait for most of them to come in before sending it out.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I can't wait to get mine...Ship them! lol.

manacloud1

Smash Champion
?

question Mana will the 2nd vid have match footage and stuffz?
the second video has in the 2nd dvd separate from this called the "special footage dvd"?

the special footage dvd will be sold separately for those who want to see what went on at oc2, not the matches. Meaning videos of people, the japanese players doing their infamous taunts. Interviews, etc.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Hopefully not many because *****es are lame. I won't.

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I bought this ****z today. Good clux everyone who worked on it I cant wait, and I'll probably buy that extra dvd too. Congratulations on putting out the first DVD of Smash since TG4.

Lab Rat™

Smash Journeyman
haha RelaxImAProfessional you totally stole my MS painted "falcon user" tag on your sig... but its cool i didnt copy right it or anything so... spread the word!

i needs me one of the original ones so i dont have to make one in MS paint :)

manacloud1

Smash Champion
heh

I bought this ****z today. Good clux everyone who worked on it I cant wait, and I'll probably buy that extra dvd too. Congratulations on putting out the first DVD of Smash since TG4.
hey thanks for buying it alpha, thanks for the support. These are some great matches since the tg dvd your right.

chap, I dont know who you are, but what i dont get is why wont you help a cause? If you really want to watch it just for out 25 and its not a lot for what your getting. This is for all the people who are waiting for a rip version online. Im not saying we are a cause, but if you went to oc2 you would have known how much work actually went into the tournament and the dvd. I feel for caotic and the game 2 for what they had to do during tourney time. I feel for the players who attended oc2, all those canadians had to sleep in a tent provided and some of them played the best matches of their lives at oc2.

You could even say because of oc2, korean dj got a whole lot better. I listed before what went into making this dvd, and for people who want to just wait and hopefully wish someone who have spent their hard earned 25 bucks to upload for someone who just wants something is pretty sad. Of course i dont know when the dvd will be ripped but so far im glad atleast 51 people plus has support us by buying the dvd arash, caotic, nealt , myself worked really hard to get out to the players. So with all that said the oc2 dvd is a dvd with spirit. Otherwise 8 japanese players wouldnt have shown up to compete. For someone to even rip this dvd to post online for people who dont want to support it is rather stupid when we are offering distribution globally. If this dvd is ripped per say, its like kicking everyones ***, neals, mine, arash( note arash drove to and from the airport taking atleast 30 people home, you caculate gas money for 1 hour drive to Los angeles international, plus sometimes traffic for another 4 hours, nobody gives arash enough credit), caotic for taping, japanese players for comming down to play smash with americans, canadians for representing canada, and in general the smash players who are on the dvd who support the oc2.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
If I see any matches from oc2 placed on youtube, I will report it. And I will have it removed, recently got internship at youtube. Mana, make sure that you get the collection copyrighted.

manacloud1

Smash Champion
heh

If I see any matches from oc2 placed on youtube, I will report it. And I will have it removed, recently got internship at youtube. Mana, make sure that you get the collection copyrighted.
well sinz neal and myself , dont want to copyright what really isn't ours. We feel that this is a community effort, and really everything is owned by nintendo including images. Thats why we didnt posted the oc2 drawing of what i did in the first place. Nintendo characters are copyright nintendo, instead we feel its best if we just sold the dvd as is without copyright. I mean anyone on here who spent 25 bucks so far to buy a dvd has the right to do whatever they want with it including uploading videos, but I wanted to make sure they know that they are hurting far more people then just us. For those who went to oc2 they put some effort in those fights. I mean sean b vs pc chris , ken vs mew2king, I myself I have excellent battles as well. I remember taking out kaisers 4 stock then beating korean djs 4 and then losing to pc. Im not saying kaiser or korean dj sucks im just saying it was some good matches. Hugs himself performed well in crew battles as well. These matches were at the same time not just memories, but how i see it as a connection between players and the game and what it has become today. So everyone purchase a dvd, keep it to yourself, frame it, watch it over and over, learn, whatever you wish , just dont distribute it to someone who doesn't care, who wasnt at oc2, who just wants to get to benefit without giving back to what makes this a community. On the upside if i spent 25 bucks on a dvd why should someone else get it for free? Especially if this dvd contains materials that just rocks my socks. I dont know if its this dvd or the other special dvd, but captain jack did the bowser challenge , including ken, and a couple more people. Oh there was also the full bowser crew. Caotic, shaz, gimpy and some others.

the other day i was sitting around and i played one of the crew battles and it lasted for about 1 hour of footage. It would take about a month to watch all these videos.

I hope I addressed ripping and distribution as clearly as it is. The oc2 staff isnt some big time hollywood studio making movies. We are just like everyone else students and to create something like this took a load of work, time, and dedication.

Stevo

Smash Champion
I will buy one once my paypal transfer happens (should be in a couple days now)

I really enjoyed myself, it was well worth the money to travel to see the worlds best in smash :)
and its well worth the money to buy this dvd to have a keepsake of this great (and probably best) tournament for super smash brothers.
Thanks especially to Ken and mana and your family for housing myself and the other Canadians. Thanks to the rest of the staff as well for everything

manacloud1

Smash Champion
heh

I will buy one once my paypal transfer happens (should be in a couple days now)

I really enjoyed myself, it was well worth the money to travel to see the worlds best in smash :)
and its well worth the money to buy this dvd to have a keepsake of this great (and probably best) tournament for super smash brothers.
Thanks especially to Ken and mana and your family for housing myself and the other Canadians. Thanks to the rest of the staff as well for everything
we really didnt mind housing you guys except the fact there was too much to house. If california wasnt such a pain to find a place just for smashers to sleep we would have and OC every year, but with rental, cost, venue, and all that it makes it rather difficult. It was like every night around 10 they kicked us out of the golf course because of closing time else they would charge us an extra 200 bucks just for staying another 10 minutes. bull**** crap like that, but over all it was enjoyable and quite successful i thought and maybe in the future we might have an oc3 who knows for brawl. This time around if mlg doesnt go national, we can bring some new faces to the tournament scene. It was still quite amazing that we brought over 8 japanese players, and the huge canadian smash scene. Someone should post the picture of all the canadians standing and forming a line outside with their red leaf shirts that was a pretty awesome picture.

T-Rex

Smash Apprentice
Just payed via Paypal for my DVD. I admit I was one of those people thinking "Hmm, how long till a Torrent or Youtube has them up." but I realized as Manacloud and everyone had said, this DVD obviously took forever to put together, and the 25 dollars is well worth the effort put forth to make this DVD, well not only the Effort but $25 dollars for all these rediculously awsome Matches is a bargain alone. SHIP THEM WHEN YOU RECIEVE MY PAYMENT :laugh: :laugh: .

$26.50 well spent IMO.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Just wondering 2 things. Do you want me to have them removed for youtube if they are posted? And have they been shipped.

manacloud1

Smash Champion
heh

Just wondering 2 things. Do you want me to have them removed for youtube if they are posted? And have they been shipped.
if you could remove them it would be great, also we might be posting some free matches meaning if nealdt or i add them do not remove those free ones for the open public. And have we sent them no we havent right now we are packaging them.

T-Rex

Smash Apprentice
When is the last day you are taking orders? Say I ordered mine today, think you will ship it with the rest? Also, is it ground shipping, 3-5 Buisness? US Postal, UPS, FedEX? and if I'm not mistaken it's coming from California, correct?

Top Bottom